Armageddon: Batista vs Edge vs Undertaker

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Triple Threat World Heavyweight Championship Match
(c) Batista vs Edge vs Undertaker

The most vicious circle in sports-entertainment becomes three-sided going into Armageddon, where Edge, Undertaker and World Heavyweight Champion Batista will square off in a Triple Threat Match. Although the gold is always the ultimate prize to strive for, this particular three-for-all is fueled by rage, resentment and retribution. Therefore, it seems only appropriate that this pay-per-view would host a conflict that could, in fact, be decisive and final for some of the parties involved.

For the Rated-R Superstar, Armageddon is an opportunity to reclaim the World Heavyweight Title that an injury had forced him to relinquish last July. As he told our fans on SmackDown, it’s also a chance to fulfill a dream that he now shares with his new love, General Manager Vickie Guerrero. Edge credits Vickie as the motivating force for his return at Survivor Series, where he interfered in Batista and Undertaker’s Hell in a Cell Match, and cost The Phenom a possible sixth World Title.

Survivor Series wasn’t the first time this year that the Ultimate Opportunist had robbed Undertaker of that which he holds in highest regard. Last May on SmackDown, after battling Batista to a Steel Cage stalemate and enduring a vicious surprise assault from Mark Henry, the battered Phenom was unable to stop Edge from cashing in a “Money in the Bank” contract and defeating him for the World Heavyweight Title. Therefore, it’s certainly understandable why The Deadman won’t rest in peace until he finally gets his hands on the Rated-R Superstar. And he’ll have that opportunity at Armageddon.

As usual, Edge isn’t happy about this – especially after he was forced to watch his lover suffer an Undertaker Tombstone on SmackDown a week after Survivor Series. Another week later, The Deadman nearly claimed his retribution when he suddenly interrupted Edge’s title match with Batista. But when The Animal speared Edge out of Undertaker’s cold clutches, allowing the Ultimate Opportunist to escape, The Phenom again took his building frustrations out on the nearest object within his grasp – this time, the World Heavyweight Champion, whom he nearly chokeslammed through the canvas.

It was at that moment when Theodore Long surprised our fans and all three Superstars with his first SmackDown appearance in more than two months, and announced the Triple Threat Match for Armageddon. The look on Undertaker’s face as he stood alone in the ring told our fans that he certainly welcomed the challenge…though some may question if his thirst for payback against Edge could outweigh an opportunity to capture the gold from Batista.

As for Edge, like we said, he’s not happy. “Who the hell does Teddy Long think he is, putting me in a Triple Threat Match with Batista and Undertaker?” he rhetorically asked WWE.com. “I just came back from a career-threatening injury that nearly cost WWE one of its best and brightest Superstars!

“I’m not worried about Batista,” he added. “He knows he can’t beat me, since he’s never done it when the title’s been at stake. Hell, I should still be champion, since I never even lost the damn title. But now I also have to go in the ring with that sick, twisted monster Undertaker, who almost destroyed the woman I love. Well, listen up, ‘Deadman’: Vickie may be a gentle, defenseless soul, but I’m not. I will destroy you, and at Armageddon, I’ll take back the World Heavyweight Championship that’s rightfully mine!”

Whether or not Edge can back up his claim won’t be answered until the pay-per-view, but he does make one valid point: He successfully defended his World Heavyweight Title in three consecutive confrontations with Batista this year. More important, The Animal may wear the championship now, but Edge has always been the Ultimate Opportunist; he knows full well that in a Triple Threat Match, a challenger doesn’t necessarily have to pin the champion to win the title.

“Hey, I get it,” Batista told WWE.com. “The odds are against me in a Triple Threat Match. But I won back the World Heavyweight Title in a Triple Threat Match. You don’t become a three-time World Champion if you spend all your energy worrying over how dangerous a match like this is.

The Animal speaks with a self-confidence he has truly earned since pinning The Great Khali for the World Heavyweight Championship at Unforgiven, then exorcising a very personal demon at Cyber Sunday when he defeated Undertaker. Clearly, it is a new, more powerful breed of Animal who relishes the coming three-for-all at Armageddon.

“Personally, I can’t wait to get Edge in the ring,” he said, “because it gives me the chance to give that little weasel the major ass-kicking he deserves. As for Undertaker…I don’t care why he chokeslammed me on SmackDown, or that he’s frustrated about not getting his hands on Edge. All that matters to me is defending my title at Armageddon, and reminding both of these guys who the World Heavyweight Champion is.”

I do not think this match is a good idea, but it was bound to happen. These three men had feuds most of 2007. This match has the potential to be great considering that Edge and the Undertaker are both in there to cover for Batista's lack of wrestling talent.

