It's finally [OFFICIAL]: Jack Swagger is the NEW World Heavyweight Champion

I think Swagger should of taken Raw's title! but with that said i love that he is the champ. THE IWC always wants new stars well here you go. You got one. I love it. Swagger can take this business by storm i think. He has great wrestling skills, he is pretty big, but he needs to learn to cut a good promo. I think Jericho and edge can have fun with him and his lisp. I think it will be kind of funny.

After wrestlemania is like a new year for WWE. So what happened a few months ago is history. It wasn't anything big except for swagger losing to santino. But get over it I here this same thing on every thread about swagger.

Now like someone said in an earlier post Swagger did win the championship to soon. I do have to agree with that there was no build for him to be the world heavyweight champion. If he was going to win the title they could've at least let him get the pin on Orton or Cena instead of him getting pinned. I think he should have at least one title defense win because it's extreme rules. He can use weapons so if he pinned jericho or edge you should be able to buy that because for those he say it would make edge or jericho look like crap. If he keeps the title even longer it would be cool to see him defend his title against the younger talent on smackdown.

Even if he loses the title and doesn't get it back for llike a year or something and give swagger time to develope and get over more that would be great because he's 28 years old and he's got a long career a head of him.

He may have one it too soon but so did Brock Lesnar when he won it and Kurt Angle when he won it and after a short while they were accepted as champion. Now I'm not a fan of Jack Swagger as I don't see him as main event material at all plus but he may proove us wrong and I have to say its more interesting seeing the belt on someone new rather than the same old people everytime.

i think swagger will have a decent run if they use him and ohers properly. someone said that if he wins against jericho or edge, everyone will be pissed and it will make them look lower, not necessarily. first they can put him in a triple threat with edge and y2j at the next ppv, have y2j hit the codebreaker on edge, turns around gets the gutwrench from swagger, no one would come out of it looking bad swagger just took advantage of an opportunity. even if he wrestles and beats edge or jericho 1 on 1, as long as they have a good match and put on a great show (i would love to see either match) once again no one will come out looking bad and swagger's status only gets elevated and he gets a ton of credibility, no would be surprised or pissed if he beat anyone, after pinning jericho or edge.

I dont see any problem in it. Hey if Hornswoggle could win cruiserweight chaampion (one of the most funnest belts and macthes to watch) and join DX, wats the problem with Swagger. WWE could do anything to anyone. I see Swagger as the next Angle, actually better cuz he has a heck of a body. He just needs to develop his character and on smackdown hell have enough time to do so compared to Edge's stupid "Spear" promos. Nobody cared about angle yet he won a 6 man hell in a cell match and he then became second to HHH in most champions (including in TNA). I belive that Swagger can do it and we need to give the dude some time.

I don't know why people are making such a big deal about his previous losses and claiming he was a jobber. He wasn't a jobber in ECW and was built as a credible talent and was a champion. If you look back at his career since he moved to RAW, sure he's been losing more then he's been winning on RAW, but a great deal of those losses came because of outside reasons not just because he was losing clean and looking like garbage. The whole feud he had with Miz his losses were all caused by Miz's interference, etc, for example. The IWC always jumps to conclusions when they shouldn't, and pay far too much attention to wins and losses when really sometimes they mean very little in the greater picture. Swagger is champion now and he really has all the tools to be a credible and successful champion if the WWE pushes him in that way, so there's no reason to think otherwise based on the build up to his championship reign. It's his championship reign that matters and defines him now, not anything that was a precursor to it. I think he'll do just fine.

From what I read, they plan on doing a 3 way storyline with Swagger, Jericho, and Edge going forward. That actually leaves him alot of room to retain his title over a decent period of time. Example, if Edge spears Jericho, then Swagger can hit his finisher on Edge and steal a win that way, or vice versa. 3 way fueds can definately help draw out a title run. Also, with him fueding with Jericho and Edge, then that can definately help him look good. Jericho especially has good matches with everyone, so I actually look forward to the next few Smackdowns going forward to see how they further this storyline. It's a good time to be a WWE fan right now I think.

