*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] The Nexus General Discussion thread

What Should Happen?

• Continue With 5 Members

• Reinstate Darren Young With The Group

• Recruit Rookies from NXT Season II

• Recruit Wrestler(s) From The Locker Room

• Disban

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hated Tarver. He was too ridiculous. It was like he was bipolar (no offense to anyone who has it). He seemed too over the top. His bandana thing made him look stupid imo. I was happy he was gone, didn't like him in NXT1, didn't like him in Nexus

i think they should have gotten rid of otunga, not tarver...since tarver's better than otunga in every way. tarver intimidates people...otunga doesn't. i hope harris joins the nexus to make up for it though, he can definitely fill the void. we saw on NXT2 that he plays a destructive heel role very well, and that type of character would fit the nexus.

Tarver> Otunga

Tarver looked like a beast in the ring when he was fighting with bourne.. and he even has wayyyy better mic skills then otunga.

wwe fails once again. atleast cena is in now.

Okay so on Raw we saw Otunga having some problems with Wade Barrett. He was seen formulating a plan at Hell in A Cell without Barrett, he seems to be straying from the group mentality of Nexus that made them so deadly, and he even reached out to Cena seemingly on his own, something we've never seen before. It would appear that Nexus is headed for a breakup at the hands of Otunga.

However I pose this scenario. What is this is all a test to see Cena's loyalty.
I know this started before the match at Hell in a Cell. Well since the Nexus had Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty interfere with the match, the outcome was almost guaranteed. So the whole Otunga thing would have been more or less "a publicity stunt".

The Nexus keeps saying they have a greater purpose and Cena can help them in that goal. So it would make sense that they want to test Cena's loyalty to the cause before actually putting their plan into place. Why risk your greater purpose without testing your main piece.

I know this could just be the eventual end of Nexus but I see Nexus continuing for a while and we have only just seen the beginning of Nexus.

What do you all think?

There are people who actually liked Tarver? Ok, please tell me what this man brought to the table. Hes not a good wrestler, his mic skills felt forced, and he couldnt sell in the ring. Seriously, youre upset They kicked Michael Tarver out?

Second, it appears as if theyre going to add Husky Harris and Michael McGuillicutty. That would bring Nexus back up to 7, including John Cena. Remember the days when the NWO had about 30 people in it, and they couldnt even fit them all on camera for their promos? If they didnt kick the weaker members out, you would see something similiar. Making them into a mega-faction would only water down the group. It did with the NWO, and surely would with the inferior Nexus.

I understand the argument that Tarver is better then Otunga. But while he is, it is only marginally so. Tarver's improved in the ring from his NXT days, while Otunga has not. That's not saying much however, because Otunga cannot wrestle AT ALL. Theylve wisely kept Otunga out of the ring for the most part, and let him talk, which is his strong suit. He has more long term potential then Tarver does, so while Tarver may be ahead of him now, Otunga's potential is far greater.

The goal of any stable with young members should be to inevitably elevate all of its members beyond where they are now. Its hard to do that when there are too many people to stand out individually. When you eliminate the weaker links, youre in a better position to elevate the stronger ones when the stable inevitably folds. And that would never happen with the Darren Youngs and Michael Tarvers in the mix, long term.

tarver(or as i call him the pantie raider) wasnt much but a replacable muscle for hire that can be replaced and already has been by harris and eventually cena .bryan made since he did choke the shit outta cole(he shouldve choked harder) but his wrestling skill is easily replaced by mike mcgillicutty. agreed with the nwo reference for once it gets too big, it wouls turn into a joke. maybe some of these exiled members could form the anti-nexus or reform nexus with seson 2 on smackdown.

Nexus is going from strength to strength, IMO. They're ridding Nexus of the dead wood, or the weak links (whatever you want to call it). They're on the verge of adding Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty, who are 2nd and 3rd generation superstars. They've added Cena, so right now, Nexus are looking like one of the strongest stables in wrestling history. They may also add more, perhaps more established stars, rather than newbies. The whole Cena thing has basically saved Nexus from certain death. To be honest, only Barrett and Otunga are even worthy of TV time...the rest are just there to make up the numbers, until better replacements can be found.

I like that statement right their I agree they are the only two that deserve tv time. And Husky Harris and Micheal make good additions. I think that also Ted Dibiease should later join the group caused he not going anywere and also his brother too and Hart Dynasty...Tyson Kidd and other guy....cause they better off as heels then babyfaces.