It is a bad idea though because Edge and Undertaker are supposed to fight at Wrestlemania and why put them in the ring together already. You want there huge encounter at Wrestlemania to be the first time they have stepped in the ring with each other since they have started their feud.

Overall, the match should be good.

Judging by their choice to make the Elimination Chamber determine the #1 contender for Wrestlemania's other champ (the one that doesn't get challenged by the winner of the RR), all signs point to it being a Smackdown chamber. Now, because of that, that means that a Raw star will win the Rumble. Now...lol...follow me here. This is how I think it will go down, as the WWE loves to spread things out.

Edge wins this match and thusly, the championship.
Edge vs Batista (rematch clause) for the Royal Rumble.
Edge screws the Undertaker out of winning the Royal Rumble and getting his shot
Edge retains the title at No Way Out (probably not even a title match, just a tag team match like last year)
Undertaker wins the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out.
Undertaker wins the title from Edge at Wrestlemania.

The WWE wanted both Edge and Undertaker to have the WHC when they were returning. This will have given Edge a 3 month (approximately) reign, 16-0 streak for Taker, and it can start his long reign as well.

This will be match of the night easiliy. This is the right move on WWE's part, imo. Considering how thin Smackdown's main event scene is, they didn't have much choice.

I see Edge winning here, with help from Vickie(and maybe even Chavo). Where it goes from there. Edge vs. Batista at Royal Rumble most likely. What would be cool is if Teddy Long came back as Co-GM, and decides to make things right by redoing the Armageddon match, except this time it will be an elimination match.

I don't want to see this match. I want Taker vs. Edge to be the first real meeting between the two. It'll happen at Mania. But it won't be such a big match if we've already seen it in some form before. WWE will also devalue the match by having them face each other in tag matches and with frequent face offs. Taker doesn't need that stuff. When Edge returned at Survivor Series, that should have been the last of Taker until at least the Rumble. Instead there having them face each other a few months before Mania.

I really don't want to see this match either.Why can't they just keep and build the suspense for the Wrestlemania match between Edge and Undertaker.But I really want Edge to walk out with the belt in this one and then have Undertaker win back the title at Wrestlemania.I think the match between Edge/Undertaker at Wrestlemania will end in a DQ with Undertaker actually winning the match just to keep Edge's streak of never being pinned or submitted at Wrestlemania.Sure he lost the match at WM 23 in the money in the bank but he wasn't pinned or made to submit.I highly doubt Undertaker will walk out of Armageddon with the championship.

I really do wish they coulda just kept Edge/Undertaker out of the same ring until Wrestlemania,woulda been smarter for WWE to keep it until WM that way they can get more buyrates,tickets sold and PPV buys.But atleast Edge and Undertaker have enough talent to cover Batista's terrible wrestling and this should be a decent match.My prediction is Edge winning it then losing it at Wrestlemania.

i agree w no fate. edge has the belt till mania, and then undertaker for a while, batista and taker will do most of the fighting in thriple threat and egde gets an opportunistc pin so that edge and taker dont see eachother that much till WM

Paul Bearer Edit: Good job on editing your post, I'll get your infraction reversed for ya. It may take a few days, though, so don't worry.

CENA54's got the idea - Could be the Survivor Series ending all over again only Edge leaves World champion

All 3 (Batista/Edge/Taker) could all be in the ring ready to start the match & of course both of them, Taker mostly want to get there hands on Edge. Edge could be scared off to the back or through the crowd. Batista/Taker go at it all the way though with the commentating outside is Edge better get his ass back out there or he won't win the title. Edge plays possum. He'll probably be out there after Taker tombstones Batista & goes for the pin & win. Edge will probably have chair in hand & bash up Taker from behind before the 3 count & he will cover up the all ready tombstoned Batista for thr win & spear Taker for the heck of.

They'll make it sound like this will be the second straight time Taker was a pin count away from the Title untill that stupid dope came in ruined it all again.

Edge did say on Smackdown he can beat Batista with Taker out of the way.

I hope this happens - this will really carry this heated up Edge/Taker fued further throught the Rumble where Edge could help cause Taker to get eliminated in the Rumble match. Edge retains title in that PPV. A Raw dude will win the Rumble so therefore Smackdown gets the Chamber match where Taker will win & there you have it Wrestlemania 24 is all set for Edge/Taker.

CENA54's got the idea - Could be the Survivor Series ending all over again only Edge leaves World champion

All 3 (Batista/Edge/Taker) could all be in the ring ready to start the match & of course both of them, Taker mostly want to get there hands on Edge. Edge could be scared off to the back or through the crowd. Batista/Taker go at it all the way though with the commentating outside is Edge better get his ass back out there or he won't win the title. Edge plays possum. He'll probably be out there after Taker tombstones Batista & goes for the pin & win. Edge will probably have chair in hand & bash up Taker from behind before the 3 count & he will cover up the all ready tombstoned Batista for thr win & spear Taker for the heck of.

