An analysis on why nobody read Rayne's analysis of the election

Rayne isn't boring. He has balls larger than most on this site, and is never afraid to say something unpopular. That, alone, makes him entertaining.

Remember how when you were in elementary school, the teacher would make you break down parts of a sentence, telling the teacher which were nouns, which were verbs, etc? We should play that game now.

Here, Angel, I want you to break down this post into the parts which are opinion and which are fact. Let's see how well you can do. We'll all sit off to the side and pretend to be the cool kids. Expect an unfunny quip or two to come your way.

Absolutely. How was it not?

Perhaps we have different definitions for a quality post.

I doubt anyone bothered to read the whole final poll thread so it's understandable he took his queues from post made in the "hate crusade" thread and a few from the final poll thread, but his post was unoriginal, a simple compiling of reason stated many times in the final poll thread. Rereading it I can't find a single thing that wasn't mentioned in the final poll thread one way or another.

Was it articulate? Absolutely it was, it is a Rayne post after all. But I prefer creative sustenance in my quality post over a large vocabulary.

I'm not surprised you like it though, it had a very Slyfox-esque feel to it with the post itself and the responses he made ;)

I'm sure I have some sort of, "well what would you know about a quality post" response coming so have at it.

Absolutely. How was it not?

Because it was boring and it was basically just him saying what everyone else had been saying, except he said in a long winded, smart sounding way, so it's a "quality" post.

Agreed, you just seem to be struggling mightily with it.

Nah, I understand that you're a ****** who doesn't understand the difference between fact and opinion.

No, I know exactly the difference between opinion and fact. Just because you want to call something an opinion doesn't change the FACT Rayne is a good poster.

When did I say Rayne was a bad poster? What are you even responding too?

An opinion would be that Rayne is boring. That's your opinion

Yep. You know what else is an opinion? That Rayne is good, it's an opinion I agree with, but it's still not a fact.

But the quality of his posting is good. That's a fact. You can break down his posts, find logic and common sense in them, not to mention a level of thinking higher than most posts on display from other posters

Quality is subjective, your smart ass should know that.

I can objectively critique Rayne's posts,

How so? Are you just gonna change the definition of "objectively"?

I'm not stating his posts are good because I like them, I'm stating they are good because they satisfy conditions of quality others do not.

Quality is subjective.

So you keep on with your silly insults, and I'll keep on showing just how ignorant you really are.

You're a ******.

I'm going for the idea you're probably not the best judge of quality when A) you don't know the difference between opinions and facts

Oh but I do.

and B) you think posts which are of high quality are boring.

I'm sorry if I don't find a post of "high quality" boring because I don't give a fuck about what they're discussing. I'm sure if some quality poster made a new thread about some subject you don't care about you would enjoy reading through it just to see some high quality posting.

But hey, feel free to try and look "cool" by saying most of everything is boring to you. You're just the cool kid on the side, who likes to be smarmy and make rather unfunny quips

I wasn't trying to look cool, just stating that most of the posts on here are pretty boring, something I've seen you say before as well.

You're a terrible poster.

This is subjective, seems like I've said this before....

Perhaps, given your limited ability to understand quality posting, you're not the best person to try and play judge of the quality of others.

Which is why I never did, ******.

Remember how when you were in elementary school, the teacher would make you break down parts of a sentence, telling the teacher which were nouns, which were verbs, etc? We should play that game now.

Here, Angel, I want you to break down this post into the parts which are opinion and which are fact. Let's see how well you can do. We'll all sit off to the side and pretend to be the cool kids. Expect an unfunny quip or two to come your way.

Nah, I'm good. You're too much of a ****** to pretend to be the cool kid anyways.

JGlass is just pissy I spent the past three days of the election pointing out that he didn't understand the rules of it. Now that he's grasping he didn't understand the rules, it's sour grapes time.

I'm sure his spam forum buddies will be in here telling me how cool they think I'm not. I'm heartbroken. :(

BTW, I'd take Slyfox, IDR, and shattered dreams's opinions over 50 of the bar room regulars. If you still haven't gotten the point, I'm not going for mass appeal here. I used to despise IDR and shattered dreams, they earned my respect through intelligent debate and well reasoned opinion, even when I disagreed with them. I don't care how much you can hur-hur with your buddies, that's easy and requires no thought. Gelgarin's pretty good at it. When I said I'm not writing for the bottom 50%, I did actually expect there to be around 50% of you.

