A thread for BrianBecker...

In the past two years when I have been watching WWE, Flair has sucked. Why would I want to view his old promos? Even if they were good, it wouldn't change how mind-numbingly boring his matches and promos are now.

That promo with Carlito was the most overrated promo ever.

he cant hold a candle to Sting, Hogan, Austin, and the Rock...

Aside from Sting, the rest as comparisons to wrestling ability are laughable.

Ok seriously Brian if you think his promio ability was terrible, you know nothing about wrestling.

As for HBK > Everyone. I agree if we are talking about stealing shows and in ring ability but he doesnt even come close to being the total package like Rock, Sting, Austin, Hogan etcc..

Which I was.

However, the total package of those? He can do more than they have. He's better than each of them.

Ive only been watching for 3 years and must say the Ultimate Ric Flair collection is the best DVD out theres loads of excellent matches and promos proves any doubters wrong

I know alot about wrestling history with my 3 years experience

Ok seriously Brian if you think his promio ability was terrible, you know nothing about wrestling.
Every promo i ever heard he screams like he is having an orgasm. I dont wanna hear a man scream during every promo...

what does that mean watch any NWA or early WCW Flair and prepare to be blown away by better in ring skills and more charisma than Hulk Hogan Flair was such a huge draw in the mid atlantic areas if it werent for poor buisness decisions Mcmahon and Hulk Hogan would never be able to have come close to that region or alot of the US for that matter

size and charisma can only take you so far it takes good booking something Hogan had loads of
I have. His matches are not entertaining, and imo he wasn't very charismatic.. All as he did was scream... Not charismatic imo.

Or was it because Bolle(Hogan) out drew Flair and NWA? and wasnt flair a huge draw because he only came on occasions?

Aside from Sting, the rest as comparisons to wrestling ability are laughable.
Comparing HBK to Hogan is a disgrace to the wrestling business. Hogan did more for the business in one year than HBK has in his entire life time... The Rock, Hogan, SCSA, and Sting could outdraw HBK. Crap i think HHH can outdraw HBK... I wont take away from HBK but IMO he is vastly overrated because he isnt someone you can build a company around.

Hogan is the greatest thing professional wrestling has ever seen... End of Story.... Next could be a toss up between Sting, Rock, and SCSA.

Comparing HBK to Hogan is a disgrace to the wrestling business. Hogan did more for the business in one year than HBK has in his entire life time... The Rock, Hogan, SCSA, and Sting could outdraw HBK. Crap i think HHH can outdraw HBK... I wont take away from HBK but IMO he is vastly overrated because he isnt someone you can build a company around.

Hogan is the greatest thing professional wrestling has ever seen... End of Story.... Next could be a toss up between Sting, Rock, and SCSA.

HBK is NOT over rated. He deserves every single piece of recognition he gets.

Comparing him to Hogan IS laughable, because Hogan has nothing on Shawn, he never has and he never will. You like him because he made you laugh. End of.

Shawn can do that and wrestle. Something Hogan has never grasped the concept of.

Comparing him to Hogan IS laughable, because Hogan has nothing on Shawn, he never has and he never will. You like him because he made you laugh. End of.

Shawn can do that and wrestle. Something Hogan has never grasped the concept of.

lol

Every promo i ever heard he screams like he is having an orgasm. I dont wanna hear a man scream during every promo...

I have. His matches are not entertaining, and imo he wasn't very charismatic.. All as he did was scream... Not charismatic imo.

Or was it because Bolle(Hogan) out drew Flair and NWA? and wasnt flair a huge draw because he only came on occasions?

Lawls its called energy just because hes not saying brother over and over doesnt make it bad

Im sure you havent because you wouldnt be saying that both his steamboat matches were great on there great with Dusty, Harley Race, Sting, Terry Funk and my favorite match on there with Barry Windham great stuff right there

OK Sly:thumbsup:

WWE was not able to book much outside of the northeast Ric Flair drew much better in the south and some of the midwest Flair was a great draw and worked every promotion because he was NWA champ he had to he was carrying the biggest title in wrestling at the time

However, the total package of those? He can do more than they have. He's better than each of them.

Austin, Rock, Sting and Hogan.

:lol:

He's probably my favorite of all time as well because of what he could do in the ring, out side of that. These guys beat him easily.

I'll find it and bump it, hopefully that will not be a problem because these are wastes of posts.

Old School Wrestling right?

Putting HBK in the same sentence with Hogan is laughable. Hogan was bigger, is bigger, and will always be bigger.

