NFL Week 4 LD - Featuring The Return of Real Refs

Mr Mikey Mike

Occasional Pre-Show
Week 4 of the NFL season kicks off tonight with Trent Richardson and The Brown's going to Baltimore to face Joe Flacco and The Ravens. Here's the full schedule http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/scoreboard with a nice slate of games such as Alex Smith's 49er's heading east to take on Sanchez and the Jets, Drew Brees Saint's head to lambeau field to take on Aaron Rodgers Packer's, and the Sunday Night game features division rivals with Eli Manning and The Giants heading to Philly to take on Michael Vick and the Eagle's. The main headline this week no more replacement ref's.

Use this thread to discuss all of the week 4 NFL action.

Great to see the regular referees back this week. Now we can all be 100% certain that they'll get every single call right, every single time.

:)

Just tuned it. Nothing like finding out your elite punt returner is down with a head injury.

At least it's still scoreless. I can't say as I'd mind beating the Ravens --

Nope, never mind, touchdown. Here we go.

Impressive drive there by Cleveland. Weeden took a decent shot on the hit that skipped off the players head, but going 94 yards on this D isn't easy.

Four games isn't a full indicator, but my gut feeling on Weeden so far is he's pretty good. Considering the Browns appear very likely to pick at 1 or 2 next year, I really hope they don't decide to go QB. Surely there must be an elite receiver or something that can be acquired.

And they miss another one. Lovely.

Really starting to see an 0-16 season here. Maybe not that bad, but I did evaluate the team at 2-14 going into the season.

I'm sorry Harthan, I did my best. I even put my survival league curse onto Baltimore tonight and watched the game with my friend who's a die hard Cleveland fan.

I'm sorry Harthan, I did my best. I even put my survival league curse onto Baltimore tonight and watched the game with my friend who's a die hard Cleveland fan.

There's very little that can be done to help this team, it seems. I'll be honest though, I don't get it. They have receivers and tight ends that are capable of looking excellent. I mean, Little, Cameron, and Benjamin all look solid, except they just keep dropping shit. If they had like super glue on their hands, this team would probably be 4-0.

There's very little that can be done to help this team, it seems. I'll be honest though, I don't get it. They have receivers and tight ends that are capable of looking excellent. I mean, Little, Cameron, and Benjamin all look solid, except they just keep dropping shit. If they had like super glue on their hands, this team would probably be 4-0.

Little's got all the tools to be an absolute stud receiver, except his hands are questionable. Norwood had a couple bad drops as well, but you're absolutely right, they hold onto a couple of those passes and it's a completely different game. I had my doubts about Weeden but he showed me quite a bit tonight. He hasn't gotten that quick out throw down yet but that'll come. You got two rookie receivers, a rookie running back, and a rookie quarterback. To hang tough in every game against some good teams is certainly promising, albeit frustrating to watch.

I think Cleveland has a promising future. They played their hearts out and gave themselves a chance to tie it at the end against a team with much more experience and far superior talent.

Little's got all the tools to be an absolute stud receiver, except his hands are questionable. Norwood had a couple bad drops as well, but you're absolutely right, they hold onto a couple of those passes and it's a completely different game. I had my doubts about Weeden but he showed me quite a bit tonight. He hasn't gotten that quick out throw down yet but that'll come. You got two rookie receivers, a rookie running back, and a rookie quarterback. To hang tough in every game against some good teams is certainly promising, albeit frustrating to watch.

Weeden looks good, I really think. His debut was shit - what do you expect, right? Especially against a team like Philly. Then he looked like a stud against Cincinatti. He was alright against Buffalo, and tonight gave a really gutsy performance against Baltimore. It's not week to week improvement, more like a step back, step forward kind of thing, but I think it's all promising.

I really hope that with strong draft positioning next year - whether it actually is a high pick or a blockbuster trade like St. Louis made - and the increased attractiveness to free agents that'll come from having a superstar like Richardson, 2013 or 2014 could be a decent run.

I think Cleveland has a promising future. They played their hearts out and gave themselves a chance to tie it at the end against a team with much more experience and far superior talent.

I hope so. I really hope so. The new ownership should also help a lot, I think.

Weeden's looked a lot better than his total QBR (10.1) would indicate. He's got potential to be a good starter for a few years, so the Browns should definitely look to address other issues during the draft.

Sunday mornings with kids suck. I remember when I could just sleep until noon and wake up to watch games. Now I'm up at like fucking 8AM and I have to sit and wait for 4 fucking hours. I usually contemplate suicide on days where the Chiefs play at 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back