Why Aren't You Going To Vote For Dagger?

Why aren't you voting for Dagger

• He takes things too personally

• He's not very smart

• He's stubborn

• He's not a great poster

• He doesn't understand the rules

• Nobody in the Board Room supports him

Results are only viewable after voting.

JGlass

Unregistered User
If you vote for Dagger Dias, you are an idiot.

That statement may be blunt, but it's true. Well, it will be true after you read this post.

Dagger Dias is a terrible candidate from mod in every possible way. He takes shit personally, he's not very smart, he's stubborn, he's not a great poster, he doesn't understand the rules of our forum, and nobody in the board room supports him. Here, I'll break it down for you, one trait at a time.

1) He takes shit personally- How many times a month do we an anti-mod thread in the spam sections? How many times do we see a mod get dressed down by a poster? The truth is, once you get that bold name, you become a target for anger and hate, and it's not always unjustified.

Dagger has had a long history of taking things personally. Whether it's his voting pattern in the video game tourneys or his crappy video game he made, he can't handle criticism. The last thing we need is Dagger making an ass out of the mods of our website, something he'll do at the first sign of dissent.

2) He's not very smart- Seriously, have you read his posts? Spelling errors, terrible debater, can't write to save his life. Take a look at all the other mods- all of us are intelligent guys (if I do say so myself). Sly and D-Man are two of the best debaters on the forum. Xfear and jmt have diverse tastes and are able to converse about just about any subject. What does Dagger bring to the table besides generic video game posting? Nothing.

3) He's stubborn- Have you read his Video Game tourney posts? He basically posts the same argument for every game he decides to back. He dresses them up with long winded paragraphs, but it basically comes down to this: he likes this game more. When challenged by a more competent poster like Doc, Mozz, Charlie, or Zevon_Zion, he basically regurgitates the same arguments masquerading as a rebuttal. Or, if the opposition is to great, Dagger just whines and plays the victim.

Isn't that what he's doing now? Declaring Crock and Coco to be troll candidates?

4) He's not a great poster- I touched on this before; the Board Room should contain the best of the best. You don't have to like Sly and KB (hell, there are plenty of times that I don't), but you have to respect their ability to talk wrestling and their knowledge on the subject. They're also well versed in just about any other topic they care to engage in. SSC is the music mod because he has a great ear for music and the ability to write interestingly about it. Nate, Nick, and Jack-Hammer all write expertly about wrestling.

What made Lee a great video game mod? He posted with such a charm that people couldn't help but reply to his threads, making the V&T section one of the most popular non-wrestling sections. Dagger posts new threads in that section constantly, and NONE of them ever generate much interest. The only thread he's ever posted in was the Video Game music thread, which he posted back in 2010, and he makes up nearly half the posts in that thread.

He's not compelling, uninteresting, and uninspired.

5) He doesn't understand the rules of our forum- Now this is the interesting part... because you get a little board room insight. Now obviously I can't quote from the Board Room, that's a no-no, but I can tell you this:

In the month of April 2011 from the 21st to the 28th Dagger Dias reported a massive 56 posts. That's 56 posts over the course of a week. And you know what? Almost none of them included any rule breaking. He just went trigger happy with the report button and reported anything that he thought was a bad post. It got so bad that D-Man eventually had to PM him telling him to stop. He was the talk of the board room for how incredibly stupid he was. He thought if he reported a lot of posts it would show that he was worthy of modship. All it showed us was that he didn't know the first thing about being a mod.

6) Nobody in the Board Room supports him- We call ourselves the mod team for a reason, because we're a team. We have spats all the time, but at the end of the day we're all on the same side. I don't particularly like Nick, but I respect him as a good poster with a sharp mind. Lee and I didn't always get along, but at the end of the day I respected what he did for the forum. Nobody will have that respect for Dagger.

Why? Because he made an ass out of himself constantly. In addition to his terrible track record with reporting posts, he constantly bothered mods to campaign for him in the board room. He contacted me, he contacted SSC, and he contacted others as well. I understand someone wanting to have a friendly voice in the Board Room, but Dagger and I weren't even friends, and barely acquaintances, and he approached me out of nowhere. He's selfish and in business for himself.

