WWE Money In The Bank 2012 LD

The only major change it has had on the entertainment industry is that it helped make vampires hot again. Until I see The Brood 2.0 or a Vampiro return, I'm going to say it has had approximately 0 effect on the WWE.

And I do understand your point. My point is that your point is stupid, and a reflection of you in general.

If that is the only major change in entertainment you notice then you are the idiot. :)

If that is the only major change in entertainment you notice then you are the idiot. :)

So why don't you list some other major changes in the entertainment industry? Oh, and just to give you a heads up, passive female teenagers have been a staple of entertainment since approximately Romeo and Juliette. Possibly earlier.

Not entirely happy with Cena winning but refuse to complain due to we all saw it coming a fucking month ago. Great show though, really have no idea where we are going heading into Summerslam.

So why don't you list some other major changes in the entertainment industry? Oh, and just to give you a heads up, passive female teenagers have been a staple of entertainment since approximately Romeo and Juliette. Possibly earlier.

Come to think of it, I think Helen of Troy was a pretty passive female teenager. So yeah, Greek Literature.

Punk/Bryan- MOTN

Rest of the show (from what I saw) was pretty decent. Wish Jericho would've won MITB just to shake things up a bit, but I guess Cena makes the most sense.

The new Spiderman movie for a start. Or multiple supernatural love stories. (Not limited to vampires). Basically the indecisiveness and the want to have her cake and eat it too. Classic wrestling love triangles are mostly framed from the boy's narrative. It was usually black and white and how we root for the girl to choose the good guy. This is different in the sense that we are rooting for the girl to make up her damn mind.
Not being misogynistic or anything but sometimes that kind of storytelling just don't appeal to me.

OK show but it had nothing on last years amazing show.

It's hard to one up last years. You had two of the best MitB matches of all time, and one of the greatest WWE matches of all time period. Still a 3-4 star show though.

The new Spiderman movie for a start. Or multiple supernatural love stories. (Not limited to vampires). Basically the indecisiveness and the want to have her cake and eat it too. Classic wrestling love triangles are mostly framed from the boy's narrative. It was usually black and white and how we root for the girl to choose the good guy. This is different in the sense that we are rooting for the girl to make up her damn mind.
Not being misogynistic or anything but sometimes that kind of storytelling just don't appeal to me.

Are you serious? THIS is what you bring to the table?

The Spider-Man story is the original Spider-Man story... as in it came from the comics... which came out decades before Twilight.

Supernatural love stories have been around for millennia. As long as mankind has been telling stories, there have been stories of men and women falling in love with supernatural creatures such as ghosts, gods and goddesses, and beasts.

And nobody was rooting for AJ to make up her mind, but that was certainly an intriguing part of the match. Think about it this way: nobody cared if CM Punk walked out with AJ, they only cared that he walked out with the WWE Championship. You think people would be cheering if Daniel Bryan won but CM Punk walked out hand in hand with AJ? Absolutely not, it was all about the WWE Championship, AJ was just the gatekeeper.

So in summation...

1) Twilight has not effected the modern entertainment industry nearly as much as you think it has. Apart from the rebirth of the vampire genre, it has had a very small effect on the industry. The only real piece of recent successful entertainment that was in the vein of Twilight was 50 Shades of Gray. One thing. One.

2) You still don't understand the story being told in the match. That's okay, plenty of people who watch professional wrestling don't understand the storytelling on a conscious level. Just don't pretend you are one of the people that does.

Am I the only one that feels that this discussion has really nothing to do with wrestling?
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan was easily the best match of the night, but the PPV didn't delivered as I was expecting, specially the World Championship MITB. I mean, I enjoyed the winner and some spots, but the match itself was botch after botch.

The Six Divas Tag Team Match was the worst thing that they could've done it. It really stopped the momentum of the show. Oh and I'm not pleased with John Cena's victory as I feel that he could go to the WWE Championship picture with ease without the briefcase. I would have love it to see Jericho or even Miz held the contract.

If you watch the new spiderman again, the tone and pacing is very similar to the that vampire show.

You seem fixated by the notion that if the content comes before Twilight, therefore that series have no significant influence. Twilight has a very significant influence. It tells the bigshots in the industry that little girls are willing to pay for not only chasing after teen idols and there are money to be made from catering to their guilty pleasure in films and literature too. We are used to them catering to male's guilty pleasure of big explosions and scantily dressed women. Now there is an effort to push the other gender's guilty pleasure.

Mildly entertaining PPV. Del Rio, in the ring, is growing on me. He actually made Sheamus be somewhat of a story teller. That doesn't happen all that often, with Sheamus usually hitting random move after random move for ten to fifteen minutes.

