The Heisman is a joke

He should be there over McCoy and Tebow but Ingram and Gerhart both had better seasons and Suh is the most dominating college defender since Charles Woodson.

How many Texas games did you watch exactly to say that Colt doesn't even deserve to be there? I'm guessing one, and it was last Saturday.

I forget who was arguing with me in the beginning of the year when I said Dion Lewis will be amazing... Yeah, shove it kindly.. :)

Not me. I didn't even know who he was until the Notre Dame game. He's the closest thing to Barry Sanders since Chris Johnson. :lmao:

How many Texas games did you watch exactly to say that Colt doesn't even deserve to be there? I'm guessing one, and it was last Saturday.

I actually watched quite a few games. Ingram, Spiller, Suh, and Gerhart all just had better years. I would make Colt the 5th guy over Tebow though.

I forget who was arguing with me in the beginning of the year when I said Dion Lewis will be amazing... Yeah, shove it kindly.. :)

He's better then I thought. I'll admit that. He reminds me a lot of Mike Hart.
To be fair, in this same debate you said Cincinnati had no shot at winning the Big East. No one's perfect....... But I'm pretty damn close

I actually watched quite a few games. Ingram, Spiller, Suh, and Gerhart all just had better years. I would make Colt the 5th guy over Tebow though.

That's a valid argument. There is something to be said for dealing with expectations and the pressure they bring, and no one did that like Colt McCoy, especially considering Texas' lack of a consistent running game. Jesus is either 300 or 30, and you never knew what you were going to get.
[/quote]

LOL, you also said something about Baldwin not being good... Yeah you were pretty much wrong there too... You also said something about Dorin Dickerson.. You were pretty much wrong there too...

LOL, you also said something about Baldwin not being good... Yeah you were pretty much wrong there too... You also said something about Dorin Dickerson.. You were pretty much wrong there too...

Just went and looked back at my responses. I never said Baldwin wasn't good, all I said was that you were talking him up big when he only had 400 yards receiving the previous year. The qb played better this year so his numbers went up. I also never even mentioned Dickerson's name. Lewis was the only thing I was wrong about.

LOL @ the Cincinnati and WVU comment. Cincy practically lost there entire defense and the majority of their offense. Pitt has owned WVU the last 2 years

How'd that work out for you?

They lost because they decided to kick a 53 yd field goal...

O well.. Kelly is all but gone.. The Big East is officially ours.

This is pretty much how that Cinci game went.. We have to do everything in our power and not let Pitt win. They'll get the SEC loser and scared of another goose egg... Not good for business..

This is pretty much how that Cinci game went.. We have to do everything in our power and not let Pitt win. They'll get the SEC loser and scared of another goose egg... Not good for business..

Pitt lost, get over it. Stop with the conspiracy theory bullshit. Maybe if your team could hold onto leads of 21 in the 2nd quarter and 14 in the 4th quarter or if your special teams was capable of converting an extra point in crunch time then you would have won.

They had that all but won.. But hey, that was a late hit out of bounds when he was still mostly in bounds and its a case of momentum. That was also a PI call on Jovanni Chappel especially when he was turned around without using hands. Or Pike keeps scrambling and they kept yanking Romeus down but hey that's not holding but dude keeps his hands infront of him and its holding on Pitt. Those refs took that game away from them.. It's pretty much how the refs took the game from Nebraska... Questionable call after questionable call... Lets add a second on when the ball didn't hit anything out of bounds... We can't allow Pitt or Nebraska win and have TCU play in the title game.. Just can't do it.

They had that all but won.. But hey, that was a late hit out of bounds when he was still mostly in bounds and its a case of momentum. That was also a PI call on Jovanni Chappel especially when he was turned around without using hands. Or Pike keeps scrambling and they kept yanking Romeus down but hey that's not holding but dude keeps his hands infront of him and its holding on Pitt. Those refs took that game away from them.. It's pretty much how the refs took the game from Nebraska... Questionable call after questionable call... Lets add a second on when the ball didn't hit anything out of bounds... We can't allow Pitt or Nebraska win and have TCU play in the title game.. Just can't do it.

How did the refs take the game from Nebraska? By not calling holding on their defense all night?

If we had a "make excuses" tournament, you would be top dog.

I thought Texas getting an extra second was bullshit, but there were no major calls in the Pitt game that swung it in either teams favor. I watched the whole game and counted at least 2 or 3 missed pass interference calls on the Pitt secondary so there were some calls missed both ways. Pitt lost because they choked away big leads, it's as simple as that.

How did the refs take the game from Nebraska? By not calling holding on their defense all night?

If we had a "make excuses" tournament, you would be top dog.

Here Colt you threw the ball out of bounds.. We'll give you an extra second...

I thought Texas getting an extra second was bullshit, but there were no major calls in the Pitt game that swung it in either teams favor. I watched the whole game and counted at least 2 or 3 missed pass interference calls on the Pitt secondary so there were some calls missed both ways. Pitt lost because they choked away big leads, it's as simple as that.

How was it bullshit? It was clear to the naked eye, without the replay that the ball was down.

You guys may hate Texas because they're better than your school at everything, but instead of bringing them all the way down to your level, maybe you should try to catch up.

I'll say this. I think there was, technically, a second left on the clock when the ball hit the ground, but I have seen WAAAY to many games end in that same fashion, and I can't help but ask myself:

"If the situations were reversed, and it was Nebraska who needed that extra second, and that extra second might have cost Texas a BCS Title Game...would the same call have been made?"

The only questionable pass interference call was when Pike under threw the dude by like 10 yards. Labeling it as uncatchable.

They got call for twice as many penalties but it's never holding when they're throwing Romeus and Sheard to the ground or when Pike throws the ball away with no receiver anywhere near him but that isn't intentional grounding either... :rolleyes: They had that game taken away from them.. Simple as that.

We'll never know, but replay did it's job.

I would argue that the play was replayed due to the magnitude of the game as opposed to other games, which still isn't right, but the second was clearly there.

We'll never know, but replay did it's job.

I would argue that the play was replayed due to the magnitude of the game as opposed to other games, which still isn't right, but the second was clearly there.
We'll never know, but I have my doubts. And I don't blame Bo Pelini one bit.

The only questionable pass interference call was when Pike under threw the dude by like 10 yards. Labeling it as uncatchable.

Were you watching the same game as everyone else?

They got call for twice as many penalties but it's never holding when they're throwing Romeus and Sheard to the ground or when Pike throws the ball away with no receiver anywhere near him but that isn't intentional grounding either... They had that game taken away from them.. Simple as that.

You are really going to argue fucking holding calls. That's why you lost? Because you thought someone was being held? Please give me something better then that garbage.

Holding, Pass interferences, the discrepancies in penalties called on the home team. Most teams at home do not get called for twice as many penalties, especially at home...8 penalties and only like 2 were visible....Pike went 3 and out, lets call defensive holding so its an automatic first down but the opposition only gains five yards..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back