Is Jack Swagger WWE's Most Underrated Wrestler?

Jack Swagger is underrated when you talk about in ring skills. Jack Swagger is a very good technical wrestler honestly one of the best on the roster. Check out his matches with John Cena and the one match with The Undertaker in 2010. While Jack Swagger is underrated in the ring he isn't ready for mainevents yet and he won't be for awhile. His World Title reign was out of nowhere and bad booking on WWE's part. If Jack Swagger works on his mic skills which he has been (He's in improv classes) then I could imagine him as a main eventer one day but he needs proper build up but at the moment he's not on Ziggler or Rhodes level.

He needs a distinguishable gimmick that possibly is fitting with his name. Swagger sure can be cocky but he doesn't have any real "swag". Change his "leisure look" a little bit to him wearing dress shirts w/ jeans, show him lounging backstage in a leather recliner watching the current happenings on a nice TV, let him do heelish stuff in the ring and then walk away with a signature strut. Give him something to work with, with actual swagger.

I actually think he's quite overrated. Everybody was popping a proverbial nut and hailing him as another Kurt Angle. Well here we are 4 years later and he has accomplished a forgettable run as ECW champion, a joke of a run as World Champion, and now he's riding the coattails of a much more talented performer in Dolph Ziggler. The guys good in the ring, but after that he falls flat. So no, I'd actually say that he is actually getting a pretty fair shake in the WWE right now and is actually overrated in the role he's in.

The guy has no personality at all and when people talk about boring monotone speakers he's the first one who comes to mind before I doze off just thinking about him. The guy is flat out boring, when he won the ECW title back in the day he wasn't as bad because his character was still fresh even though it was boring, now here he is today and the only thing that has changed is people care even less about him. I thought maybe when he had the World Heavyweight Championship around his waist that he'd grow up and actually mature as a wrestler but no luck, I'm still astounded that they gave him the United States Championship. He was a good college wrestler, he's still good in the ring now but not nearly as amazing as everyone claims he is and his character is stagnant, so no he isnt underrated.

I was going to say overrated rather than underrated aswell, but not because of his wrestling ability, he can wrestle well I think. I think he is too much like Kurt Angle right now, rather than being a gold medalist he is an all-american (which not being american I can only guess is some kind of credit for athletics of some sort) And it seems to be his only "credit" he never talks about his World Title, I think he should have dropped the All American crap, the Kurt Angle style wrestling gear and made the title more credible by saying something like "I'm now the World Heavyweight Champion, This is better than being an all-american" Or something along them lines.

The prestige of the Championship should have given him a passage to a new character.

He needs a distinguishable gimmick that possibly is fitting with his name. Swagger sure can be cocky but he doesn't have any real "swag". Change his "leisure look" a little bit to him wearing dress shirts w/ jeans, show him lounging backstage in a leather recliner watching the current happenings on a nice TV, let him do heelish stuff in the ring and then walk away with a signature strut. Give him something to work with, with actual swagger.

Perhaps this could have been that character, I love that idea! Not like the Miz or Jericho with a suit, just well dressed and casual, smug, above it all kind of character.

Jack Swagger is underrated when you talk about in ring skills. Jack Swagger is a very good technical wrestler honestly one of the best on the roster. Check out his matches with John Cena and the one match with The Undertaker in 2010. While Jack Swagger is underrated in the ring he isn't ready for mainevents yet and he won't be for awhile. His World Title reign was out of nowhere and bad booking on WWE's part. If Jack Swagger works on his mic skills which he has been (He's in improv classes) then I could imagine him as a main eventer one day but he needs proper build up but at the moment he's not on Ziggler or Rhodes level.

But hes getting better at mic skills at a Very good rate and i think in some time he will be vry good at mic skills along with great wrestling skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back