Daniel Bryan Released *GIVE OPINIONS*

I actually like the fact that if he comes back (which seems likely) He is comming back as a face to take on the NXT rookies, that will push his ass right to the moon when he finally gets back..

Bryan Dainelson vs Wade Barette with the NXT rookies?? Seems like a compelling storyline to me.

Hopefully they bring him back soon ( way before the 90 days) I mean really they can bring him back to the company any time they want, they just have to do it within 90 days so they don't loose him to ROH, or TNA

Great confirmation, so seems like the NXTBLOOD have already descended into failure. I'm not going to believe that a bunch of low-card/mid-carders are a legit threat to the WWE. Bryan was the only one with a legit pedigree and the only one who'd demonstrated actual ability to the majority audience with his matches against Batista and Miz. You've lost the best wrestler you had and you've got one guy (Barrett) left and he's nowhere near Bryan's level. Good luck with that idea. I hope to see Bryan again in the future although he may do better in TNA or going back to ROH as I feel this whole incident just seems ridiculous and he'll have lost most of his steam in 3 months time when he's able to return. It's a shame, but this is what the PG era has to offer. Condolences to Bryan for being the sacrificial lamb.

He'll be back. Like others have posted already, the fact that Cena is "tweeting" about him, JR is mentioning it on his blog, and that Barrett mentioned him on Raw makes it pretty clear. in the past, whenever anyone is released from the WWE you never hear them mentioned again, not by anyone associated with WWE. He'll do his time (much like HHH had to when he and HBK had their "good-bye's" with Hall and Nash years ago) and come back better off.

To the people crying hypocrisy. Smashing a car repeatedly is so over the top as to be unbelievable. Same goes for cracking someone with a pipe, sledgehammer, chair, etc. Choking with a tie is more "everyday" and copyable. It is much easier to imagine a couple kids wrestling around and having one say "Let me go grab one of my dad's ties like Daniel Bryan" than it is to have the same kid say "Let me go try and find a sledgehammer like HHH and beat you with it". Not saying I agree with having to make an example of him (there are much worse things on TV at the same time) but the reaction isn't completely unreasonable.

Not sure why everyone keeps mentioning the 90 day non-compete clause - that's to stop him wrestling in TNA, not coming back to WWE. The assumption when most people are released is that they will not come back, so the 90 non-compete clause applies to stop them in TNA.

He'll be back, I'm confident of that. Give it a month/6 weeks.

The identity of the limo driver would be quite interesting (and could lead to his return if they choose to sell the Hart injury for a significant enough period of time). Obviously he wasn't actually driving the limo (unless he's learned stunt driving in his time wrestling all over the world) - but you'd need to explain that somehow storyline wise - a WWE employee wouldn't do it, and I can't think they could have hired anyone in (none of them have contracts - so shouldn't have any money).

Great confirmation, so seems like the NXTBLOOD have already descended into failure. I'm not going to believe that a bunch of low-card/mid-carders are a legit threat to the WWE. Bryan was the only one with a legit pedigree and the only one who'd demonstrated actual ability to the majority audience with his matches against Batista and Miz. You've lost the best wrestler you had and you've got one guy (Barrett) left and he's nowhere near Bryan's level. Good luck with that idea. I hope to see Bryan again in the future although he may do better in TNA or going back to ROH as I feel this whole incident just seems ridiculous and he'll have lost most of his steam in 3 months time when he's able to return. It's a shame, but this is what the PG era has to offer. Condolences to Bryan for being the sacrificial lamb.

Answer me this, how would the presence of Danielson have changed anything this week? We'd have got one more non-appology, one more guy asking for a contract, and one more guy running off. performing another beatdown would be pointless this week because of the PPV on Sunday means that you don't want to have any main eventers looking weak.

As for the faction running off, they're fucking heels who are being booked to behave like a pack of wolves. They beat down people who they're stronger than and/or outnumber considerably. Having them stand and fight would be stupid from a character standpoint and a booking one. It makes more sence in every way for a pack of hyenas to run from a larger pack of lions (even if the lion pack includes over jobbers like Santino and King).

And the angle will continue on much the same path as it would with Danielson. He is not so good or so indiepensible that the angle is nothing without him. Overall I think Barrett is the better tallent (not wrestler. I'm a mark, not a moron), and would have been the greater loss to it than Danielson (on the grounds that he is by far the best promocutter of the bunch, and promos matter more to an angle like this than wrestling). Danielson would have benefited from being in the angle, but not more than Barrett, who is closer to being ME ready than Danielson (because he is as good as he needs to be in the ring and more than good enough on the mic, as opposed to Danielson who imo is not quite good enough on the stick to be a main eventer).

And Danielson will be back, and just as hot as he was when he left. Depending on how they play it, and where the angle has progressed to he could play a face fighting the guys he turned his back against, or he could rejoin them after seeming to play the face. Bryan's rise to prominence will still be as part of this angle, and his absence won't affect him, or the angle half as badly as you seem to think.

Wow its only been 4 days and 63 pages holy shit faced crackers
anyway bryan its really obivous that he will be involved somehow with the storyline but we will have to wait and see

Answer me this, how would the presence of Danielson have changed anything this week? We'd have got one more non-appology, one more guy asking for a contract, and one more guy running off. performing another beatdown would be pointless this week because of the PPV on Sunday means that you don't want to have any main eventers looking weak.

Yes, but when it comes time for the NXTBLOOD to actually wrestle the WWE superstars, where's the one guy who's actually been shown he can go toe to toe with credible stars? Bryan, the most interesting character has been Bryan, he's had more interaction with established stars, he was the only one who got any crowd reaction, he was the standout. Barrett's a good talker and an ok wrestler. But he hasn't done anything to give him an ounce of credibilty. All we heard during NXT was Bryan's background around the world, he was the only developed character and so removing him means they've got 7 guys, 1 of whom has some potential.

As for the faction running off, they're fucking heels who are being booked to behave like a pack of wolves. They beat down people who they're stronger than and/or outnumber considerably. Having them stand and fight would be stupid from a character standpoint and a booking one. It makes more sence in every way for a pack of hyenas to run from a larger pack of lions (even if the lion pack includes over jobbers like Santino and King).
But I didn't say anything about that, obviously they'll be chased off by a larger group.

And the angle will continue on much the same path as it would with Danielson. He is not so good or so indiepensible that the angle is nothing without him. Overall I think Barrett is the better tallent (not wrestler. I'm a mark, not a moron), and would have been the greater loss to it than Danielson (on the grounds that he is by far the best promocutter of the bunch, and promos matter more to an angle like this than wrestling). Danielson would have benefited from being in the angle, but not more than Barrett, who is closer to being ME ready than Danielson (because he is as good as he needs to be in the ring and more than good enough on the mic, as opposed to Danielson who imo is not quite good enough on the stick to be a main eventer).

Except that when it comes to this group having to face people in matches, not a single one of these guys has any credibility. It'd be like an army of Sheamuses, if they go over all the established stars people will call bullshit, but there's no way they're going to look strong. Outside of Barrett none of them have any personality and BD is the only one who's been built as a genuine in-ring threat to the main eventers.

And Danielson will be back, and just as hot as he was when he left. Depending on how they play it, and where the angle has progressed to he could play a face fighting the guys he turned his back against, or he could rejoin them after seeming to play the face. Bryan's rise to prominence will still be as part of this angle, and his absence won't affect him, or the angle half as badly as you seem to think.

And the problem here is that the NXT rookies are in the exact same spot as the New Blood and the ECW/WCW alliance. They look like *****es, it took all of them to take down the company face. What am I meant to believe; Heath Slater's gonna take out Randy Orton one on one? Wade Barrett is somehow able to take out Cena when no one else has? Darren Young's gonna take out Edge or Punk? Bryan was the only one who's demonstrated that the could hurt the main eventers. He took Jericho to the limit, he took Batista to the limit, he beat the Miz, during the NXT comp he had all the pro's repeatedly tell him he was the best.

