• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Cold Blooded" Matt Hardy?

Matt Hardy is just bad he doesnt convince me on the mic or in the ring that he is talented at either , the hardys got over from being high flyers and risk takers which is way jeff is still getting over and matt isnt i find them both to be horrible on the mic they cant brood like a sting or a raven or a jake the snake they just dont have it in my opinion i hope TNA doesnt push him any further if anything regulate him to the tv title or x division matches but keep him outta main events and off the mic dude is a serious ratings killer i love tna but he makes me wanna change the channel everytime i see him

One of the most over wrestlers in the industry!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Please dude, Sharkboy was more over than Matt when he was with the WWE in his last run. You all keep coming in here telling us that OMFGORZ MATT HARDYZ TEH BEST!!!1!!@ But really what made him so original? What made him so over? Because Jeff and him had a promotion before WWE? Because they jumped off a few ladders before they got big?

Lets get this straight Hardy marks, The Dudly boys and E&C were in the matches with them that "boosted" them into the spotlight. It wasn't just the ?Hardy boys doing spots, it was all six men. But do you ever really remember that? Not past putting their names in a all Hardy dream match card.

How is sporting a shitty attitude with braids any different than his past gimmicks? Did he even have a gimmick in WWE? Does Calling yourself V1 and V2 and sporting Mattitude gear counts as a gimmick.

So riddle me this Hardy fans, what actually makes him so over. His charisma? His work ethic? Or whatever else. Because All I'm seeing from this gimmick is a pissed off ex WWE employee that’s STILL in his brothers shadow.

I respect you Uncle Phatso, we're E-Fed brothers, but I'm calling you out on this.

First off Shark Boy is the man, leave him out of this.

Second, The Hardy's didn't just get over because of those matches. It was 90% how they originally got over but they didn't stay over for as long as they did because of those matches. They stayed over because they were an innovative tag team, they had a different look and feel from every other tag team, and they did things in the ring we hadn't seen in WWF.

I'm not a blind Hardy mark but you cannot deny how well he performed and how massively over he was during the Edge/Lita feud. That shows that he has the ability to work on a main event level and succeed, he just hasn't since.

Now you say he's never had a gimmick? That doesn't make sense. His gimmick was "I will never die". Simple as that, he's going to give you everything he has and you might beat him but he'll keep getting up and coming back for more. How is that not a gimmick? A headstrong blue collar guy that gives it his all and never less. And his Mattitude gimmick was that of a delusional man who thought he was the biggest thing on Earth. It was funny, it worked, it was a gimmick.

What got Hardy over specifically is his hard work and his charisma (which he can have). Pre his WWE departure most WWE fans wanted him to succeed because he had been there for so long, worked very hard every time he came out, and was a solid wrestler. Look up to my first post and you'll see what the "Cold Blood" gimmick will possibly be like. I think it could work, look at all the heat has from half of the IWC, if he can garner that kind of heat from the TNA crowd than this could be successful.

Matt Hardy claims that he lives in a million dollar house and could retire now if he desired to. Matt, do us all a favor and go away. You suck. It's time to get that whiny, brat-looking face off of the tube. You're not even 40; still you walk around with the body of a gym wrestler to where your own peers are "snickering" at you? "Cold Blooded"? You are cold blooded for subjecting us to your crap with no remorse!

One of the most over wrestlers in the industry!!:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Please dude, Sharkboy was more over than Matt when he was with the WWE in his last run. You all keep coming in here telling us that OMFGORZ MATT HARDYZ TEH BEST!!!1!!@ But really what made him so original? What made him so over? Because Jeff and him had a promotion before WWE? Because they jumped off a few ladders before they got big?

Lets get this straight Hardy marks, The Dudly boys and E&C were in the matches with them that "boosted" them into the spotlight. It wasn't just the ?Hardy boys doing spots, it was all six men. But do you ever really remember that? Not past putting their names in a all Hardy dream match card.

