WWE Money in the Bank LD - It's Clobbering Time

Blue Chipper

Shapeshifting Humanoid
82623776.jpg

Welcome to the 2011 Money in the Bank Live Discussion!

[YOUTUBE]xnDCJ6sq9kQ[/YOUTUBE]

Event: WWE Money in the Bank
Date: 7/17/11
Level of Elation:
10/10!

Hello, I'm Blue Chipper, here to bring you the live discussion to one of the most anticipated wrestling events of recent memory. I've got to give credit and thanks to FunKay, first for thinking of the title for this LD, and second because he okayed my request to do the OP for this (he is the unofficial WWE LD maker, I had to get his permission).

This LD is of epic magnitude because this show deserves a LD of epic magnitude. We have a gigantic WWE championship match in CM Punk vs. Cena, interesting circumstances/stipulations surrounding the event, a solid undercard, and we have the evident enthralling MITB ladder matches. I'm calling it now, tonight's going to be epic and something epic will occur. If it doesn't, quote me. Yea, I'm that confident. Not really - I'm more semi-confident. Anyway, Let's get this underway...​

WWE Champion John Cena vs. CM Punk
[YOUTUBE]l5IMOUFMGQQ[/YOUTUBE]​

On his last night in WWE, a reinstated CM Punk challenges WWE Champion John Cena at WWE Money in the Bank, emanating from his hometown of Chicago.
What's going to happen here? That's the question. Many ideas have been spread, many scenarios have been teased, but what's going to happen? Where is the storyline going? CM Punk has obviously been on a hot streak, burning up the mic, but what will he do on his presumably last day, in HIS hometown? One can only assume we're in for some great entertainment.

Oh, wait. Let my throw in some obligatory CM Punk gif fluff:
xuKWd.gif

tumblr_lo7av2pYq51qkiqdko1_500.gif

CM Punk = Gold. That's the IWC opinion, anyway. Hey, he's entertaining. What's he going to bring tonight? Who will walk out with the WWE championship?​

World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton vs. Christian
20110706mitbortonchrist.jpg
After Christian captured his first World Championship at Extreme Rules – then lost it to Randy Orton just days later – he has been on a relentless quest to regain the title. But the results have been the same each time. At Capitol Punishment and Over the Limit, Christian failed to beat World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton. Will the third time be the charm at Money in the Bank?
Randy Orton and Christina have been putting on terrific performances with each other. They obviously have acquired chemistry. But, will they top their MOTY-candidate performance at Over The Limit?

Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
20110627mitbrawladder.jpg
Raw Superstars Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, R-Truth and Jack Swagger will all vie for the coveted Money in the Bank briefcase in a harrowing Ladder Match on July 17.
Unpredictable. That's what I see with these MITB matches (and the entire show). I think the favorite here is ADR, but no one knows for sure. This will undoubtedly be a fun, spot-laden spectacle.

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match
20110630mitbsmackdownl.jpg
Eight SmackDown Superstars are set to lock horns in the SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Which of the Friday night elite will rise above and earn the right to challenge a WWE World Champion at any time, at any place, for up to one year?
Unpredictable. That's what I see with these MITB matches. I think Sheamus is the favorite here, but no one truly knows. See what I did there? Should also be a fun MITB match.

Big Show vs. Mark Henry
20110707mitbbigshowmark.jpg
WWE Money in the Bank just got a whole lot bigger. In a goliath clash of the titans that promises to shake Money in the Bank to its very foundation, the enraged Big Show will lock horns with the ferocious Mark Henry.
..Am I supposed to say something here? I don't really care for this match. Or the one proceeding.. Where's Punk/Cena? Filler.. could be an enjoyable 5-minute big man match, though.

Divas Champion Kelly Kelly vs. Brie Bella
20110627mitbdivas.jpg
The sinister Brie Bella and her twisted sister Nikki will do whatever they can to take the Divas Title back from the beautiful Kelly Kelly when Brie and the gorgeous champion face off at WWE Money in the Bank.
Oh I get it. Now's the time I can get my refreshments, right? Nah, nah. I kid. A little. They could work a watchable match tonight.​

Closing comments
I'm going to gladly hand WWE my bucks for this pay-per-view. Never been interested in a WWE show to this degree since...a few months ago. But, still. It looks to be phenomenal. It's unpredictable, the circumstances are engaging, Punk is doing some of his best work ever, and we have two MITB matches sure to deliver. I was compelled to make this LD. In fact, I have no memory of making this. My inner fandom took control over me and I was just involuntarily going through the motions. I hope I contributed to successfully getting you excited for the event, I know I am. CM Punk's sheer awesomeness has culminated to this. After weeks of anticipation, tonight's the night. What will happen? Will Punk beat Cena? Will the WWE title be on its way to losing prestige? Will a MITB winner seize an opportunity? Will Cena have a job after tonight? Who's walking out with a championship? Many questions...they will be answered. So, stick with us, and enjoy the LD!

