A Message from Coco The Monkey to those who support Dagger Dias for mod

I know you have your reasons to vote Dagger. I didn't think that was the point of this thread. If you can see, I not only included how you wanted to support the best possible alternative to Coco, but I bolded it as well. I did not try to trim it or spin this to help either cause. But the fact still remains; despite your methods and despite your opinions on the candidates (which are valid), you still started the party to thwart Coco, did you not?

But you keep pushing Dagger even though at this point it's clear things won't work out. You're both under the impression that our party is big enough to get him to win even though there are so many people unaffiliated who come to the section and only see a thread pointing out every single flaw to Dagger with detail and precision.

I told him to reply and get people to start thinking differently by him speaking up. But instead he took two posts, pasted them together and basically said "no comment, period". He shut the door, Habs.

This isn't about dividing the ABC Party. I want them unified, but only if the cause that unifies them is pushing Crock for mod as Crock's the best alternative to me.

But you keep pushing Dagger even though at this point it's clear things won't work out. You're both under the impression that our party is big enough to get him to win even though there are so many people unaffiliated who come to the section and only see a thread pointing out every single flaw to Dagger with detail and precision.

I told him to reply and get people to start thinking differently by him speaking up. But instead he took two posts, pasted them together and basically said "no comment, period". He shut the door, Habs.

You may want to go back and review some of the campaign threads made in our subsection, prior to the second primary, and then rethink your comments. I never said our party would be big enough to win with our party alone. I said we would need to maintain full party support to maintain a numbers advantage, but that we would also need to steal a couple of guys from the other parties, as well as draw in some of the undecided voters. And you may recall what else I said about the various candidates' respective abilities to pull that off. And I got criticized for saying what I said. Go back and check KJ, and get back to me.

You may want to go back and review some of the campaign threads made in our subsection, prior to the second primary, and then rethink your comments. I never said our party would be big enough to win with our party alone. I said we would need to maintain full party support to maintain a numbers advantage, but that we would also need to steal a couple of guys from the other parties, as well as draw in some of the undecided voters. And you may recall what else I said about the various candidates' respective abilities to pull that off. And I got criticized for saying what I said. Go back and check KJ, and get back to me.

Is Dagger capable of those things? Call Murkley and then get back to ME.

Good Lord, Killjoy. Food For Thought.. Re-read it, it's like a goddamn crystal ball. Read it and come back and tell me what I said and how I saw things playing out.

Yeah. At this point, it's all irrelevant. And, yes. I've read it.

Regarding Killjoy, I really cannot criticize him either. I think his knowledge of and passion for TNA is terrific, and he'd be a good moderator there as well. All due respect, though, the suggestion is out there that he tends to be a little trigger happy with regards to reporting posts, many of which are borderline violations, or not violations at all. And I think he displays a strong pro TNA bias which is not necessarily a bad thing, but just seems to be a little redundant with IDR. I think I provide an alternative to, and some balance with, IDR, whereas Killjoy will just echo everything IDR is already saying and as such, won't be as effective a moderator as I would be. I do truly believe that Killjoy will be an excellent moderator on these forums- someday. But I don't think that day is today, and not by way of this election.

When choosing our candidate for the ABC Party, look first and foremost at who can do the job effectively. I think that will apply to all three of us. But then, look beyond this, to the whole idea of electability, ie, who can go face to face, head to head, with DFP or La Resistance, and give them all they can handle? Who can maintain current support within our party? Who can lure guys away from other parties? Who can draw in undecided voters from the general forum population? I would suggest that it isn't Dagger Dias. It isn't The Killjoy. It is hatehabsforever. I encourage you to think about all of this, and choose wisely when voting. After all, we want to ultimately choose someone who will win the election. Otherwise, it will have all been an exercise in futility.

My favorite bit.

So the man who founded the ABC Party has come right out and said it: From day one his party was about one thing and that was keeping me from getting a mod spot. Swell. But to continue to support Dagger Dias at this point just to stick it to me is to act in favour of an outcome which is detrimental to the board. While I know without a shadow of the doubt that I'm the best choice for moderator out of the three people still in this race, I'm also man enough to meet my most extreme opposition halfway. I understand that some of you think you have legitimate gripes with me. Fine. I'm not going to grovel for your votes. But I will ask you to act in the best interest of this forum because (and I'm only saying it once so that I don't seem too sentimental) I care about this place too damn much to see harm come to it in the form of Dagger Dias becoming a moderator. If for whatever reason you subscribe to the chief tenant of the ABC Party (that I'm unfit to be a moderator), don't vote for Dagger. Don't make him the only alternative to me. Make the reasonable choice and rally your support behind Crock. If not me, back Crock to the point where he's a viable answer to my popularity. Because Dagger for mod isn't the answer.
This is EXACTLY why Coco is a great choice for mod.