How is sporting a shitty attitude with braids any different than his past gimmicks? Did he even have a gimmick in WWE? Does Calling yourself V1 and V2 and sporting Mattitude gear counts as a gimmick.

So riddle me this Hardy fans, what actually makes him so over. His charisma? His work ethic? Or whatever else. Because All I'm seeing from this gimmick is a pissed off ex WWE employee that’s STILL in his brothers shadow.

Well after picking through this wonderful post. Heres what I have to say.

1. I didn't know the whole state of North Carolina had twitter

2. Big V made a shit ton of valid points in his Video, Matt hardy slung shit for however long that Gem of a video was.

3. Apparently now guys Matt Hardy is a super hero because he has more Alter Ego's then the whole D.c Universe

4. Tipical Shit slinging from a Matt Hardy fan, awww they take after their master. If my old ladie wanted to leave me for a chipped tooth, washed up, Wwe reject then let her. I won't stop her, she'll come back sooner or later.

5. Yes he did have some classic matches in his early days in the WWE, I will not deny that. But now he's turned into a 10$ wallmart Web cam youtube jockey.

6. And my valid points from a post before this come to light, Hardy marks will follow them anyware as long as they are in that company.... No matter how shit the show is.

Vintage people, just vintage thank you ST.

I am so sick and tired of all the blind Matt Hardy hate. I'm by no means a crazy Hardy fan, but I'm at least willing to give credit where credit is due and be sensible in my opinions. You claiming Shark Boy was more over then Matt Hardy proves beyond a shadow of a doubt how full of shit you are. Seriously. Matt Hardy was still getting big pops from the crowd every night upto the day he left WWE, and that was in arena's with crowds 10 times the size of anything TNA has or anything Shark Boy's ever wrestled in. That's the simple truth, stop being an idiot.

The Hardy's did help innovate tag team wrestling at the time. Whether you want to question it or not its still fact and you still look like an idiot saying otherwise.

Like it or not Matt Hardy looks like he's going to get another shot in TNA, and likely he'll get a very prominent shot. Whether he's successful with it, and the result of this chance, really isn't known yet so acting otherwise is just silly.

Here is what is going to happen to "Cold Blooded" MATTHEW Hardy, after he left WWE. The same thing that happened to Jeff when he left: The majority of people who still thought he was popular won't give a shit about him anymore.

The only difference is Jeff was a bonafide main eventer in WWE, having held both the World Heavyweight and WWE Championships in his last run there. Going to TNA he became the metaphorical big fish in a small pond. Matt, on the other hand, is a mid carder for life, so TNA is going to attempt to push him to the moon for the "Look! We did what WWE could never do! We made Matt Hardy a Champion!"

And it will blow up in their face. Just like most of what TNA does. Matt has got one thing right though: He's good at making people hate him. Look at this thread for proof of that. V-1AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

I am so sick and tired of all the blind Matt Hardy hate.

I am so tired of hearing this....

How is this "blind" Matt Hardy hate. We hate him because of the things he says, does, and acts. We hate him because he thinks he's God's gift to professional wrestling when in all actuality he's not worthy of tying the bootstraps of anyone he and his coked-out brother trash.

Once upon a time Matt Hardy WAS over. He used to be able to have the crowd eat out of the palm in his hand, I won't dispute that. During the time you mentioned, the Hardy/Edge/Lita feud, he wasn't bad at all. He showed real emotion and people pulled for him because essentially he was screwed over. This is no longer the case, infact I'm starting to see why Lita cheated on him (not condoning or defending, just understanding). People like to get behind the underdog which Hardy was, it's painfully obvious now that he's just a crybaby with a superiority complex.

And as for the "Cold Blooded" gimmick, maybe he'll prove me wrong but I don't think he'll be able to pull it off. I think he should go for something a little closer to who he really is and do a believable gimmick like "The Bow-Legged Fuck" Matt Hardy... yeah, I could see him doing that.