PunkRawPromo2.gif
Here. We. Go.

To be honest, I wanna watch the PPV without having to type stuff etc. Also, I think it airs on the smallest of delays here. But as soon as it ends, I'll jump into Conversations.

This is probably the most excited I've been going into a PPV not named the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania for quite some time. Also, excellent work BC.

This is probably the most excited I've been going into a PPV not named the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania for quite some time. Also, excellent work BC.

It's like my partner can read my mind. My thoughts exactly here. I doubt I'll be here as I'll be chilling with the boys. Maybe I'll pop in here and there. It'll more so be a twitter rampage from myself.

I had a dream last night. No, it wasn't that Punk fans and Cena fans could live together in harmony. It actually occurred this morning, when I gave myself half an hour's more sleep because it would then be less of a wait until Money in the Bank.

In the dream, it was WrestleMania, which also meant it was New Year's Eve. Tastycles, Lee and Pheonix were in the living room and Vince McMahon and Mick Foley were in the back garden, having a BBQ, as is tradition on New Year's Eve/WrestleMania night in England. Vince, like any person over 40, was asking if I could help him with his phone. Mick was sending him a voicemail and I joked that Vince could fire him from commentary again and just splice the voicemail together to call the matches. Awkward silence.

Back in the living room, Colt Cabana was making his WrestleMania debut to a surprisingly large ovation. Tastycles eagerly pointed out how his generic rock theme actually used to be Daniel Bryan's. I wondered, because WrestleMania ends at midnight, whether people were going to make us count down or worse, watch Jools Holland, so we'd miss the Punk/Cena main event. Then I woke up.

Needless to say, I am ridiculously excited. I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it live. I may wait till tomorrow and enjoy it by myself.

I was thinking about leaving this until tomorrow evening but I won't be able to. I don't remember the last time I was actually looking forward to a PPV, but this one has made me do just that. I'm assuming it's because I can't predict what's going to happen-as we all know, the IWC is mostly psychic or something. Yeah, well where are the reports telling you what's going to happen this time? Haha! I have no idea what I'm talking about now, point is, I'll probably be here.

Already have it purchased. I might not be here tonight because I have friends coming over and will be watching with them. We'll see. I'm incredibly excited.

For the MITB matches, in wishful thinking mode I have Bryan and Kofi, but in reality my picks are Barrett and Mysterio. I believe at least one case will be cashed in tonight.

For MITB, I'd love to see Bryan (or Rhodes) and Swagger to get the wins. However, I'm expecting Cody Rhodes and del Rio to win. I'm also expecting an impromptu Ziggler vs. Jackson match. I mean, they can't leave both mid-card champions off the PPV, can they?

Ah, Punk. When I first saw him in 2004, he made me want to purchase indy DVDs. I know, appalling! I desperately wanted to see him on television every week, but I knew the WWE would find some way to fuck it up -- name change, Velocity purgatory, making him resident jobber. And then Paul Heyman came along and gave our man the debut he deserved as CM Punk. In Philadelphia at the 2006 Survivor Series, the live audience chanted for CM Punk while DX and the Hardys were RIGHT THERE! A week later, the audience at December 2 Dismember worshiped him like a God. CM Punk was looking like an up and comer in the WWE. Hooray!

A few months later, CM Punk was making his WrestleMania debut. Then they teased a turn with the New Breed leading to his first ever one-on-one PPV match for the WWE. Later that year, he'd capture the ECW Championship in a memorable encounter with John Morrison and hold it into 2008, and shortly after he looked then World Heavyweight Champion dead in his eyes and told him he's better than him. A couple months later and he'd win the MITB case in a shocker. An exciting World Heavyweight Championship win followed, and although the reign was mediocre, we got to see flashes of the CM Punk I know and love -- a non-televised interview where he built his match against Batista by talking about how not everyone needs to look like him to become a champion, a forgotten segment where he rides Randy Orton for only getting a job because of who his daddy was. By this point, Punk had proven multiple times that he was a God in Chicago and Cena had proven to be less than that. In my eyes, Punk vs. Cena was a dream match and Chicago was a dream setting. But it was not to be as Punk was dropped from the top of the card shortly after his segment with Orton. He won the tag belt and IC belt in the coming months, the later in a memorable Chi-town encounter with William Regal.