Barrett would've been a good second to BD, but as it stands you've got 1 guy in a 7 man faction who could belivably compete against the established wrestlers. And I had doubts at the start of the angle, but with the loss of the best member, I don't see it being salvaged. Because the gang-beatings might work, but when it comes to having matches I'm not gonna believe clean wins and if they resort to cheating it's still going to make them look weak.

Call it pessimism but losing Bryan has seriously hurt this angle and it's potential.

The commentators definately should have played it off like Danielson was the one driving the limo. That could be an angle in itself, where they keep implying that Danielson is there but never actually show him. Like have an off-screen assault and when the face asks "Who did this to you?" he replies "It was Danielson..." That way he wouldn't lose any steam. The fans wouldn't even question it.

You know, I just thought of something, and admittedly, this is partially ripped off from Doc, though I'm not sure even he understands what I mean by that. During the beginning of the Invasion angle that began June 7th, I feel as though Doc made a fantastic point:

from Doc said:
I'm not sure if I like Daniel Bryan doing this, as well. They spent all this time building him up as a mega-face. They gave him a feud with the Miz, and Michael Cole. Now they'll throw that away, and just make him heel, in spite of how he's been built the last couple weeks?

I think we all were so raving about this angle, we neglected to remember that, yes, this does kill Danielson's face push. Don't get me wrong, I love this NXT angle as much as the next guy, but Doc had a fantastic point. This does kill all of Danielson's pop if he turns heel with all of the other NXT guys.

At this point, I believe the release is legit. He'll be brought back soon enough. However, I do think there's storyline reasoning behind this release. Think: Daniel Bryan is probably impossible to get over as a heel, because of how much the IWC seems to love him, and because of all his recent fights with the Miz and Michael Cole. His talent alone make it difficult for the fans to actually hate this guy. Consider RVD in the Invasion angle of 2001: One of the problems of RVD was that, in spite of the WWE's attempts, they just couldn't get him to turn heel. He always got face pops, no matter where he went, because of who he was. Consequently, I feel that Vince McMahon saw a similar issue. In spite of all they could do, Vince probably just couldn't get DB over as a heel, because of all that had been done with him already. He, therefore, becomes expendable to the NXT angle. Sure he can work a great heel, but there was so much invested in him as a face, there was no way they would get him past the half cheer/boo paradox that would inevitably follow him.

Thus, he gives his 90 days waiting, comes back with an uber face mentality, scorned by the NXT group for kicking him out, and this angle goes off even better. I mean, has anyone thought that it may be good for Danielson to have been fired, if not for storyline reasoning? He can come back, and work as an outright face, and even perhaps as a tweener, siding neither with NXT or the WWE. Yes, that may sound too much like Sting, but I just have a crazy feeling it may work

I do agree with the above post. But I disagree about one thing. Were there really any fans watching Raw last week thinking, "Please stop choking Justin Roberts! That's very heel-like!" I bet even the children watching thought that was funny. I mean, if it had been John Cena getting choked by Danielson, it'd be different. Because fans like John Cena. But who really cares about Justin Roberts? It's like in the 90's when Bob Backlund would do the crossface chickenwing on helpless announcers and stuff. He was supposed to be a heel, but I laughed my head off as a 9 year old watching that. No one cares about the announcers. I hate John Cena's character, but if he came out and FU'd the time keeper, he'd be my new favorite wrestler. It's normal to see referees take bumps, but when you start beating up on random no-names sitting around the ring, that's gold. And back to what Tenta said, if Daniel Bryan kept pulling stunts like last week, it would hurt NXT because their supposed to be heels. That's how characters like Austin became big. They had heel-like qualities, but were being heels towards people the fans didn't care about, so it made them cheer him. Fans don't like NXT because they beat up John Cena. But if Cena hadn't been there, and they were just beating up random no-names and lower-card people, they could have been anti-heroes.

Yes, but when it comes time for the NXTBLOOD to actually wrestle the WWE superstars, where's the one guy who's actually been shown he can go toe to toe with credible stars?

I seem to remember Barrett looking credible in his match with Cena. Maybe I'm mistaken though.

Bryan, the most interesting character has been Bryan, he's had more interaction with established stars, he was the only one who got any crowd reaction, he was the standout.

Gabriel's pops were larger. And he was far from the only person to get a fan reaction. But as for the interactions with pros and having an interesting character, you are right.

Barrett's a good talker and an ok wrestler.

Which is all he needs. He's solid enough to have decent matches and big enough to be able to work a power game against most of the roster.

But he hasn't done anything to give him an ounce of credibilty.

Except win NXT, pin Christian and look good in a match with Cena. He's also a bareknuckle fighter if we count kayfabe accomplishments.

All we heard during NXT was Bryan's background around the world, he was the only developed character and so removing him means they've got 7 guys, 1 of whom has some potential.

Correct, Barrett is the best prospect in the short and long term. Coincidentally, he'd be the best short term prospect even if Bryan was still there. And as I say, they only need the one guy with potential because the rest are supporting players to give the top heel of the faction some extra muscle to help him gain credibility.

But I didn't say anything about that, obviously they'll be chased off by a larger group.

My point was that Bryan Danielson is not so good that his absence will drastically affect the direction of the angle. Thus far, it hasn't and I doubt it will massively by the time it ends.

Except that when it comes to this group having to face people in matches, not a single one of these guys has any credibility.

Barrett disagrees.

It'd be like an army of Sheamuses, if they go over all the established stars people will call bullshit, but there's no way they're going to look strong.

Except that it's not an army of Sheamuses. It's a single Sheamus with an army of midcarders to do his bidding and help him beat down people. Big difference.

Outside of Barrett none of them have any personality and BD is the only one who's been built as a genuine in-ring threat to the main eventers.

Which would be why Barrett is the ring leader and will be the one who will use the faction to gain credibility and make the jump to the ME.

And the problem here is that the NXT rookies are in the exact same spot as the New Blood and the ECW/WCW alliance.

Not really. There's competant booking here. For a start, the new breed were supposed to be the faces.

They look like *****es, it took all of them to take down the company face.

Yes it did. ANd what happened? The entire IWC loved it, and it generated a fuckton of discussion. THe point was to get the NXT faction into the minds of the viewers, and it did just that. Apparently they got the most heat out of anybody on Raw. The credability can come later. Right now, it's getting them over that's important.

What am I meant to believe; Heath Slater's gonna take out Randy Orton one on one?

He did beat Jericho, which Bryan didn't. And it depends on how he wins. If one of the rookies is involved, or it's otherwise unclean yes. Besides, they're fucking heels. They're not supposed to win cleanly.

Wade Barrett is somehow able to take out Cena when no one else has?

It took Cena roughly the same amount of time to beat Barrett as it took Batista to finish Bryan. And Barrett took more shots in his match IIRC.

Darren Young's gonna take out Edge or Punk?

why would he need to? He's got 6 other guys to help him do so. They're a gang of heels being booked well. Right now, the whole is more than the sum of its parts. THat'd be the case even with Danielson.

Bryan was the only one who's demonstrated that the could hurt the main eventers.

Except Barrett.

He took Jericho to the limit

Heath Slater beat him.

he took Batista to the limit

Same with Barrett and Cena.

he beat the Miz

Barrett beat Christian.

during the NXT comp he had all the pro's repeatedly tell him he was the best.

Barrett likewise got unanimous praise.

Barrett would've been a good second to BD

Based on last week, Bryan would have been second in command to Barrett.

but as it stands you've got 1 guy in a 7 man faction who could belivably compete against the established wrestlers.