I've always had time for Rayne. I can understand that sometimes his personality and writing style may annoy and/or alienate some posters, but surely the same can be said for posters of lower and higher(?) ability too. Rayne's posts are always good reads and I've told him this before, but I nearly always feel like I learn or understand something new when I read them.

Were some of his posts in the Final Poll thread a bit repetitive? To me, yes. Not as repetitive as the OTT "Dagger is shit" argument that was going back and forth between a lot of members who I think had probably all voted early on though.

Dumbass cunt.

For ruining my rep page with your measly three points of red. Nothing more than that. That's going to take a lot of work to get rid of. You could have put a better fucking comment!

Boy, I sure am glad I'm not emotionally invested in the forums.

Oh the parallel paths we take. I support your posting style that bores the regulars and impresses the few.
If I wanted to write for ignorant people who thought getting slapped on the back by their buddies was a substitute for intelligence, I would have stayed at the Telegram & Gazette. Now I work for myself. Living the dream!

If I wanted to write for ignorant people who thought getting slapped on the back by their buddies was a substitute for intelligence, I would have stayed at the Telegram & Gazette. Now I work for myself. Living the dream!

Hahahaha I love it.

JGlass is just pissy I spent the past three days of the election pointing out that he didn't understand the rules of it. Now that he's grasping he didn't understand the rules, it's sour grapes time.

I'm sure his spam forum buddies will be in here telling me how cool they think I'm not. I'm heartbroken. :(

BTW, I'd take Slyfox, IDR, and shattered dreams's opinions over 50 of the bar room regulars. If you still haven't gotten the point, I'm not going for mass appeal here.

I complimented you in this thread. Feel free to take it or leave it. I think you're a smart guy and generally have interesting posts, but you can be boring. Most people on here can, I mean, you can only read and write about professional wrestling for so long before things start to blur together and ideas become saturated, but if we were going to do something where we had a small group of elite posters have serious wrestling discussions, I'd probably stick you in there.

As for "me being pissy," I admitted to myself days ago that Dagger won the election fairly all without your help, thank you very much. In fact, right before the PM controversy broke, I believe I was the one to remind everyone that it was legal. I didn't like it, but it was legal.

Dagger followed the rules as they were written, though I can't help but feel that sending out PMs is like kicking another dude in the balls in a fight. You both know you could do it, but you don't knowing it would be unfair and devastating, and once someone kicks first, the other guy can't retaliate. As you can see, it went over as well as a kick in the balls.

And please, spare me the bullshit about not going for mass appeal. What makes you making a long and insightful post that 10 people will read through and enjoy better than me making a short and witty post that 50 will enjoy? Absolutely nothing. People are on here for their own reasons, mine is for entertainment, yours is for intellectual discourse. Neither one is any more or less important than the other.

And please, spare me the bullshit about not going for mass appeal. What makes you making a long and insightful post that 10 people will read through and enjoy better than me making a short and witty post that 50 will enjoy? Absolutely nothing. People are on here for their own reasons, mine is for entertainment, yours is for intellectual discourse. Neither one is any more or less important than the other.
The issue is that many posters in this thread are opposed to the idea of intellectual discourse in general, when it's not on their terms. I can take all the criticism for being long winded, for being boring, whatever. That just shows me that the people who are saying that have both a short attention span and a desire to gather attention for themselves.

God only knows, when I find something uninteresting, I go away and do something else. I don't know why people here seem to have to tell all their buddies they don't find something interesting. I'd like to think that if I posted something uninteresting, no one would have responded. As it turns out, you felt the need to create another thread as a result of the original thread. (Hey, I'm trending on WZ forums! Someone call the WWE.)

I'm big on one-liners. It's one of my favorite forms of humor. I don't post much in the spam forums here, cause honestly, they're full of mediocre posters stroking each other's cocks about how awesome they are, who react to anyone outside of their little circle with this hilarious xenophobic hostility, as if someone might come in who's cooler then they are. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone who can make a bunch of people laugh with a quick comment.

I'm not so high on someone who can make a comment to his buddies so they'll laugh reflexively to validate to each other that they belong to part of a group and aren't alone in life, so I suppose the issue here is in where we place the distinction.

