At it again, eh, Madden the Mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil bitch Kid

Getting Noticed By Management
Wow, this idiot is still being paid? I guess WZ would like to be downgraded to a fifth rate website.

Here is what is wrong with Madden this week:

- He refers to the WWE "tryout" system as a "dog and pony" show. Ok, but it's a "dog and pony show" that just had over a million households watching a PPV. Clearly the E knows what it is doing. Clearly, Madden is an old, never was that is jealous. Later in his "article" he calls the E the only "real company". Jesus, Madden, you can't even insult people correctly.

- He is critical of Kevin Steen. He talks a little about his work, calls Steen's "brawling" overrated, and then of all things, makes a comment or two about Kevin Steen's weight. Madden making a comment about ANYONE's weight is like the collective of the "BooHoo lil bitch crew" commenting on grammar.

- Finally, he makes a comment about the E not letting employees know what they will receive in lieu of PPV bonuses. A couple of things with that:
- The E doesn't answer to you, Madden.
- Just because YOU don't know what is being done, doesn't mean the talent doesn't know. And, no, I don't think you have sources inside the E that would tell you the truth, Madden.

Look, if guys want to work for the biggest wrestling company, they'll have to do it the E's way. It really is as simple as that. Guys go for tryouts because they want to go to work for the biggest company. Is the E always right? No, they aren't, but are they the ones paying their own bills? They sure as shit are. It isn't up to some big dope reject from a bankrupt company to be critical of the way the E makes more money than most of us will ever see. And guess what, Madden the Mark, if you don't like it STOP WATCHING. I'm sure Vince won't care if you are upset. I'm sure you won't care what I have to say either, but the difference is that my opinion is based on fact, and yours, is based on jealousy.

Finally, Madden, a couple of weeks ago you proved that you didn't watch TNA when you claimed that they did the ENTIRE EY push in two hours. That was simply untrue. Now, you claim that the Wolves are "just another tag team". How would you know when you showed you don't watch TNA?

WZ went from being a 3rd rate site, then a 4th rate site, and now a 5th rate site.

Moving up in the world bit by bit eh. Keep doing God's work, LBK.

WZ went from being a 3rd rate site, then a 4th rate site, and now a 5th rate site.

Moving up in the world bit by bit eh. Keep doing God's work, LBK.

Learn to read, idiot! It says that WZ would like to be downgraded, not that it has been downgraded. I guess you understand verb tenses as well as you understand punctuation.

Also, in case you actually are THAT stupid, which, to be clear, is possible, 4th rate is worse than 3rd rate.

By your "logic", if rating this website is "God's work" and I am the only one rating it, that would mean that you think of me as God. Thanks, but you're still an ass hat.

Learn to read, idiot! It says that WZ would like to be downgraded, not that it has been downgraded. I guess you understand verb tenses as well as you understand punctuation.

Also, in case you actually are THAT stupid, which, to be clear, is possible, 4th rate is worse than 3rd rate.

By your "logic", if rating this website is "God's work" and I am the only one rating it, that would mean that you think of me as God. Thanks, but you're still an ass hat.

You really are lonely to keep talking about writers of all things.

Explains your inconsistency.

You a rock fan, Rayne?

Trying to find some bands out there that I might not have heard.
I've been listening to a lot of post-rock music lately (orchestral compositions written for rock instruments, usually without vocals). On that plane:

God Is An Astronaut
Yndi Halda
Explosions In the Sky (everyone's heard of them by now though, and if you haven't, seriously, get on it)
Sigur Ros

On the gummier, poppier side of rock, I always seem to listen to lots of Los Campesinos! and Circa Survive when spring gets started along.

I've been listening to a lot of post-rock music lately (orchestral compositions written for rock instruments, usually without vocals). On that plane:

God Is An Astronaut
Yndi Halda
Explosions In the Sky (everyone's heard of them by now though, and if you haven't, seriously, get on it)
Sigur Ros

Fuck YES to all of these! If you haven't heard either of these bands before then I highly recommend you check out If These Trees Could Talk and This Will Destroy You. If you've seen Moneyball then you'll have heard TWDY's track The Mighty Rio Grande but Threads is my personal favourite of theirs due to its lovely build into an orgasm of noise like EITS's It's Natural to be Afraid and The Plane Will Crash Tomorrow.

I am not anti-wwe but I am also not going to kiss their ass
Whether they get scouted or Trips gets a highlight dvd any wrestler that has wrestled all over the world for various promotions shouldn't have to tryout
Its the WWE way of saying to the talent "you have some talent that we like but up to this point your body of work means shit to us"
Really Davey Richards needs a tryout or even Steen
I understand Adam Cole but any talent less than say seven years been wrestling probably needs a tryout
Even if WWE isn't quite sold on a certain talent I understand that as well
Just WWE sending a message to the entire industry that only we know wrestling even though we hate using that term so everyone get in line or struggle to sellout those gyms and halls

If we're up for legitimate discussion, I'd be down for chewing the fat (excuse the pun) on Maddens latest.

Maddens a funny guy for me, some weeks I agree with him and some I don't. In this case he had a few points that irked me:

1) The idea that the try-outs are a 'Dog-and-Pony show' is a little obscene... Yes, for guys like Steen there is a multitude of tape to work off to see the guy can go, and likewise for me, there's plenty of evidence I can do my job, it doesn;t mean I shouldn't go through an interview and etc.

2) Y2Eh... Even when Madden spoke of Steen's brawling being overrated, and mentioned his weight, overall he was supportive of his talents, said the guy grows on you. His comments on his weight were to the extent that Steen has been a bigger guy in wrestling for about 13 years now, if he felt weight was an issue, he had plenty of time to correct it. The size is part of Steens appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back