Everybody is thinking that now Cena is in Nexus, will he end it from inside or will some other superstar like Orton take over. But I have an idea to end Nexus. Now guys, don't fire me like you'll did in my first thread: John Cena's new character. So here's my idea:

Have all members of Nexus, except for Cena win titles. Barrett- WWE, Otunga- U.S and Slater & Gabriel- Tag Team. Then have them go on a roll. Then, have them cost each other their matches finally leading to every member losing their respective titles. Then the cracks show. They go on to insult each other, disrespect and so on. Finally, they turn on each other and the Nexus is Hisssstory. All this time, let Cena be quite.

Next, have Cena come out and say that he was the mastermind behind all this. He made each guy jealous of the other. He provoked each of them to turn on the other, to cost them their titles. He ended Nexus from within without the GM coming to know about it and now, the GM can't do anything because Nexus is done.

This will end Nexus with no other superstar involved in it so that the WWE can concentrate on the other storylines and not just add more and more stars to the mix making it complicated. So do you think this will work? Give your thoughts about it and if you don't agree, give me your ideas. And remember, pls don't fire me!! Pls!!:p

No one needs a full fledged heel turn more than cena and i hope he and barrett eventually work together.

I sure hope we don't see superCena get rid of Nexus in the long run.

WWE has it wrong nowadays, reminds me of the mid nineties when the arenas were also half full and the roster was trimmed as it is today. Kids were the moneymaker back in the eighties...times have changed and so have kids and families. With all the technological advancements people have a much shorter attention span than 20 years ago and if you are not cutting edge on a regular basis you will lose your crowd fast.

Just look at that show heroes...was the bomb for the first year and a half, but the quality faded and it was cancelled after 3 seasons.

Cena needs to turn heel and start ripping sht up with barrett over the next 3 or 4 months. you will get the monster heels the wwe needs and in turn Orton and another can compete against them..

easy game...done with the tangent

Are you kidding? cena joining Nexus is one of the best things which happened this year. There is no way that Nexus should disband so soon, in fact cena should turn heel and lead Nexus, kicking Barrett out of the group.

But I have an idea to end Nexus.

Why do you want to end Nexus, it's going great, John Cena involved. It's getting a great storyline, and will only get better from here.

Have all members of Nexus, except for Cena win titles. Barrett- WWE, Otunga- U.S and Slater & Gabriel- Tag Team. Then have them go on a roll.

What about every other member of the RAW roster. What do they do while this is happening. When one stable holds every title ona show. It takes away positions for midcard guys, who need that title.

Then, have them cost each other their matches finally leading to every member losing their respective titles. Then the cracks show. They go on to insult each other, disrespect and so on. Finally, they turn on each other and the Nexus is Hisssstory. All this time, let Cena be quite.

If a member of Nexus cost one of them a match, I'm sure they would be kicked out. Have a look at Darren Young, tapped out first at Summerslam, where is he? Cena being quite, yeah, one of the biggest draws in the company is going to be under the radar. Not going to happen, do you hear the crowd when he is seen in the ring or on the big screen backstage.

Next, have Cena come out and say that he was the mastermind behind all this. He made each guy jealous of the other. He provoked each of them to turn on the other, to cost them their titles. He ended Nexus from within without the GM coming to know about it and now, the GM can't do anything because Nexus is done.

And why wouldn't each member of Nexus think "Hey he did it, lets get him". Costing them their titles, and saying it, he would get the beating of his life. Nexus wouldn't stand for someone talking trash about them, costing them their titles (as I said, them having every title is a bad idea). Plus he gets on the GM bad side, saying he was able to out think he/her. Saying that even when the GM had Cena in a no escape spot, he got out. Thats no going to end well, and why would someone do that anyway.

PWE!-"THE ALPHA MAN";2521240 said:
No Because then we would have the same problem the came from Steve austin leading WCW/ECW

Good argument. But I find this to be different because the eras are different, moreover WCW/ ECW were treated like outsiders in the WWF whereas Nexus is a part of WWE since they evolved from WWE NXT. I think that to save cena's character, it is essential for him to turn heel otherwise he gets a lot of boos. That was not the case with Austin. People cheered for him no matter what he did.

Think about it - cena lost his title, he lost his rematches, he's been away from the title scene for so long, he eventually lost to Barrett and joined Nexus.... why would all this be done the last many months for so long if it all had to end with cena just ending Nexus immediately? I think the bigger plan here is to turn him heel and his joining Nexus is the first step towards that.

