WWE Money in the Bank LD - It's Clobbering Time

I really enjoyed all the matches except for the Diva's match, it was a 10/10 PPV, the ending gave me chills at how epic it was.

Does anyone here feel that the Raw MITB match was the best ever? I have read this on a few blogs now and I am really feeling like I missed something. I thought the SD one was much better...I don't know that I could call it the best ever without reviewing the rest first. But, really, did I miss something in that Raw match?

Yeah I don't know what people who are freaking out over the RAW MITB match are talking about. I mean it was good. It was very good infact and the finish was clever with Mysterio being unmasked, but it was not even on the same level as the Smackdown ladder match was, which was longer and by far the better match. My jaw is still on the goddamn floor from watching that opener man, one of if not the greatest god damn opening match I've ever seen on a PPV.

I drive home from D-Mans going over 100 mph most of the way, so that I could buy the encore and watch the greatest wrestling show to ever happen two MORE times, only to find that no more encore replay of the show after 2 as I presumed, nigh, "Horny Sorority ****s" is on the on demand channel. The disappointmentwas more staggering than I can put into words

FUCK YEAR DUDE.

Show was so epic. One of the best of all time. Everyone agrees. Anyone who dare disagree, fuck you and die in a kerosene fire.

Also, literally I did not realize until just this second that Cena is kayfabe fired now because of that main event. I was so caught up in the awesomeness that I didn't even realize that until now.

This was the best WWE ppv in a very long time. It was by far better than Wrestlemania this year. Wrestlemania had one classic match (Taker/Triple H), and three solid matches (Edge/Rio, Mysterio/Rhodes, Punk/Orton). This ppv had one surefire classic, and easily a top 50 WWE match ever, at the least (Punk/Cena), and two borderline classics (both MITB matches), and another solid match (Orton/Christian).

I'm just now posting, and probably wasn't going to post until I saw a few posts back about someone asking why people thought the Raw MITB match was "so great."

On the contrary I have yet to read anyone state that the Raw MITB match was better than the Smackdown one, and instead most I've read are hearalding the Smackdown one an instant classic, even one of the greatest Ladder Matches in history, while the Raw one fell short. That seems to be the consensus, which to me is a shame.

In my star ratings I gave of the match, I gave the Smackdown one 4 stars, and the Raw one 3 3/4 stars. I think the matches were very close, and both are amongst the best MITB matches I've ever seen (the only two I haven't seen were the two from last year's).

Most are touting the Smackdown one as having better drama and a better story. I'll admit that the match was slower paced, longer, which probably made the spots "mean more" and the ending was outstanding because it was unpredictable and I'm sure most of deep down are ecstatic to finally see Bryan get a chance at the main event.

However, I think most people feel that the Raw match was your typical "spotfest" ladder match and lacked on the psychology, drama, and storytelling, and thus wasn't as exciting. I disagree. The psychology was probably not as good, but that doesn't mean there wasn't drama and excitment.

The very end of the Raw match was just as good as the end of the Smackdown match. The Smackdown match had one great dramatic scene at the end with the Barrett/Bryan struggle. However the Raw match had 2-3. First the Miz came back which made the crowd erupt. I thought he was legitimately injured (his knee looked out of place) and thus thought he wasn't going to be back for the night. But he came back in heroic fashion and nearly won it, which had me on the edge of my seat as well as the crowd. Then you have the unmasking of Mysterio which also brought the crowd to their feet and was absolutely unexpected and a fantastic spot. Then you had Del Rio win it, which was expected, but good. Also the match was much more faster paced and had constant action and constant great spots (though the Smackdown one did as well), which is really what a MITB Ladder Match is supposed to be. Matches like those aren't supposed to be epic Taker/HBK styled matches. They're supposed to be entertaining spotfests. I think the Raw one was almost as good as the Smackdown one.

The only three things I felt made the Smackdown match slightly better than the Raw one. 1. The match was longer. 2. The Sheamus killing Sin Cara spot which was absolutely brutal, and was the spot of the night. 3. The ending with Daniel Bryan which was well drawn out, exciting, emotional, and unexpected.

But to me I think people are not giving the Raw MITB near the credit it should. At least from what I'm reading on here. I guess I'm missing the acclaim it's getting, because I'm not seeing it thus far.

Both matches were fantastic Ladder Matches and amongst the best ever put on by WWE IMO.

Awesome PPV last night. That was the craziest crowd I've seen since ONS. The crowd really didn't boo Cena as bad as the ECW crowd did. No Fuck U Cena chants or anything bad. Great match with awesome story telling by Cena and Punk. Both MITB matches were good and I can't believe Bryan won.ADR wasn't a huge shock, but I thought for sure he would cash in tonite against Punk. I didn't care for the outcome of the WHC match, but I guess its the only way Christian can win. Punk winning clean against Cena was a suprise. I can't imagine Punk not re signing with company. Raw is going to be off the chain.

Yea, thats another thing

Dude, sam, X, FUCKING CHRISTIAN is the world heavyweight champion?

Were the fuck did that show take place at last night? "Things that will never possibly happen" land?!?!?

Yea, thats another thing

Dude, sam, X, FUCKING CHRISTIAN is the world heavyweight champion?

Were the fuck did that show take place at last night? "Things that will never possibly happen" land?!?!?

