30 day song challenge

Day 10- A song that makes you fall asleep

I usually can't fall asleep to music, but there is one part of one song that I often find myself drifting off to: the second half of Layla.

[YOUTUBE]0WUdlaLWSVM[/YOUTUBE]

It's an absolutely beautiful piano part, but it's very relaxing and it sometimes makes my eyelids heavy. You can rock out to half of this song and mellow out to the other half, and the mellow part sometimes does its job too well.

Day 8: A Song You Know All The Words To

Tech N9ne ft Krayzie Bone & K-Dean- Midwest Choppers 2

[YOUTUBE]_pA4O8ZGbHA[/YOUTUBE]

There are plenty of songs I know all of the words to, hell, there are CDs I know all of the words to. But this song is what instantly came to mind as it's the only song I intentionally sat down and listened to for hours just so I could spit every word to it.

I'll admit, I stumble a word or 2 every once in a while on Krayzie's verse(the second,) but I can do K-Dean and Tech's verse on command. This is my absolute favorite speedy rap song to listen to.

Day 4: A song that makes you sad

Right, so Ive missed a week of this or so, but Im just going to pick up where I left off! There are two songs really in the running here, but the Mad World cover by Gary Jules ultimately didnt make the cut, because of this song. If you havent heard that one, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

[YOUTUBE]QKstfgGFKqE[/YOUTUBE]

Without worrying that people will come at me with pitchforks to burn me alive, I hate Avenged Sevenfold. Nothing personal, I just don't like most of their music. This song is a different story. The epic description of missing one thats passed on is done brilliantly here. Unfortunately, it also makes me think of family and friends Ive simply lost too soon. Yeah, Im a sap, but I tear up almost every time I hear this song. The refrain with just the music and then the singing at the end is masterfully done, and it almost feels like theyre giving the listener a chance to reflect about the loss in their life. It works, because I always do and am usually saddened when this happens. A beautiful song that also makes me sad as can be.

Day 9- A Song You Can Dance To

[YOUTUBE]xwhBRJStz7w[/YOUTUBE]​

I don't like industrial rock/metal/music so I'm not sure why I do like Nine inch nails's "The hand that feeds", and even worse, why I want to dance when I listen to this song. It has a great beat, an interesting guitar riff, but an excellent break/bridges done with keyborads.

BTW: I'm latino so it's in my genes to be a good dancer ;). I actually do know how to dance some salsa. Story for another time...

Day 9-Song that you can dance to.

Chris Brown: Forever

[YOUTUBE]5sMKX22BHeE[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks to The Office and the Wedding video online I can't get this song out of my head. And I want to dance to it all the time.

Since I apparently didn't do this yesterday
Day10- A song you can sleep to
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs-Fall Out Boy

[YOUTUBE]onzL0EM1pKY[/YOUTUBE]
This song has the weirdest effect on me. I would be wide awake, the I'd hear this and want to fall asleep. It always happens. Other songs don't do that.

Now for something else
Day 11-A song from your favorite band
Cyanide-Metallica

[YOUTUBE]xUMqqVOlJBs[/YOUTUBE]
I love Metallica. They have been my favorite since I first heard the Black Album. This is my favorite off their "new" album. It sounds so good.

Day 9: A song that you can dance to:

The Macarena-Los Del Rio.

[YOUTUBE]sN62PAKoBfE[/YOUTUBE]

Man I suck majorly at dancing. I have no moves whatsoever. No rhythm in my body at all. I find dancing solace in this song, the Macarena. Song isn't great, but it has a dance even I can do. I used to dance this all the time on holidays, as it was a huge hit at the place we were staying so they played it like twice a night. So yeah, this is the only song I can dance too, and that's a pretty pathetic thing...haha.

Day 9: A song that you can dance to:

The Macarena-Los Del Rio.

[YOUTUBE]sN62PAKoBfE[/YOUTUBE]

Man I suck majorly at dancing. I have no moves whatsoever. No rhythm in my body at all. I find dancing solace in this song, the Macarena. Song isn't great, but it has a dance even I can do. I used to dance this all the time on holidays, as it was a huge hit at the place we were staying so they played it like twice a night. So yeah, this is the only song I can dance too, and that's a pretty pathetic thing...haha.

Christ, you just brought back memories of going over to Spain with my family, and listening to this fucking song being played every night at the hotel for two weeks. I didn't mind it at the start tho, but it got very, very annoying.

Day 9 A song you can fall asleep to
Anyway, I don't fall asleep to music. But I'ld imagine I'ld fall asleep to this.