You like Matt Hardy, fine that's cool. I hate him and it's not I wanna see him get his ass kicked hate, it's I never want to see him anywhere ever hate. Not in the ring, not on YouTube, not walking down the street. Don't tell me my hate of him is blind, if you can't see it then you're the one who's blinded.

Matt Hardy sux plain and simple..Fatitude, Fatitude, Fatitude....Lose some weight you fat piece of crap and find someone that can teach you to wrestle oh wait nobody likes you..Sorry about your luck.

THing is, Matt Hardy could do well, really well, but he doesn't put in enough effort, he half-asses is and expects to get over e.g. his fued with Jeff, he half assed it and the fued was shit. Jeff at least tries, his Antichrist gimmick, you can see he's really trying to be a good heel. If Matt Hardy wants to get over he has to go the whole way.

I hate Matt Hardy. I hate his braids, I hate his coat, I hate his fucked up knees, I hate him in the ring, I hate him on the mic, I hate his "Mattitude", there's never been a moment in my entire life when I thought "Matt Hardy's pretty good". Fuck that guy, I didn't want him anywhere near TNA to begin with, he's a waste of time, waste of money, waste of waste.

Matt Hardy sucks. Period. He's never been a good actor, he just comes off fake and cheesy. I don't think this gimmick will work, I don't think ANY gimmick will work. I hope he gets a "gets fired because he blows boat people gimmick". He'll rule as that guy.

I stopped reading this thread after this guys post. Spot on pal. I'm right there with you. Hardy is just trying to stuff his fat self down the throats of the IWC with his youtube and twitter crap. He's just a big phony. good for him though to suck TNA into signing him. i'm sure he'll just buy more cupcakes to stuff in his fat mouth.

LOL @ Cold Blooded Matt Hardy.

Lots of people criticizing Matt for being fat, when I'm pretty sure theres been worse out of shape wrestlers. The Great Dusty Rhodes was not the most ripped and fit looking of men. But to each their own.

I do not like Matt Hardy. I HATE Triple H but Matt Hardy is one of those guys who is trying to be self important. When you have no where else to go and can do no more because you feel held down you do what you must to make it. I don't at all agree with what he does. I feel he makes his own problems.

To say you have weight issues because of a condition when we see you and your brother ripping on someone at a restaurant or diner at God knows what hour devouring a fried app platter you must be blind sir.

To do something spur of the moment and make people think your going to kill yourself or others and act mysterious as a cry of help or a way out, does not garner you brownie points in the sanity department.

Matt was excellent during Mattitude. He certainly stepped up to the plate in 2002 when his brother fled ship. I feel Matt could have been the being world champion at one point. However, as one poster pointed out he now feels like he is owed something and he goes about it in what I consider to be the worst way possible.

Matt is also very good to his fans. He takes time to do what most others do not. That however, is also a two edged sword because it comes off as forced and cheesey sometimes in my opinion.

I do not EVER wish Matt to die or kill himself. That's an awful and disrespectful thing to say to anyone. But everyone has a right to their opinion.

I think its way too late for Matt Hardy to make up for his shovelling but never say never. I don't think TNA will give him success, for he already had it in the WWE. He was just too blinded to realize it.

Have a good day folks.

I hope his next gimmick is "I'm leaving TNA" Matt Hardy. I wouldn't shed a single tear if both he and his brother left. Oh and take the Dudleys, Abyss, Bobby Lashley(when he comes back) Ink inc., etc with you please.

I think Matt Hardy sucks and has always sucked and always will sucks! I wish I could see him face to face and tell that to his face! He really does suck! Have you ever seen the way he walks? The way he climbs the turn buckle. It always seems like hes got something up his ass. his legs look all funny when he walks and does his moves. Matt Hardy needs to quit, retire, give up, commit suicide or simply just die,
I have always wondered what is up with that. Thought maybe I was the only one who thought his legs moved in an odd manner. Sometimes its like he takes a bunch of tiny steps. Weird.

I thought his youtube videos were pretty awkward. I really dont think he has much to offer the business anymore.