Which is all you need when only one of them is main event ready. Bryan is very, very good. But he is not main event ready in my opinion. I don't think he's got the mic skills to go with his wrestling skills yet. Don't get me wrong he's very good, but he's not as ready as Barrett.

And I had doubts at the start of the angle, but with the loss of the best member

Best is subjective. Barrett was always going to be the one to get the quick ME rub. Daniel Bryan or no Daniel Bryan.

I don't see it being salvaged.

I don't see it being salviged either. Because imo it hasn't sunk yet.

Because the gang-beatings might work, but when it comes to having matches I'm not gonna believe clean wins and if they resort to cheating it's still going to make them look weak.

OMG A BIG BAND OF HEELS CHEATING TO WIN? STOP THE PRESSES! Jesus Christ, it's almost as if heels with back up cheating to win is new to you. Look at nearly every heel gang in wrestling history. How much more frequently do they win by cheating than cleanly? Hell look at the SES, who interfere in seemingly every CM Punk match. Even Serena gets in on the cheating.

Call it pessimism but losing Bryan has seriously hurt this angle and it's potential.

No it hasn't. On the grounds that Danielson is not indespensible. I maintain that Barrett would have been the bigger loss, because mic skills are much more important than wrestling skills for a gang of heels.

Right now i think most of us can agree that his firing is indeed legit and not a work....with that said id expect him back, and this whole storyline has been left open for a return of Danielson, atm it seems like a a return as a face and a rival of the NxT

I think we all were so raving about this angle, we neglected to remember that, yes, this does kill Danielson's face push.

Not neccesaraly. THey can always have him turn on the group later on, so he can benefit from being a part of the pack which is consistently the most memorable thing on Raw, before getting his delayed face push.

Don't get me wrong, I love this NXT angle as much as the next guy, but Doc had a fantastic point. This does kill all of Danielson's pop if he turns heel with all of the other NXT guys.

What's lost is only hiding. If Bryan hadn't left, he'd end up getting the best of both worlds. He'd get his name and face out there as part of the faction before getting the megababyface pop for turning against them and kicking Barrett in the head.

At this point, I believe the release is legit. He'll be brought back soon enough.

Agreed.

However, I do think there's storyline reasoning behind this release.

Disagreed. Simply because even if you're right and Danielson as a heel fails miserably, it's still better to have him on TV and being memorable than it is to get rid of him.

Think: Daniel Bryan is probably impossible to get over as a heel, because of how much the IWC seems to love him, and because of all his recent fights with the Miz and Michael Cole.

Disagree here too. Firstly because the IWC makes up a small percentage of the WWE's viewership, secondly because Vince isn't catering for the smarks in attendence (that's TNA's domain) and thirdly because Danielson was playuing a damn good heel. See him at an FCW event, which is infested with smarks and kids (part 1 and part 2) where he was getting decent heat once he started acting like a heel.

His talent alone make it difficult for the fans to actually hate this guy.

He's tallented enough to make people hate him too.

Consider RVD in the Invasion angle of 2001: One of the problems of RVD was that, in spite of the WWE's attempts, they just couldn't get him to turn heel. He always got face pops, no matter where he went, because of who he was.

Danielson is better than RVD though. Both in the ring and as a heel. He can make the vast, vast, vast majority of the audience hate him. The rest will be pretty much drowned out by the boos.

Consequently, I feel that Vince McMahon saw a similar issue. In spite of all they could do, Vince probably just couldn't get DB over as a heel, because of all that had been done with him already.

Depending on how well the NXT angle went with him, he probably gould and would.

He, therefore, becomes expendable to the NXT angle.

All the rookies (with the exception of Barrett, who is carrying the mic work) are expendible to the angle.

Sure he can work a great heel, but there was so much invested in him as a face, there was no way they would get him past the half cheer/boo paradox that would inevitably follow him.

Disagree. And besides, those investments would come good when he turned on the group. Out of all of the NXT rookies, he's the one who has the most reason to hate WWE management. He put up with them releasing him, the stupid challenges and Cole parroting their views. By rights he has more of an axe to grind than any of them.

Thus, he gives his 90 days waiting, comes back with an uber face mentality, scorned by the NXT group for kicking him out, and this angle goes off even better.

I'm of the opinion that while absence makes the heart grow fonder, having him on the show, and slowly building to a massive explosion against the group would be a better choice. if Vince had one.

I mean, has anyone thought that it may be good for Danielson to have been fired, if not for storyline reasoning?

Nope. For him, he's a financial loser, has to go to low rent indie shows, and lost his shot at WWE fame (for now, at least). For WWE, they lost Bryan Danielson. Nobody's a winner here.

He can come back, and work as an outright face, and even perhaps as a tweener, siding neither with NXT or the WWE.

He could have done the former in a much more impressive fashion if he hadn't gotten fired.

Yes, that may sound too much like Sting, but I just have a crazy feeling it may work

Isn't Sting a heel because the audience REFUSES to boo him? Despite him doing rediculously heelish things for no apparent reason.

In conclusion, Danielson's firing isn't a terrible loss for the angle or Danielson, but the latter's epic face turn after months of heelish acts with the NXT army would be better than his shock return after months of being gone, if for no other reason than all publicity being good publicity (and regular high profile appearances on the flagship TV show certainly counts as publicity).

I seem to remember Barrett looking credible in his match with Cena. Maybe I'm mistaken though.
And again it's a faction and Barrett I believe tapped out to Cena, which pretty much says that he's not up to his level.

Gabriel's pops were larger. And he was far from the only person to get a fan reaction. But as for the interactions with pros and having an interesting character, you are right.
I seem to remember Gabriel falling flat whenever Matt Hardy wasn't at his side.

Except win NXT, pin Christian and look good in a match with Cena. He's also a bareknuckle fighter if we count kayfabe accomplishments.
Yes win NXT and pin Christian and lose to Cena, by that logic The Miz should be in the main event. Pinning Christian would be a good way for a slow build, but when you consider that Christian has lost to Edge, Sheamus, Dibiase, etc. At most Barrett's a midcarder.

Correct, Barrett is the best prospect in the short and long term. Coincidentally, he'd be the best short term prospect even if Bryan was still there. And as I say, they only need the one guy with potential because the rest are supporting players to give the top heel of the faction some extra muscle to help him gain credibility.
6 guys who serve no purpose other than getting Barrett over, sounds a lot like Legacy. And if the end result of a faction storyline is that one guy gets over and the other members dissappear I'd call it a failed faction.

My point was that Bryan Danielson is not so good that his absence will drastically affect the direction of the angle. Thus far, it hasn't and I doubt it will massively by the time it ends.
And my point is that the faction looks weak and by your understanding is going to be nothing more than the Barrett show which makes it no different then just having Barrett in a storyline by himself. With Bryan you at least had two guys who would've been successful, now it's Barrett and the minions, which isn't going to be interesting.

Except that it's not an army of Sheamuses. It's a single Sheamus with an army of midcarders to do his bidding and help him beat down people. Big difference.
No it's an army of Midcarders, none of which seem like a real threat to the WWE veterans. Barrett's beaten a midcarder, the end.

Which would be why Barrett is the ring leader and will be the one who will use the faction to gain credibility and make the jump to the ME.

And what happens to the rest of the faction? They all fall off the wagon and are never heard from again? There's no point having a faction if it's only going to get 1 guy over. HHH might've been the main member of Evolution but at the end of that angle Batista and Orton were established. In this situation Barrett will get over and the other members will drop like flies.

Not really. There's competant booking here. For a start, the new breed were supposed to be the faces.
There was competent booking for the invasion that didn't stop the faction from being terrible.

