*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] 2010 WWE Draft Discussion

My comment is toward Big Show to Smackdown. I think this would be a great idea and would create great rivalries such as;

The Big Show vs. Undertaker-I personally liked their rivalry from 2008. I thought is was great and don't know why people complained about it. I think they could have at least one or maybe two good matches together.

The Big Show vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge-I strongly think that if big show is drafted to smackdown that he will instantly get involved with this rivalry. I see Chris Jericho saying something to big show then big show cost Chris Jericho a match and then Edge spears Big Show.

The Big Show vs. Mark Henry-They could bring up the rivalry from 2008 for the ECW Championship saying how Henry cost Big Show the title and Big Show had the match won if Mark Henry didn't get involved in his business.

The Big Show vs. Jack Swagger- This would be for the World Heaveyweight Championship. They could base this rivalry on Big Show winning every major title in every company he's been in. He's the only one who won the ECW, WCW, and WWE World Heavyweight Championships. He can add the World Heaveyweight Championship to that list too.

I have to say, I believe this draft is the most intriguing draft in sometime, simply because of all the already established veterans that could be on the move, as well as the abundance of young talent in need of a change badly. One of those people is Cody Rhodes on Raw. This kid has got a bright, bright future in this company, with a couple title reigns more than likely before it's all said and done. I feel he needs to go to SmackDown! becuase ever since Legacy broke up... where did he go? Ted has still been around, and starting to really take stride and impress and now the rumors of the Fortunate Sons, Cody might fit in there since Ted and Cody never really had a falling out, but SmackDown is his best option.
Also, I could see Mark Henry going to SmackDown! This would also be nice because any wrestling fan knows, Mark has been around for a long time now, 15 years or so, has always given good, reliable matches,a couple title challenges, and I think he deserves a title run before he's done. I also thought that about Finlay so. Also with the new face gimmick he's doing now, he'd fit in much better on SD!
M.V.P. could also be on the move I think, I've never been a fan of his and his finishing move is awful. He seems to be loaded with talent but doesn't seem to be innovative with his moves (he's got the Cena and R-Truth syndrome where his moves are predictable, and his awful spinoff of the People's Elbow, can we outlaw these please?) and it's unclear to see where he fits in, he seems to be a lifetime Mid-Card wrestler.
I do think no titles will switch shows, but if one did it would the U.S. and I.C., but I think Miz is right where he should be, he'll be in the main event very soon, maybe another Cena feud coming up which would be great now that he's improved so much. I like the array of Heavyweight Contenders on Raw, Sheamus, HHH, Orton, Batista, Cena, expect DiBiase, Miz, and possibly Kofi to enter the picture, with a sprinkle of Bourne occassionally. But that's nine contenders on one show so which big name will be moving? I think it's Sheamus and here's why. Undertaker is injured (I don't care what anyone says, his knee got messed up at WM) then on a little R&R, you've got Swagger, Edge, and Jericho in the title picture and with the exception of Orton (he'll stay on Raw) that's about it really on SD! So, those three, Sheamus, Hardy, McIntyre, and I sense a Swagger/Benjamin feud on the horizon, and they should give Kane one more serious push here, but won't. So Sheamus comes on the show, dominates like he did on Raw until around SummerSlam, enter the Undertaker. This could set up a new, fresh Undertaker rivalry and WM, and possibly set up the finale of his legendary career.