And just when all seem lost and the interwebs were calling Punk a fluke and a failure, he won the MITB case again, validating my support for him one more time. Perhaps Cena vs. Punk could take place in Chicago at Judgement Day?! Alas, it was not to be. During the summer, he cashed in on Jeff Hardy and turned heel, eventually beating him in TLC and cage matches and casting Hardy out of the WWE. The Summer of Punk #3 was a rousing succes. And then the bell tolled for Punk, and Undertaker entered a feud with the talented Chicagoan. Yet even in those dark days, Punk still managed to exceed my expectations by getting booked for a Montreal Screwjob type victory over Taker. Shortly after, Punk lost the title to the ancient Deadman and was relegated to R-Truth and Matt Hardy duty. My dreams of Punk as a main event mainstay were dashed again. And while I got a great Punk vs. Cena dream match as a throwaway bout on Raw at Thanksgiving, Punk didn't exactly end 2009 on a high note.

Enter 2010. It's no wonder Punk chose not to resign with the WWE. Although he had a few memorable moments, like his segment with Mysterio's daughter, the night his hair was cut, the reveal of his mask, and the night he lost it, Punk was lost in the shuffle for most of the year. Yet, as always, Punk performed admirably as well as we all knew he could. The New Nexus was supposed to be what brought Punk into main event stardom once and for all, but come on... It was the New Nexus. He's only human.

And so the days dragged on. His feud with Randy Orton, while serviceable, was an afterthought, and Punk was marginalized in the months to come while quietly having a few more good matches with Rey Mysterio. And then we got the last month.

The point of all this? Despite Punk not getting everything we think he deserved, he got more than we ever could have predicted back when he originally signed with the WWE and has had a memorable tenure in the company. I'll take some satisfaction in that when our hero returns home tonight to tap clean for John Cena in a dream match. Do I want the Summer of Punk #4? Sure do. But I'm also willing to accept our man's likely fate.

RIP CMP

I will not be here tonight, but here are my predictions.

1) Mark Henry gets his revenge on Big Show by getting DQ'd and just fucking Big Show up!

2) Kofi Kingston wins Raw MitB

3) Sheamus wins dat Blue Briefcase

4) Randy Orton beats Christian fair and square. He'll probably have to hold back his emotions after those god awful "Christian attempts to piss of Orton" segments, but he'll manage to not brain Christian with the title and Orton will walk out victorious.

5) CM Punk vs. John Cena... honestly I have no idea. John Cena winning seems too anti-climactic at this point, especially with the absolutely amazing job CM Punk has been doing. At the same time, they can't fire John Cena... and would they really do a surprise cash in two years in a row? I'm going to pick CM Punk to retain, no surprise cash in, and John Cena not getting fired but instead being punished on a weekly basis by Vince McMahon until Punk comes back.

Nah, I didn't make it, someone else who is going to be there did. I just thought it was awesome enough to post.

I'm going to be watching in my living room with two friends and a bowl of chips.

Nah, I didn't make it, someone else who is going to be there did. I just thought it was awesome enough to post.

I'm going to be watching in my living room with two friends and a bowl of chips.

I have to say, Kofi Kingston is my dark horse to win the Raw MITB. Anyone else feel that way?

Preferences: Bourne and Bryan

Predictions: Kofi and Rhodes

Difficult year to call these matches. Miz, Riley, Mysterio, Del Rio, Kofi, Barrett, Sheamus, Rhodes, Sin Cara, and Swagger could all feasibly take the case. Some of those are long shots, but look at some of the past winners of these matches and you learn not to count out any reasonable pick. Heck, Swagger's proven I shouldn't count ANYBODY out.

Fuck Del Rio. Dead in his ass.

I'll actually be pretty irked if Orton beats Christian clean for the fourth consecutive time. Should Punk and Christian walk out with the world titles - and, let's face it, that's hugely unlikely - then I'm afraid my poor little heart might not be able to take it.

Heel Christian's hardly been spectacular, has he? Should have kept him face. No matter - at least Orton's beard has begun to fill in. That's something.

Perhaps I'm just making this up, but have you noticed that the person who wins the MitB match generally doesn't have a feud going on? There might be a storyline (Kane searching for Taker's attacker, Edge becoming obsessed with capturing the world title etc...), but there's not usually a feud between the winner and someone else prior to their match.

That's because the person winning MitB has to be free to feud with the person he takes the title off (and any pissed off third parties).

I probably won't be here tonight. My internet is running worse than a well worn ****e and I can't be bothered to wrestle with my laptop all evening.

Outside of Orton/Christian (who have already put on several superb contests), I'm not really excited for any of these matches. The Punk/Cena angle has gone really well, but the match? We'll see. Same goes for Big Show/Miz-Ark, difference being, this has no option but to be shit. MITB matches are entertaining, but for me, never memorable. I hope I'm wrong about Punk/Cena, I really do.

Would prefer just one MITB match and a couple more single matches, two always feels like overkill. Should be some wild spots though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back