I can't believe all the comments about how Matt is fat or a tub of lard, etc. Grow up, guys. You sound like a clique of 13 year old girls. I'm sorry he's not sexy enough for you because he doesn't have John Morrison's abs. I would rather a wrestler not have a perfectly toned six-pack than to be shortening his lifetime with rampant steroid use just to please a small percentage of male fans on the internet. But, that's just me.

As far as the "Cold Blood" gimmick goes, first of all I WILL agree that it's not the most original nickname. It's not only unoriginal, but keeps reminding me of "Stone Cold." I understand Matt going for a heel gimmick with Immortal and wanting a new wicked nickname, but that name is kind of a poor choice that I don't think is going to catch on. Back when he betrayed Jeff for his last heel run in WWE, he was briefly going by "The Black Cloud" Matt Hardy, which is much better in comparison.

The braids have got to go. If Matt seriously wants to finally make it to the top as a singles star, he needs to stay out of Jeff's shadow as much as possible (his best time as a singles competitor in WWE was when Jeff wasn't around, coincidence?). Having those braids or any kind of crazy, colorful hairstyle is just too much like Jeff. Personally, I think Matt should just buzz the hair off.

I do think Matt has the potential to be a good serious heel. I think the biggest reason his heel run after betraying Jeff wasn't very successful was because he didn't reinvent his character along with it. Look at guys like Hollywood Hogan or on a smaller scale JBL. When they had their big heel turns, they completely revamped their characters along with it (new look, attitude, etc.). When Matt turned heel, all he did was put on a pair of tights with a key on them. He was too similar to face Matt Hardy, not enough changed. So I think people found it too hard to accept this "dark" Matt Hardy as he was still too much like the babyface we've been cheering for for years.

Matt needs to ditch the wacky hair and the baggy pants and reinvent himself into an original new character to have his best shot as succeeding as a top guy. I even like the MATTHEW alter-ego that he's introduced in Youtube videos and since everyone thinks he's a nut anyway, I think a bi-polar lunatic gimmick would really suit him well. I think he does have the potential to succeed, and with TNA giving him more creative control over his own character than WWE, now it's totally up to Matt to get over and stay over, and I'll be watching TNA to see how he does. I'm definitely curious.

Coolstorybro. Here is a small fact, god damn near any face gets a pop when they hit a finisher or go for one on a heel. Its a fucking fact, He was a heel for what less than a year since 2005? Big shit? The only minds that Fat Lardy was ever over in was was yours and a few other fans.

I've looked up your video's and all I see is him hitting a finisher and getting a pop over super hated heels. That’s being over? Yeah for a finisher, its not hard to do in the WWE. If I went in and hit Cm Punk at the moment with a Singapore cane I would get a pop.

Come on dude, really? Your going to say that getting a pop for him being a face and hitting a finisher or coming out gets him the status as over? That’s an every day fact of life if your anything of a wrestler and a face in the WWE.

His matches since his O so sweet comeback were nothing short of boring and he was getting a pop on name value only. Cool that he can do that because of his name, but really when your matches are so boring that I use them as the bathroom match more than the Diva's matches thats bad.

The only real solid part of that comeback you were talking about was his title run with Mvp and him trying to fight Edge over taking Lita. Then he kind of became irrelevant.:disappointed: I wasn't impressed.

Also Helen Keller Doesn’t need to hear shit. She talks with her hips, that will be all.:lmao:

So what your saying is you cannot find a video of matt hardy getting a little reaction. My point exactly. And If you still think hes not over, i want you to explain to me what over is!

This guy....wow. Seriously? Cold Blood Matt Hardy? That sounds like a name of someone on XBox Live in SvR2011. It's not only uncreative but it doesn't sound good. There's no ring to it, no catchiness to it. And his "reinvented" look? He finally changed his ugly baggy jeans to.....ugly slightly less baggy jeans? And his horrible hairstyle from the 90s to another horrible hairstyle from the 90s? Grow a real beard, shave your head, do something dramatic b/c his current look is dated and honestly, quite silly. He's not intimidating at all.