DB and Punk are always solid together, and as someone said earlier, it was very physical. A.J.'s presence actually worked well.

Missed the first MITB match, but the second one was off. Maybe I'm used to more chaos (not sure if that's good or bad), but this didn't do a great job of keeping my attention.

Again, decent PPV, nothing special. Doesn't touch the same PPV from last year.

If you watch the new spiderman again, the tone and pacing is very similar to the that vampire show.

How do you know? Do you watch Twilight?

You seem fixated by the notion that if the content comes before Twilight, therefore that series have no significant influence. Twilight has a very significant influence. It tells the bigshots in the industry that little girls are willing to pay for not only chasing after teen idols and there are money to be made from catering to their guilty pleasure in films and literature too. We are used to them catering to male's guilty pleasure of big explosions and scantily dressed women. Now there is an effort to push the other gender's guilty pleasure.

There's been no sudden influx of these types of films/TV shows/whatevers. You have yet to provide me with any concrete examples of movies or shows or anything that was made possible by Twilight's success. The only thing I can think of is 50 Shades of Gray.

Your Spider-Man example is totally moot. Even if it shares similarities to Twilight (which it doesn't, as the story is NOTHING like Twilight), it would still have been made without Twilight's success, and it still would have been a total success without Twilight.

Your example of other supernatural love stories is also moot. Supernatural love stories were popular before Twilight (Harry Potter romances) and will continue to be popular forever. There's no reason to believe Twilight has had any influence on supernatural love stories.

So again, I ask you what has Twilight done to influence the entertainment business?

How do you know? Do you watch Twilight?
I watched the first one on tv yeah.

There's been no sudden influx of these types of films/TV shows/whatevers. You have yet to provide me with any concrete examples of movies or shows or anything that was made possible by Twilight's success. The only thing I can think of is 50 Shades of Gray.
Too many vampire tv series to count. Some might have been released earlier but found success after Twilight's success. Initially only vampire themed shows were rushed out which you have already admitted to. Now they are tapping onto the style and content besides the superficial 'only vampires made it sell' more.

Your Spider-Man example is totally moot. Even if it shares similarities to Twilight (which it doesn't, as the story is NOTHING like Twilight), it would still have been made without Twilight's success, and it still would have been a total success without Twilight.
Doesn't discount the fact that there was an effort to tweak the storytelling style by the bigshots.

Your example of other supernatural love stories is also moot. Supernatural love stories were popular before Twilight (Harry Potter romances) and will continue to be popular forever. There's no reason to believe Twilight has had any influence on supernatural love stories.
It helped popularise it. It help greenlight more of such stories. Love triangles usually between 2 superhuman beings in supernatural stories take more precedent than old fashion "humanity or not".

So again, I ask you what has Twilight done to influence the entertainment business?
It made money with very little original content. Decision makers follow the money. Copycats made or narrative styles are tweaked.

Come on, JGlass. You don't appeal to stupid with logic. You kill it with wildfire.

I watched the first one on tv yeah.

I think this alone means I win. You watched Twilight.

Too many vampire tv series to count. Some might have been released earlier but found success after Twilight's success. Initially only vampire themed shows were rushed out which you have already admitted to. Now they are tapping onto the style and content besides the superficial 'only vampires made it sell' more.

True Blood came out before Twilight and was an immediate success. Other than that... I can't think of any really successful vampire shows on television, especially ones with Twilight themed vampires. Supernatural was around before Twilight... and those are the only ones I can think of.

Doesn't discount the fact that there was an effort to tweak the storytelling style by the bigshots.

You have absolutely ZERO proof for this argument. You are the only person I've ever heard argue that at all. There are literally no similarities between the Twilight love story and the Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy love story. Unless, of course, you want to count forbidden love, but you'd have to be mentally ******ed to suggest that Twilight made forbidden love popular again.

It helped popularise it. It help greenlight more of such stories. Love triangles usually between 2 superhuman beings in supernatural stories take more precedent than old fashion "humanity or not".

It made money with very little original content. Decision makers follow the money. Copycats made or narrative styles are tweaked.

Where are these copycats? Name the copycats. Name movies or shows where narrative styles were tweaked to appeal to the Twilight audience.

Come on, JGlass. You don't appeal to stupid with logic. You kill it with wildfire.

Hey man, you can hit homeruns off of Cy Young winners and you can hit homeruns off of struggling rookies: they're homeruns either way.

Wait... you Canadians understand baseball references, right? You do have the Blue Jays.

Wouldn't have minded Bryan/Cena post-Money in the Bank. They've got a bit of history to work with, I think. Plus Punk/Cena III could have waited a bit longer. Maybe Punk/Miz and Byran/Cena, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back