He did beat Jericho, which Bryan didn't. And it depends on how he wins. If one of the rookies is involved, or it's otherwise unclean yes. Besides, they're fucking heels. They're not supposed to win cleanly.
compare Bryan's match with Jericho to Slaters match with Jericho and tell me which one made both men seem like genuine competitors and which one seemed like an upset to try and get Slater over? (which thanks to this heel turn has become meaningless).

It took Cena roughly the same amount of time to beat Barrett as it took Batista to finish Bryan. And Barrett took more shots in his match IIRC.
He still lost.

why would he need to? He's got 6 other guys to help him do so. They're a gang of heels being booked well. Right now, the whole is more than the sum of its parts. THat'd be the case even with Danielson.
And again those 6 guys are nothing, if they're just going to be thrown away afterwards it becomes pointless having them.

Heath Slater beat him.
Again upset victory that became meaningless as soon as they turned him face. Slaters match with Jericho didn't make Slater seem like a threat it made Slater seem lucky.

Barrett likewise got unanimous praise.
Barrett got praised as being the winner of NXT, Bryan got told he was better then the US champion by both a former WHC and a Veteran.

Based on last week, Bryan would have been second in command to Barrett.

Which is all you need when only one of them is main event ready. Bryan is very, very good. But he is not main event ready in my opinion. I don't think he's got the mic skills to go with his wrestling skills yet. Don't get me wrong he's very good, but he's not as ready as Barrett.
And what's Barrett got that makes him main event ready? He can talk, ok. His finisher looks ******ed, he already lost to Cena once, the idea that he can take him now a month after he lost is silly, in that time he hasn't beaten anybody. And again my point remains, why have a faction if the end goal is to get one of them over and throw away the rest?

Best is subjective. Barrett was always going to be the one to get the quick ME rub. Daniel Bryan or no Daniel Bryan.
Just because Barrett matches the WWE look more doesn't mean his push will sustain itself.

OMG A BIG BAND OF HEELS CHEATING TO WIN? STOP THE PRESSES! Jesus Christ, it's almost as if heels with back up cheating to win is new to you. Look at nearly every heel gang in wrestling history. How much more frequently do they win by cheating than cleanly? Hell look at the SES, who interfere in seemingly every CM Punk match. Even Serena gets in on the cheating.
There's a huge diffrence between credible heels and new heels having to cheat to win. CM Punk spent years as a face, he won titles as a face. He took on credible heels and won to get himself out there. Sure the SES interefere in his matches but he's already proven to the majority audience that he can win, his match with Hardy last year was a prime example of this. And so when CM Punk challenges John Cena it's a lot more believable. By comparison who in the NXT group (Barrett excluded) has accomplished anything? When Jericho turned heel in his feud with HBK he used underhanded tactics but he also seemed like a legit threat. All we've heard about these guys is that they're inexperienced rookies which means if all their matches end in cheating it'll 1.) get incredibly repetitive very quickly and 2.) should they go over clean at any time it'll be even less believable.

No it hasn't. On the grounds that Danielson is not indespensible. I maintain that Barrett would have been the bigger loss, because mic skills are much more important than wrestling skills for a gang of heels.
Actually I'd disagree, because it's ring-skill that's going to make the eventual matches worth watching. If they'd lost Barrett they'd have lost a big part of the angle as well, but losing either guy is pretty much detrimental as I'm guessing the two of them were meant to be the credible members. Instead we have 1 guy who can go and 6 jobbers. At this point having a faction seems pointless as they'll do nothing more than offer outside interference. Which is why they needed Bryan because without him the faction becomes the Barrett show. Which defeats the purpose of having a group.

So several sources are now reporting that Bryan himself is legit under the impression he' finished with the WWE and has already begun contacting independent promotions for dates, as well as there being several reports that TNA has tried to contact him already, as we of course knew they would.

I really have no idea what the future holds for Danielson. I 100% believe the WWE didn't want to fire the guy and that once this heat from some of Linda's campaign buddies dies down they'll do everything in their power to get him back, but I've got to wonder how Bryan feels about all this. If I were him frankly I'd be incredibly fucking pissed off that the company would release me because a few people with connections and commitments to Linda's senate campaign didn't like Bryan choking out Roberts. But I also don't believe for a moment that he'd be foolish enough to pass up the career opportunities that only the WWE can really provide him. TNA could be a possibility but considering how they've treated Nigel/Desmond Wolfe I really don't see Bryan signing a contract with TNA until he's absolutely certain he can't return to the WWE.

What a fucking ridiculous situation this all truly is. Just another case of a talented person being screwed by politics in wrestling.

And again it's a faction and Barrett I believe tapped out to Cena, which pretty much says that he's not up to his level.

And Bryan got pinned sending the same message. your point?

I seem to remember Gabriel falling flat whenever Matt Hardy wasn't at his side.

I seem to remember his name garnering the largest pop when Striker introduded them all.

Yes win NXT and pin Christian and lose to Cena, by that logic The Miz should be in the main event. Pinning Christian would be a good way for a slow build, but when you consider that Christian has lost to Edge, Sheamus, Dibiase, etc. At most Barrett's a midcarder.

you weaken your point when people do think Miz should be in the mian event. Not to mention that Barrett has done more impressive things than Daniel Bryan. If he's a midcarder, that's what Danielson is. At best.

6 guys who serve no purpose other than getting Barrett over, sounds a lot like Legacy. And if the end result of a faction storyline is that one guy gets over and the other members dissappear I'd call it a failed faction.

Considering that the alternative was to get Barrett and maybe Danielson over and send the rest of the rookies back to FCW anyway, it's win-win.

And my point is that the faction looks weak and by your understanding is going to be nothing more than the Barrett show which makes it no different then just having Barrett in a storyline by himself. With Bryan you at least had two guys who would've been successful, now it's Barrett and the minions, which isn't going to be interesting.

Really? That's why without Danielson the rookies continued to be just as interesting, right? The faction would look no stronger with Danielson in it. And it's the booking that determines how interesting something is. Not who gets the rub.

No it's an army of Midcarders, none of which seem like a real threat to the WWE veterans. Barrett's beaten a midcarder, the end.

THEY'VE BEEN OFF NXT FOR 2 FUCKING WEEKS! YOU FUCKING EXPECT THEM TO BE THOUGHT OF AS EQUALS TO MAIN EVENTERS? No. Just no.

And what happens to the rest of the faction? They all fall off the wagon and are never heard from again? There's no point having a faction if it's only going to get 1 guy over. HHH might've been the main member of Evolution but at the end of that angle Batista and Orton were established. In this situation Barrett will get over and the other members will drop like flies.

Call me back when the angle has run its course. The point of it as it lies right now is to A get barrett over in a believable fashion. B Give the rest of the rookies spotlight so that they don't get forgotten and C provide sone DAMN good temevision. it's doing all three well. None of them will get as much of a rib as Barrett. But that's because they aren't as good as him and nor do they need it.

There was competent booking for the invasion that didn't stop the faction from being terrible.

Question, are you talking about the same invasion that was absolutely terribly booked, and was ruined by it?

compare Bryan's match with Jericho to Slaters match with Jericho and tell me which one made both men seem like genuine competitors and which one seemed like an upset to try and get Slater over? (which thanks to this heel turn has become meaningless).

Yes. Bryan looked better. He then proceeded to lose every other match after that when his opponent landed a high impact move. Plans change, and Bryna Danielson is not good enough to make or break this angle.

He still lost.

So did Danielson. Who then got destroyed afterwards.

And again those 6 guys are nothing, if they're just going to be thrown away afterwards it becomes pointless having them.

Ignoring the fact that's what would have happened anyway, and that being part of a major angle where they can be carried by Barrett's charisma gives them easy exposure, I'd say that the're better off as Barrett's band of peons than going straight back to FCW.