Was that too long for people here? BTB, I don't care if you compliment me. This isn't a you-kissed-my-ass-so-I-should-kiss-yours proposition. I feel no reflexive responsibility for you kissing my ass.

For the people complaining about my vocabulary, I studied in high school. Deal with it.

I read it, I thought he was right. Your not going to bore me with a long post even though I dont really have the verbal capacity to make them. Repetitism on the other hand.

The issue is that many posters in this thread are opposed to the idea of intellectual discourse in general, when it's not on their terms. I can take all the criticism for being long winded, for being boring, whatever. That just shows me that the people who are saying that have both a short attention span and a desire to gather attention for themselves.

And... you don't see how self-absorbed that is? "If people don't like what I'm writing based on style, that makes them wrong, and me right."

I mean, I get it, you're not the only person on the forum who holds this belief, but the people who share that quality are a mix of the best and worst of what the forums have to offer.

God only knows, when I find something uninteresting, I go away and do something else. I don't know why people here seem to have to tell all their buddies they don't find something interesting. I'd like to think that if I posted something uninteresting, no one would have responded. As it turns out, you felt the need to create another thread as a result of the original thread. (Hey, I'm trending on WZ forums! Someone call the WWE.)

I thought it was funny. So did a bunch of other people, including an audience I wasn't targeting. Not to name drop, but I got my first Gelgarin rep for the first post in this thread. How's that for quality?

I'm big on one-liners. It's one of my favorite forms of humor. I don't post much in the spam forums here, cause honestly, they're full of mediocre posters stroking each other's cocks about how awesome they are, who react to anyone outside of their little circle with this hilarious xenophobic hostility, as if someone might come in who's cooler then they are. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone who can make a bunch of people laugh with a quick comment.

And I'm big on not judging people until you get the chance to know them. Clearly, your thinly veiled insults are wildly inaccurate, as I give every poster the chance to participate in the conversations I have in the bar room. Sometimes I start cold on people but gradually warm up (Rohan), some times I start warm and people and grow cold towards them (J4L, Rattlesnake), and sometimes I hit it off with random people out of nowhere and I enjoy what they do vastly (Dowds, nightmare).

Those weren't the names you were expecting? Were you expecting me to talk about how chummy I am with Crock and Coco and Tiger, and whoever else is on my cock stroking list?

I don't care if you don't appreciate what I do, because the people I do care about do appreciate what I do. On the flip side, I have no ill feelings towards you for what you do. Does that make me a better person than you? Short answer: Yes.

I'm not so high on someone who can make a comment to his buddies so they'll laugh reflexively to validate to each other that they belong to part of a group and aren't alone in life, so I suppose the issue here is in where we place the distinction.

I don't think that's what's going on here. I think people laugh at my comments because I'm hilarious. I hope they laugh at this, otherwise I won't feel validated. Tiger, make sure you quote this and post a picture of someone laughing.

Was that too long for people here? BTB, I don't care if you compliment me. This isn't a you-kissed-my-ass-so-I-should-kiss-yours proposition. I feel no reflexive responsibility for you kissing my ass.

I didn't kiss your ass, thank you very much, I paid you a compliment when I saw a compliment was fit to be given. I merely mentioned that as sort of an olive branch, an, "I don't have a problem with what you do, and I hope you realize that this thread was all in good humor," type of compliment. Does the fact that I'm so quick to make nice and you're so quick to make war make me a better person than you? Once again, the answer is a resounding yes.

For the people complaining about my vocabulary, I studied in high school. Deal with it.

This doesn't apply to me, but my OCD doesn't allow me to randomly cut out part of somebody's post.

So, in summary, I really have no problem with what you do, and it baffles me that you have a problem with what I do, considering it rarely, if ever, inconveniences you.

I also find it ironic that you make the cock stroking comment when Salv's mouth is securely wrapped around your schlong.

I don't post much in the spam forums here, cause honestly, they're full of mediocre posters stroking each other's cocks about how awesome they are, who react to anyone outside of their little circle with this hilarious xenophobic hostility, as if someone might come in who's cooler then they are. But that doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone who can make a bunch of people laugh with a quick comment.

The degree to which this astute observation rings true is astounding.

I also find it ironic that you make the cock stroking comment when Salv's mouth is securely wrapped around your schlong.

Rayne's posts today have been like a drop of water in a desert of mediocrity - I believe my exuberance is warranted. The fact that it annoys you is a nice bonus also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back