So everybody, especially ABC members, think before you vote. I have nothing against Dagger as a person or a poster, but he's just not a good choice for mod. At all.

You'd rather take on people who do nothing but spam than someone who posts with insight? If I known that, I would have continued my female shtick for a lot longer and would've been in your position by now.

Definitely politics at its finest.

You'd rather take on people who do nothing but spam than someone who posts with insight? If I known that, I would have continued my female shtick for a lot longer and would've been in your position by now.

Definitely politics at its finest.

No, I'd rather have someone who posts spam and non-spam well and someone that posts with insight. Crock and Coco meet both those requirements, Dagger meets neither.

Definitely ignorance at its finest. Did you not read a thing I wrote?

He's a fucking moron with no perceivable merits... so all of one through four I guess.

You'd think I'd come in here blindly defending Dagger without reading the opinion of the opposing side, do you? I thought more highly of you, JGlass.

There is a fine line between truth and propaganda, friend. It's okay to admit that taking on Dagger would out-shine your talent... almost making you fearful of his presence. I understand, some people have that effect on others.

Now here's a nice impartial poll if I ever saw one. Maybe there should have been one more option: none of the above; I intend to vote for Dagger. But I guess that would defeat the purpose of the poll, when that option defeated all of the other ones.

Are we back to pretending posting primarily in the spam section means someone isn't posting with insight? I guess everything really is backwards in Australia.

Now here's a nice impartial poll if I ever saw one. Maybe there should have been one more option: none of the above; I intend to vote for Dagger. But I guess that would defeat the purpose of the poll, when that option defeated all of the other ones.

I never claimed to be impartial, or even close. I am vehemently against Dagger being elected a mod. However, as you can see, I have more than enough reason for holding that belief.

Well go make a thread on why you should vote for Dagger then. Doesn't seem that difficult :shrug:

He takes shit to personally.

People didn't like his game and he went nuts. I watched Doc play it and I could not stop laughing and when people told him what was wrong he went nuts.

Yeah people could not have been dicks but come on all he was doing was reading words on a screen

moblog_890297.jpe

Anyone old enough to remember the Different Strokes episode where the guy from WKRP in Cincinnati uses video games to lure young boys in to his den of Sandusky?

There isn't much I can say in this that hasn't already been said. Dagger is a nice enough guy, but as a mod? Hell no. He's in it for the wrong reasons and always has been.

For all of you people voting on party lines, this isn't about electing a party to the team. At the end of the day it will be a PERSON who is appointed and trust me when I say that none of them will give a damn about any "party loyalty" when they make it on staff. I remained unaffiliated through the election but was always very vocal of those who I thought were the absolute best choices, and never paid attention to who was in what party, except for Coco because his affiliation was hard to ignore.

When it comes to his public image, Dagger on staff will be similar to when I was first on staff, except worse. For those not around to remember, I was a joke. I whined my way into a position most thought unnecessary and got overly offended at anyone who said anything cross towards me. I made a complete fool of myself on multiple occasions and had to be cut down many pegs. But you know what I did after that? I learned. I wised up. I grew, I changed. I matured. And sorry, Dagger, but I don't see that happening with you. You haven't changed a bit in your years here despite everyone telling you exactly why you weren't under consideration for modship and I have no reason to believe you'll change now.

Now, I could be wrong. In fact, I hope I am. I'm nothing if not an optimist. But as it stands right now, Crock would put in the work and would be more likely to "get it" than you and already has a bit of respect from a few around here, and Coco is top-notch in every way.

I will not be voting for Dagger because he is by far and large the least qualified candidate in the election, I don't agree with any of his stances, and think he'd bungle the whole thing up something awful.

The real burn to this. It's a popularity contest. And the unpopular guy seems poised to win. Instead of saying why he shouldn't win, which you already did and it did not stop me and Habs from getting curb-stomped (one goddamned bit) you might wanna start helping instead of trying to find a way out of the corner you're seemingly caught on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back