Again upset victory that became meaningless as soon as they turned him face. Slaters match with Jericho didn't make Slater seem like a threat it made Slater seem lucky.

He still won.

Barrett got praised as being the winner of NXT, Bryan got told he was better then the US champion by both a former WHC and a Veteran.

I was actually talking about his pro's viginette. Where every one of them was positive, including Regal saying that he's got everything aestetically and physically that a person could want.

And what's Barrett got that makes him main event ready? He can talk, ok.

And that ability is a DAMN important one. Name one consistent main eventer that couldn't cut a good promo. Benoit doesn't count, because he was never a consistent main eventer.

His finisher looks ******ed

Irrelevent.

he already lost to Cena once

So has Sheamus. And Randy Orton. And HHH. And Every other fucking Main eventer in the company. Your point?

the idea that he can take him now a month after he lost is silly

He's got a fucking army behind him. You don't think he can cheat to win like a heel?

in that time he hasn't beaten anybody.

Except when he won NXT. And beat both of his other competitors in the same night.

And again my point remains, why have a faction if the end goal is to get one of them over and throw away the rest?

Because A them getitng trashed would happen anyway and B they have more chance of making it after the angle, than they did before it started. And how is it any better if 2 people got the rub anyway?

Just because Barrett matches the WWE look more doesn't mean his push will sustain itself.

No. His push will sustain itself because He's capable of working a crowd and wrestling as well as he needs to.

There's a huge diffrence between credible heels and new heels having to cheat to win.

There's a difference between two people with the same heal.face allignment doing the exact same thing? Really? I could have sworn their actions were equally cowardly.

CM Punk spent years as a face, he won titles as a face. He took on credible heels and won to get himself out there.

And that matters how exactly? other than to increase the power of the slap in the face the turn caused.

Sure the SES interefere in his matches but he's already proven to the majority audience that he can win, his match with Hardy last year was a prime example of this.

that makes it even worse for him. He WAS able to do this without help before, but now he needs to cheat to win. That's fucking ruined his credability from how you're treating the rookies.

And so when CM Punk challenges John Cena it's a lot more believable.

Barrett actually did a better job in his first match agianst Cena than Punk did.

By comparison who in the NXT group (Barrett excluded) has accomplished anything?

why do they need to have. They're A barrett's supporting players B pack animals and C HAVE BEEN OFF NXT FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS.

When Jericho turned heel in his feud with HBK he used underhanded tactics but he also seemed like a legit threat. All we've heard about these guys is that they're inexperienced rookies which means if all their matches end in cheating it'll 1.) get incredibly repetitive very quickly and 2.) should they go over clean at any time it'll be even less believable.

Funny how the same tactics have been used for YEARS by every other faction without complaints over repetitiveness.

Actually I'd disagree, because it's ring-skill that's going to make the eventual matches worth watching.

Ask Benoit how easy it is gettiing over with skills but no charisma.

If they'd lost Barrett they'd have lost a big part of the angle as well, but losing either guy is pretty much detrimental as I'm guessing the two of them were meant to be the credible members.

you guess right. But Charisma > Wrestling ability. Always has, always will.

Instead we have 1 guy who can go and 6 jobbers.

as opposed to 2 guys who can go and the same 6 jobbers. Huge difference there.

At this point having a faction seems pointless as they'll do nothing more than offer outside interference.

what would they have done with Bryan there? become magically awesome?

Which is why they needed Bryan because without him the faction becomes the Barrett show.

as opposed to early NXT bieng the danielson show, which Barrett stole every time he got on the mic.

Which defeats the purpose of having a group.

Not really. considering that their stock in a big angle > their stock in FCW.

Something just occurred to me as a way to realistically get Bryan back in WWE. What if, at some point over the next few weeks the "chaos" caused by the NXT members get's so bad that Hart has no choice but to announce "Not only does Barrett have his contract and title shot, but all the Season 1 NXT stars get contracts as well". The logic being that if they are under contract they are easier to control (I know, a bit of a stretch).

The thing is though, Bryan would be included in that group. So he could come back the next week and when Hart comes out to say "What are you doing here? You were released?" Bryan (or Danielson if he is using that name) would run the clip of Hart announcing all the NXT guys get contracts and then point out that includes him.

I seem to remember his name garnering the largest pop when Striker introduded them all.
And I seem to remember his "I'll be back" speech getting no reaction at all.

you weaken your point when people do think Miz should be in the mian event. Not to mention that Barrett has done more impressive things than Daniel Bryan. If he's a midcarder, that's what Danielson is. At best.

Yes and those same people are the reason no one outside the Main Event these days has any character or interest to them. And you're right Danielson was a midcarder and he should've been involved in his feud with Miz and Cole instead someone slapped together this angle with all the NXT guys suddenly being friends in spite of them hating eachother previously. Bryan's gone and the Miz is back in the US title scene when the original reason he lost it was so the could initiate the grudge-feud with Bryan. Slapped together booking if ever there was.

Considering that the alternative was to get Barrett and maybe Danielson over and send the rest of the rookies back to FCW anyway, it's win-win.

The alternative was to not make the faction. However with Bryan involved they at least had a chance of looking like a genuine faction were each member is a threat instead of 1 guy and his minions.

Really? That's why without Danielson the rookies continued to be just as interesting, right? The faction would look no stronger with Danielson in it. And it's the booking that determines how interesting something is. Not who gets the rub.
Yes the faction would look stronger because you would have had 2 members who were ready to go, however the faction now isn't a faction. It's 1 guy with minions. A faction is supposed to have multiple members who could win. Look at all the factions throughout history, the horsemen, the original nWo, DX, the MEM, Evolution, each member was legit, aside from Barrett who in this "faction" is legit? None of them so the "faction" fails because it's just going to be Barret challenging for the World Title (prematurely) and the others sit there doing nothing.

THEY'VE BEEN OFF NXT FOR 2 FUCKING WEEKS! YOU FUCKING EXPECT THEM TO BE THOUGHT OF AS EQUALS TO MAIN EVENTERS? No. Just no.
No I don't, that's why it's a bad angle. A month or two of these guys wrestling on the two shows, with subtle elements of a possible alliance would've made it more interesting, instead a group of guys who hated eachother are suddenly aligned and in that shitty situation you at least had 2 guys with some amount of build, now you have 1, therefore pointless faction.

Call me back when the angle has run its course. The point of it as it lies right now is to A get barrett over in a believable fashion. B Give the rest of the rookies spotlight so that they don't get forgotten and C provide sone DAMN good temevision. it's doing all three well. None of them will get as much of a rib as Barrett. But that's because they aren't as good as him and nor do they need it.

Ok so lets look at this "Believable fashion" what's believable about 7 rivals teaming up out of nowhere? Nothing!!! B. "give the rookies spotlight so no one forgets them" are you now forgetting that you've spent this whole time calling the rookies expendable and stating they'll be back to FCW soon? What's the point in remembering them? Oh and no one's going too because they're not interesting. C. yeah nothing like gang attacks that will lead to lacklustre squashes against everyone minus Barrett, great television.

Question, are you talking about the same invasion that was absolutely terribly booked, and was ruined by it?
Yes and you're calling the people who've been booking RAW for years "competent" nothing screams competency like 2 3/4 hours of idiocy and 15 minutes of beatdown. Yeah real competent.

Yes. Bryan looked better. He then proceeded to lose every other match after that when his opponent landed a high impact move. Plans change, and Bryna Danielson is not good enough to make or break this angle.