:wtf:Hey guys, first off, I'm not talking about ending the Nexus now. Whenever it ends, I thought it should end like this. Second, all your hopes of Cena turning heel are going to the seas because he's not. Guys, he's the face no matter how many boos or cheers he gets. He gets the money. Third, someone posted that what should the others do if one stable holds all the titles. He must be new to the wrestling world or he's forgotten something. At one point of time, Evolution had all the titles on RAW. And talking about what they should do at this time, they could have many storylines that will make RAW interesting. Every match with a storyline.:rolleyes:

For me I think the best way to end Nexus would be to have some one (or another stable) get into a ladder match for Cena's contract. After that have nexus implode. To me the most impressive member of Nexus is Justin Gabriel. I would like to see Him Vs DB or JoMo in a US title Vs Cena's Contract ladder match. Have Skip Sheffield come interfere, all pissed off that he got kicked out and replaced by Cena. Maybe have Skip, Darren, and Tarver form an unofficial anti-Nexus alliance.

:wtf:Hey guys, first off, I'm not talking about ending the Nexus now. Whenever it ends, I thought it should end like this.

OK good to know, but I still don't think it should end the way you put it.

Second, all your hopes of Cena turning heel are going to the seas because he's not. Guys, he's the face no matter how many boos or cheers he gets. He gets the money.

I agree with you here, I wouldn't turn the biggest draw in the company heel. He makes to much money for Vince, and the kids love him. So people watch, kids watch to see him.

Third, someone posted that what should the others do if one stable holds all the titles. He must be new to the wrestling world or he's forgotten something. At one point of time, Evolution had all the titles on RAW.

That would be me, I was waiting for you to bring this up. Firstly no, I'm not new to wrestling I have been watching for many years. Since around the late 90's, so I do know about Evolution. That was around 2003, they all walked out of Armageddon with a title. See I know, but if I do remember, Triple H lost his title something like 3 months later. Plus him having the title was nothing different. This was the time of his massive reign at the top of RAW. It was boring, matches were bad, so I don't see what is so good about having the title on him. Then we have Randy Orton, the diamond of Evolution, it made sense to put the title on him. He held it for months, and I enjoyed it. But he had it before the others got titles. Your talking about putting titles on all Nexus members quickly. Have we forgot that they are "rookies", are we talking about giving "rookies" every major title on the A-Show of the WWE? Evolution were not "rookies" Orton and Batista were but they were being trained by Flair and Triple H. Even still, giving the titles to Evolution was bad, I was happy to see it end.

And talking about what they should do at this time, they could have many storylines that will make RAW interesting. Every match with a storyline.

Creative can hardly keep half the roster on the card woth storylines. How will they keep the big names and mid card talent on the card when Nexus have all the titles. It will not work, simple, to much talent. No titles for the mid card guys, tag titles are taken. I assume you wouldn't make them drop these titles quickly right?

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd really like to see CM Punk join Nexus. He would add much needed pedigree to the group and is an excellent speaker. I think Punk will be wasted on the periphery of Raw, just being a standalone heel. In addition, I hope that the GM either turns out to be Batista or Nash, aligned with Nexus. It's obvious that the new GM is pro-Nexus anyway. I'm keen to see who this anonymous GM turns out to be, but Nexus would have as much pedigree as the old nWo with Barrett, Cena, Punk, Nash/Batista and Mr. Perfect (junior). And pedigree and experience is what the stable needs....because aside from Barrett and Otunga, none of the other guys really look worthy of making Nexus a sustainable storyline alone.

Hey, I have been wondering why Michael McGillicutty is aligned with Nexus?

I thought (Maybe it was just me) that he should get into a feud/program with Dolph Ziggler seeing as Ziggler obviously reminds me of Curt Hennig...

Maybe I'm a moron.

No maybe about it.

And on topic, I do so love this angle. It has provided excellent story telling and made Wade Barrett a legitimate main eventer. However it's also made the career of Justin Gabriel in particular. In NXT he was thought of as a one trick pony. pretty flip but not much else going for him. In Nexus though, he's more than a prety flip. He's fucking awesome. Easily the best "high flier" in WWE right now. He's simply more versatile than the likes of Bourne and Morrison. He might not be able to cut a good promo, but my god he can wrestle.

I think Gabriel has made the most of this angle as well. But I will debate his promo skills. I think he is very passable. Granted, he ain't cutting promos weekly, yet he has managed to make some of the "bad habits" he had on the mic on NXT into something that works. He still does constant pauses still, but he like stares when he does them. Like he is thinking of something EVIL~! to do. He still smiles, but isn't a nervous reflex. He has incredible douche-y smile.

I've not been on the forum much lately and I was having a look around the forum too see if a post like this had been created already, I can't see one - but if there has already been one the in apologise in advance.