[youtube]2Ee2tnk46Wo[/youtube]

If you listen to the album version it's 17 minutes long. I have yet to listen to it. I would more than likley fall asleep. Atleast I know tomorrow's challenge will be easy. :)

Day 5: A Song that makes You Think of Someone

It's hit midnight here, right, so I figured Id dive into this one. This song is one that I can at least say isn't in my collection.

[YOUTUBE]qqU9-0uuGAU[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, so I was really hoping that I wouldnt have to use Far Away or any other Nickelback song throughout here unless it fell into the "hate" category. But this song is the first thing tbat came to mind, and it made me think of my ex Melissa. We had an interesting relationship, and she was of the dynamic that not only did she need music to fall asleep, she liked to be sang to sleep. And guess what song she wanted me to sing her to sleep to the most? Yeah, you got it. Its not a terrible song really, just a terrible band. But it gives me memories of a woman that I had a great time with for the most part 5 years ago, and I didnt mind knowing the lyrics of this song to appease her. I couldnt listen to this song for a long time after we ended things, because Im a puss and would cry when I heard it. Even when I hear it now, it takes me back to that time and place when i held her and sang to her until either she or I fell asleep. My wife knows this, and if were together when this song plays(and it still doews where I live), shes now the one who changes the channel as a result. ;) But it definitely reminds me of Melissa and the tme we spent together, which I look at as q good time for the most part in my life, although Im glad it didnt work out in the end.

Day 9: A Song You Can Dance To

Tech N9ne- O.G.

[YOUTUBE]k6CWOsRXee0[/YOUTUBE]

I know, a lot of Tech N9ne songs right? He's my favorite rapper and probably puts out the music I listen to the most.

Now I don't really dance at all, but this song makes me move whether I want to or not. Every time I hear this shit I can't help but bust out the whitest, weakest Blood Walk of all time.

This song has gotten a lot of flack because they say Tech is going mainstream. I call bullshit. How the fuck is making a song about a local Barbecue Joint that no one else in the country knows about going to appeal to the mainstream?

Gates is the bomb though.

Day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep

[YOUTUBE]ZwJvUbcC79A[/YOUTUBE]​

A beatiful ballad from Opeth. Opeth can be fucking death metal, but man when they want to be melodic, they sure can! :worship: I love this song, the female vocals are PERFECT. It has this vision, this atmosphere so oneiric: "and I can see you running through the fields of sorrow". It's perfect song to have a dream. Beatiful song.

Day 10-A song that you can fall asleep to.

Creed-Lullaby

[YOUTUBE]BeyjTtkvDwk[/YOUTUBE]

Wow, I pulled out my Creed album a couple days ago for the first time in a really long time and started listening to it again. I heard this song and just wanted to fall asleep. It was actually soothing. There are a couple of Creed songs that I could probably play and fall asleep to but this one is the best. By the way I probably just showed you guys how lame I can be.

Day 11-A song from your favorite band

[youtube]i_2mWhfOhGU[/youtube]

From their debut album Definitely Maybe, It's Live Forever by Oasis, unfortunately they didn't Live Forever :disappointed:.

I think Oasis were the last band of modern times that were proper rock 'n roll soul. They are up there with The Stones, The Beatles, Queen, and The Who with authenticity and originality. Don't get me wrong, there are new bands that are good, but they're just not quite 'there' these days, if that makes any sense to you.

day 11 - a song from your favorite band
Devildriver- Black soul Choir
[YOUTUBE]NlRtG9ls3Ig[/YOUTUBE]
I fucking love Devildriver, I have since I first got ahold of the band. I've never had a gripe about any song they've made. I've liked them all, and trust me when I say all. I have every cd setting in my room Atm, and I'm waiting on a signed copy from the guitarists as we speak.

Day 12-a song by your least favorite band
Black Eyed Peas-My Humps

[YOUTUBE]4m48GqaOz90[/YOUTUBE]
I just cannot stand these people. I also don't like this song. They are overhyped and have bad songs. They remind me of Justin Beiber. Overhyped, and sounds like 8-year old girls.

Day 11 - a song from your favorite band

As you all already know, my favorite band is Foo Fighters. This band showed me that an underrated drummer from an overrated band can become the frontman of one of the most prestigious bands in the world. I'm not talking about mainstream nor money, I'm talking about having respect in the music industry. Motörhead, Queen, System of a down, The who, Slash, The prodigy amongst many artists have worked and respect FF. Anyway, the first single from their new album:

[YOUTUBE]h4HBfvibVC0[/YOUTUBE]​

Day 11- A song from my favorite band

I picked one of my many favorite songs from my favorite bands, the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

[YOUTUBE]yXDg2XUXDWM[/YOUTUBE]

Californication is a great album, and this is one of the songs that gets overlooked on it. This is probably my second or third favorite song off the album, but it never gets mentioned when you talk about RHCP's best songs.