And most of Bryan's opponets had been actual stars. He fought Khali, he got choke slammed by the Big Show, he fought Regal. Save for some screwy matches with the other NXT guys he at least got seen in the ring with actual WWE stars. Danielson is good enough to make the angle, however the angle shouldn't have been made. Although this angle has ruined Danielson's push, so it must be a success amirite?

So did Danielson. Who then got destroyed afterwards.
And at what point in Barrett's match did he almost have Cena tapping? And actually by having Batista crush Bryan afterwards it implied Batista was actually worried he'd have lost.

Ignoring the fact that's what would have happened anyway, and that being part of a major angle where they can be carried by Barrett's charisma gives them easy exposure, I'd say that the're better off as Barrett's band of peons than going straight back to FCW.
And I'd say if they'd been given two months to develop some level of character the angle would be a lot more enjoyable.

I was actually talking about his pro's viginette. Where every one of them was positive, including Regal saying that he's got everything aestetically and physically that a person could want.
Well as you can see it was quite memorable :rolleyes:

And that ability is a DAMN important one. Name one consistent main eventer that couldn't cut a good promo. Benoit doesn't count, because he was never a consistent main eventer.
Brock Lesnar and Goldberg spring to mind.

So has Sheamus. And Randy Orton. And HHH. And Every other fucking Main eventer in the company. Your point?
When's Sheamus lost a 1 on 1 with Cena? And also each of those guys has beaten Cena clean. By the time Orton and Cena faced off both were established, same with HHH. Sheamus was the only one who wasn't and because of that it took a fairly long time after he actually became champion to get a solid reaction and he had the backing of HHH.

He's got a fucking army behind him. You don't think he can cheat to win like a heel?
Sure, but how's it any different than if he'd done it without them?

Except when he won NXT. And beat both of his other competitors in the same night.
Ahh yes he beat Otunga who Cena squashed in about a minute and Evan Bourne 2.0.

Because A them getitng trashed would happen anyway and B they have more chance of making it after the angle, than they did before it started. And how is it any better if 2 people got the rub anyway?
If the angle had been built properly instead of being slapped together to salvage the terrible show that preceded it, the chances of some guys having success would've been higher. With 2 semi-built guys involved it would've been more believable that they were a threat. Now they've got 6 guys who will be left to the role of "interchangeable flunky 1-6" With Bryan involved the angle had more room. E.g.

They could split the group in 2 one side lead by Bryan, one by Barrett. And they could've gone multiple ways with that. They could've had 2 factions one for Smackdown, one for Raw both heels or a face team vs heel team. I'm not sure if thinking outside the box is a foreign concept to you but there's a lot of creative option they don't have now that Bryan's gone.

No. His push will sustain itself because He's capable of working a crowd and wrestling as well as he needs to.
And the need of the faction? non-existent. Because if he has all the skills there's no need for a group.

There's a difference between two people with the same heal.face allignment doing the exact same thing? Really? I could have sworn their actions were equally cowardly.
Yes there is, you think it's odd that Sheamus is already main event level when he went over his opponents cleanly whilst Drew McIntyre went the standard cheat to win route and is far less over? Of course not. In the same sense why do you think more people consider Jericho a genuine threat then they do the Miz? Jericho cheats often but he's a credibly combatant against a guy like Cena, Miz isn't. Why? Because he built a credible background before he challenged the top dogs.

And that matters how exactly? other than to increase the power of the slap in the face the turn caused.
Because it reminds the audience that even though this guy is a heel now he could still go toe-to-toe with the faces and that makes the outcome of the match in his favour more believable.

that makes it even worse for him. He WAS able to do this without help before, but now he needs to cheat to win. That's fucking ruined his credability from how you're treating the rookies.
No, it hasn't. Clean win over a face implies that when push comes to shove he'll win. His choice to cheat just means he wants to ensure his victory. By comparison guy's who haven't proven they can win on their own, give off the message that they can't win on their own and so they aren't legit threats.

Barrett actually did a better job in his first match agianst Cena than Punk did.
CM Punk's first match against Cena occurred around the time Punk was being jobbed out to everyone for questioning company policy.

why do they need to have. They're A barrett's supporting players B pack animals and C HAVE BEEN OFF NXT FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS.
Which proves my point that the angle was slapped together and poorly thought out,

Funny how the same tactics have been used for YEARS by every other faction without complaints over repetitiveness.
Right, so when Randy Orton pinned Benoit for the WHC he cheated? Didn't seem like it to me. The difference is that these factions in the past had established stars. the nWo cheated but everyone new Hogan could take on anyone.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the New Blood but allow to help you, the New Blood was packed with minions and a handful of guys meant to get pushed. But because these guys had no build and were targeting established stars no one took them as a serious threat. Just like I don't take the NXT Blood as a serious threat either, because nothing about them says they can run with the established stars. And that's not just Main Eventers, I'd be hard pressed to believe any of these guys could take on Morrison or MVP or Truth.

Ask Benoit how easy it is gettiing over with skills but no charisma.
Instead I will ask Golberg who had 5 moves, no mic skills and the right look. Now I will ask Taz who had very little charisma but was a great in ring performer? Apparently it's easier to get over when you're pushed logically no matter what. And Bryan has far more personality than Benoit ever did. Go watch his promo against Samoa Joe from ROH when he tells Joe he should be picking coconuts from a tree, it was a better heel promo then anything the WWE's done that didn't involve Jericho or Punk.

you guess right. But Charisma > Wrestling ability. Always has, always will.
Bret Hart begs to differ, so does early Kurt Angle and Taz.

as opposed to 2 guys who can go and the same 6 jobbers. Huge difference there.
Refer to thinking outside the box and how the angle had much more creative options with 2 credible stars.

what would they have done with Bryan there? become magically awesome?
And again learn to think beyond the blindingly obvious.

as opposed to early NXT bieng the danielson show, which Barrett stole every time he got on the mic.
And once again more proof that the NXT Blood was hastly thrown together when originally Bryan was supposed to break in as a mid-card face against the Miz.

Not really. considering that their stock in a big angle > their stock in FCW.
Doesn't make their roles any less pointless. Again you obviously can't see past this angle being used for anything other than pushing Barrett. And it's that one-dimensional thinking that makes angles so much more boring these days, there are so many ways this angle could've gone with Bryan still involved now that he's gone a lot of options are dead.

PS: Nice job dropping negative rep just because we have differing opinions. I'm not as petty as you so I won't do it back, but seriously grow up.

And I seem to remember his "I'll be back" speech getting no reaction at all.

It's a good job that I wasn't going by that then. And I agree. Gabriel can't talk for toffee.

Yes and those same people are the reason no one outside the Main Event these days has any character or interest to them.

I'll let you in on a secret. Midcarders have characters too. Unless Miz, R-Truth, Christian, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, the Dudebusters and Chris Jericho became main eventers since the last time I checked.

And you're right Danielson was a midcarder and he should've been involved in his feud with Miz and Cole instead someone slapped together this angle with all the NXT guys suddenly being friends in spite of them hating each other previously.

Nothing unites like a common enemy. ANd Danielson has more reason to hate WWE management than anybody.

Bryan's gone and the Miz is back in the US title scene when the original reason he lost it was so the could initiate the grudge-feud with Bryan.

Or, alternatively WWE had/has plans for R-Truth.

Slapped together booking if ever there was.

Not really. This angle is being considered as one of the best in recent years. This would end up being better for Danielson than a feud with Miz and a career in the midcard.

The alternative was to not make the faction.

sending the other 6 to FCW, Bryan to the midcard, and Barrett to the uppermidcard after a feud with Cena.

However with Bryan involved they at least had a chance of looking like a genuine faction were each member is a threat instead of 1 guy and his minions.

Bull... Shit. How exactly does the addition of Danielson make every member look more threatening?

