Should I do so?

Should I start reviewing wrestling stuff?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can try to answer that here.

Most importantly in India, Kayfabe is shockingly strong. Ultra strong. Heck not even two years ago, Kayfabe was well alive for me. And I myself have couple of friends who think about Roman Reigns as the best wrestler ever. He's a god to them. Here it ain't much about feuds, match quality etc. You'll find Cena and Reigns' fans a lot here.

I even read some fans asking WWE to fire Braun Strowman after that brutal beat down of Roman Reigns. It's legitimate for them. It's less about WWE visiting India rarely and more about the ultra strong kayfabe.

See this is what I mean. When I read that fans boo a certain wrestler because "it's cool to do so", no they don't. It just seems to happen here in North America. In other countries that would never happen. For example, Indian fans seem to cheer the faces and boo the heel's, not here, we boo the faces and cheer the heels. God knows why but it happens.

It's amazing that two cultures can think so differently even though they have the same access to the same information. In India you have the internet and access to the dirt sheets, but seem to choose to ignore it. It's a totally different mindset. In Japan they don't chant or make the kinds of noise we see on RAW and SD, they are very respectful of the sport. Again totally different than what we see each week on RAW and SD. That's the kind of things you might want to look at and write about.

Or are we just a bunch of uncultured buffoons who shouldn't be allowed to go outside the front door.

Well, that's just false.

Of course there are stupid questions. If I just tell you I have $100 in my pocket and you ask me 2 minutes later how much money I have in my pocket, despite me not having spent any, that's a stupid question. If I tell you how to hammer a nail and then you ask me how to hammer a nail, that's a stupid question. And if you ask me why something's missing from the main page, when A) the opening post clearly states we have nothing to do with the main page and B) the thing about which you're asking is still on the main page, then that's a stupid question.

Okay well that's a fair point. I just look at it like no one asks a "stupid" question on purpose so it's not really stupid. If it was on purpose then there ya go, so I guess I do tell a lie about being no such thing as a stupid question. It's more lack of awareness rather than lack of common sense in this case I think.

My go to example of a stupid question.

When I was in college, I had to walk about a mile from my class to the main parking lot. I'm heading up there one day and it starts to pour with some of the hardest rain I've ever seen. I finally get to the car and the water is just dripping off me. On the way home, I stop by the comic book store. After running through more rain to get inside, I look at the cashier and say "Man it's coming down out there." The window is open and you can see/hear the rain.

A few seconds after I say that, a woman in the store looks up at me, with water dripping off of me and asks, "Is it raining outside?"

I try not to be overly sarcastic/rude to people but I looked at her and said "No, there's a renegade clown on the roof throwing water balloons at people. Yes, it is raining."

And I didn't change anything.
...:disappointed:

Again if some people think that I'm a terrible poster, does it make me terrible?
No, you being a bad poster is what makes you a bad poster. You shouldn't accept it, you should try to prove them wrong by improving.

I'll have a problem when those people are totally impartial.
I'm impartial and you don't seem to have a problem with it. :shrug:

You seem to think I have a problem with you personally. I don't. You seem like a fairly nice person. But your posts are not good. And you shouldn't be a wrestling reviewer.

It's not personal at all, it's merely objective analysis.

I was worse when I joined.
I know.
Sly, is there such a thing as a stupid question?
Oh, absolutely.

Okay well that's a fair point. I just look at it like no one asks a "stupid" question on purpose so it's not really stupid. If it was on purpose then there ya go, so I guess I do tell a lie about being no such thing as a stupid question. It's more lack of awareness rather than lack of common sense in this case I think.
If someone knew their question was stupid, they probably wouldn't ask it. The fact they do ask a stupid question is reflective of their thinking at that point in time. And if they continuously ask stupid questions...

ME NEXT! I have three examples.

Troubled Youth

I was working at the front desk of a gym in Mississippi back in 2003, it was called The Blake Fitness Center, and a confused young woman pops in with a friend of hers. They were apparently there to meet someone else.

The Young woman asks "Is this the Blake Fitness Center?" to which I happily responded "Yes it is Ma'am".

Her friend then asks "Is this the Blake Fitness Center that's across the street from the hospital?" I paused for a moment to tell if she was being facetious. When I realized that she was being serious, I pointed to the hospital across the street through the glass front doors and said "That's the hospital across the street."

The Pet Human

In 2010 I was a supervisor at something that people in my profession call a "chow hall", The Ray V. Hensman Dining Facility.

I was sitting at a computer in the break room with my mind on something, and suddenly one of my subordinates asks "How do you spell Ray V. Hensman?" I had to shake my head a few times to get my bearings, and I looked at her expecting that she would be cracking a smile but instead she was giving me a look of genuine confusion. I responded by pointing to a memorandum on our safety notice bulletin board that had the name spelled out.

