30 day song challenge

Day 18- A song you wish you heard on the radio

Well, like I said I don't listen to much radio, but it seems like the big name bands that get a lot of playtime don't get some of their lesser known songs played. My favorite song of The Police is So Lonely, but it hardly ever gets played.

[YOUTUBE]fQ1sTL_TYUM[/YOUTUBE]

Day 2 - Least Favourite Song
There are so many songs that I hate. So this is a hard one for me. I'll go with this.

[YOUTUBE]2NQIPVqLMUg[/YOUTUBE]​

A friend of mine loves classic and soft rock. I despise it. This is just the embodiment of how bad it is. I hate this song because of it's dull, hollow lyrics, the piano-led music and the singer's voice just annoys me. Various covers last year led to it's resurgence (to the point where it hit #6 in the UK Singles Chart). That annoys me.

Day 22-A song that you listen to when your sad.

3 Doors Down-Here Without You.

[YOUTUBE]kPBzTxZQG5Q[/YOUTUBE]

I don't know why I listen to this song when I'm sad. I just know it's a beautiful song and I like it.

Day 23-Song That I Want To Play At My Wedding.

Bon Jovi-Born To Be My Baby.

[YOUTUBE]Ahf2B_eZUc4[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, I'm doing another Bon Jovi song. I know not everybody likes them but I do. This is a great Love Song sang by Bon Jovi that fits just right into a wedding. The line "You were born to be my baby, and I was made to be your man," is the exact feelings/thoughts that I want to share with who I get married to because it will be absolutely true. Any couple on the verge of getting married should be able to relate to this song easily.

Day 19- A song from your favorite album

GAH! I am of two schools of thought when it comes to my favorite album. On the one hand you have Californication, which is an almost perfect album save for about 3 songs. On the other hand you have By The Way where every song is a good song, but it's really lacking a GREAT song. Right now I'm in a Californication type of mood, so I'm going to introduce you to my favorite song off of that album, and it's an oft overlooked one because it is overshadowed by such classics as Scar Tissue, Otherside, Californication, Around the World, Parallel Universe... goddamn that's a great fucking album.

[YOUTUBE]ZKapVmknD74[/YOUTUBE]

It's got that funky bass line, a ROCKING guitar part, great drums, and Kedis rocks it on the mic yet again. This song is easily (pun?) in my top 3 of Red Hot Chili Peppers songs along with Under The Bridge and Soul to Squeeze.

Also, Seth, I lied to you in rep. I picked Don't Stop Believing for another day, but I also can't fucking stand that song.

Day 21: A Song You Listen To When You're Happy

The Lonely Island ft Akon- I Just Had Sex

[YOUTUBE]lQlIhraqL7o[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not usually the happiest person, So this is the longest I've ever had to sit and actually think of a song for this thing. After a lot of thought, however, the one time I can always count on being happy is after sex so of course, this brilliant piece of music came to mind.

I'm obsessed with comedy. I will sit and watch Stand Up for hours before I'll put in any kind of Drama or Action flick. Laughing is the only thing I can say never fails to lift my spirits, and I love to do it. This song is funny as shit, mainly just hearing Akon sing about this kind of shit. That's all I really have to say about that.

Day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar
[YOUTUBE]boanuwUMNNQ[/YOUTUBE]

I fucking love to drink to this song. It's so fun to try and sing when you are drunk, and sometimes no matter ware I am this song usualy comes on. Never when I've just started drinking either, when I'm fucking plastered. It's just a great party song, because to me it's a really upbeat song.

Day 24-A song you want to be played at your funeral.

Joshua Radin-Winter.

[YOUTUBE]cHlf08yTPiU[/YOUTUBE]

This was kind of tough because you know I don't really sit around thinking about my funeral all day long. Honestly I heard and was introduced to this song on Scrubs and thought it was a good song. This is a song I would like to be played at my funeral.

Day 3 - A Song That Makes You Happy
This was a thinker as a generally listen to music that is... well, not happy. Nevertheless, after some thinking, I realised there was at least one. This is it...

[YOUTUBE]r4p8qxGbpOk[/YOUTUBE]

It's just a great song. It's beautiful, uplifting and inspiring. This is The Beatles at the height of their hippy phase (you could probably tell just from the video). The concept of love is a vast one which varies in definition. I love the way the concept is just summed up in the words "all you need is love". It's brilliant in it's simplicity.