Yes the faction would look stronger because you would have had 2 members who were ready to go,

And considering that Danielson would be in the background like every other member for the beginning of the angle, that's irrelevent.

however the faction now isn't a faction.

Really? I could have sworn it was.

It's 1 guy with minions.

so was the ministry. Was that a faction?

A faction is supposed to have multiple members who could win.

And they can win. It doesn't have to be clean because they're fucking bangbanging heels ffs.

Look at all the factions throughout history, the horsemen, the original nWo, DX, the MEM, Evolution, each member was legit, aside from Barrett who in this "faction" is legit?

And which of those factions were being used to establish largely unknown tallent? The Horsemen wer Legit pre-horsemen. As were nWo, the MEM and Evolution. The only relavent comparason you made was Evolution, and even then it fails because Randy and Batista were midcarders made ME ready. The rookies are unknown guys getting over by this angle. You're making invalid comparasons.

None of them so the "faction" fails because it's just going to be Barrett challenging for the World Title (prematurely) and the others sit there doing nothing.

See: invalid comparasons. The point of this angle as it seems to me is to A establish Barrett as a Upper midcarder/MEer and B get the rookies over. Seems to be doing a pretty good job if it too.

No I don't, that's why it's a bad angle.

How is it a bad angle? It has produced two of the best endings to Raw in recent memory in quick succession, with logical booking and a huge suprise to kick it off. How is this bad. You've got an angle effectively getting 7 guys over as a threat (albeit as a pack. singles credibility comes later)

A month or two of these guys wrestling on the two shows, with subtle elements of a possible alliance would've made it more interesting,

Question, would Hulk Hogan's shock alliance with the outsiders have been more interesting if it had been hinted for months? The start of the angle was a shock, which generated a ton of interest in the angle. Logical show to show booking will take that interest, maintain it and build upon it. Another question, would you think the angle would be more interesting with Danielson in attendence?

instead a group of guys who hated eachother are suddenly aligned and in that shitty situation you at least had 2 guys with some amount of build, now you have 1, therefore pointless faction.

A pointless faction that will get them all over as heels, before starting their midcard singles careers; with the exception of Barrett, who WILL main event.

Ok so lets look at this "Believable fashion" what's believable about 7 rivals teaming up out of nowhere? Nothing!!!

What's believable about Communist hating Nazi Germany alligning itself with the USSR? Nothing!!! and yet it happened, for the (initial) benefit of both parties. The rookies have been treated like shit by WWE management. They aren't strong enough to go against it individually, so they band together against their common foe. Also, when was it shown that they hated eachother? They might not have gotten along, but do you get along with all of your coworkers?

B. "give the rookies spotlight so no one forgets them" are you now forgetting that you've spent this whole time calling the rookies expendable and stating they'll be back to FCW soon?

No. But It's A what everybody thought was going to happen to them and B what would have happened to them without this angle.

What's the point in remembering them? Oh and no one's going too because they're not interesting.

Because they're actually quite good, and they'll fucking remember them now because of this angle. Win-win for everybody. The rookies get over, the fans get to enjoy this great angle.

C. yeah nothing like gang attacks that will lead to lacklustre squashes against everyone minus Barrett, great television.

Or, ya know they can avoid singles matches and when forced into them get the gang involved. Which avoids the whole credability crushing squashes. Or they could put them in the ring against people who they couls credably beat. Or not book them in squashes. All are possible, doable and forseeable. Unless you're searching for ways for the angle to fail. Which you are. Sit back, stop bitching and enjoy the ride.

Yes and you're calling the people who've been booking RAW for years "competent" nothing screams competency like 2 3/4 hours of idiocy and 15 minutes of beatdown. Yeah real competent.

And has Raw gotten high ratings, the PPVs got decent buyrates, and has the angle gotten massively over? Yes. Where is the incompetance here?

Also, what do you think of as competant booking?

And most of Bryan's opponets had been actual stars. He fought Khali, he got choke slammed by the Big Show, he fought Regal.

And he did great against all of them. Until they hit him. Hit match against Regal was great. It was all danielson. Until Regal hit a northern lights suplez and kneed him in the head. Same with Danielson Khali. Danielson was choking him out, until he had to release the hold and Khali hit his finisher.

Save for some screwy matches with the other NXT guys he at least got seen in the ring with actual WWE stars.

so did most of the uper tier NXT guys.

Danielson is good enough to make the angle,

He is not good enough to make or break this angle.

however the angle shouldn't have been made. Although this angle has ruined Danielson's push, so it must be a success amirite?

No it hasn't. Danielson's release did that. And he got released for legit strangling someone with a tie. And as for his face push? Wouldn't that have happened anyway after he turned on the group that's been terrorising raw for months, beating up people and stealing the show? Possibly with him getting more over as a face because of it?

And at what point in Barrett's match did he almost have Cena tapping?

At what point in Bryan's match did he have nearfalls? Barrett isn't a submisisons guy, Bryan is. Irrelevent comparasons.

And actually by having Batista crush Bryan afterwards it implied Batista was actually worried he'd have lost.

Or Batista was angry (possibly because of Bryan) and decided to take it out on Bryan. But the effect is the same.

And I'd say if they'd been given two months to develop some level of character the angle would be a lot more enjoyable.

Or alternatively do the angle, and let them develop characters when people will be paying attention to them, while Barrett carrys their asses on the mic.

Well as you can see it was quite memorable :rolleyes:

lol, granted.

Brock Lesnar and Goldberg spring to mind.

Granted here as well, though Lesnar was helped by Heyman to get over, and all Goldberg had to do was scream 'YOU'RE NEXT' and squash somebody to get over. But granted.

When's Sheamus lost a 1 on 1 with Cena?

Meh, I was assuming he had. I only started following raw in detail after the NXT angle started.

And also each of those guys has beaten Cena clean.

A lucky push through a table is a credible, clean win?

By the time Orton and Cena faced off both were established, same with HHH.

And by the end of the angle, Barrett at the very least will be established.

Sheamus was the only one who wasn't and because of that it took a fairly long time after he actually became champion to get a solid reaction and he had the backing of HHH.

And Barrett isn't capable of getting established by working a programme with a main eventer?

Sure, but how's it any different than if he'd done it without them?

For one thing, it does kind of give him an out in why he's unable to beat people on his level, but is suddenly able to beat ME guys. For another Heels aren't fucking supposed to win clean. That's the face's job. Gang interference is as effective as it is old.

Ahh yes he beat Otunga who Cena squashed in about a minute and Evan Bourne 2.0.

Coincidentally, who did Evan Bourne 1.0 beat this week?

If the angle had been built properly instead of being slapped together to salvage the terrible show that preceded it, the chances of some guys having success would've been higher.

Except that it wasn't something that had been tought of 5 minutes before the show. Not least because it'd take some time to get the N armbands made and shipped. Shock booking gave the angle a headstart, episodic booking will take it too the end of its run, where everybody involved will have benefitted from it.

With 2 semi-built guys involved it would've been more believable that they were a threat.

Or the fact that they outnumber whoever they attack would make them believable as a threat. Much like how a gang of thugs could take down Brock Lesnar with a combined attack, despite the fact that he'd crush them 1 on 1.

Now they've got 6 guys who will be left to the role of "interchangeable flunky 1-6"

the same 6 interchangable flunkies that would have existed with Bryan?

With Bryan involved the angle had more room. E.g.

They could split the group in 2 one side lead by Bryan, one by Barrett.

That wouldn't have happened until well into the angle. And it's still somethong that could happen. When Danielson comes back, he WILL be involved with the NXT invasion.

And they could've gone multiple ways with that.

Yes they could. All of which wouldn't have happened until the angle was well established, with months of the peons doing nothing spectacular.

