Should I do so?

Should I start reviewing wrestling stuff?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ain't is actually an accepted abbreviation for "am not", like if Braun Strowman shouted "I AIN'T FINISHED WITH YOU!" before tossing Roman Reigns into a minefield, it would be totally appropriate according to Merriam Webster.
When did that happen?

Also, minefield. You never fail to add another word to my vocabulary.

*Requests Bayley to give you a hug*

When did that happen?

Also, minefield. You never fail to add another word to my vocabulary.

*Requests Bayley to give you a hug*

It was either in a network special or I imagined the whole thing.

Braun threw Roman into a minefield, all the mines exploded and Roman stumbled away. Braun then ran over Roman with a golfcart, dropped an anvil on his groin, made him eat a lit firecracker and summoned a meteor to smash into him. I honestly think that Roman gets off on it.

It was either in a network special or I imagined the whole thing.

Braun threw Roman into a minefield, all the mines exploded and Roman stumbled away. Braun then ran over Roman with a golfcart, dropped an anvil on his groin, made him eat a lit firecracker and summoned a meteor to smash into him. I honestly think that Roman gets off on it.
When you're joining WWE Creative? At least, I'll watch everything written by you and be entertained.

As far as reviewing goes, you should do it in whatever language Killjoy does it in and collaborate.
I already have to deal with idiots passing kayfabe promos as ''interviews'' and promotions hounding me about how I dig up stuff. I don't need an idiot with an identity crisis too.

It's been a week since you posted the thread. Let's see a review.

Can I know why?

Ain't is associated with dumb people. Doesn't matter if some dictionary says it is a word. Don't use it.

Also, how many tissues was Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns at Payback worth? Seems like a lot of people liked it. Eager to hear your view on it.

Ain't is associated with dumb people. Doesn't matter if some dictionary says it is a word. Don't use it.

Also, how many tissues was Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns at Payback worth? Seems like a lot of people liked it. Eager to hear your view on it.

This is pretty much it Kapu. Using the word "ain't" is seen as the user being uneducated or lazy. Not the best word to use.

I would be interested to see a review from you on a match from Payback as well. Any match would do.

The first time I saw this thread it was just the original post and the first couple replies. Quite the blowup since then.
Do it, I'll read em. I myself previously had interest in reviewing, but I came to find myself preferring just to read reviews of others and debating amongst myself my stance on their points.

The English language has silent fucking letters kapu, if saying ain't is lazy it's because you haven't put in something that makes no sense in it, so I wouldn't really worry about that. Although I tend to agree that ain't isn't the best word, i just cannot accept that it shouldn't be used. Not that Navi or Rock or GSB etc have made this rule or trying to enforce it, it just seems silly the general thought about ain't is lazy when the English language is the most ******ed thing. Silent letters, having c when there is already S and K, PH makes an f sounds. Like come on, nothing is already more ******ed than the language so don't feel like you are limited to a set of words. I would rather be simple than add unnecessary shit.

The English language has silent fucking letters kapu, if saying ain't is lazy it's because you haven't put in something that makes no sense in it, so I wouldn't really worry about that. Although I tend to agree that ain't isn't the best word, i just cannot accept that it shouldn't be used. Not that Navi or Rock or GSB etc have made this rule or trying to enforce it, it just seems silly the general thought about ain't is lazy when the English language is the most ******ed thing. Silent letters, having c when there is already S and K, PH makes an f sounds. Like come on, nothing is already more ******ed than the language so don't feel like you are limited to a set of words. I would rather be simple than add unnecessary shit.

Perception is important here. The perception of ain't is that stupid people use it. There are better words that can be used in place of ain't. If someone I did not know started using the word ain't, I would assume they are not that smart. That is the perception of the word. I wouldn't try to fight this. There is really no way to win this type of battle. The stigma of the word is pretty much set in stone.

Perception is important here. The perception of ain't is that stupid people use it. There are better words that can be used in place of ain't. If someone I did not know started using the word ain't, I would assume they are not that smart. That is the perception of the word. I wouldn't try to fight this. There is really no way to win this type of battle. The stigma of the word is pretty much set in stone.

I think it's a shame you'd judge someone's intellect on how they speak. The beautiful thing about language is it takes many forms. Think of all the accents and slang.

I think it's a shame you'd judge someone's intellect on how they speak. The beautiful thing about language is it takes many forms. Think of all the accents and slang.

I agree that judging a book by its cover is not fair. This is not to say I would never get past something like this. Initially my perception of the person would not be good. Try using the word ain't and you'll find out that I am not alone in this view. People are not rational beings. It should not matter that someone uses ain't. Unfortunately, it does.

As for the review, time issues won't permit me now. Finals have started and I'll have little time to do. Considering the format I'll use, it will require a good amount of time which I'll be able to do only after the finals.

Sorry for the lateness.

The problem with "ain't" is that no educated person will write it. It's one thing to use the word in casual speech...slang is understandable there, if not expected. But writing is different, as one has far more time to consider the verbage being used. I very rarely use the word "ain't" in everyday life, but I know there are times I do, because it's fairly common in the area of the county I live. But you will never see me write it, unless I'm using it intentionally for a specific purpose.

I don't know if I judge a person's intellect if they use the word "ain't" in writing, but I certainly judge their education and knowledge of the language.

English itself is a pretty whacked out language. We have words that are spelled idiotically like "idiotically" where you'd look like a raving buffoon if you spelled that same word as "idioticly". We're programmed to accept rules of spelling and grammar that at their core are based on pretentious assholes' whims.

We have words that are spelled the way they are for literally no fucking reason except that we just fucking do it that way and we're proud of that, words like "little" where you'll be chastised for being a cro-magnon neckbeard if you dared to spell it as "littel". But it's totally okay for you to brag about your novel about an angel that's on a different level.

Then there's words like "debt" and "receipt" that only have silent consonants to remind one of their origins, which is pretty fucking stupid considering that if it mattered that much to you to understand the etymology of a word you'd have had to look up its origins anyway.

English itself is a pretty whacked out language. We have words that are spelled idiotically like "idiotically" where you'd look like a raving buffoon if you spelled that same word as "idioticly". We're programmed to accept rules of spelling and grammar that at their core are based on pretentious assholes' whims.

We have words that are spelled the way they are for literally no fucking reason except that we just fucking do it that way and we're proud of that, words like "little" where you'll be chastised for being a cro-magnon neckbeard if you dared to spell it as "littel". But it's totally okay for you to brag about your novel about an angel that's on a different level.

Then there's words like "debt" and "receipt" that only have silent consonants to remind one of their origins, which is pretty fucking stupid considering that if it mattered that much to you to understand the etymology of a word you'd have had to look up its origins anyway.

I've always found it funny that the word "phonetic", given it's meaning, is not easy to spell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back