Another thing, I get kayfabe isn't what it used to be, but don't go on TV trying to be a bad heel, and then get on YouTube and tell everyone how much you love them and how important they are. Either go full-on heel or forget it. If he wants to "work the net", he should stop with the stupid YT videos period. Tell the fat girls that like him that they aren't good enough, tell them you don't have time for them and they are a waste. Don't pander to anyone, no hand signs, no posing.

So what your saying is you cannot find a video of matt hardy getting a little reaction. My point exactly. And If you still think hes not over, i want you to explain to me what over is!

Matt Hardy alone, or Matt Hardy leeching off of his brother (and Lita's) charisma? Matt Hardy alone did get pops time to time, sure, but he wasn't over. I can't imagine anyone sitting there going "Oh man, Matt Hardy is coming out, this is going to be good!" He has a mediocre moveset, average charisma at best, no ring psychology whatsoever to speak of. I guess that's what happens when you learned your craft on trampolines with your little hillbilly friends.

The Hardy/Edge fued wasn't bad at first....b/c Hardy didn't touch the mic, he just showed up and looked angry. It was fueled purely off of emotion/unpredictable nature of a real life (and quite public) incident. Once that was gone, where was he?

I respect you Uncle Phatso, we're E-Fed brothers, but I'm calling you out on this.

First off Shark Boy is the man, leave him out of this.

HEY! I never said Shark Boy was bad, and for all the good readers out in the thread right now. Sweet sence of sarcasam, I was using him as a joke. I like Shark Boy and he's over but lets get this right, he isn't on the same playing field as most of Tna.

Second, The Hardy's didn't just get over because of those matches. It was 90% how they originally got over but they didn't stay over for as long as they did because of those matches. They stayed over because they were an innovative tag team, they had a different look and feel from every other tag team, and they did things in the ring we hadn't seen in WWF.

How did they have a different look? Wearing bondage pants and doing a couple flips is Breath taking? I will give them credit, they were good with the matches they first did. But dude come on? What was really so special other than doing high spots? Fuck people have been doing that for years, don't we have a now defunct promotion that was famous for it?

I'm not a blind Hardy mark but you cannot deny how well he performed and how massively over he was during the Edge/Lita feud. That shows that he has the ability to work on a main event level and succeed, he just hasn't since.

Exactly, he can't capture that image he had back then. How hard is it also to get a crowd pop when you hit a finisher on one of the most hated heels ever. Edge might be face for now, but at a drop of a dime he can turn and get thousands to hate him once again, he's just that damn good. For the most part Edge was carring that whole fude. Hardy's work in the ring was less than good and still is to this day.

Now you say he's never had a gimmick? That doesn't make sense. His gimmick was "I will never die". Simple as that, he's going to give you everything he has and you might beat him but he'll keep getting up and coming back for more. How is that not a gimmick? A headstrong blue collar guy that gives it his all and never less. And his Mattitude gimmick was that of a delusional man who thought he was the biggest thing on Earth. It was funny, it worked, it was a gimmick.

Oh sorry I didn't count the alter ego's of Matt Hardy as Gimmicks. I forgot that you can change the name of what you do and still be basically the same charicter and still call it a new Gimmick.

What got Hardy over specifically is his hard work and his charisma (which he can have). Pre his WWE departure most WWE fans wanted him to succeed because he had been there for so long, worked very hard every time he came out, and was a solid wrestler. Look up to my first post and you'll see what the "Cold Blood" gimmick will possibly be like. I think it could work, look at all the heat has from half of the IWC, if he can garner that kind of heat from the TNA crowd than this could be successful.

The heat he is getting is because he went from being a good worker to shit. Literal shit, I would rather see shit in the ring sometimes than see him wrestle. He is also getting heat for being such a fucking real life D-Bag, his video's on youtube aren't shoots. They are just him running his mouth because he's a pissed off Ex employee.

