NFL Week One LD - IT'S BAAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!

You know, I'm starting to think this young Brady fellow might be pretty good. He may have a bright future in this league :)

Holy shit...did I just see that? Patriots from the 1 foot line, in the Shotgun, throws a 99 yard TD pass?

You did indeed. Brady ties the NFL record for longest pass at 99 (and a half) yards to Welker for the TD. That was a hell of a catch and run from Welker.

500+ yards for Brady in this game so far, setting a new single game record for the Pats and apparently for a Monday Night Football game itself.

And we've done all this with only hitting up Chad Ochocinco once for a short yard gain on a single catch. We haven't even gotten started with our offense this season yet, we haven't even gotten into second gear man.

Credit to Chad Henne though, he's having a hell of a passing game too tonight, has nearly 400 yards I think. That dude is really proving his worth it seems. You know Belichick is going to rip into the defense all week for allowing so much passing yards, it's our one key possible weakness, but I expect more out of McCourty, Bodden and the rest of the crew as the season progresses.

Very enjoyable game as a viewer though, bit of a shootout almost but with New England clearly on the upper hand. And as a Pats fan, I say; fuck yes.

You did indeed. Brady ties the NFL record for longest pass at 99 (and a half) yards to Welker for the TD. That was a hell of a catch and run from Welker.
I thought it was quite pathetic how the defender let Welker stiff arm him while running in the opposite direction. That had to be one of the worst attempted tackles ever. How do you get stiff-armed to the ground by a wide receiver when you're behind him? I laughed.

500+ yards for Brady in this game so far, setting a new single game record for the Pats and apparently for a Monday Night Football game itself.
I've only checked in and out with the game...500 yards...holy shit. Of course, a hundred of them came on that one pass play...

Great night for former Michigan quarterbacks. Brady has been ridiculously good and Henne has been damn impressive in his own right. I expect a big year from Henne.

Great night for former Michigan quarterbacks. Brady has been ridiculously good and Henne has been damn impressive in his own right. I expect a big year from Henne.

Definitely man, I mean we already know who Tom Brady is, we know he's the elite of the elite when it comes to QBs and he's a straight up killer, but Henne has also been seriously impressive tonight I have to say even as a Patriots fan. Dude has improved a lot since I last saw him lead the Fins against the Pats. I think you're spot on there man, I wouldn't be surprised if Henne had a breakout season this year based off of this performance tonight. It's just too bad he had that performance against DA MACHINE that is the New England Patriots. :D

I thought it was quite pathetic how the defender let Welker stiff arm him while running in the opposite direction. That had to be one of the worst attempted tackles ever. How do you get stiff-armed to the ground by a wide receiver when you're behind him? I laughed.

Yeah that wasn't very pretty. It was made even worse because of the fact that they were in total up-front blitz mode so once Welker tossed him off, there was no one else around that was ever going to catch him the rest of the way. That's why being in your own redzone can sometimes have it's own rewards in situations like that.

I've only checked in and out with the game...500 yards...holy shit. Of course, a hundred of them came on that one pass play...

Yeah, impressive game from Brady. As always. I love Peyton Manning, I do, and I know people might think I'm biased since I'm a lifelong Pats fan, but man, Brady is the cream of the crop. He's the best in the league right now, last year, and he might even wind up as the greatest ever when all is said and done. I'm just happy I'm around to witness it.

Well my fantasy matchup is all but lost. Thanks Aaron Hernandez, the guy I'm playing switched Chris Cooley for Hernandez 7 minutes before Cooley was locked. Terrible.

Yeah, impressive game from Brady. As always. I love Peyton Manning, I do, and I know people might think I'm biased since I'm a lifelong Pats fan, but man, Brady is the cream of the crop. He's the best in the league right now, last year, and he might even wind up as the greatest ever when all is said and done. I'm just happy I'm around to witness it.

I prefer Manning, simply because Brady was a Wolverine. However, if I was to start a team, it'd be very difficult to pass over Brady, even for Manning.

And who knows, I just may still be smarting over the game on Saturday night...fucking pisses me off, and I didn't even get to watch it.

I prefer Manning, simply because Brady was a Wolverine. However, if I was to start a team, it'd be very difficult to pass over Brady, even for Manning.

And who knows, I just may still be smarting over the game on Saturday night...fucking pisses me off, and I didn't even get to watch it.

Are we taking age into account? Because if so, even as a Patriots fan I'd have to start my team with Rodgers.

^^Definitely.

Tebow should start the 2nd half. Orton isn't providing jack shit for the Broncos. Teebow would at least give the offense a spark.

Yeah, I remember him getting the 2 spot. I would still put Tebow in, regardless of a shitty depth chart.

John Fox deserves the worst.

Yeah, I remember him getting the 2 spot. I would still put Teebow in, regardless of a shitty depth chart.

John Fox deserves the worst.

I haven't watched the game, but if the offense is as stagnant as you say it is, I would put Tebow in, not necessarily because he's better than Orton or Quinn, but because he provides a different dynamic to the offense.

Honestly, if Orton is playing that bad, I would put in Quinn, just to see what you have in him. Tebow supposedly isn't ready to handle the duties of an NFL QB, which is why he's 3 on the depth chart. If he can't do things like read defenses, make line adjustments, etc, then putting him in as an every down back is detrimental (putting him in for occasional plays is still smart).

oh, and the Raiders trying to feature Jacoby Ford is good for my fantasy team (he's on my bench). Him fumbling isn't.

yes, the game sucked. It's the Broncos and Raiders, are you surprised it sucks? Raiders won all 6 of their division games last year and still finished the season outside of the playoff hunt, while the Broncos EARNED the 2nd pick in last years draft.

and Kyle Orton just dropped the ball. Literally. He cocks his arm back and it falls to the turf. LOL, Raiders recover.

The only reason I'm watching is McFadden. I'm up by 38 points and I need to make sure he doesn't come back and fuck me over.

Yeah I'm not worried but my timing couldn't have been worse.

I was down significantly going into tonight but I had Brady, Marshall, and NE's kicker and now I'm sitting pretty.

:lmao:

The corner for Oakland forced a fumble, then started celebrating.

Too bad the ball was still live, and the Denver Receiver fell on the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back