I'll do this. late as hell but hey, thats me.

Day 1: Your favorite song

Outkast-Aquemini

[YOUTUBE]2pjHlizcXI8[/YOUTUBE]

This has always been my favorite song since the first time I ever heard it and it will always be my favorite song. The words are nothing but truth.

Day 20- A song you listen to when you're angry

It depends what I'm angry about. For most thing it's probably metal or Sum41's Does This Look Infected, an entire album of morbid teenage angst. However, I don't get angry very often, I'm a pretty laid back dude. The only times I get upset is when I have lady troubles, and there is no man who knows how to call a bitch as elegantly as Bob Dyaln.

[YOUTUBE]mMGKIGpD1tk[/YOUTUBE]

Firstly, this is as good as folk rock gets. It just doesn't get any better than this, guitar, vocals, it's perfect. It's exactly the type of music that brings you down from being pissed and drops you right into the depressed stage, which is exactly where you're meant to be after tough lady troubles. This particular song isn't as mean as some of his other songs, but it is pretty cold. "I ain't saying you treated me unkind. You could have done better, but I don't mind. You just sorta wasted my precious time. Don't think twice it's alright." Don't you wish you could say that to a chick that you broke your back for only to have her treat you like shit?

day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
Metallica-For Whom The Bell Tolls (live)
[YOUTUBE]ztk1V4utYdA[/YOUTUBE]

I don't really know what I lisiten to when I'm sad. Because I'm constantly playing music, I lisiten to just about everything that I normally do when I'm sad. I was pretty depressed 3 or 4 days ago. I stumbled upon this song, and it's a live playing. I enjoy live versions because you can allways get a good laugh from some of the goofy things they do. I will admit that this is a horrible live playing, but robert's faces live are fucking priceless.

Day 1 - My Favorite Song

A newer song by my favorite band, Bullet for my Valentine. I don't know, it just really pumps me up.

[YOUTUBE]6XEPXYwd0yY[/YOUTUBE]

Fuck I was about to submit my reply but I hit the "home" botton. Anywya I have some catching uo to do:

Day 19- A song from your favorite album​

I don't have ONE favorite album, I have a couple but let me put the first that came into my mind after a while of thinking: Megadeth's "Dialectic chaos" from their album "Endgame"

[YOUTUBE]C-5aPBPDS34[/YOUTUBE]​

A short yet amazing instrumetal song done by Megadeth's own Dave Mustaine and their new and awesome guitarist Chris Broderick. Since Marty Friedman, Megadeth hasn't had a better metal guitar player as Broderick.

Day 20- A song you listen to when you're angry​

Slipknot "Snuff"

[YOUTUBE]LXEKuttVRIo[/YOUTUBE]​

Musically it isn't agressive but the lyrics express alot of frustration, anger and reproach. Something that I've been feeling identified alot lately. It is an epic song full of anger.

Day 25: A song that makes you laugh.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Dani California.

[YOUTUBE]Sb5aq5HcS1A[/YOUTUBE]

I thought this video was hilirious when it first came out. I Loved the song but the video was just hilarious and always made me laugh. I love the impersonations/parodies of the other bands. I realize now they are doing it as a tribute to the other bands. But anytime I see this video it makes me smile.

Day 2 - Your least favorite song

I don't listen to music that I don't like, obviously, but I'm just not a Green Day fan at all and this song just really gets on my nerves. Not entirely sure why, but it does.

[YOUTUBE]Xic-5zTsW_k[/YOUTUBE]

Day 21- A song you listen to when you're happy

I'll listen to anything when I'm happy, but there are a few songs that you play and just sort of have a happy vibe about them. For one reason or another, this is the song that comes to mind when I think of a happy song.

[YOUTUBE]M-vBd-r_Pww[/YOUTUBE]

You know how sometimes you just want to move around and get shit done when you're feeling happy? This is a great getting shit done song. It's got that sweet drum line, a fun chorus, and just a nice, friendly sound about it.

Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep

Ok, so I hit two days in a row, then missed two. Seems par for the course. Let me qualify here by saying that I CANT go to sleep without music, so I could sleep to almost anything. Drives my wife nuts, so it has to be something we both like. Fortunately, Ill listen to just about anything, and she actually found this one awhile back for us.

