Impressed with Matt Hardy?

I don't care about wrestlers personal lives so I'm not going to make jokes about either of the Hardy Boyz.

Matt has defienatley improved since his final months at WWE. But he still has a long way to go. He's still slow in the ring since his surgery. But his promos actually aren't that bad as a heel. I hope to see further improvement

Señor Anderson;2962117 said:
I don't care about wrestlers personal lives so I'm not going to make jokes about either of the Hardy Boyz.

Matt has defienatley improved since his final months at WWE. But he still has a long way to go. He's still slow in the ring since his surgery. But his promos actually aren't that bad as a heel. I hope to see further improvement

Agreed, they can do anything they want outside of the ring except being a child molestor or pulling a Benoit just as long as they don't screw up in the ring.

Yeah Matt is still slow in the ring, but considering his injury and the surgery he had to do to repair the damage we should give him a pass. Yes his promos are good and i hope to see more of his heel promos.

Nope. Not impressed. Same old Matt Hardy, with a new hair style. Same unintelligable drivel that makes no sense. Thank Goodness WWE finally let him hit the road. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Looked the other night like HE was on something. Wouldn't be a shocker to learn he was.

Yes, I would agree that Matt Hardy has been impressive since his TNA debut. I wasn’t one of these that thought ‘why has TNA signed Matt Hardy’ when he debuted. As I tend to see how something pans out before judging it. And going by the couple of months Matt has been in TNA, he’s definitely been a decent addition to the roster. I’m not going to go overboard and say he’s been fantastic because he’s only really been up against two of the top wrestlers in the company. Van Dam and AJ could have a decent match with almost anyone, so it will be interesting to see how Matt fares against some of the lesser lights. But from what I’ve seen of him so far, both in the ring and on the mic, he has certainly impressed. When Matt’s cutting a promo it seems natural and like he’s just saying what he thinks. The ones he’s cut on AJ have been very true and delivered as though Matt really believes what he’s saying. When he talks about being young and naïve and putting your body through hell to reach the top, only to be cut down by a politician in the back, is pretty much spot on when it comes to professional wrestling (obviously not in all cases). The “Cold Blood” gimmick is giving Matt another layer as well. And when I saw him standing side by side with Bully Ray, I immediately thought I’d love to see a violent, brutal, tag team consisting of these two. Two of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time, joining forces and taking people out sounds pretty good to me. Don’t think that’s the route TNA will go though. But I’m interested in seeing where they go with Matt, so Matt Hardy has done his job IMO.

Impressed? No. Not at all.

Sure, Matt has gotten himself into better shape, but I still see the same old boring and bland Matt Hardy. I really don't see why some people like this "Cold Blooded Matt Hardy" character. I'm guessing he's supposed to be darker, but besides the hair, I just don't see any real changes. His mic skills are still pretty mediocre, and he hasn't had any jaw dropping matches in TNA so far.

Matt Hardy is another one of those wrestlers who thinks he's a lot more talented than he actually is, and a good portion of the IWC thinks he deserves a main event spot. They think Matt is underrated. Matt is as overrated as overrated can be, and I don't think anyone would buy him as a main event guy.

I personally, am not very impressed or satisfied with Matt Hardy here in TNA. Do not get me wrong, he was not great at all in WWE. When he debuted on Impact one Thursday night, he slid into the ring wearing a blue plaid shirt. I remember thinking to myself "who is that? It almost looks like Umaga with his size." I guess the shirt really out did it for Matt Hardy's size that night... But moving on, he really did gain alot of weight. I know he gained some from the WWE time frame as well. But now, he is trying to make himself look like a credible athlete, with that weight? I think if he lost some weight, and got into better shape, and become a "student" of Ric Flair, he could definitely be in his brothers shoes, in a year or so... (Note, I mean he can be in Jeff's shoes in TNA)

Speaking in the moment, right now, I belive that if TNA pairs him up with Ric Flair, and he is used as a bigger bodyguard type figure, not a real athlete, I would not see a legitimate problem with that for the time being. But otherwise, I would not have him in ANY pay-per-view against AJ styles, a man who could be the head of the heavyweight division right now.

I'm not impressed with Matt at all, yes he's in better shape but he still sucks on the mic. He hasn't done anything worth a shit in the ring sine going to TNA. I think he's very over rated by many in the IWC. He's not main event material like he thinks he is. He's been riding the coattails of his little druggie brother for years. Now that Jeff may be gone from TNA Matt is on his own again. It wont be long before he starts crying and whining on the internet again that he's underused and should be the champion.

I am impressed with Matt Hardy.

If you guys haven't watched TNA PPVs.. then don't even talk about if your impressed with him.

His match with AJ Styles might be one of the best of the year so far out of any promotion. It was so overly competitive that I felt the guys were genuinely fighting each other, and I think they were. Battling for control, yet still playing by the rules of selling the others moves.

Matt Hardy is a beast in the ring, Taz announces it perfectly. He keeps on you, and he just counters everything the other wrestler does. So that keeps the other wrestler on their heels.

Matt Hardy has impressed me a lot, I didn't buy into all the IWC garbage bashing Matt Hardy, but I wasn't overly excited for him anyways. But he has impressed me and I agree with his character.

His match at Genesis with Rob Van Dam was just another example of how competitive Matt Hardy can make a match.

IWC = Haters.

i agree with Justdawg. Matts ringwork in tna (especially against aj at VR) has been really damn good. I never was a big m-hardy fan, but since his debut his matches have been really good and his character is entertaining... but i must admit i do kinda find something funny when he's cutting a really serious promo... i think its his small eyes and mudslide forehead

Impressed with Matt Hardy? With his promo skills? Nope. His look? it could be better so no. His ring ability? No. I am however impressed with his ability to actually step up to the plate when he has to. While he still has many issues to work with about his persona and in-ring ability, he still does not back down and is willing to take charge as needed. That's definably impressive to me seeing how he didn't really do it in WWE and got really sloppy.

I am impressed with Matt. He seems to be doing alot better in TNA than he was in WWE. Its very obvious that he's been working harder as can be seen with his major weight loss. I'm proud with the direction he's heading in.

I'm impressed with his work in the ring, for sure. I could still do without him because I'm just not a fan of his overall presentation, but I give him props for getting back in shape and having some good PPV matches.

I was impressed enough to reactivate him on my SvR game...so he's got that goin for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back