Who in ROH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriedEggSandwich

Dark Match Winner
Has the brightest future? You gotta look at skills and obviously who you think WWE want wanna snatch up, and that man is Davey Richards! Im not trying to be cliche as The ROH Board is on Davey's sack now as they were for Tyler this time last year, and now seemingly dont like Tyler as much lol, that's The ROH Board for ya TRENDY. But Davey is balls to the wall, athletic, strong, fast and young. Not to mention he can kick your fn head off :) Davey vs KENTA from SCOH 3 this year was nothing short of a classic and still my ROH MOTY. Hopefully being as short as he is, I believe Davey is no taller then 5'7, Ive walked by him and he is shorter then me and im only about 5'7 but he walks with a slouch, and this of course does not typically attract The all mighty E, and honestly I hope it never does. ROH now has a solid-great nucleus of DR/TB/AA/RS and personal favorites of mine like El Generico and The Briscoes, MAN UP! I think their just fine but THIS TIME they really cant afford to lose anymore high profile talent like they have been able to do with losing Dragon and Nigel. I forgot to mention Double C and Chris Hero in that all important ROH nucleus. But DR is the man of Final Battle 2009 and 2010/2011 for me.

I'll agree with you, Davey has climbed into the upper eschelon of ROH superstars. He has tremendous in ring ability, but so does Tyler Black, but what seperates the two is Davey is tremendous on the mic and just as an overall heel. He is such a dick, that is what makes him great and not just better than average. If Black wants to ever sniff the title he is going to have to get people to care about him, he just can't 'look' like he should be next world champ.
A lesser known guy that I think can be good is Kenny Omega. I think he has the potential to be good, I want to see how they use him. Also Kenny King, who has the athleticism and look, and while his mic skills are better than Blacks, he still needs some work. I think the diference between King and Black on the mic is confidence. Tyler has all the confidence in the world in the ring but when he has to speak that confidence slip slides away. King is confident he just doesn't have anything revelant to say.

Omega is the man but King does def have some work to do. If it was up to me Roderick Strong would finally win the ROH World Title next then it would be Davey Richards, Roddy deserves that damn belt! Bad mic skills or not. I would also like to see a bit more of SHIMMER as they dont do it half as much as they did before Sara Del Rey joined S&S.

I'm loving the names thrown out there so far. Of course, CFH, ya know I love me some Kenny Omega. This guy has tremendous talent, with a comdeic edge. He just hasn't had the opportunity to work any high profile matches in ROH to this point. I'm anxious to see what he can do once he's given the chance.

Davey Richards is another great pick. He is as intense as they come when he's in the ring. He kinda reminds me of Chris Benoit with his buid, ring work and intensity. Davey also has some kick ass mic skills that haven't really been showcased until recently. Let's remember, Davey's no newcomer- he's an ROH veteran- and we have just recently been able to see him put the entire package together. He does have a bright future with the company.

With all the great names in ROH, I still think Tyler Black is the star that will shine brightest. I know, I know- his mic skills are really weak. It's painfully obvious that he needs to improve a great deal on the mic before he can be considered a well rounded talent. However, when that day comes- and it will- the WWE will be all over him. He's 23 years old and is already a main event guy on in ring skill alone. There's no denying that his work in the ring is exciting, innovating and pretty damn solid.

I can dig you saying Tyler Black and for all the right reasons your saying. I dont care about mic skills much because as long as they get their point across and get it done in the ring I dont give a damn. I remember being in line for All Star Extravaganza 4 and some dumbass saying "Tyler reminds me of a Wrestler that's gonna die young" Me and a wrestling friend looked at each other and were just perplexed with how dumb and warped in the head that dweeb was. Just a weird tidbit for ya there. Ive never been disappointed in Tyler Black, it's the marks who where on his jock for a while that annoyed me and had me start to not want Tyler as the next ROH Champ and now Davey is their choice of jock to be stuck on, it's someone new every other 4-6 months with some ROH Marks. Alot of them need to realize their just Fans and that's it.

I can dig you saying Tyler Black and for all the right reasons your saying. I dont care about mic skills much because as long as they get their point across and get it done in the ring I dont give a damn. I remember being in line for All Star Extravaganza 4 and some dumbass saying "Tyler reminds me of a Wrestler that's gonna die young" Me and a wrestling friend looked at each other and were just perplexed with how dumb and warped in the head that dweeb was. Just a weird tidbit for ya there.

I feel like I should respond to this, however, I'm not sure what can be said. That is one of the dumbest statements ever made. It doesn't even make sense. Anyway....

Ive never been disappointed in Tyler Black, it's the marks who where on his jock for a while that annoyed me and had me start to not want Tyler as the next ROH Champ and now Davey is their choice of jock to be stuck on, it's someone new every other 4-6 months with some ROH Marks. Alot of them need to realize their just Fans and that's it.

