NFL Week One LD - IT'S BAAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!

Late to the party, but the Browns were abysmal today. Being a fan of Cleveland sports is getting nearly unbearable.

you also mean "of course, the Lions fans must overrate Stafford."

Lolno. Ask anyone who's got an ounce of credibility and they'll tell you Stafford has immense talent, much more then Sanchez. And since he's healthy and has compatitble talent around him (compared to Sanchez) it's pretty clear what this kid can do. Sure Sanchez had more yards, but he also had 11 more attempts and only 2 more completions. Staffords rating was almost 120, while Sanchez's was almost 90 (which is great for a game, but obviously 120 is better). And while both made picks that were taken for a TD or right down to the goal line, Staffords was a result of a tip by his TE, while Sanchez totally missed the LB under his TE.

And it's not like this was a flash in the pan for Stafford, either. Last year he was quite impressive in the limited amount of time he played in. Sanchez is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league. Sometimes they'll win because of him, sometimes they'll win in spite of him. Stafford is being talked about a guy that could make that jump this year for a reason - he's talented. Talent isn't an issue with him, staying away from blows is. While he won't be completely unscathed this year, he was sacked/hit exactly 0 times this game.

And if you believe in ESPN's Total QBR (which is useful but does have it's flaws as well) it wasn't even close this week. Stafford = #3 with a 87.4. Sanchez? way down at 26 (of the 29 qualified) with a 17.6, behind the likes of Bruce Gradkowski, Tavaris Jackson, and rookie Andy Dalton. I know there's fluky weeks and such, but if you look at his (Sanchez) raw numbers it actually looks good.

I don't wanna make this a week by week basis, but anyone that says Stafford isn't more talented then Sanchez is probably a fan of that team in New York.

I think comparing Sanchez and Stafford at this point in time is equivalent to comparing Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers. One is a guy who will put up mind-blowing stats (Stafford and Rivers), and the other is simply a guy who usually finds a way to win (Sanchez and Roethlisberger). There's absolutely no reason to compare the two... if you're a young team with a bright future, you'd gladly take either one as your future franchise quarterback.

To be fair, Stafford has been more than less labelled the guy who is going to change the Lions for a couple of years now. Given everything surrounding him, I would say he is totally delivering. The Lions are like a totally different team than they did before Stafford got there.

The Jets are just a lol-worthy team in every regard. If they were in a different and/or smaller city, I really doubt a lot of people would talk about them so much.

Speaking of screw ups, I get to see the Phins' game tonight. Oy. :glare:

I think comparing Sanchez and Stafford at this point in time is equivalent to comparing Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers. One is a guy who will put up mind-blowing stats (Stafford and Rivers), and the other is simply a guy who usually finds a way to win (Sanchez and Roethlisberger). There's absolutely no reason to compare the two... if you're a young team with a bright future, you'd gladly take either one as your future franchise quarterback.

I don't know if you were expecting a reply to this, but I just want to point out to the situations these guys were sent to. Stafford went to the worst team ever as the #1 pick that had bottom of the barrel talent and was blown up. Sanchez went to a team that was 9-7 and needed to replace Favre and have someone that wouldn't lose them games. Rex Ryans a great defensive mind and they had some top notch talent when Sanchez was drafted there. Somewhat of the same with Big Ben/Rivers, with Rivers-Stafford and Sanchez-Ben having the same situations.

So in terms of finding ways to win of course Sanchez was going to get more then Stafford, with or without injury, because his team wasn't being blown up and he didn't have just one or two talents to throw to. Sanchez landed in the perfect situation for him. Stafford's winningness will/would take some time to happen.

And Rivers sat behind Brees until he left, while Big Ben was thrown in to start his rookie season and had a great defense around him as well. Rivers can still get the big wins and win a SB or two (not that you weren't saying that, but its just an observation). Same with Stafford. These guys, mechanically speaking, are much more sound then their counterparts and I'd want them on my team over their counterparts (which many people agree with).

Facing Brandon Marshal in a fantasy PPR league and on the first drive he gets a 25 yeard reception and 3.5 points. Danny Woodhead better take over.

Dolphins offense looked awesome that first drive.

I fully expect the Pats to answer immediately, though.

Just as I expected.

Brady is in top form tonight. Gonna be a long night for the Dolphins defense. The Dolphins offense is going to have to do whatever they can to keep Tom Brady and that New England Patriots offense off the field.

Woodhead's on my fantasy team as well, but I didn't start him this week. I might have to next week though since fucking Steven Jackson is out. Damn that sucks, because it looked like he was on the verge of having a monster year before he got hurt.

I'm facing McFadden. That's why I'm hoping Woodhead gets a lot, because I'm confiedent that McFadden will torch the Broncos D.

ummm, no it's not. It's not laughable to think that Sanchez, who played all but 1 game of his career, and plays great football in the postseason (as well as playing solid football during the regular season) is a better QB then an extremely talented player that can't stay on the field.

I'll let this season speak to who is better. Let's just say Sanchez is extremely lucky he went to an already good team with an elite defense and great running game. It's a lot easier to develop that way and a lot easier to win games even when you personally aren't playing that great.

Henne has looked damn good thus far. People gave up on him and labeled him shit way too soon and this season will prove that.

Taking a well deserved break from covering RAW every week for 411 to chill out tonight, kick back, and watch the Pats open the season, hopefully with a W over the Fins. So far, so good, 14-7 Patriots and they've just been able to drive up the field and into the end zone at will so far, offense is looking great in all aspects (o-line, route-running, blocking, Brady's QB vision, etc) so far.

RAW shall wait for one week. Patriots take precedence baby.

21-17 Pats over Fins right now in the 3rd quarter. Good game so far, New England has been the usual untouchable machine on offense for most of the game, but the Dolphins offense has been pretty good itself and caused us a few problems. Pretty competitive game on the scoreboard right now, though you wouldn't know it from actually watching the game.

Oh, and touchdown Patriots. CHYEA. Hernandez with the great catch and dive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back