He will probably be alright.They wouldnt give him a title if they think different.I also dont think that he would lose it in his first title defence because I thought the same for CM Punks first title reign when he defended against Batista and he didnt lost then.

We(IWC) assume too much.First we didnt gave Swagger a chance to win,then we assumed that he would lost his briefcase in the proces and now we assume that he would lose the title in his first title defend match on Extreme rules.Even if he looses they gave him ideal opponents for him to look good enough to be at least top midcarder after his title reign.I dont think that he would lose at his first PPV because nobody who won MiTB didnt lose right away on his first PPV.We should give to him couple of weeks and then assume something,his title reign has just begane and maybe,just maybe,he would do better than we think.

Time will tell if he is good enough.To me he is but he must improve his mic skills to progresse further and as I sad only in time we will see does he have it or not

I love the thought of Swagger as champ - always thought he could be the flag barrer of a new generation of talent but my only fear is the speed at which he got it.

I know the past few months are the product of poor writing but thats WWE so nothing unexpected there. My ultimate concern with the speed is the prestige these belts are losing. I know we are in an age where the money is in the people with the best gimmicks and who sell the most merch so those are the people who typically see the gold. But a part of me holds out hope that they wont take away the dream of winning the title that some of these guys have.

I mean, do you think SHaemus REALLY appreciated his win? Or even Swagger for that matter? No, it almost seemed more of a money incentive. Look at when Hardy won the belt - you knew how much that meant to him and it really helped his character with the fans and the thought of him as a champion. Hardy didn't look like a champ but he busted his ass like one.

As long as they do it right I have no problem with Swagger being champ, just as long as they dont cheapen these belts. If Swagger throws down and impressive 5-6 month stint than ok. But if its one and done like Shaemus than why bother. I honestly think Shaemus' win was an accident - literally. When Cena fell of the rope the whole thing was suspect.

I think that they put the WH Belt on him way too soon but I see they did it because of the MiTB PPV coming up and the briefcase wouldn't feel as special with 2 wrestlers walking around with it. They could've had him in at least one meaningful upper midcard feud before they put the belt on him though because it's hard to take him serious after he just got done being embarrassed by Santino in a mini comedy feud. I personally like Swagger and think that if the WWE give him a long and dominant run with the belt he could be a permanent main event guy.

So he's been the champ since Friday (Tuesday), and what's happened since? He's dropped everything unique about his charater except the 'All American American' nickname, and jobbed to Orton, for the second week in a row. Wow! What a way to make your champion seem credible eh?

Some of you have said 'don't worry about what happened before Mania, look what's happening now.' Ok, well it looks as though nothing has changed except Swagger's now got a prop to carry around with him.

On this week's Smackdown, expect Edge and Jericho in the ME, and Swagger's going to be wrestling in the first hour against R-Truth or someone equally irrelevant and he'll win. maybe do a run in during the #1 contender's match and that pattern will then repeat until we're at Extreme Rules, which will probably be a triple threat anyway, and he'll sneek the win in some cheap way, like falling onto someone and getting the 3 count, so that neither of the actual ME'ers lose any credibility, but at the same time Swagger doesn't actually gain any, and it'll be up to Todd 'i say exactly as Vince tells me' Grisham and Matt 'If anyone says i'm a shit commentator i'll just blame Vince' Striker to try and hype him up, which won't work because neither of them could sell immortality to a dying African child.

And Coco, i bring up Punk's crappy title reigns all the time to prove how this sort of booking doesn't make new stars, it simply provides filler for the titles while creative plan their next moves. That's all Punk's reigns did, and that's all Swagger's is likely to do if it continues the way it has been.

I also mention Edge's to show how pointless MiTB is as a means of propelling guys into the ME, because Edge became a true ME'er in the fans eyes after losing the title the first time round.