Matt Hardy alone, or Matt Hardy leeching off of his brother (and Lita's) charisma? Matt Hardy alone did get pops time to time, sure, but he wasn't over. I can't imagine anyone sitting there going "Oh man, Matt Hardy is coming out, this is going to be good!" He has a mediocre moveset, average charisma at best, no ring psychology whatsoever to speak of. I guess that's what happens when you learned your craft on trampolines with your little hillbilly friends.

The Hardy/Edge fued wasn't bad at first....b/c Hardy didn't touch the mic, he just showed up and looked angry. It was fueled purely off of emotion/unpredictable nature of a real life (and quite public) incident. Once that was gone, where was he?

then tell me, what is being over. Is it selling merchandise? Is it getting huge reactions where ever you go? What is it. He is one of the most over wrestlers in the world. Its not an opinion, its fact.

then tell me, what is being over. Is it selling merchandise? Is it getting huge reactions where ever you go? What is it. He is one of the most over wrestlers in the world. Its not an opinion, its fact.

Being over is selling merchandise, yes. Putting asses in seats. He has done absolutely neither of those things. Like I said before, the Hardys and Lita were popular b/c their whole gimmick was based off of Jeff. High flying? Jeff, definitely not Matt and his second rope leg drop. Daredevils? Again, never higher than the second rope, it was all his crazy drugged up brother jumping off of ladders. The look, that was Jeff too. Matt as a singles wrestler? Oh god, no one in their right mind would pay to see that. They never have. Over across the globe? Where? He's not even over in North Carolina, except maybe in his old man's backyard.

Matt Hardy makes me wanna turn the channel and never turn back...I really wish he was in one of those buildings on 9/11 when the planes struck...The wrestling world would be a better place now

That's just sick and demented, wishing death or any harm for that matter upon someone who works his ass off to try and entertain people like you.

To be honest, sure, Matt Hardy isn't the greatest in the ring, sure he comes off as an asshole sometimes, but as the old saying goes,

'Any publicity is good publicity'

You keep talking about him, you keep his name in the conversation, you criticize the things he does, that's just known as a heel.

ill dowload the torrent,watch the stream of the ppv now that Matt Hardy is in TNA...they aint getting my money

Not all publicity is good

Actually, it pretty much is.

You're talking about him, you're keeping his name on the top of peoples heads, you're making him money by talking about him in any shape way or form.

It's marketing 101.

People on here still take the Wrestling Observer seriously? The same Wrestling Observer who just got raped by Dana White after they printed a bunch of bullshit about Brock Lesnar returning to the WWE? The same wrestling observer who print more bullshit than fact? Ugh, people need to look back and realize how many times this "source" prints blatant fallicies.

WTF does Matt Hardy in TNA have to do with WWE?!
I'm so sick of hearing/seeing from WWE fans about how TNA will never be WWE. Matt Hardy will be garbage in TNA because it's TNA and they suck, blah blah blah.
if you don't like TNA, don't watch and stop commenting.

I personally have no idea what this cold blooded thing will be. an alter ego? as in he will be Matt Hardy, but then another time be this alter ego Cold Blooded? he already seems cold blooded/heelish. might work better if he was face and the alter ego was heel type.
I've never seen any of his you tube videos, so no idea on them.

Well, Matt Hardy needs to do something to make himself stand out or he will just fall back into the same mid-card guy who the fans cheer a little bit but will never make it to the top role.

First thoughts on this is that the "Cold Blooded" gimmick seems to be a rip off of the "Stone Cold" idea, where an un-caring SOB just goes round kicking peoples asses. I havent seen Hardys videos, but thats my initial gut feeling. I think this could be good for Matt, he will be freshening up his persona, which is something he has needed to do for the last 5 or 6 years, so maybe he can re-ignite his career. I wont have my hopes up though, it will more than likely suck, with Matt flopping in TNA and going back to Vince with his tail between his legs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back