Hogan deserved everything he got. He grapsed the crowd into his matches, he also was an excellent heel and IMO it was one of the greatest heel runs in professional wrestling history.

Hogan can wrestle, moves mean jack shit, it is how you use them, and how effective they. He can work a crowd, and can out pop everyone... Just ask the Rock.

Lawls its called energy just because hes not saying brother over and over doesnt make it bad
Energy? Gimme a break, I can scream while public speaking, but that doesn't make me a good public speaker.

Im sure you havent because you wouldnt be saying that both his steamboat matches were great on there great with Dusty, Harley Race, Sting, Terry Funk and my favorite match on there with Barry Windham great stuff right there
The Windham and Dusty match was solid.. Windham is an underrated worker.

WWE was not able to book much outside of the northeast Ric Flair drew much better in the south and some of the midwest Flair was a great draw and worked every promotion because he was NWA champ he had to he was carrying the biggest title in wrestling at the time
Bollea(Hogan) and Vince Mcmahon made the WWE a nationwide program... Yep McMahon had a plan and used Bollea because of Charisma and name recognition.. :thumbsup:

Putting HBK in the same sentence with Hogan is laughable. Hogan was bigger, is bigger, and will always be bigger.

Hogan deserved everything he got. He grapsed the crowd into his matches, he also was an excellent heel and IMO it was one of the greatest heel runs in professional wrestling history.

Hogan can wrestle, moves mean jack shit, it is how you use them, and how effective they. He can work a crowd, and can out pop everyone... Just ask the Rock.

You're saying it as if Shawn can't do all of this, and usually to a better standard as well. Shawn can make the crowd believe anything he wants. He has produced the most heat I have ever seen, and entertain the fans no matter what he does.

You're saying it as if Shawn can't do all of this, and usually to a better standard as well. Shawn can make the crowd believe anything he wants. He has produced the most heat I have ever seen, and entertain the fans no matter what he does.

Have you ever seen Hogans heel run? He turned on the crowd with a snap of a finger, and was able to gain his fans back...

Putting HBK in the same sentence as Hogan is laughable. Hogan is the biggest name the WWE has ever seen. Michaels is lucky to make the top 5...

he also was an excellent heel and IMO it was one of the greatest heel runs in professional wrestling history.

Energy? Gimme a break, I can scream while public speaking, but that doesn't make me a good public speaker.

The Windham and Dusty match was solid.. Windham is an underrated worker.

Bollea(Hogan) and Vince Mcmahon made the WWE a nationwide program... Yep McMahon had a plan and used Bollea because of Charisma and name recognition..

Hollywood Hogan was a great heel but what made him a great heel to me was the degree of realism in it he literally lived the role

Diamonds are forever and so is the nature boy chea

Windham match was excellent Barry Windham is great Sting match was good too

Hulk Hogan became the HUGEdraw after mid atlantic went down Flair and the NWA could have easily competed with the WWE if poor buisness decisions hadnt been made, Hogan was a big draw but wouldnt have sold in the south or midwest until the NWA went down a bit Flair was drawing absolutely everywhere he went while Hogan was only drawing in the Northeast at that time

Jesus Christ, I posted that thread and yall aren't going to use it?

Your just wasting posts counts, and remember post counts mean everything:rolleyes:

Hollywood Hogan was a great heel but what made him a great heel to me was the degree of realism in it he literally lived the role

Diamonds are forever and so is the nature boy chea

Windham match was excellent Barry Windham is great Sting match was good too

Hulk Hogan became the HUGEdraw after mid atlantic went down Flair and the NWA could have easily competed with the WWE if poor buisness decisions hadnt been made, Hogan was a big draw but wouldnt have sold in the south or midwest until the NWA went down a bit Flair was drawing absolutely everywhere he went while Hogan was only drawing in the Northeast at that time
but McMahon and Hogan were making the WWE a nationwide promotion, apparently they were drawing, and people wanted to see them.

I siad this before and i will say it again, Flair could not lick the crap off of hogans boots... Hogan did more for wrestling than Flair ever has.

Have you ever seen Hogans heel run? He turned on the crowd with a snap of a finger, and was able to gain his fans back...

Putting HBK in the same sentence as Hogan is laughable. Hogan is the biggest name the WWE has ever seen. Michaels is lucky to make the top 5...

Hogan, I aren't denying was a great heel. I aren't denying what he could do to an audience. Yet he couldn't wrestle. My point is Shawn can do both of these things.

Top 5?! Are you kidding me? IMO Shawn is right up there in Top spot. When people talk about wrestling, Hogan may come up into the conversation, but think about how many things he's done that aren't about wrestling e.g Film and television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back