Day 10: A Song You Can Fall Asleep To

Guns N Roses- November Rain

[YOUTUBE]8SbUC-UaAxE[/YOUTUBE]

As you may be able to tell, I'm a pretty big fan of Guns N Fuckin' Roses. This is a song that has been a favorite of mine forever, but the longevity of it and the piano sounds at the beginning are just soothing enough to put me out if the timing is right. Slash murders it, still furthering my belief that no one rocks the axe better than him, but the piano and soft spoken words during the firts 5 minutes or so is really where the sleepiness starts to kick in.

Day 11-A song from your favorite band.

Red Hot Chili Peppers-Especially In Michigan.

[YOUTUBE]DrLSUNhH_5c[/YOUTUBE]

This is from their album Stadium Arcadium and one of my favorite songs off of the album. I don't know why. I think the song is really catchy. I just have to listen to this song on the go. It's great fro on the go or working out.

I dislike The Black Eyed Peas, but I don't think they are the worst band out there. I Gotta Feelin' is a good song.

I'm not sure how big these guys are outside Ireland. But I fuckin' hate them. Growing up my little sister loved them. Walking around in their t shirts, I was embarrassed to be seen with her. I'm of course talking about Boyzone. I'm not going to post one of their songs, because I don't want to ear rape you. That stupid boy band couldn't sing to save their lives. Ronan Keating was the lead singer of the band (I think). Which is crazy because he was the worst singer. My god their awful. Although Westlife are just as bad, I remember Boyzone being around longer. Which is why they get the nod for the worst band ever.

Day 10- A song you can fall asleep to.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Dani California.

[YOUTUBE]Sb5aq5HcS1A[/YOUTUBE]

I too am also a huge fan of the red hot chili peppers. This is one of my favorite songs ever. I have been listening to it since around 8 years ago. After all these years, I find it a soothing song somehow, and often just lie down at night, and put this on repeat, and after awhile, I'm asleep. I find it odd how I can sleep after it, considering the guitar and stuff, but still, I somehow can fall asleep to it.

Day 11: A Song From Your Favorite Band

The Offspring- Half Truism

[YOUTUBE]zZg6pdrD9Mo[/YOUTUBE]

I struggle with naming my favorite band, but it usually toggles between The Offspring and Guns N Roses. Today, Offspring wins so I just picked the first song that popped into my mind.

I remember the first time I heard this song, I was instantly hooked. It still had the Punk roots that made them what they are today, but the hook has a very modern feel to it and it just clicked with me immediately. Like most Offspring songs, I don't know nor do I care what the actual subject matter is. But the song just fucking rocks in my opinion and I never get tired of it.

Day 12-Song from a band you hate.

Hansong-Waiting For This

[YOUTUBE]qR-DLHHeqfI[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah. I don't really have a comment for thim. I guess I just never saw the appeal. I wouldn't say I hate them because that's a strong word however I can't stand them.

Day 11- A Song From Your Favourite Band

Oasis-The Masterplan

[YOUTUBE]yMazI2ROJXM[/YOUTUBE]

One of the finest songs ever to come from the brain of Mr Noel Gallagher. "The Masterplan" is a masterpiece. The Chief himself classes it as the best song he has ever written. Inexplicably this was initially released as a B-Side to Wonderwall, but then appeared on Oasis' B-Sides album (also called The Masterplan) but then eventually became an addition to their live set and was released as an E.P to promote the bands Greatest Hits complilation, which also featured the song.

I love the video, based on the famous LS Lowry painting "Going To The Match" but with the stick man walking in the famous Liam Gallagher swagger. Interestingly, the stadium on the painting (Bolton Wanderers' old ground "Burnden Park") was replaced with Manchester City's ground "Maine Road"- both Gallagher brothers are huge City fans.

A wonderful song by the best band of all time.

day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Emmure-Solar Flare Homicide
[YOUTUBE]rwA5PLi6oTI[/YOUTUBE]

I think this whole fucking band is a joke, the guitarists are garbage. I can drum better than the drummer, and the lead singer is possibly one of the worst live singers I've ever seen. He's also along with just about the whole band, one of the biggest pricks in music today. He blows off signings regularly, then claims to be all in it for the fans.

Also they've made their whole carrier off of one thing, fucking breakdowns. 2-3 breakdowns in every song, when are people going to realise that that is all they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back