KOTD, that thought had crossed my mind. They could've had him cash it in this early so there weren't 2 briefcases out there because of the MITB PPV (which I'm not entirely 100% on, but that's a different topic). But even if that were the case, it still wouldn't explain him winning the belt. We'll see where it goes I guess. But because of his competition at the beginning of the year for Jobber of the Year, I will never like his run. I don't see it lasting anyways.

Also, for the people who have posted saying anything before WrestleMania doesn't matter, then why do we have a HOF?

Judging by his match last night against Orton, I have no idea.

The booker's did their best to protect him but he lost the match, not exactly the kind of thing you want from your new World Champion. Okay it was Orton, its not like he was going against some jobber, but at least let the guy save face, and last night I don't think they did.

As far as in the long run, I just don't know. He doesn't really elicit a response from me as a fan. I always looked at him as Kurt Angle's clone, but less funny. Looking at the comparison from a fans point of view, Kurt Angle had that heel funniness about him, and he had the great talent to get a rub off (childish giggle).

Getting back to Swagger, he has the silent/methodical thing going, and who knows if it will be enough to keep him going, I guess only time will tell.

I'm not really sure about this, I've watched Swagger since he first came to the WWE under the ECW roster, so far he's turned out pretty good so far I think he went to RAW sooner then he was ready for, but so far has been pretty impressive, I'm not saying i like him but he's pretty good despite obly being in the WWE for about a year

Jack Swagger is going to be nothing but a transitional champ, at least this time around. There is no doubt in my mind that he will not be walking out of Extreme Rules with the belt.

In my opinion Swagger will come out like Punk. Yes he is main event talent but not enough to hold a show on his own. I just hope this all works out for him and he doesn't get the Vladimir Kozlov treatment and slowly dwindle before becoming a jobber.

First of all I hope they do give him a good title run otherwise what was the point of him winning MITB in the first place when some one like christian of kofi could have.

Anyway i aggree with your idea but they would have had to do all that quite quickly (before the mitb ppv) as they dont want to have 2 briefcases running around but i think they should have waited longer than a week for him to cash it in let him get some credibility back before getting the championship.

You people are acting like Swagger got jobbed out completely, and has been since Friday night's taping. You're making it sound like he's mired in a Jeff Hardy/Rey Mysterio title reign.

I think he's already much more credible than Sheamus was in his first title run. Swagger's stood tall over Edge and Jericho, twice. He's been given the opportunity to make himself more credible, and so far, I buy him as a main eventer. The only thing I don't like is how he's lost his arrogance since becoming champion. He's tuned down the smiling, and the chest thumping, and the pushups. I think that they should absolutely let him be the cocky douchebag that he's been built up as being over the last couple of years. I mean, he went on Raw, despite the fact that he was very nervous, and I thought he held his own with Cena and Orton as far as cutting a promo goes. He's working on making the lisp less prominent as well. Personally, I think they should let him go all out with the lisp, it's a way for a face to get cheap heat on him.

I mean, who did Sheamus face while being champion? He was the WWE Champion, taking on the likes of Evan Bourne. Not only did Swagger face Orton, but he did not get buried. He went out and wrestled a very competitive match that he nearly won. They can afford to make Swagger lose in that situation, as they're building the foundation for something bigger down the line once Orton gets drafted to Smackdown in a few weeks. They're also turning Orton, who I think as of right now is the biggest face in the WWE. They needed him to get a big win, and give the fans even more of a reason to buy into his "new persona". There is no shame in losing a competitive match to Randy Orton, who is a multiple time World Champion.

I think they'll give Swagger a very similar run like Punk had. He'll probably rack up some wins, and he'll probably lose the title in a questionable way, so that he can keep his credibility as a main event threat. I think Jack Swagger has "Star" written all over him, and the WWE is currently trying to build new faces of the company. They're going to do as much as they can to protect Swagger, and being involved with two of the best ever in Jericho and Edge, it's only going to benefit him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back