Matt Hardy Debuts in TNA

WOW. Really, Matt? If this isn't a classic case of buying someone for what they are worth, and then selling them for what they THINK they are worth, I don't know what is. Matt Hardy's ego is bigger than his gut. If TNA wants to waste their time with this guy, they can have him. Thank god the WWE washed their hands of both him and his brother. Matt Hardy's "comeback" will be an epic fail on the scale of Gary Charone (sp?) as Van Halen's lead singer...

Matt going to TNA would really just sink his career. Sure his brother's in TNA but look at Jeff, the only TV time he gets is cutting his "Antichrist of Professional Wrestling" promos and ambushing RVD. So as many people have said Matt would be irrelevant to TNA. There's no one he could really have a good match with because most of TNA's talent is either in Immortal or mid carders

Matt going to TNA would really just sink his career. Sure his brother's in TNA but look at Jeff, the only TV time he gets is cutting his "Antichrist of Professional Wrestling" promos and ambushing RVD. So as many people have said Matt would be irrelevant to TNA. There's no one he could really have a good match with because most of TNA's talent is either in Immortal or mid carders

How would it be the sink of his career? Your acting like he was a main eventer. WWE ruined his career a long time ago. Don't even go that way.

Jeff has asked for less time to deal with his family and court issues. I'm pretty sure you haven't watch lately considering the fact RVD being ambushed is really old.

You cannot call someone irrelevant when you know the Hardy Boyz are the biggest attraction in pro-wrestling today. I'm also pretty sure he could have a good match with Anderson, Joe, Pope, Williams, etc...non-mid carders you seemly forgot or didn't really care to mention.

Yeah ... I'd just like to say - don't expect him to show up at Genesis. I think his 90 days no compete clause is not over yet. He's got like 4-5 days left by my calculations, I might be wrong. That is, if he has a no-compete clause.

One of these days Matt Hardy might just realise that he is a 36-year old child, until then he's a stain on the sport of wrestling. It just really really urks me that he thinks he is a high enough calibur athlete to justify the way he acts. Honest to God, if Matt Hardy was say Mr Anderson during the 90-day no-compete clause I'd be praising him but Matt Hardy is shit in every respect. He is a boring slow wrestler who looks worse in the ring than his age would imply and he talks like he was rasied on a farm..... as one of the cattle, the only people who would pay to hear him talk is his deluded friends who are at least more talented in the ring than him.

If Matt Hardy had come out and been completely honest with everyone and say look this is how I wanted my career to go and I'm gonna try my hardest to succeed elsewhere then i would have supported him. But he is so arrogant and I know, I have tried watching his videos I really have.

All I can say is that you sometimes need to listen to guys that aren't your own friends to get a firm grip on reality. I especially loved his last line, "The cold-blooded Matt Hardy that you see right in front of your eyes, WILL.......NEVER....DIE" Someone please give me a pen and two minutes with him in a room with a locked door.

You cannot call someone irrelevant when you know the Hardy Boyz are the biggest attraction in pro-wrestling today.

WHHAAAAT????!!!! Are you living in 2002? Jeff Hardy was "relevant", I'd actually prefer to use the word popular because he is only rlevant to junkies everywhere trying to succeed, a couple of years ago because WWE made himtheir golden boy, they made him relevant.

But the statement biggest attraction in pro wrestling is so far off the mark that you might as well say J.R. has got nothing on Todd Grisham.

So whats this news I heard of Matt Hardy debuting tonight on the Geneisis PPV. Is it true? I guesso with that whole 1-11-11 crap that he posted up on youtube with him training out in the weight room before he went get his fat butt a cheseburger.

A lot of people are wondering about his 90 day clause. Well Matt Hardy did a radio interview the other day and he said he was actually released 2 weeks before the WWE announced it officially which means his 90 days is up already. Also if you read on the main page of this site you already know whats going on.

I'm suprised Matt 'Blabbermouth' Hardy didn't let that one out, Here we all are assuming he can't compete and apparently he got released two weeks fore we thought he did! What a turn-up! Mind you it was either him or Abyss that would be competing and since Abyss had just come out, it had to be really.