She wasn't done. She then asked "I mean, is it 's' or apostrophe 's'?" At this point, I was starting to get ticked off. I threw my hands up and asked "What in God's name are you talking about!?"

I don't remember exactly how she explained the thoughts in her head, but in a nutshell she was under the impression that a kitchen is a metaphor for a "V-Hensman". Like that's just some kind of pointless word that was made up one day and it clearly means "kitchen". She thought that the V-Hensman in question was appropriated by a guy named Ray, thus she wanted to know if a possessive apostrophe was necessary.

Fun note about that gal, I'd often have to shout at her because she'd be nodding off at the flat grill.

Simple Solution

Going back to 2010 again, and a different young whipper-snapper. This was around when all you saw on the news was updates on the BP oil leak.

One of my more educated friends and I were openly contemplating that event, and young subordinate came over and started to offer her thoughts.

At one point she asks "Can't they just turn the oil off?" in a tone as if to suggest that BP is stupid for having not realized that they could do that.

My friend and I just stopped, cold, and stared at her. My friend actually looked terrified. We walked away and didn't speak much for the rest of the day.

ME NEXT! I have three examples.

Troubled Youth

I was working at the front desk of a gym in Mississippi back in 2003, it was called The Blake Fitness Center, and a confused young woman pops in with a friend of hers. They were apparently there to meet someone else.

The Young woman asks "Is this the Blake Fitness Center?" to which I happily responded "Yes it is Ma'am".

Her friend then asks "Is this the Blake Fitness Center that's across the street from the hospital?" I paused for a moment to tell if she was being facetious. When I realized that she was being serious, I pointed to the glass front doors and said "That's the hospital across the street."

The Pet Human

In 2010 I was a supervisor at something that people in my profession call a "chow hall", The Ray V. Hensman Dining Facility.

I was sitting at a computer in the break room with my mind on something, and suddenly one of my subordinates asks "How do you spell Ray V. Hensman?" I had to shake my head a few times to get my bearings, and I looked at her expecting that she would be cracking a smile but instead she was giving me a look of genuine confusion. I responded by pointing to a memorandum on our safety notice bulletin board that had the name spelled out.

She wasn't done. She then asked "I mean, is it 's' or apostrophe 's'?" At this point, I was starting to get ticked off. I threw my hands up and asked "What in God's name are you talking about!?"

I don't remember exactly how she explained the thoughts in her head, but in a nutshell she was under the impression that a kitchen is a metaphor for a "V-Hensman". Like that's just some kind of pointless word that was made up one day and it clearly means "kitchen". She thought that the V-Hensman in question was appropriated by a guy named Ray, thus she wanted to know if a possessive apostrophe was necessary.

Fun note about that gal, I'd often have to shout at her because she'd be nodding off at the flat grill.

Simple Solution

Going back to 2010 again, and a different young whipper-snapper. This was around when all you saw on the news was updates on the BP oil leak.

One of my more educated friends and I were openly contemplating that event, and young subordinate came over and started to offer her thoughts.

At one point she asks "Can't they just turn the oil off?" in a tone as if to suggest that BP is stupid for having not realized that they could do that.

My friend and I just stopped, cold, and stared at her. My friend actually looked terrified. We walked away and didn't speak much for the rest of the day.

If we're going to swap examples of stupid questions, my wife works at a low cost law firm, in a poor and fairly uneducated rural town. I'll get back to you later tonight with three of her best ones today. :)

With all due respect, I don't see why you're disappointed when I am telling the truth.

No, you being a bad poster is what makes you a bad poster. You shouldn't accept it, you should try to prove them wrong by improving.
Well, I don't need to improve for proving them wrong. I need to improve for myself and I'm improving. But I don't think that I'm a bad poster.

I'm impartial and you don't seem to have a problem with it. :shrug:
I don't think that you were impartial here. If I don't know something, I'll ask the staff as I did. But if I repeatedly ask the same question, that'll make my question stupid.

You seem to think I have a problem with you personally. I don't.
Nopes. It's just a misunderstanding.

You seem like a fairly nice person.
Thanks.
But your posts are not good.
Some are and some ain't. But again I have improved and trying to improve more.

And you shouldn't be a wrestling reviewer.
Again, I ain't even thinking of becoming a professional wrestling reviewer. I'll just scribble down whatever I feel about a match, feud etc. It's more of a hobby.

Then why do you feel that I ain't improving?

I'll clarify again. I'll start this as just a hobby. Of analysing wrestling. And also indirectly improve my vocabulary. No site making. Just a thread here. And that's what I intended to do in the first place.