They could've had 2 factions one for Smackdown, one for Raw both heels

Making the gang less credible. Which is more believable 7/8 low tier guys taking on John Cena, or 4 guys taking him on? I'm pretty sure Cena's overcome greater then 4 on 1 odds. Also, 2 stables doing the exact same things gets old fast.

or a face team vs heel team.

Which wouldn't be a good thing to do until after the angle is well established as a big threatening gang of heels.

I'm not sure if thinking outside the box is a foreign concept to you but there's a lot of creative option they don't have now that Bryan's gone.

Yes, once they decided to split the gang up. Which would not be a good choice at this juncture.

And the need of the faction? non-existent. Because if he has all the skills there's no need for a group.

Flair also didn't need his horsemen. And yet, he had 'em despite having all the tools.

Yes there is, you think it's odd that Sheamus is already main event level when he went over his opponents cleanly whilst Drew McIntyre went the standard cheat to win route and is far less over?

Drew should be far more over than he is. No idea why he isn't.

Of course not. In the same sense why do you think more people consider Jericho a genuine threat then they do the Miz? Jericho cheats often but he's a credibly combatant against a guy like Cena, Miz isn't.

And Barrett will become established through this angle, just like Danielson would have to the WWE audience.

Why? Because he built a credible background before he challenged the top dogs.

And this is a well booked (so far) express route to the top.

Because it reminds the audience that even though this guy is a heel now he could still go toe-to-toe with the faces and that makes the outcome of the match in his favour more believable.

But when you consider that Barrett's wins over MErs will be tainted at best for the forseeable future, and he can pick up dominating wins over lower tier tallent, he can gain credability throughout the angle.

No, it hasn't. Clean win over a face implies that when push comes to shove he'll win.

and when he tends to lose without them? and how he couldn't get one over on Rey Mysterio without them? that counts as him winning when push comes to shove, does it?

His choice to cheat just means he wants to ensure his victory.

Except that he can't seen to win without cheating.

By comparison guy's who haven't proven they can win on their own, give off the message that they can't win on their own and so they aren't legit threats.

Coincidentally, messages heels should be giving off.

CM Punk's first match against Cena occurred around the time Punk was being jobbed out to everyone for questioning company policy.

Every wrestling news site toher than wrestlezone cofirmed that report was bullshit.

Which proves my point that the angle was slapped together and poorly thought out.

No it doesn't. It is proof that the NXT rookies are boing put in a big, hot angle while there's still residual traces of them in the fans' memories. That is sensible. You don't hotshot guys that the audience doesn't know into high profile angles like this one.

Right, so when Randy Orton pinned Benoit for the WHC he cheated? Didn't seem like it to me.

What happened the next week? He got beatdown gang style and spend the rest of his career trying to recover from how badly his face run was booked.

The difference is that these factions in the past had established stars. the nWo cheated but everyone new Hogan could take on anyone.

The difference here is that these guys will get established through the angle. If for no other reason than they are providing top notch television.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the New Blood

not at all. I seem to remember WCW thinking they were going to get cheered over guys like Sting and DDP though. WWE doesn't seem to be that delusional with this angle.

but allow to help you, the New Blood was packed with minions and a handful of guys meant to get pushed. But because these guys had no build and were targeting established stars no one took them as a serious threat.

Good job that WWE is building the gang as a threat via competant booking then. The fact is that they are being treated in kayfabe as a legit threat, to the point where it is thought of as sensible to get the entire locker room involved to deal with them.

Just like I don't take the NXT Blood as a serious threat either, because nothing about them says they can run with the established stars.

Individually, you'd be right. But as a group, they sure as hell can run with main eventers. If by virtue of attacking them then the've got the numbers edge. Also, strinking when they've got an advantage is heel psychology 101. See Edge cashing in his MitB on Cena after an elimination chamber.

And that's not just Main Eventers, I'd be hard pressed to believe any of these guys could take on Morrison or MVP or Truth.

Fair enough.

Instead I will ask Golberg who had 5 moves, no mic skills and the right look. Now I will ask Taz who had very little charisma but was a great in ring performer?

Outside of the little leagues of ECW, where was Taz a main eventer? In WWE he got exactly nowhere. I've already given you Goldberg.

Apparently it's easier to get over when you're pushed logically no matter what.

It's also easier to get over if you can connect to the crowd. Which Goldberc certainly could. Somehow.

And Bryan has far more personality than Benoit ever did. Go watch his promo against Samoa Joe from ROH when he tells Joe he should be picking coconuts from a tree, it was a better heel promo then anything the WWE's done that didn't involve Jericho or Punk.

I've watched his promo about ECW sleaze. Bored me to tears.

Bret Hart begs to differ, so does early Kurt Angle and Taz.

Taz wasn't over outside of ECW. Kurt Angle has mic skills (and did for as long as I can remember). Bret is one of those rare exceptions to charisma > wrestling skills.

Refer to thinking outside the box and how the angle had much more creative options with 2 credible stars.

refer to not looking for problems and reasons to dislike the angle.

And again learn to think beyond the blindingly obvious.

As soon as you realise that with or without Danielson this is a good angle that would consist of Barrett (and Danielson) and 6 peons. Doesn't matter how you arrange them, but the point is the same. Right now the one big band of rookies is the best arrangement for them.

And once again more proof that the NXT Blood was hastly thrown together when originally Bryan was supposed to break in as a mid-card face against the Miz.

First off, plans change. Second off, I seriously doubt that the NXT Blood was simply thrown together. They may have gone for the whole 'ZOMG SHOCK' beginnig to the angle (which was a very successful beginning to it), but it seems to me that they've planned its course well ahead of time, with the only change to their plans arising from Danielson getting fired. Which wouldn't have changed much this week anyway.

Doesn't make their roles any less pointless. Again you obviously can't see past this angle being used for anything other than pushing Barrett.

Because that is what it's being used for, and what it would be used for with Bryan (with hiom getting the added rub). The rest of the rookies getting over off it is an added bonus.

And it's that one-dimensional thinking that makes angles so much more boring these days, there are so many ways this angle could've gone with Bryan still involved now that he's gone a lot of options are dead.

He'll be back in time for the ending of it. Not to mention that another rookie could lead a breakoff faction. Danielson, wile immensely good in the ring is not indispencible.

PS: Nice job dropping negative rep just because we have differing opinions. I'm not as petty as you so I won't do it back, but seriously grow up.

I didn't drop negative rep because we disagree. I dropped negative rep because I thought you expressed your opinion in a way that annoyed me and made me think less of your inlelligence. Your post also made you look like you were looking for reasons to dislike the angle. It wasn't about your opinion, it was about your expression of it.

Ok didn't Cena choke Orton in their I quit match with his handcuffs while applying the STF!!!
This better be a work and better lead up to a battle between Cena and Bryan at the next WM or I'm gonna really be pissed!!!

This was put on the WWE Universe Facebook page at about 11:45 am today....

"It's been the hottest topic for the WWE Universe in recent memory, so let's talk about it. Here's your LIKE/DISLIKE of the Day: "WWE should re-sign NXT Season 1 Rookie Daniel Bryan."
(Click LIKE to agree, or click COMMENT to tell us why you disagree.)"

Seems interesting...

I am very shocked by this. I along with some of the above posters really am hoping that this is just part of the storyline that they are continuing to use. He had a bunch of credentials, coming into the WWE. No doubt in my mind, will he go back to ROH, if this whole firing thing really is the case. But, like WWE is known to do, I bet that they are throwing a swerve at us.

I noticed Reddannihilation talkin about Early Kurt Angle having no charisma. While I dunno what period he's referring to, Kurt Angle BLED charisma for most of his run in the WWE. Very entertaining person on the mic, and he was a great wrestler (only one to win gold, so it's an unarguable fact).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back