Like eddytiger said, I can't say it was a huge surprise as we've been speculating about this for the past week and a half. It was either going to be Matt Hardy or Abyss and since Abyss replaced Styles on the card tonight, there you go.

Matt Hardy has really let himself go. He was fairly out of shape when he left the WWE but he was in much better shape than he is out. I thought that it also showed in his match with RVD. Hardy was really slow, sluggish and pretty boring in the ring, maybe more so than he usually is. All in all, however, I can't say I'm surprised. A fittingly weak & underwhelming debut for a mediocre talent.

Crap debut!!!! Matt worked well when he was around 210-225. He's probably 250 these days. Slow and Sluggish. His knees bend weird and that causes him to look awkward. I just am over him. Another bad signing for TNA. They should focus on guys signing guys like Mercer or some of ROH's up and coming talent. I would love to see KOW in TNA. They would add some spice to the tags...

WHHAAAAT????!!!! Are you living in 2002? Jeff Hardy was "relevant", I'd actually prefer to use the word popular because he is only rlevant to junkies everywhere trying to succeed, a couple of years ago because WWE made himtheir golden boy, they made him relevant.

But the statement biggest attraction in pro wrestling is so far off the mark that you might as well say J.R. has got nothing on Todd Grisham.
Okay then, name me someone else that is not Cena that draws the amount of attention and merchandise sales that they do.

2002? Lol. It wasn't 2002 when WWE was milking them on ECW trying to get ratings up for that show in 08. You "junkie" guys need to quit being blind and get with the facts they still are very much relevant with casual fans.

Well it finally happened. We've all been calling it since his release from WWE. it was a question of not "if" but when. I guess we can safely assume he's aligned with Immortal. I'm not exactly sure what to think of this. I'm guessing TNA plans to push him harder than WWE ever did. After all, he did pick up a win (albeit a controversial win but a win nonetheless) over a former world champion in RVD. Only time will tell where he goes from here. Personally, Matt Hardy still doesn't interest me but whatever.

Okay then, name me someone else that is not Cena that draws the amount of attention and merchandise sales that they do.
Currently? Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, the "Nexus" t-shirt, CM Punk.

Within the past few years? Shawn Michaels, HHH, Undertaker, Chris Jericho.

Sorry, the last time the Hardyz were mega-over was in 2002. Their star has been steadily fading over the past decade; just because you use someone to get something over a la ECW doesn't mean they're the hottest thing that exists in wrestling. Jeff Hardy was hot enough to bump Impact's rating to a 1.9 for a week; but not hot enough to make any of that extra .8 stick around for another show.

It's not like TNA's hauling out Randy the Ram to lead their company. But the days of the Hardyz being hot as hell are over. Jeff's still got star cachet- he's a top seller, if not the 2nd top seller as you're proposing, but he's no longer the 'biggest attraction in professional wrestling'. Even his biggest booster would call that an oversell.

But hey- now that Jeff's no longer champion, they're free to do that Hardyz reunion that we all know is inevitable! That will surely spike the needles on a regular and permanent basis.

I don't see how this comes as a surprise to anyone, it was a matter of when not if he is coming to TNA. Matt Hardy is a hot topic right now but his steam will eventually blow out. I would be lying if i said im not interested in what his business in TNA involves. This debut can play out to many scenarios good and bad. I won't judge this too harshly until TNA has a chance to create some interest and create some entertaining storylines because it is possibke

So Matt Hardy debuted at Genesis last night, looking roughly the same as he did in WWE with a different hairstyle.

My question is has coming to TNA hurt him???

I think it has because it essentially says 'I am Matt Hardy and I need to be close to my more over brother to be relevant'

Assuming he's got a new gimmick, why couldn't Matt try and get that to work in WWE??? He could have took some time off and came back refreshed with a new gimmick, this might've got him over enough to be in the Main Event/Upper Midcard.

What Matt Hardy can do in TNA is quite limited, tag/fued with Jeff and fued with a few people in the Main Event/Upper Midcard, rinse and repeat.

First and foremost Matt Hardy couldn't draw flies even if he was covered in shit.