They'll make it sound like this will be the second straight time Taker was a pin count away from the Title untill that stupid dope came in ruined it all again.

Edge did say on Smackdown he can beat Batista with Taker out of the way.

I hope this happens - this will really carry this heated up Edge/Taker fued further throught the Rumble where Edge could help cause Taker to get eliminated in the Rumble match. Edge retains title in that PPV. A Raw dude will win the Rumble so therefore Smackdown gets the Chamber match where Taker will win & there you have it Wrestlemania 24 is all set for Edge/Taker.

I have to agree with jwh888 it all sounds very possible that something like this could happen. That is the way that edge won it in the first place and the story line could continue till WM24 in a streak vs streak match considering edge has never been pinned at Wrestlemania. What do you guys rekon

This match will be fair. This match has potential that won't be used. I see most of this match being 'Taker/'Tista since Edge will get "injured" somehow. As for the finish of the match Batista hits a Batista Bomb on Undetaker, and Edge will come out of "nowhere" and do a rollup and win the title. Edge will hold on to the title until 'Mania where he'll drop the belt (and his win streak) to The Undertkaer.

I don't like the idea of having Edge and the Undertaker in the same match with each other before Wrestlemania. It ruins the build up in my opinion. Those two should be good enough to carry their own weight throughout, but can Batista hang. Batista has proven to be respectable in his matches with the deadman, but not great.

I have a really bad feeling that Batista walks away with this belt. I'm just hoping we'll get the Undertaker tomstone on Batista, then Edge lights Taker up with a chair and steals the title.

This should be a pretty good match and probably will be my personal favorite of the night. It makes the most sense if Edge wins this one because it will help build up the Edge/Taker feud going into WrestleMania 24 if that is what the WWE is planning to do. I see Taker and Batista teaming up on Edge and putting him through the ECW announcer table, then Taker and Batista will have a huge brawl in the ring with Taker giving a Tombstone to Batista and before he gets a chance to pin him, Edge pulls Taker out of the ring and pins Batista himself. That would be something Edge would do, he will piss the fans off once again lol.

what i fink is dat undertaker will win then batista will win the rumble and will face each other again at wrestlemania 24 in a hair vs title match lol

batista will keep the title and then on friday night smackdown the undertaker will say "lets have a match right here right now for the world heavyweight championship"then edge will be the specail guest referee undertaker will win and then batista will win the royal rumble then get the world heavyweight championship back.

batista will keep the title and then on friday night smackdown the undertaker will say "lets have a match right here right now for the world heavyweight championship"then edge will be the specail guest referee undertaker will win and then batista will win the royal rumble then get the world heavyweight championship back.

I Hope not! I hate Batista so much he needs to lose the title and i think he will. This is how i think it will play out.

Edge will stay out of the match for the most part, while Undertaker and Batista battle it out. Undertaker will tombstone Batista and will go to win when Edge comes in and hits Undertaker. He will then spear Taker and pin Batista cos he was hurt from the tombston and therefore Edge will be new champ. This will continue Edge and the Undertaker's rivalry for WM24 as Edge didnt pin Taker and Taker got screwed. Edge and Batista will then have a rematch at Royal Rumble with Edge winning, and Edge will Screw Taker out of the Rumble Match, Continuning their hatred. Then Vickie and Edge will do everything to avoid Undertaker untill the chamber at No Way Out. Taker will win the chamber finally getting his world title match at WM24 against Edge.

:robvandam: BATISTA STILL GONNA WAK OUT AT THE PPV TONIGHT AS THE CHAMP BOTH BATISTA N TAKER ARE GONNA GANG UP ON EDGE FOR SCREWING THE BOTH IN MATCHES THEY BOTH HAD ON FRIDAY N LAST PPV THEY BOTH WAS IN PAY BACK IS A BYIOCH

RING ANNOUCER GONNA SAY THIS TO BATISTA N STILL WHC BATISTAAAAAA:headbanger:

I Am so happy that Batista lost his title, its about damn time! I Thought it was a crazy idea to put the three edges and it really confused me, but all that matters is Edge is new Champ. Now i just hope Batista gets his rematch, loses and then goes and hides himself in the midcard where he belongs! Edge and Undertaker feud should be good, cant wait!

typical win by edge, i would love to see edge win the championship in a normal way. Batista and taker, they did everything they can and they fought themselves. Edge doesn't deserve this. I hope batista and taker kick his ass in the next weeks and 1 of the 2 or anyone else wins the title.

I ****ing Hate Edge
Why Does He Have To Be World Champ
He Does Not Deserve To Be Champ
No One Likes Him
I ****ing Hate Edge
I ****ing Hate Edge
I ****ing Hate Edge

He Messes Everything Up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics