Theo's Fantasy Football Thread

Theo Mays

Part Time Poster
I'm a big fantasy nut. I enjoy all aspects of fantasy sports, but there is none I enjoy more than fantasy football. There is just something about drafting your favorite players and finding the sleepers that can help win you a championship. In this thread I'll be providing my rankings of players at each position and at the end I'll provide some people I see as potential sleepers or busts. Of course any input from the gallery or even rankings and stuff would be excellent. So it is time to get your chance to rip me apart, as I will start this bad boy off with my rankings of the top 10 players in fantasy football for this upcoming season.

1. Chris Johnson
-Tough call to make, as there are really two options for number one. Now don't get me wrong you can't go wrong with the number two guy, but I think CJ is the number 1 fantasy option. How can he not be considered the number 1 guy after the year he had last year. Johnson's speed changes the game and he is the guy the Titans revolve around.

My 2010 projections: 1,650 yards, 12 TD, 45 rec, 475 yds, TD

2. Adrian Peterson
-He could easily be considered the number 1 fantasy guy or even 1b, as it was a tough call between him and CJ. The one knack on AD is his fumbling problem. However I don't see that as that big of a deal, as his numbers will make up for that. With or without Favre, Peterson is the guy in Minnesota and will produce.

My 2010 projections: 1,525 yards, 15 TD, 35 rec, 410 yds, TD

3. Maurice Jones-Drew
-MJD took over as the guy in J-Ville and did a hell of a job. Pocket Hercules can do a little bit of everything and is the clear cut guy behind AD and CJ. Plus he is a fantasy football lover and you gotta think he is a guy who wouldn't want to let down his owners, can't go wrong with that.

My 2010 projections: 1,420 yards, 17 TD, 55 rec, 375 yds, 2 TD

4. Ray Rice
-Talking about bursting onto the scene. Last year Rice was one of the prime sleepers in the land. This year he has himself landed as a top fantasy option. Rice is poor man's MJD (though he is almost on the same level). Rice was Baltimore's go to guy and while his receiving numbers will see a dropoff with Boldin, his rushing stats should remain similar.

My 2010 projections: 1,375 yards, 10 TD, 50 rec, 610 yds, 2 TD

5. Michael Turner
-Turner had an injury plague season last year, but still put up decent numbers with 871 yards and 10 TD. Turner isn't going to have much effect in the receiving game, but will be a star in the run game. I'd expect Turner to return to form and put up some solid fantasy numbers and be a star fantasy back.

My 2010 projections: 1,450 yds, 13 TD, 10 rec, 60 yds

6. Frank Gore
-Gore has been one of the more consistent backs in the league since taking over for the Niners. He has put up 1,000 yards the last 4 seasons, though since breaking 1,600 yards Gore has barely broke the 1,000 yard mark. Some of that is due to missing some games and the fact the Niners struggled. Now Coach Singeltary wants to run the rock and Gore's production should increase.

My 2010 projections: 1,400 yards, 11 TD, 45 rec, 425 yds, 3 TD

7. Andre Johnson
-Andre has been the best WR in terms of fantasy for the last couple seasons and I can't see that changing now. Schaub has a special connection with Johnson and it should seem as if they will continue the hookup.

My 2010 projections: 105 rec, 1,650 yds, 11 TD

8. Rashard Mendenhall
-Mendenhall gains a bump in the ranks due to the fact Pitt will be missing their QB, Ben Roethlishberger due to suspension. Mendenhall should see a bulk of the carries and should see an up in production. The real question will be if Pitt overworks him or not. I don't see that happening with a solid backup in Mewelde Moore.

My 2010 projections: 1,350 yds, 11 TD, 30 rec, 300 yds, TD

9. Ryan Mathews

-Now you may have thought I have lost my mind, but this kid is poised for a fantastic rookie season out of SD. The Bolts cut their ties with LT and they drafted Mathews in 1st round. Mathews will share the load with Darren Sproles, but I expect Mathews to be the top rookie this year and it will start once he takes off and makes a name for himself early on.

My 2010 projections: 1,345 yards, 9 TD, 15 rec, 125 yds

10. Aaron Rodgers

Certainly not the best QB in football, but he certainly is the best fantasy QB. Rodgers has all the weapons on offense to be a top flight fantasy QB and continue his reign as one of the top fantasy QB. And with the Packers look more and more like a contender, it could ride on Rodgers to have a fantastic season.

My 2010 projections: 4,450 yds, 34 TD, 10 INT, 210 rush yds, 3 TD

I will continue this for this with updates for each position, starting with my top 15 QB. Enjoy :)

I think you have lost your mind Mr. Theo. Now I agree Matthews will have a fabulous season but number 9 overall is probably the biggest sretch I have ever heard. I hope you get 9th pick if you were in my league so you can take him in the first round.

Now I feel Ryan Matthews is not even a top 30 player, as he is unproven, and if he struggles early on, San Diego will not even hesitate and hand the load over to Sproles and led him develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back