The Best & Worst of ROH in 2010

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
This year, ROH grew alot as a company. Their iPPV business has been a success so far and the production has been improving. They also gained more recognition this year with their big feuds and fantastic matches, such as Davey Richards Vs. Tyler Black at Death Before Dishonor VIII. ROH also gave birth to a new TV championship this year, establishing wrestlers like Eddie Edwards as a future main eventer.

But they also had their bad moments this year, especially with the departures. We saw big ROH names such as Austin Aries, Tyler Black, and Kevin Steen leave the company. There was also changes had happened backstage such as Adam Pierce getting released with Delirious taking his place as Booker and HDNet cutting out the ROH shows from YouTube.

All in all, 2010 was good year for ROH. Maybe not their best, but one of the best growth-wise.

My question to you is did you enjoy ROH this year, the high and lows, and what would you like to see next year from Ring Of Honor?

It was indeed a rollercoaster of the year. Double A being released shocked me, seeing as he is the only two time ROH world champ ( and one of my top ten fav wrestlers). Delirious now being both head trainer and booker, kinda worries me, hope he can handle it and business wont suffer from it. The Kings reigned supreme and are set to become the longest reigning tag champs ( yeah). And seeing Daniels and Homicide come back cheers me up a little to make up for all those who left.

All in all ROH is still doing good.

2010 was definitely an interesting year for ROH, marking a shift in the main event scene and big changes all around the company. With guys who were on top of ROH for years like Danielson and Nigel departing they had no choice but to elevate guys who had been on the verge of breaking into the main event for several years (Roderick Strong, Tyler Black) as well as guys like Davey Richards and Kevin Steen, who many thought would take alot longer to break into the main event (if ever in Steen's case, but boy has he proven the doubter's wrong).

It was a pretty awesome year match-wise, though that's really par for the course with ROH isn't it? Several match of the year candidates and my pick for the feud of the year in El Generico vs. Kevin Steen, but it did kind of feel like something was missing this year...the shows just didn't seem to have quite the same spark as they used to. It doesn't help that they continue to employ people like Grizzly Redwood and the Embassy. Now with Tyler Black gone it's only a matter of time before Davey Richards wins the world title and becomes the next company-man like Black and Danielson before him. And he damn well deserves it too for all the shit he puts his body through for the fans around the world. It'll probably be a few months as Davey has strong commitments to New Japan in the coming months, but I guess by the time Death Before Dishonor rolls around, Davey will be the ROH World Champion.

2011 looks to be a good year. Delirious has been a pretty good booker thus far and with the return of guys like Christopher Daniels and Homicide, that brings alot of legitimacy back to the company after so many big talent losses over the last year and a half. Also look for Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas to work alot more dates for ROH, if they decide to make it a regular thing I can see them getting the tag titles eventually as well. I'm drooling just thinking about those two facing the American Wolves.

Another good year for ROH, if a bit underwhelming. Their iPPV buy-numbers have increased steadily with each show, and there are reports out there now that Final Battle likely was bought by more people than TNA's last PPV, so I can only see the company growing over the next year as long as they continue to develop talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back