Thread ****s, A.K.A. "Chances Are, You Don't Deserve Your Own Thread"

It's been said before but I'll say it again, it's the internet.

Nothing on it needs to earned or warranted, as good or bad as it is.

I earned my thread, somehow. It shows, because people actually care and want to talk to me. An official thread should be a surprise out of the blue if you've earned it. It shouldn't be made just because someone complains about not having one.

And the internet is a medium for people to communicate with each other. It's no different from earning things in any other form. Just because you're anonymous doesn't mean societal rules are out of the window. At least, it shouldn't mean that...

See, now this is where the "line of acceptance" comes into play. I mean, If it is for the reasons D listed.. To have conversations with that particular poster.. Then yeah, why not? People find that person interesting, and they want to talk to them (NorCal or X for example). Shouldn't matter how long they been here though. Could be someone of 2 months, or 2 years. If they are interesting enough, and people want to talk with them, there you go.

But if it is some stupid ass hate thread that is way over done.. Then why bother? There is 2 or 3 of them a day, and every thread turns into a hate thread at some point anyway (for the most part) so why do they need an *Official* thread for it?

Hell, might as well just make something called "The [OFFICIAL] Hate Thread" and everyone goes in there to bitch out everyone else.

See, now this is where the "line of acceptance" comes into play. I mean, If it is for the reasons D listed.. To have conversations with that particular poster.. Then yeah, why not? People find that person interesting, and they want to talk to them (NorCal or X for example). Shouldn't matter how long they been here though. Could be someone of 2 months, or 2 years. If they are interesting enough, and people want to talk with them, there you go.

But if it is some stupid ass hate thread that is way over done.. Then why bother? There is 2 or 3 of them a day, and every thread turns into a hate thread at some point anyway (for the most part) so why do they need an *Official* thread for it?

Hell, might as well just make something called "The [OFFICIAL] Hate Thread" and everyone goes in there to bitch out everyone else.

I genuinely nominate Mongoose for most improved for the end of the year awards. Not saying he should win, but there is a dramatic difference in how he posts now compared to the previous shit he would say.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, it's the internet.

Nothing on it needs to earned or warranted, as good or bad as it is.

Cop-out 101

Is it YOUR forum? Yes, it's the internet but this forum is like someone's home. You need to show it respect and give respect to its most important members out of sheer courtesy. If it's veterans and leaders say things should happen one way, instead of going against the grain, maybe everyone should "respect" it and listen.

I earned my thread, somehow. It shows, because people actually care and want to talk to me.

Absolutely well-deserved and earned.

An official thread should be a surprise out of the blue if you've earned it. It shouldn't be made just because someone complains about not having one.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way.

And the internet is a medium for people to communicate with each other. It's no different from earning things in any other form. Just because you're anonymous doesn't mean societal rules are out of the window. At least, it shouldn't mean that...

THIS

Would it be appropriate to say that Slyfox is the man of the house, then? Or would it belong to the likes of Crave and Chris Cash?

I genuinely nominate Mongoose for most improved for the end of the year awards. Not saying he should win, but there is a dramatic difference in how he posts now compared to the previous shit he would say.

Thanks Armbar. I actually didn't even know there was any awards for things until yesterday. But I'm not going to sit here and say I should get this or that.

Yeah, there is a difference. I stopped trying to impress. Don't care one way or the other now. Figured I was better off being myself, than putting up some E-Charade.

Yeah, there is a difference. I stopped trying to impress. Don't care one way or the other now. Figured I was better off being myself, than putting up some E-Charade.

Bingo kid. You aren't always going to please everyone. I'm liked for the most part but there are people who didn't like me and I'm sure there still are some. It's just the way it is unless you're Dave.

Let it die. Not saying anything bad about you, just saying that there are so damn many and only a few are worth keeping up with. Hell, I don't even bump my own.

I also think Mongoose deserves to be nominated in that category. Armbar obviously deserves a nomination in ROTY (Though I'd Vote for Crock or Jose if He's Allowed In).

I'm Guessing that Mentor/Mentee will go to Doc/SSC.

Yeah, neither do I. It was a pointless thread. Someone made it because he was mad at me for ripping into him for some over done Cean hate. I could have done the Jenks thing and kept it going to the point no one cared. But why bother?

I also think Mongoose deserves to be nominated in that category. Armbar obviously deserves a nomination in ROTY (Though I'd Vote for Crock or Jose if He's Allowed In).

I'm Guessing that Mentor/Mentee will go to Doc/SSC.

Well fuck you then.

I will CRUSH both of your choices and then *********e with your tears.

Just curious, do I deserve my own thread or should I just let it die?

Let it die.

No offense, but you were a Bar Room regular for almost a year, you disappeared for almost a year, came back, and all of a sudden you have a thread now? It's just pointless.

:lmao:That was too funny.

If it matters, I legitimately lost my virginity to the movie in your sig.

Well, I didn't lose my virginity literally to the movie, it's not like a fucked a VHS copy of the Lion King, it was playing during the first sleepover with the opposite sex I had ever had.

If it matters, I legitimately lost my virginity to the movie in your sig.

Well, I didn't lose my virginity literally to the movie, it's not like a fucked a VHS copy of the Lion King, it was playing during the first sleepover with the opposite sex I had ever had.

That's an...interesting story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back