TNA's Ironically Named PPV LD

That sucks :(

It does. I like those matches better as they are usually better and less predictable. With triple threats you know everything that's going to happen in them because they have been so overdone.

My thoughts exactly. If he gets the belt, you have a new guy in the main event, and he's obviously convincing as a big man. If he fails, you treat him like WWE did with CM Punk last year, and take the title off him until he is ready.

Exactly. Give the belt to someone who is more established and then they can start building him up more. Really, what's the worse that can happen? Fans hate him as champion even though they seem to be making him a babyface with that promo he cut on Impact. If they hate him then just make him a heel and I guess it can be said that it's working if the fans are hating him but ratings don't decrease.

I'm really looking foward to the PPV.

Not got a TNA one in awhile. I think last years VR.(was my birthday) So hopefully its not a let down. Will be here as I can as I don't got a computer and tv near each other.

If all I get out of tonight's PPV is a solid match between Foley and Nash, I can justify the $20 spent. And, since Foley can make anyone look good, and he's the best talker going right now, I'm sure this will be money well spent.

I am not expecting much out of this match because of the condition they are in. Although, Nash seems to be in good shape with bad knees. So I'm not going to be surprised if my expectations are exceeded.

However the match I am the most worried about is Rob vs. Hernandez. Rob is just terrible and I am scared that Hernandez won't be able to get a solid match out of him. Hopefully some of the veterans were nice enough to help Rob out and teach him a few things he could do in the match, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It's certainly a very average card. By my count only four matches guarantee being worth watching. As for the change of Morgan winning, Bound For Glory is rapidly approaching and no way in hell is he going to be in the main event, so don't hold your breath.

That being said, any ending other than 'Morgan turns on Sting and joins the Mafia' will do absolute wonders for his character and the match is sure to be decent. Beer Money against the British Invasion is my tip to steel the show. Roode and Storm are far and away the best tag team in the US right now, and Doug Williams will help them to
a great match. Joe and Homicide have worked together enough times before that the match will be enjoyable, and the X-division clusterfuck will be worth the money for spot value alone (how much do you want to be that we get to see an eight man tower of doom?).

Other than that though the card is poor. Foley and Nash was all about the build, and unless they work an old school hardcore brawl then there is little chance of them delivering. Same goes for 3D against the MEM, although Ray and Booker should carry that to OK status. My instinct is that Love against ODB is going to be a painful "comedy" match that makes me want to boycott the component, and we're not going to get a good match out of Rob Terry.

Oh, and Abyss is on the card, so we get to watch him get hit with a chair and win.

I can think of worse ways to spend an evening.

I am not expecting much out of this match because of the condition they are in. Although, Nash seems to be in good shape with bad knees. So I'm not going to be surprised if my expectations are exceeded.

Foley doesn't need to be "in shape" to have a good match. When's the last time he was in shape anyway? Nash will slow the match down, but the build should lead to an entertaining 10 minutes.

However the match I am the most worried about is Rob vs. Hernandez. Rob is just terrible and I am scared that Hernandez won't be able to get a solid match out of him. Hopefully some of the veterans were nice enough to help Rob out and teach him a few things he could do in the match, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This could be fixed by having Hernandez just annihilate him from bell to bell. After Rob smashed him with his briefcase on Thursday, I'm sure it's plausible to think Hernandez will be out for blood.

It's certainly a very average card. By my count only four matches guarantee being worth watching. As for the change of Morgan winning, Bound For Glory is rapidly approaching and no way in hell is he going to be in the main event, so don't hold your breath.

:(

That being said, any ending other than 'Morgan turns on Sting and joins the Mafia' will do absolute wonders for his character and the match is sure to be decent.

Agreed, and agreed.

Beer Money against the British Invasion is my tip to steel the show. Roode and Storm are far and away the best tag team in the US right now, and Doug Williams will help them to a great match.

I'm not a big fan of the Brits, so hopefully Beer Money can carry this to a good match.

Joe and Homicide have worked together enough times before that the match will be enjoyable, and the X-division clusterfuck will be worth the money for spot value alone (how much do you want to be that we get to see an eight man tower of doom?).

I actually forgot all their work in the past. I still don't want to see a shirtless Joe in any match, but I guess it could be worse. Homicide is underrated, so this could be a show stealer.

Other than that though the card is poor. Foley and Nash was all about the build, and unless they work an old school hardcore brawl then there is little chance of them delivering.

After seeing the segment on Impact!, I'd say that Foley will hardcore brawl, and Nash will try to keep his distance. This works for both of them...

Same goes for 3D against the MEM, although Ray and Booker should carry that to OK status.

Booker is horrible. I'm hoping the Dudleyz make this watchable.

My instinct is that Love against ODB is going to be a painful "comedy" match that makes me want to boycott the component, and we're not going to get a good match out of Rob Terry.

Love v. ODB will be downright awful, if only because ODB will be on my TV. The Beautiful People should at least make the segment watchable, no?

Oh, and Abyss is on the card, so we get to watch him get hit with a chair and win.

:D

I can think of worse ways to spend an evening.

While ordering the PPV, I saw that Hot And ****ty Cover Girls was $10 cheaper, and on at the same time. I still chose the PPV.

Foley doesn't need to be "in shape" to have a good match. When's the last time he was in shape anyway? Nash will slow the match down, but the build should lead to an entertaining 10 minutes.

