Why I voted for Dagger Dias (The confession of a "moron")

Dagger tried to get me sacked. That makes him a cunt. If you were aware of that, and you still voted for him, that makes you a cunt. If you weren't aware of that and voted blind, then it makes you innocent but ignorant. Or a moron, if you will.

Tastycles, Im comfident that the "higher powers" of this board wouldn't "sell out" one of their Mods on the account of a mere complaint from a single poster. Like Sly said, he is a bit "picky" as to whom he chose to work with, so you being selected a mod pretty much sums it up.

Nobody likes someone who tries to fire their arse, so I can see (and understand) why this, on your part, is kind of mano-on-mano.

No, I said I would stop bringing it up when the election was over and it ceases to be relevant. I am still going to give Dagger a hard time, because I don't like him or the way he has run his campaign, essentially ignoring the issues and pming people, but I won't bring up this issue.

Tastycles yesterday said:
I would like to say, for the record, that Dagger has apologised now, and I have accepted that apology. I will continue to campaign against him, because he's the wrong choice, but I am not holding any sort of grudge against him, and when the election is done, I won't be bringing it up again.

Hmm.

The issues? Coco ignored the issues and it didn't bother you. I guarantee you Coco has been a cunt to at least one person on these forums before. Does that mean that everyone who voted for Coco is a cunt?

Tastycles, Im comfident that the "higher powers" of this board wouldn't "sell out" one of their Mods on the account of a mere complaint from a single poster. Like Sly said, he is a bit "picky" as to whom he chose to work with, so you being selected a mod pretty much sums it up.

I think I was a Mod before Sly was an admin, I can't remember, but that's beside the point. You make a good point that I had no chance of actually losing my job based on what Dagger said, but the fact that he was arrogant enough to think he would be able to influence mods in this way shows that he isn't a "nice guy" at all.

But people didn't just go for him for being the "nice guy". Some people just go for the underdog. I think he's a cunt too, but I hesitate to call everyone who voted for him a cunt.

I know I've been repped twice by him with :) not long after the final poll thread went up, once for posting my current rep and once for posting a list of wrestlers. Lets face it, that is an influence.

Nobody likes someone who tries to fire their arse, so I can see (and understand) why this, on your part, is kind of mano-on-mano.

Read the ultimatum thing.

What issues? What will honestly change if Dagger Dias becomes a moderator?
A conman got his way?

What issues? What will honestly change if Dagger Dias becomes a moderator?

Hmm.

The issues? Coco ignored the issues and it didn't bother you. I guarantee you Coco has been a cunt to at least one person on these forums before. Does that mean that everyone who voted for Coco is a cunt?

You know cherry picking posts works better if you don't include the bit that obviously states I'm talking about after the election has finished.

The issues being his gross inadequacies that have been pointed out by numerous people. Coco addressed the criticisms levelled at him head on, ditto Crock.

Coco may well have been a cunt to people, but not in a way that directly relates to this election - i.e. in pursuit of becoming a moderator.

Hmm.

I was going to vote for Crock, among others I'd assume. Crock said to vote Coco.

I'm probably still voting for Crock, because no mormon's gonna boss me around

A conman got his way?

What has Dagger Dias succeeded in getting? A bolded name? Is that really worth anything?

The issues being his gross inadequacies that have been pointed out by numerous people. Coco addressed the criticisms levelled at him head on, ditto Crock.

Coco may well have been a cunt to people, but not in a way that directly relates to this election - i.e. in pursuit of becoming a moderator.

What's the difference though? Let's just assume that Dagger Dias is an asshole and never should have won but now he has, what does that mean? Nothing. Let's just say Dagger Dias is inadequate in many ways, what does that matter? Dagger might as well have just won an election that was simply, "Vote for a person" - there's nothing worthwhile resulting from all this, so what's the big deal?

If there was a need for a really good moderator, and some piece of trash won instead of someone who could have actually done some good, I would agree with the general sentiment, but seeing as how I don't think anything changes for this forum or for Dagger (other than bolded name and a new forum access apparently) what's the big deal?

You know cherry picking posts works better if you don't include the bit that obviously states I'm talking about after the election has finished.