Coming to TNA hasn't necessarily hurt Matt Hardy because it was inevitable and just a matter of when. But what exposed Matt Hardy as nothing but a huge ego looking for attention was his silly youtube videos and how he went about conducting himself after his release which he deserved. They way he presented himself on youtube and other places on the internet really just made him look like a child he wants nothing more than attention. I hope TNA doesn't buy into his self made hype, because nobody loves Matt Hardy more than Matt Hardy. So to me that is what has hurt Matt Hardy.

I think it is too early to tell.

TNA could do for Matt what it did for Christian and make him a major star in the company. However, with all the focus in TNA now being on Immortal (especially Jeff Hardy) and now Mr Anderson, I could see Matt becoming just another face in the crowd, as has happened with RVD and before him Booker T.

I would like to see Matt use this opportunity to become a major player in TNA, but I do think that people will still see him as the secondary Hardy brother and not take much notice of him. I am interested to see if he will be portraying a new character and be fresh rather than just the same old stale Matt Hardy. I am glad he finally has a new hairstyle too after all these years!

So, I am going to wait and hold judgement on Matt Hardy until I have seen him a few times in TNA, can judge his new persona and see if he is going to make an impact, or just be another guy

I don't feel that it could hurt him at all. at least on TNA the guy has a chance to do something the WWE would never do. make him a world champion and the guy new that, that's why he was miserable at the WWE. so even if he is not and will most likely never be over with the fans, at least he is happy. so why would it hurt him?

Not really. How can you hurt something that's already dead?

Matt Hardy was a big, fat NOTHING in the WWE over the last few years. Some shitty title reigns here and there, that's about it. Coming to TNA has actually revitalized whatever's left of his career. Never been a big Matt Hardy fan, but I'll wait for him to prove to the world why he's total crap before I say it.

Far too early to tell. We don't really know what TNA has planned for him right now but I have no doubt it'll be in some way, shape or form involved with the World Title picture/Immortal. Hardy's brother is being eased aside so he can focus on his problems with the law and with Anderson now the new champion, someone's going to have to face him. Jeff Hardy has legal problems, AJ is injured and Abyss is the TV Champion, so Matt Hardy is quite possibly the man to play Anderson’s foil. Whether I buy him as a world champion/contender or not is a totally different matter, but I think if he wants a shot at becoming a main eventer, TNA is his place to do it.

I dont think coming to tna has hurt matt as, from what i gather, he did not get injured during his debut at genisis. Had he taken a bad bump and some other way recieved an injury, then it would be fair to say that going to tna had hurt him. Anyhow, good luck to him and with a bit of luck we will see the return of ALPHA, the stable involving fellow stable mates jeff, hurricane, shannon and cetain fountain.

"Never try to fix something that is not broke and trying to fix something that is not broke is the same as breaking something that does not need to be fixed!"

"Like totalll awe-SOME!"

someone tell me who wants to see Fatt Lardy on a wrestling show in such sloppy and bad shape? TNA hasnt hurt Hardy, Hardy has hurt TNA! soon as he made youtube his career he was on a downward spiral!

That guy has been hell-bent over winning a reputable world title since he was in the WWE. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt put a clause in his contract stating that he had to win a world championship during his TNA tenure. Then maybe he could find some closure within himself and finally stop bitching about the fact that even though he was the top dog in Omega, that doesn't mean he's WWE championship material.

I expect Matt to win a world title and be involved in main event storylines within 6 months. In addition, I see no reason why TNA wouldn't keep Matt at the top of the food chain. After all, like him or not, he's one of the most notable faces on the TNA roster now. If TNA is smart, they'll capitalize on that immediately.

Am I really the only one who actually thought [Matt] Hardy looked to be in much better shape than he was in when he left WWE initially about three months ago? I'm no Hardy mark, by any means (Matt, that is), but I actually enjoyed the way they brought him in, and his match really wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be. It was an adequate mid-card bout on a well-balanced Pay-Per-View card that delivered as it should have — RVD should have won, technically speaking, but was "screwed" out of the win so as to both piss him off as well as not have him job clean to Hardy. Hardy continues to serve as a road block between him and Jeff, despite the fact that Jeff is no longer champion, while Jeff obviously feuds with Anderson to regain his title. Seems really simple to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back