Nash will definitely slow the match down but so will Foley. Foley is just slower these days because of everything he has done throughout his career. When I said that they are not in shape, I meant that they just can't wrestle like they could when they didn't have to deal with any of the things they have to deal with now. Nash has bad knees and you can tell Foley is just not the same after everything he has done in his career.

This could be fixed by having Hernandez just annihilate him from bell to bell. After Rob smashed him with his briefcase on Thursday, I'm sure it's plausible to think Hernandez will be out for blood.

I guess it could work but I think they could do something like before the match they have Hernandez sneak attack him so that if he does get annihilated he doesn't look weak since he was attacked before the match.

Nash will definitely slow the match down but so will Foley. Foley is just slower these days because of everything he has done throughout his career. When I said that they are not in shape, I meant that they just can't wrestle like they could when they didn't have to deal with any of the things they have to deal with now. Nash has bad knees and you can tell Foley is just not the same after everything he has done in his career.

Foley did just put himself through a table though. And, since the whole angle behind the match is that Foley has passion, while Nash wants money, it would look stupid to go out and try and have a "wrestling" match...

I guess it could work but I think they could do something like before the match they have Hernandez sneak attack him so that if he does get annihilated he doesn't look weak since he was attacked before the match.

I don't care how Rob looks after the match :lmao: Just let the bell ring, let Hernandez kick his ass, do the suicide dive onto the Brits when they show up, and then finisher/pin. Pretty simple. Maybe let Rob jump Hernandez pre-match, so it looks like he did something.

No level of squash will leave Hernandez looking as good as he does right now. They just handed him the biggest win of his career over Joe, and any kind of match with Terry is going to look like a step backwards are drain from his momentum.

No level of squash will leave Hernandez looking as good as he does right now. They just handed him the biggest win of his career over Joe, and any kind of match with Terry is going to look like a step backwards are drain from his momentum.

Maybe make it a "no contest"? Rob jumps him in the back before the match...Leaves him laid out...During the Brits tag match, Rob interferes, Hernandez comes out and cleans house, bandaged up head and all...

I'm pumped for the Terry v. Hernandez match, I'm a Terry mark.

This makes me happy I'm facing you in the WZPC. Now go finish your picks, so I can post our picks for CM...

Shame they aren't doing a pre show match. I always find them more enjoyable than the same vinaigrettes looped over a half a dozen times.

It seems like a shitty PPV with matches no one cares or two wrestlers who are past their prime.

Steel Asylum Match:
WTF! is the point with that ?It's not even for the title. It'll be an exciting spotfest to open the PPV nothing more nothing less.

Hernandez vs Rob Terry:
No build up and again we are getting a match that no one gives a shit about.Is it that hardo to book Hernandez against Brutus Magnus.

British Invasion vs Beer Money IWGP titles:
It's not even TNA's title and what does Beer Money have something to do with these titles ? Why the fuck would I have to give a shit about a match that I've seen before and for the title that's not even TNA's.

Homicide vs Samoa Joe:
I don't see anything special in this match. We'll probably get Joe dominating Homicide and winning or dq'ing himself.

Abbys vs Jethro Holiday:
Don't even need to comment about this match.Even a gimmick can't save this match.

Foley vs Nash:
Even though I loved the segment between two on last iMPACT I don't look forward to this match.Both of them past their pride.Foley'll probably get the win.

Steiner/Booker vs Team 3D:
I don't think the match will be boring as hell but I don't think we'll see something great. It will be a decent match at best. 4 wrestlers again past their prime but you should give a credit you don't have too many choices while having Steiner and Booker as your tag champions.

Angelina Love vs ODB:
We've seen this match 1000000 times before on iMPACT so why would it make difference on PPV.

Main event:
Again the match has no fucking build up but at least exciting. We all know title will change hands but it's still a huge question mark who will win it. Hopefully not Sting again. It's the only exciting match that I'm looking forward on PPV. I think even TNA still thinks what to do.

I'm not a TNA hater I actually love the product but the reason TNA has been making shitty numbers from PPV's is simple. They put lots of matches that people don't give a shit about or put wrestlers that are way their prime.The only match I'm really excited about is main event.

It's actually Love and Sky v. ODB and Deaner in a tag match, yeah I didn't find out till Thursday either.

In other news, I got a new sig to promote the event.

How exactly does promos from Angle and Sting three weeks out of four, and an entire seperate program to determine the third man, constitute 'no build up'?

Anyway, my picks for the night are Suicide, Supermex, Beer Money, Joe, Abyss, Nash, MEM, Love and Angle.

It's actually Love and Sky v. ODB and Deaner in a tag match, yeah I didn't find out till Thursday either.

In other news, I got a new sig to promote the event.

Having it as a tag match makes it a bit more watchable...

Zack seriously marked out when he saw Sting and Foley in the pre-show video.

Steel Asylum Match: I'm a big of the Guns, but I'll go with Suicide. Seems like the best pick, unless they plan on putting Daniels against Joe.

Hernandez vs Rob Terry: Hernandez

British Invasion vs Beer Money: Beer Money

Homicide vs Samoa Joe: Samoa Joe :glare:

Abyss vs Jethro Holiday: Abyss

Foley vs Nash: Foley

Steiner/Booker vs Team 3D: Team 3D

Beautiful People vs ODB/Deaner: Beautiful People

Kurt Angle v. Sting v. Matt Morgan: Matt Morgan

What are the chances Burke wins? If he doesn't, he'll at least be a spot monkey...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back