Oh my god, I think we need to change the title of this thread.

I just remembered an example of a question that was so stupid that you wanted to physically harm the guy who asked it. It was one of those questions where you would feel betrayed as a human being knowing that another human being would sink so low on the stupidity index.

I was the safety representative when I was going on one of my fun work trips, which meant that anytime there was a staff meeting I'd have to sit in.

Christmas was coming up, and the bosses really wanted to make sure that they weren't excluding anyone who might celebrate a holiday around that time that's not Christmas. It should be mentioned that there are fifteen people in this room, and only one of them is Black.

One of my fellow White guys wonders out loud if we have anyone in our group who celebrates Kwanzaa. Another White guy, with the purest intentions, turns to the one Black guy and asks "How is Kwanzaa celebrated?"

The Black guy just stares at him for about ten seconds and says "I don't know" in a tone that was as if Dolemite was answering.

Oh my god, I think we need to change the title of this thread.

I just remembered an example of a question that was so stupid that you wanted to physically harm the guy who asked it. It was one of those questions where you would feel betrayed as a human being knowing that another human being would sink so low on the stupidity index.

I was the safety representative when I was going on one of my fun work trips, which meant that anytime there was a staff meeting I'd have to sit in.

Christmas was coming up, and the bosses really wanted to make sure that they weren't excluding anyone who might celebrate a holiday around that time that's not Christmas. It should be mentioned that there are fifteen people in this room, and only one of them is Black.

One of my fellow White guys wonders out loud if we have anyone in our group who celebrates Kwanzaa. Another White guy, with the purest intentions, turns to the one Black guy and asks "How is Kwanzaa celebrated?"

The Black guy just stares at him for about ten seconds and says "I don't know" in a tone that was as if Dolemite was answering.
That's hilarious.

One of my favorites is during summer school one year, a teacher messaged us that one of the computers in one of the labs had a funny odor. So we join her and her class up in the lab and try to sniff out which one it is. We don't have to search very long, as the teacher points out that one of the computers now has black smoke coming out of it. The computer essentially caught fire (no open flame though) and burned up. So we rush over, unplug it and take it with us back to the tech office, where we start the process of disposing it (checking for spare parts, removing from inventory, etc.).

A couple hours after this teacher smelled the computer burn and watch the black smoke come out of this computer, she bursts into our tech office and asks, in a very unfriendly tone, "When are you going to put that computer back in?".

It took everything I had to not laugh at her for her stupidity. I wanted to say "the thing was on FIRE! It's not going back in, you stupid moron!". But I didn't, I was professional. But it wasn't easy.

With all due respect, I don't see why you're disappointed when I am telling the truth.
Because I've heard this same tale told many a time..."Something is different only for me, but I didn't do anything to make it different".

Seriously, I hear that all the time. Almost never is it accurate.

I don't think that you were impartial here.
I was. How would I not have been impartial?
If I don't know something, I'll ask the staff as I did. But if I repeatedly ask the same question, that'll make my question stupid.
Nah, that's not how stupid questions work.

Some are and some ain't.
So your position is that you are inconsistently a mediocre poster? And that's supposed to strengthen your position...how?

Again, I ain't even thinking of becoming a professional wrestling reviewer.
Didn't say you were.

I'll just scribble down whatever I feel about a match, feud etc. It's more of a hobby.
Which you were clearly going to do regardless of the feedback in this thread, as you said.

So, again, why bother making the thread?

Then why do you feel that I ain't improving?
I didn't say that you hadn't improved. Go back and read what I actually said.

I said you are not a good poster. And when you said you didn't care, I said that was unfortunate because it suggests a lack of desire to improve. What happened in the past is of no consequence to the conversation we are having at the moment.

This is not hard to understand.

I'll clarify again.
I don't care. You asked the question, I answered it. Another poster or two asked for evidence to support my position and I provided it. You said you didn't care if people saw you as a poor poster and I commented on that.

Obviously I'm not going to stop you from posting reviews, no matter how terrible they are, assuming you don't violate the rules. But that doesn't mean you should.

I work on a I.T help desk and quite regularly have to get a remote connection to some people computers. A lot of these people plug they're laptop in a monitor and use that as a screen. Both the monitors and the laptops have 'gold label numbers' which we use to connect.

The amount of times someone has given me a gold label off of a monitor when they are in a laptop is unbelievable. It's a fucking screen you morons you obviously use the laptop to work on so I obviously need the number off there. not some shitty monitor

My go to example of a stupid question.