Ok my post - Nxt season 1 winner Wade Barret. WWE has unearthed a top talent in Barret. Excellent in the ring and one of the best currently on the mic. Barret wins NXT 1 and then forms Nexus who become a top stable and this creates top storylines (Especially considering some of the crap we've been watching in recent years)

SO MY POINT.....What if Wade Barret had not won NXT 1. I don't believe any of the rest of the competitors in that competition could have stepped up and become leader of Nexus. So Nexus would have been a massive failure of not happened at all.
Was it just pure luck Barret won, or could it have been a fix?
Could you imagine Heath Slater as Nexus leader.....I dread to think!
Also without Barret controlling their every move and doing all the talking he also basically keeps the other Nexus members in jobs (in the WWE). I think Justin Gabriel has stpeed up and looked good (he could not have been leader) But other than these 2 i don't think any of the rest would be a big loss.

What do you's think

Ok my post - Nxt season 1 winner Wade Barret. WWE has unearthed a top talent in Barret. Excellent in the ring and one of the best currently on the mic. Barret wins NXT 1 and then forms Nexus who become a top stable and this creates top storylines (Especially considering some of the crap we've been watching in recent years)

With you so far.

SO MY POINT.....What if Wade Barret had not won NXT 1. I don't believe any of the rest of the competitors in that competition could have stepped up and become leader of Nexus. So Nexus would have been a massive failure of not happened at all.

It wouldn't have needed to happen. Nexus is a vehicle to get Barrett into the Main Event as quickly as possible. It's doing a damn good job right now.

Was it just pure luck Barret won, or could it have been a fix?

It's pro wrestling. Of course it was a fix. The only guy apart from Barrett who was in with a shot of winning was Daniel Bryan. Once he was gone Barrett was bound to win.

Also without Barret controlling their every move and doing all the talking he also basically keeps the other Nexus members in jobs (in the WWE). I think Justin Gabriel has stpeed up and looked good (he could not have been leader) But other than these 2 i don't think any of the rest would be a big loss.

Gabriel, as good as he is wouldn't be a great loss. If he went down with an injury tomorrow the Nexus would carry on without him. Just like everybody else who's left Nexus for whatever reason.

Based off your assumption that he is only the leader because he won, no one really would not give a damn about Nexus. There's more to Wade's role than meets the eye. Nexus for the first two months were built up using attacks and promos. Do you really think someone else in the group could've come across as intelligent, confident, and a leader of men like Wade has? Nope. Do you really think someone else in the group could've handle the pressure of 10,000-15,000 booing them while still having to cut a promo? Nope. Do you think the the other members could stand toe to toe with Cena and convincingly boss Cena around? Nope. Most of all, do you really think they would've gotten something out of pushing someone else in the group?

- I really like Gabriel, but he is a spot monkey
- I like Slater, but he is a f'n moron
- I know people are big on Traver, but he was best as a flying monkey
- I guess Skip was improving, but he went down months ago
- Why people think Otunga is good at anything, I will never know

Wade has improved INCREDIBLY since getting his spot. He has always been an ace on the mic, but he is really starting to lighten up and get better at improv. His presence has actually gotten more profound. He hasn't had the most matches, but that HIAC ppv match with Cena proved that the big man can go with the big boys.

Wade Barrett is a brilliant character in the WWE, he trained in the gym I am starting off in here in the UK called Dropkixx, and he is a talent that I believe will be a huge main eventer...Possibly the next heel HHH

Nexus Should have two leaders so if Wade is busy Then the 2nd Leader can Lead Nexus when Wade Would be busy with the world title or is denied Access to A Place that Raw is at

Nexus Should have two leaders

Who do you suggest? David Otunga, who's so green I suspect he's Namekian; Justin Gabriel, who is slightly worse on the mic than I am; Heath Slater who has the presence of a whitewashed wall or John Cena who's spent the last few months feuding with Nexus? There is no possible leader in the group other than Barrett.

so if Wade is busy Then the 2nd Leader can Lead Nexus when Wade Would be busy with the world title

Why would Wade Barrett, who if he wins the title will win it because of the Nexus be too busy for the Nexus once he's won it?

or is denied Access to A Place that Raw is at

Why would he be denied access to a place? He's got no criminal record that I know of (he hit a policeman, but the case was never pursued) and his Visa for the US is good for another few years at least.

As for the Nexus tonight, this is without a doubt the biggest moment of Wade's still very young career. If he wins, he's gone over WWE's two biggest babyfaces within the space of a month, and the Nexus will appear invincible (if Orton and Cena can't stop them, who the hell can?) And then there's the fact that in two weeks time he'd walk into the MEN arena as WWE champion. Which would probably result in one hell of a pop. If he loses (and I don't think he will with Cena in his corner) then he's still main evented a PPV for the top title in the company with the most over guy in the company.

Barrett was made into a main eventer by John Cena, if he wins tonight he'll be made into a perminent fixture in the ME by Orton and the WWE championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back