The Tyler Black thing reminds me of what Chris Hero went through a while back. ROH didn't belt these guys at the height of their popularity, so fans get restless and move on to the next thing. It always shocks me at the way some fans respond. ROH has never belted a guy simply because he's popular. The company always has a plan and prefers lengthy title reigns. This isn't a new concept for them, so it always makes me chuckle when people go bananas about "the next world champ".

With that being said, Davey Richards has always been supported by the ROH fans, it's just wild to see that their interest has been peaked during tag team success. The American Wolves are one of the hottest tag teams in the business and Davey has done a great job mentoring Eddie Edwards. You can definately see the influence he has had over Edwards when he is in the ring. This is the hottest Richards has ever been, and honestly, I think it would hurt his career in the long run to return him to single's action prematurely. The American Wolves still have alot of life left in them, so the campaign for Davey Richards as "next world champ" is going to have to be put on hold.

I have two picks of who I would like to see succeed.

Chris Hero is one for sure. He definately has a bright future and would be right at home in one of the greater promotions.

Sara Del Rey is the other. She is a magnificent female wrestler who is always great with the fans, which would be a welcome change to what we're used to.

I think that Kenny King and Rhett Titus have bright futures ahead of them in and outside of ROH, when Austin Aries does decide to pass the torch. I mean, if the ROH Pure title were still active, I bet you that one of those two would have the title around their waste.

I honestly see Chris Hero being big in WWE or TNA sooner or later.

He has great charisma and good wrestling skills. I don't know why either have not picked him up yet. I really like his cocky style. I would like to see a ROH World Title run. I don't really see too many guys making it big in the other companies. Well at least not at this point in their careers.

Oh well, besides Bobby Dempsey. NEXT WWE CHAMP

As soon as I hit reply, and that posted, a thought came to my head, but didn't feel like editing the post...

The thought that came to my head was, out of the singles division, everyone's pretty much been listed. But, what about the tag teams?

The American Wolves are undoutebly a terrific tag team in ROH, and they have a great list of moves in their back pocket.

The Briscoes, obviously the Stone Cold tag team of tomorrow... mixed with highflying abilities.

And most importantly, The Dark City Fight Club. A powerful tag team that could make for a great rivalry against Kozlov & Jackson on ECW.

Davey's definitely starting to shine. I always thought he was talented, but he was just sort of "there" until the American Wolves. I can't wait for him to break away from the pack and become a headliner in the company. Kenny King is definitely a stand out as well. Like Richards, he most definitely outshines his tag counterpart. He's agile, charismatic, and easy to hate. I hope he headlines someday.

If we're talking about potential WWE steal aways, I'm surprised Bison Smith hasn't been yanked off of the indy scene. Not because he's overly talented, although I do consider him a remarkable big man, but because he definitely has the look the WWE would be looking for. I'd put him and Erick Stevens in the same boat as far as likelihood of being snatched off of the roster. I have no idea why Claudio continues to be elusive either. The man's stacked, he's talented, and he's charismatic. Why he hasn't been a world champion somewhere yet is far beyond me.

A big problem is that if I made my own personal list of the top 10 guys in ROH about 8 of them would be heels and there is a heel champion so anyone other than Austin Aries isn't going to get a chance to shine.

The most common names thrown out are Davey Richards and Chris Hero and neither makes a good face. Roderick Strong is as good as it gets but just lacks the star power to ever be a champion in the eyes of the fans. He's improved every single year for half a decade but he still hasn't won the big one.

It would take an act of God to get Tyler to be a superstar in ROH now. They reaaally missed the boat with him. He was the hottest act in the company at Final Battle 08 and come Final Battle 09 he was getting booed out of the building (granted NY are harsher than most markets, but still).

However Tyler will get the golden boy push regardless because simply put there isn't another Face on their pay roll who has a greater star presence. Kenny Omega may be more charismatic and better in the ring but I just have a feeling they won't reward his personality with long-term success. He's funny and the fans like him but he'll only go so far (just like Colt Cabana).

So due to a lack of better candidates, Tyler will be pushed to the moon. I think if he changed his attitude back to that of the arrogant youngster who won't back down in the face of a more experienced opponent he could get over again, but at present he's doing the superman routine and mugging to the fans every chance he gets.

But just for the sake of argument and difference, I'll say El Generico could shock some people before 2010's done with his solo work, and if a Kenny King (and possibly Rhett Titus with him) face turn was done correctly he could be huge. He and Aries have been miscommunicating and he's a judge in the upcoming title match so he could easily vote Aries' way and then demand some kind of reciprocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back