*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] 2010 WWE Draft Discussion

Over all I thought it was a good draft with the exception of Chris Jericho moving to RAW since I wanted to see him in the next few months at the SmackDown live show here but I still get to see my second faveourite, CM Punk.

I think Christian will be a valuable asset to SmackDown. I'm not disappointed that him and Edge are on separate shows since we've seen them feud before. Christian will be able to move into the main event scene there and not have big guys like Cena, Batista, Orton being there over him.

It's a great situation for CM Punk and the SES as Jericho's gone, so that's one less major heel for CM Punk to compete with in terms for a number 1 heel spot on the show.

I had a feeling and knew that John Morrison was going to RAW, I could feel it. Maybe he could have a good feud with some guys there like Orton or DiBiase, maybe pick the US title off of Miz and have a good run with it.

As crazy as this sounds, i think the draft was actually pretty good and did pretty much everyone (bar a few) a favour. Off the top of my head, i can see Christian, MVP, and Kofi all sat at home with smile on their face because they now all have the chance to shine and regain some of the momentum they have lost over the last couple months. We've seen some potential from Kofi's feud with Orton and MVP circa 2007 was on top form as a heel so maybe SD!'s 'weak' picks aren't that weak.

Yeah, granted, compared to what RAW has now, SD! is the minor leagues but its an alternative to RAW, which i suppose is the whole point of the brand extension. Wanna see big names? Tune in to RAW and you're spoilt rotten. But the downside is, how the hell do you keep all those guys happy? Orton/Cena/HHH/Y2J/Edge/Batista all want to be involved in the title picture, so who misses out? I can see all the work that went into Sheamus' push go down the drain and i also see Morrison's switch as a demotion because i do not see him getting into that bracket of guys with those piss poor mic skills.

In effect, i believe that they've turned RAW into what it was before the brand extension i.e one big show like TNA. You have the main eventers like i mentioned and then a clear mid card featuring Miz/Morrison/Sheamus/DiBiase. Those are the guys i feel sorry for because, as always, you expect the draft to help people instead of hinder but i do not see those 4 guys being in any better position in 12 months time than they are (unless one of them wins the MiTB match at the new PPV and switches brands.

But i personally am looking forward to SD!. Yes, it looks weak on paper but i'm intrigued to see what these guys are gonna do with the ball. Are we gonna see Swagger solidify himself in the SD! main event? Will Kofi and MVP, and to a certain extent Cody Rhodes, gain their momentum back and carve a name for themselves? When Legacy feuded with DX over the Summer/Autumn, i enjoyed his work and i feel at times its unfair to compare him to Ted when Ted was the one that was pushed as the one that had problems with Randy. But overall, i am most looking forward to Christian and what he will do now hes been given a chance.

I already did the televised draft in a previous post, so now that it's over here are my thoughts on the supplemental draft.

Khali to Raw
I suppose he's moving to Raw to do more strange segments with the guest hosts.... I don't care all that much about this move.

Chavo to Smackdown
At first I thought this was a good move. I got so tired of him losing to Hornswoggle or being made to look like a joke, but now it appears that Hornswoggle is going to Smackdown too!? They will probably get Chavo involved with Vickie as her helper again or something. I think we're in for more annoying Chavo VS Hornswoggle matches though unfortunately.

Cody Rhodes to Smackdown
Good move. He should be separated from Ted so that the two can both be pushed. Maybe he can get into an IC title feud or something.

Natalya to Raw
Hey, look at this! A diva who can actually wrestle is now on Raw. Do I see a future Divas Champion with this move? Looks like it! Natalya VS Eve would be a great feud and match to see.

Chris Masters to Smackdown
Ummm.... yeah.... don't really care. As long as he doesn't make his chest muscles dance anymore, I hate that.

Ezekiel Jackson to Raw
That might be a bad sign for Zeke. I hope he does not get future endeavored. He would make a decent midcard heel if they push him.

Goldust to Raw
I don't care..... Wait, he wasn't already on Raw? Yeah, the lack of knowing that shows what i think about this move.

Hornswoggle to Smackdown
Really, WWE? REALLY? Why move Hornswoggle to Smackdown? Is this going to be him joining Finlay again, for more pointless matches against Chavo? Seriously.... This move upset me a bit.

Rosa to Smackdown
Well Smackdown had 3 face divas, now they have 3 heel divas. We will probably get stuck with several "Kelly, Tiffany, and Beth" VS "Michelle, Layla, and Rosa" matches now.

Hart Dynasty to Raw
This could be a good move but it depends on what WWE does with them now that they are the Unified Tag Team Champions.

MVP to Smackdown
MVP is back on Smackdown where he belongs. This also means we won't see his team with Mark Henry anymore. Hopefully this move leads to better storylines for MVP, like that world title match he never got on Raw.

I think that the supplemental draft was alright because we can see some different matchups now that the rosters changed up a bit. Smackdown is now back to being the "B" show after a couple of years of being on par with Raw. That's how it should be anyhow, the flagship show should have the better guys while the secondary show should be used to develop future Raw main eventers.

I don't really understand the rationale behind moving Edge and Jericho both to Raw. I think they needed to be separated due to their recent feud, but with Edge probably turning heel I guess it's whatever. Also with Batista probably leaving soon, Edge can take his spot as a top heel. Maybe we'll see Jericho in more of a tweener role ala Orton?

But I really like moving Big Show, Christian, and Kofi to SD. Show is now away from his two former tag partners, and he can establish himself as a singles star once again. As for Christian and Kofi, I see them getting world title shots and possibly even title reigns before the year is over.

As for Raw, it's pretty stacked. It's obvious to everyone that Raw is the bigger show and it should be, it's the flagship WWE program. So I don't have a problem with WWE making that clearer to us with the draft this year. Though I only have one concern: with Raw being so stacked, will guys like Morrison and Truth have a chance to shine? That's my only real concern at this point, because I feel like both guys have big potential and I don't want them to get overshadowed by the big stars.

At first I was kind of skeptical of SD not having many big stars, but I think it will work out fine. Plus I think at the MITB PPV we'll see a Raw star win and cash it in for the WHC and move to SD. Maybe Orton? Or could we see Morrison go back to SD but this time as a heel? They've been talking about Morrison going back to his heel persona recently so it's definitely possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back