There is nothing cherry picked about those posts. One clearly says that you intend to not have an issue with him after the election and the other contradicts it. I don't see why you have such a hard time admitting the truth. It isn't like anyone blames you although I really believe you blew this up a little out of proportion in your mind over time.

Coco was adamant about not being serious and Crock didn't do anything the whole process.

How someone interacts with people has a fair amount to with being a moderator I would assume. A cunt is a cunt and if being one is that bad the circumstances shouldn't matter.

You weren't here when Sidious was here. If you were, you would know what happens when there is a mod that nobody likes.

There is nothing cherry picked about those posts. One clearly says that you intend to not have an issue with him after the election and the other contradicts it. I don't see why you have such a hard time admitting the truth. It isn't like anyone blames you although I really believe you blew this up a little out of proportion in your mind over time.

I've just re-read the second one. I've phrased that wrong entirely, I meant I was still going to give him a hard time now because of all of those things, and after I'd drop it, but it reads how you've implied. I'll be leaving him alone when he becomes a mod. There's no way I could really give him a hard time anyway when he becomes a mod, even if I wanted to.

I'm not bothered by this incident at all, except that I don't think Dagger should be a mod and this is part of the reason. I hadn't thought about it in the 6 months between finding out that he had done it until this election.

Coco was adamant about not being serious and Crock didn't do anything the whole process.

That may be the general perception, but every time someone said something about either of them, they were directly answered. The fact we're posting in the ten millionth Dagger thread of the campaign is indicative of the fact he's not directly addressed anything.

How someone interacts with people has a fair amount to with being a moderator I would assume. A cunt is a cunt and if being one is that bad the circumstances shouldn't matter.

That's true, but again, my lack of proof reading got the better of me, I meant to complete the sentence by saying that nobody has brought up Coco's cunt behaviour.

You know, it's really funny. When this whole election ordeal started I was very open-minded to the whole thing. I may not post a lot but I do quite often pass time by lurking the forums because I enjoy most of the "class" posters opinions that post here. I find it rather enjoyable and having good mods always helps in whatever section you care to read/post in. I've seen my fair share of mods. It says I joined in '09 but I lurked the forums long before that as well, so I've seen many come and go. I've had ordeals with a few of them. I mourned with everyone else when we lost a fantatic one. But all that is moot point. I came into this election with a completely open mind. I enjoyed reading what everyone had promised and all the rest. At first I tried to ignore the slander threads since everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If that's what you want to do, by all means and I'm definitely in no position to complain or bitch that threads like that are being made. If people aren't keen on Dagger, that is their own deal. Like I said, I've lurked a LONG time. I've seen all three post across the board. I take nothing away from any of them. Crock, Coco and Dagger are all fantastic posters. But after awhile, watching so many people bitch and moan and try to drag someone down, it gets old really fast. Sure, people may have things to hang over Dagger's head and condemn him for, but hell, who's perfect? Dagger never promised me anything, and by no means am I "new" here. I know how things work. I have no interest in free rep for my vote or anything like that. In my eyes, it's the people that consistantly bad-mouthed him that made it so he has such a commanding lead. You can tell me I'm wrong all you want, but I think Dagger has just as much to offer as anyone. If nothing else, the amount of effort he's put in to this election has to show for something. Hell, I'm sure me just posting this will get me labelled as some blind Dagger follower, but I don't care at this point. I voted for Dagger not because I was offered rep (I wasn't), not because he PM'd me and asked for my vote (he didn't, I actually reached out to him), but because everyone that has decided to bash him speaks volumes. How is doing that any better than anything you're holding against the guy? It isn't. It's downright silly.

So... have you lurked for a long time or ?

For all the 6 million "why are you arguing does any of this really matter?" comments, of course it doesn't matter. It's a wrestling forum literally nothing on here matters. To point out how pointless this whole thing is is just pointing out how pointless you having an account and posting on here is as well.

Also, still don't get how people don't realize the bottomline is that Dagger is a shit poster, homphobia and PMs and premaritals sex aside.

Clearly, the people either don't care or don't see it that way. They just see it as a way to hit back for every time they've ever been picked on or made to feel foolish. It was a losing battle the moment the majority of regular users voiced that Dagger is shit. If I'd had known that ahead of time, I'd have spent more time helping Crock or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back