I was never voting Dagger anyways, but to stop Coco from being Mod is stupid. My final vote is gonna be stuck between Coco/Crock.

What would it matter if Killjoy echo'd what IDR said? there's more to being a mod than posting & creating threads, it seems like several posters are having trouble grasping that.

What would it matter if Killjoy echo'd what IDR said? there's more to being a mod than posting & creating threads, it seems like several posters are having trouble grasping that.

In all fairness, Justin, it was a campaign whereby I was trying to put myself over and exploit what little advantage I may have had. Not an easy task when you have virtually nothing negative to say about your opponent. Jesus, I did everything but campaign for KJ in that paragraph. I said I cannot criticize him. I talked about his terrific knowledge and passion for TNA. I made a couple of references to the fact that I think he'd be a great mod. I even said that my "criticism" of a TNA bias was not a bad thing. I had to find some minor flaw in KJ, which wasn't easy, to try to gain an edge over him, much like he tried to do to me, which I would have expected nothing less.

It's difficult when you like and respect your opponent, but you have to find something "negative" to say, when there's little to find. I doubt Killjoy was overly put out by it, it was a competition after all. Just ask Killjoy who one of the first group of people I contacted regarding the party was. He was one of the first I PM'd. Hard to campaign against that.

In all fairness, Justin, it was a campaign whereby I was trying to put myself over and exploit what little advantage I may have had. Not an easy task when you have virtually nothing negative to say about your opponent. Jesus, I did everything but campaign for KJ in that paragraph. I said I cannot criticize him. I talked about his terrific knowledge and passion for TNA. I made a couple of references to the fact that I think he'd be a great mod. I even said that my "criticism" of a TNA bias was not a bad thing. I had to find some minor flaw in KJ, which wasn't easy, to try to gain an edge over him, much like he tried to do to me, which I would have expected nothing less.

Exactly. Even if it's not an " advantage", there's nothing wrong with trying to word it that way in order to win the election. The fact that Habs and KJ were both running for TNA mod, and Habs finished far and away ahead of KJ, shows that statement of "advantage" worked. I don't care if he believed what he was saying, or not. It was sound strategy, to that extent.

So I'm guessing that makes my opinion worthless, right?

Never said that.

I'm merely pointing out that Dagger-voters are all n00bs whose minds are easily swayed by the dark side.

(Yes, I used a Star Wars reference. I figured that the virgins could relate to it better.)

Never said that.

I'm merely pointing out that Dagger-voters are all n00bs whose minds are easily swayed by the dark side.

(Yes, I used a Star Wars reference. I figured that the virgins could relate to it better.)

I know you didn't, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't implied.

I wouldn't count myself as a complete n00b, granted I haven't been around as long as a lot of people on here have, so I'm sure as hell not a regular either. Out of the three guys there, I'm most familiar with Dagger, and am generally a fan of his. I'm not as familiar with Crock and I'm not a Coco fan, so my personal choice is to go with the guy that I know I like. I'd rather do that than vote for someone I don't know much about, someone I don't really care for, or not vote at all.

Reactions: gd
I know you didn't, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't implied.

I wouldn't count myself as a complete n00b, granted I haven't been around as long as a lot of people on here have, so I'm sure as hell not a regular either. Out of the three guys there, I'm most familiar with Dagger, and am generally a fan of his. I'm not as familiar with Crock and I'm not a Coco fan, so my personal choice is to go with the guy that I know I like. I'd rather do that than vote for someone I don't know much about, someone I don't really care for, or not vote at all.

It's not that your opinion is worthless, but the regulars have a better perspective on all three candidates, and how things would play out if one of them became a mod. People who joined last month and have ~50 votes are getting PMed by Dagger, and they're just doing it because he asked them to. They're bullshit votes, but I guess that's an unfortunate part of any election process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back