[YOUTUBE]vMRs0jQQAE8[/YOUTUBE]

I could have gone with a number of artists here, as I have a section designated on our Ipod/DreamMaker thats specifically for at night. At any other time of the day, I probably couldn' listen to Imogen Heap, unless I was at my office. But the song is relaxing, as is most of the music in her collection, and I enjoy her for what she is. Plus it appeases my wife, and if it were up to her, we'ld either be listening to this type of music, or rap, so complain too much I do not .;)

Day 2 - Your least favorite song

I hated this song when it came out, still hate it now, and will always hate it. It's one of the worst songs ever. There's tons of songs that I hate, but this one has to be the least favorite

[YOUTUBE]rog8ou-ZepE[/YOUTUBE]

Day 11: A Song From Your Favorite Band

Can a band still be your favorite even if they're not together anymore and all members are still alive? Yes? Good, just checking!

[YOUTUBE]Ke-r2K0ymWc[/YOUTUBE]

Probably their most popular song, and hands down the BEST song Ive ever heard live. There are few experiences in this world like seeing Live in concert, and i won't get into the others in here. ;) Ive seen them in Pittsburgh, Ive seen em in Philly, heck, Ive even seen them in New Jersey. I saw them the night before my cousin's wedding in Jersey, got lost driving back, and missed the wedding, and it was worth it. I was young, must of first gotten my license, and I drove out there to stay with my best friend, who had recently moved there. We were both huge Live fans, and had been planning on seeing them for months. They didn't disapoint, as they're the epitome of showmen. I also got high for the firs time that night, quite by osmosis, because 75% of the people at the outdoor arena were, incuding the two girls we went with. One of the best nights of my life, and they didnt disapoint the other times I saw them as well. I loved them beforehand, and they becaame my favorite after that night, and have remained so for the last 12 years.

Day 22- A song that you play when you're sad

I can't remember if I brought this up in this thread or another one, but a buddy of mine died in my junior year of high school, and there were two songs I listened to over and over. One was D'Yer Mak'er, and After the Goldrush was the other. It spoke to me at the time, I don't know if it still would now, but the whole song reminds me of that time, and because of that it will forever have a stigma of sadness for me.

[YOUTUBE]tii--VSDCrc[/YOUTUBE]

day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
Metallica-Enter Sandman (Smooth Jazz Version)
[YOUTUBE]OBmM79YadYM[/YOUTUBE]

I made a pact with my future best man and my best friend Dillan that I would play this at my Wedding if he played it at his. I have a pretty good idea on how I would get it to both of our Weddings, and we have both agreed to play it for our first dance at the reception. I can't wait to be honest, it's going to be funny as shit. This all came out of a joke and kind of accident, I originally said I wanted him to play Enter Sandman at his wedding reception. About two or three days later he was just fucking around on Project playlist and played this. We both started laughing and I yelled out this! And he asked what? I said I want this played at your wedding, and we both agreed on it that we would. So here is to funny storys, and accidents!

Day 12: A song from the band you hate.

JLS: The club is alive

[YOUTUBE]YiunXTVBOe0[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the long delay, been on holidays recently, and just haven't had the heart or mindset to post. But I'm back. Well, I hate JLS. There music is terrible and their only following, teenage girls like them for their looks and couldn't give a shit about their music. There just like any pop boy band out there today, it's all about the looks, not the music. So this is my least favorite of their song, I don't mind their ballads that much, but this sucks ass. The music, the half assed singing and the video. If it wasn't for the X-Factor, they'd be no-where and that's another thing I dislike about them.

Day 3: A song that makes you happy.

Has to be beat it by MJ. It was the song that always made me want to do the video dance. It even got me into playing guitar hero because i hated it until the one with beat it came out and i played it and was hooked. that's my shit!

[YOUTUBE]oRdxUFDoQe0[/YOUTUBE]

Day 22: A Song You Listen To When You're Sad

It's taken me a few days to do this because frankly, I just couldn't think of anything that worked for me. I don't necessarily listen to music when I'm sad. So I suppose I'll go with this.

Weezer- Perfect Situation

[YOUTUBE]WgR-l3fhygw[/YOUTUBE]

The only reason I ever listen to music when I'm sad would be to cheer myself up. This song usually lifts my spirits up a bit. I couldn't begin to explain why, but the sound of the music and the tone of the lyrics just tends to make me smile. Sorry, that's all I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back