All part of the bigger picture in my opinion. I feel DBD will cash in the MITB briefcase successfully as part of whatever storyline(s) are on the horizon. And it's far more plausible for him to cash in against Christian than against Orton. I see another very short reign (possibly extremely short, as in this week's SD) for Christian. I see a beatdown by Orton, and an opportunistic cash in by Bryan as step one to a heel turn. Punk holding one belt with Bryan holding the other, could be interesting.

I was going nuts, willing Daniel Bryan to come down the ramp and cash in. I feel bad for it, sure, but it just seemed to make sense. I honestly would not be surprised if DBD cashed in this coming SmackDown, just so Christian has a matching pair of "five day reigns."

Oh, the pleasure I would take in the blazing outrage if this somehow segways into Vince bringing his son in law out of the moth balls to take the companys title back at Summerslam

If I'm going to be honest, the most frantic moment of the night for me wasn't the Punk/Cena match(Don't get me wrong, my heart was racing from that also)but rather the Smackdown MITB. Thank God Cody did not win, I made a deal that if cody or Kofi had won either of the MITB I may stop watching wrestling.

If I'm going to be honest, the most frantic moment of the night for me wasn't the Punk/Cena match(Don't get me wrong, my heart was racing from that also)but rather the Smackdown MITB. Thank God Cody did not win, I made a deal that if cody or Kofi had won either of the MITB I may stop watching wrestling.

Even after Punk's Cody Rhodes tribute at the end there?

I don't believe I saw that.

Wtk1A.jpg

I was exhausted during the match. I think everyone was tired from the ladder matches and the Orton intensity before the match. I feel like the crowd could have been more hostile if the undercard was developed differently.

I agree. I was really shocked that the diva match wasn't saved for just before the main event. After all, that's what they're there for.

Yeah I thought they could have switched the match placement up a tiny bit, but really when that's the only damn quasi-criticism you have for a show, that's an awesome fucking show.

I just want to punch anyone who's whining about this show or the main event being overrated right in their fucking dick. Like, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WATCH WRESTLING FOR if last night wasn't everything you could ask for and more. If you didn't love last night's show, you shouldn't even consider yourself a wrestling fan, but rather a whiny fucking cunt who has just found a new hobby to be a pessimistic, cynical asshole about.

SRSLY MANG!

Going to sit down and watch the main event and opener again a little later today. Fingers crossed, I very well could wind up going the full 5 stars for that main event, we'll have to see.

I'm seriously not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but this IS Punk's 5th World Title. Some of you are acting like he's never held one before.

You're entitled to your opinion in saying that "Some...are acting like he's never held [a World Title] before" [emphasis added]. By that same token, I am entitled to my opinion in telling you that you're acting like a dense pile of shit who intentionally doesn't get the point (the primary cause of people's celebrations here has to do not so much with Punk's "title win" itself as with the totality of the circumstances under which Punk won and the ramifications thereof) and denies the very same thing (raining on anyone's parade) that you know you are doing.

In before you accuse me of being mad or oversensitive because I'm neither of those. Just calling bullshit and disingenuousness when I see them.

You're entitled to your opinion in saying that "Some...are acting like he's never held [a World Title] before" [emphasis added]. By that same token, I am entitled to my opinion in telling you that you're acting like a dense pile of shit who intentionally doesn't get the point (the primary cause of people's celebrations here has to do not so much with Punk's "title win" itself as with the totality of the circumstances under which Punk won and the ramifications thereof) and denies the very same thing (raining on anyone's parade) that you know you are doing.

In before you accuse me of being mad or oversensitive because I'm neither of those. Just calling bullshit and disingenuousness when I see them.

Who the fuck are you? No, seriously, who the fuck are you, other than the moron who has trouble reading and comprehending the fact this discussion was closed long ago?

Does it make you feel like a big girl, coming in long after a discussion has been decided to insult someone, just because it gets your CM Punk loving panties in a twist? Do yourself a favor, go back and read the thread, note where I pointed out the example of the person I used, notice how I'm right, and move the fuck along. :thumbsup:

Who the fuck are you? No, seriously, who the fuck are you, other than the moron who has trouble reading and comprehending the fact this discussion was closed long ago?
Does it make you feel like a big girl, coming in long after a discussion has been decided to insult someone, just because it gets your CM Punk loving panties in a twist?

Aww, did I hit a nerve? (As in, "U MAD?") I note that you did not (could not) actually refute a single thing I said, and decided entirely to resort to ad hominem (Note that I'm not denying having done a bit of that myself, but that's neither here nor there, because I actually had a point to make).

I also do not note when you or anyone else decided that this discussion was "closed long ago." I don't ever recall you saying that, and in any case you don't unilaterally get to decide when a discussion is closed.

I do see the thread is still open, and this is a public forum. So it doesn't really matter who I am, or who the fuck you think I am. Who the fuck are you? I don't know or care. I just saw a whole lot of bullshit on your part and decided to point it out.

One thing I am not is a "big girl" who's got her "CM Punk loving panties in a twist." But your choice of words to label me as such does reveal a lot about your true motives - that something about this whole CM Punk hoopla on the part of almost everyone here rubs you the wrong way, and in a meek and feeble attempt to play the sorta-kinda-contrarian here, you originally came in here ironically declaring, in an apophasis of sorts (look that one up if you're unfamiliar with the art of rhetoric) that you didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade when you and anyone with half a brain knew that that was precisely what you were doing. That you're still not admitting this paints you as an intellectually dishonest punk (no pun intended, of course).

P.S. Nice ninja edit, adding a bunch of nonsense and a smiley to the end of your post after I quoted the original version. None of that refutes the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back