When I was in college, I had to walk about a mile from my class to the main parking lot. I'm heading up there one day and it starts to pour with some of the hardest rain I've ever seen. I finally get to the car and the water is just dripping off me. On the way home, I stop by the comic book store. After running through more rain to get inside, I look at the cashier and say "Man it's coming down out there." The window is open and you can see/hear the rain.

A few seconds after I say that, a woman in the store looks up at me, with water dripping off of me and asks, "Is it raining outside?"

I try not to be overly sarcastic/rude to people but I looked at her and said "No, there's a renegade clown on the roof throwing water balloons at people. Yes, it is raining."

That was a stupid thing to say. Of course any clown throwing water balloons would be a renegade. Did you work for the Department of Redundancy Department while in college?

I work on a I.T help desk and quite regularly have to get a remote connection to some people computers. A lot of these people plug they're laptop in a monitor and use that as a screen. Both the monitors and the laptops have 'gold label numbers' which we use to connect.

The amount of times someone has given me a gold label off of a monitor when they are in a laptop is unbelievable. It's a fucking screen you morons you obviously use the laptop to work on so I obviously need the number off there. not some shitty monitor
As someone who has worked on an IT Help Desk, how often have you heard "something used to work but now doesn't but I didn't do anything different", only for you to help them with the problem by fixing whatever thing they had changed?

Because I've heard this same tale told many a time..."Something is different only for me, but I didn't do anything to make it different".

Seriously, I hear that all the time. Almost never is it accurate.
Care to elaborate a bit? Because I didn't get what you meant here.

I was. How would I not have been impartial?
Because you ain't considering my point of view while I'm considering both. You use WrestleZone on a computer and I do on a phone. I had something to ask about phone and you found it stupid. Just because you weren't facing it, it doesn't make my question stupid.

Nah, that's not how stupid questions work.
Again the question was legitimate for me as I was facing the problem so I asked. It was stupid to you because you didn't face any such problem.

So your position is that you are inconsistently a mediocre poster?
Who's consistently improving.

And that's supposed to strengthen your position...how?
I didn't get this either.

Didn't say you were.
True.

Which you were clearly going to do regardless of the feedback in this thread, as you said.

So, again, why bother making the thread?
Again. I'll let it in capital this time. 50% WAS YES FROM ME. 50% FROM THIS THREAD.

I didn't say that you hadn't improved. Go back and read what I actually said.

I said you are not a good poster. And when you said you didn't care, I said that was unfortunate because it suggests a lack of desire to improve. What happened in the past is of no consequence to the conversation we are having at the moment.

This is not hard to understand.
I would like to know when I took upon I don't care attitude like you're referring here.

I don't care. You asked the question, I answered it. Another poster or two asked for evidence to support my position and I provided it.
Which evidence wasn't stupid at all. You used a wrong evidence.

You said you didn't care if people saw you as a poor poster and I commented on that.
Again never said that i didn't care.

Obviously I'm not going to stop you from posting reviews, no matter how terrible they are, assuming you don't violate the rules. But that doesn't mean you should.
Thanks for your suggestion.

As someone who has worked on an IT Help Desk, how often have you heard "something used to work but now doesn't but I didn't do anything different", only for you to help them with the problem by fixing whatever thing they had changed?

Every. Single. Day.

Oh no I didn't do anything wrong. If they told me what they did in the first place it would get solved quicker and save us all time.

Honestly It's no use talking about the issue I'm still facing when it's not even a issue at a computer.

What I get is that it's because of Disqus section.

On the topic of stupid questions, there was the time back when I was in the 11th grade. One of my classmates genuinely asked the teacher this question and she was 100% serious. "Who wrote The Diary Of Anne Frank?"

Every. Single. Day.

Oh no I didn't do anything wrong. If they told me what they did in the first place it would get solved quicker and save us all time.
Oh, yeah. I get that all the time too. So when I see "It doesn't work like it used to but I didn't do anything", it tends to cause eye rolling.

Oh, yeah. I get that all the time too. So when I see "It doesn't work like it used to but I didn't do anything", it tends to cause eye rolling.

Then there's the '' I'm rubbish with computers''. You better not be because you work on one everyday. People just go to shit when they ring a help desk and act like remedials.

The ones who get me are the people who call me on my home phone and when I answer say something stupid like "Oh you're home?" or "Where are you?". Usually I try to control myself from yelling at them considering I'm married to one of the worst offenders.

The ones who get me are the people who call me on my home phone and when I answer say something stupid like "Oh you're home?" or "Where are you?". Usually I try to control myself from yelling at them considering I'm married to one of the worst offenders.
It's like going to theatre to watch a movie and being asked "Film dekhne aaye ho?". Aka "Have you arrived to watch a fim?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back