Now on SmackDown! this one is hard, they are loaded with young guys, but also a lot of young guys that don't appear to be going anywhere. Mike Knox with his size and agility could be a beast, and he's not being used, I don't know if he's sloppy, or not willing to work hard or what but massive waste of talent there, but I digress. John Morrison, C.M. Punk, Hart Dynasty, and my surprise pick, Shad Gaspard, all head to Raw.
Morrison is well liked by the audience, his matches are pretty good, but to me there's something he's missing before I'll take him seriously as a contender...maybe it's the pants.
C.M. Punk has always been one of my favorites (fellow Chicagoland guy) and even now his gimmick is so annoying, but he's so good and making us hate him it's scary. No one has been such a good heel since, dare I say, Sgt. Slaughter with his Iraq/Desert Storm gimmick in the nineties (he was actually stabbed during this time at a show). I wish he could keep the S.E.S. with him, but I also have Hart Dynasty going, sorry Punk, I'm Luke will be fine on his own, just tell him not to be Festus...ever again.
Hart Dynasty is a personal favorite because when I started watching in '88 (at the tender age of 3) the Hart Foundation were up and comers and Bret has always been a favorite of mine (except the WCW years) and British Bulldog was one of my favorite also. But watching these two over the last couple months, they've seemed ready to take the next step for some time now (they managed to make Cryme Tyme look good several time) all that needs improvement, D.H. Smith needs to smile, or do something, he's a robot in the ring, no emotion. These two will be tag champs very very soon.
Shad Gaspard now is an absolute monster. I've wanted him to leave JTG for so long now, he looks like, had the strength, and just the move execution in the ring to be a star in the ring for a long time, he needs to be challenging for a title by SummerSlam or they are wasting him. (I.C. or U.S. would be good for him now.)

Well if you read all of this I thank you, this is my first post with several more to come I'm sure. I've been watching wrestling, studying wrestling, like I said since 1988 (even as a kid I knew Hogan was a terrible wrestler) and I try to offer non-biased, true wrestling knowledge based comments to these conversations. Thanks again, and I'll be around.

I'd have to say Randy Orton to SmackDown is pretty much a given since he's having a match with Swagger at Extreme Rules, it would be able to send him to SmackDown and continue his feud, ultimately taking it from him and being a big face on SmackDown and having fresh feuds with other guys. It would also help him get away from HHH so we don't see that for a while.

I do not want Chris Jericho to move from SmackDown. I think he's perfect for SmackDown. If he moved to Raw, Batista is 'the' heel there. He would over shadow Chris Jericho I think. Also I'm going to SmackDown's live show and I want to see Jericho.

Maybe with the recent break up of Cryme Time, either Shad or JTG could possibly go to Raw as a supplemetary draft pick and I also expect the Divas and Womens champions to switch shows for some reason. I could also see Kofi Kingston being drafted to SmackDown since I don't think he's doing much on RAW at the moment.

This is my big idea. Send Undertaker to RAW and Cena to Smackdown! They're the top names on both brands and it would be a huge change to see them go to either brand.
Now onto what others have said they want, leave Orton on RAW. With Cena gone only good things would come of it. They need a change, to be on different brands.
Big Show needs to go back to smackdown and become someones bitch again.
Matt Hardy should either win the Intercontinental title or move to raw.
Jericho and Edge can stay where they are.
Evan Bourne to smackdown or be in the US title hunt.
SES to RAW.
And Zack Ryder to smackdown.

Orton to SmackDown or Cena to SmackDown. One of them does indeed need to go macksstream. SmackDown is in dire need of another top face. Edge can't do it alone and we can't keep waiting on Taker until SummerSlam or so anymore. Christian would be nice, but then the Edge and Christian teaming will constantly be brought up and Christian still needs that big title run before that can happen again.

Rhodes or DiBiase, even though Ted is looking good on Raw. Cody could benefit from the writer friendly brand and his brother, Dustin aka Goldust is there. There's a feud right there that can be established. Rhyder and or Bourne and possibly Yoshi Tatsu. I mean yeah there isn't a cruiserweight title, but the blue brand just seems natural still to this day for those guys. That and they are just going to be jobbers on Raw in the end sadly.

If Matt Hardy doesn't win the Intercontinental Championship in the near future, just put him on Raw to finish him off or pull the damn trigger. He's got the crowd behind him and he still puts on nice matches. He may not have the look that Vince wants, but Swagger, even with all his talent and potential, isn't ready for the lime light. Matt should get at least a title shot or a #1 contenders shot. The guys put a lot of years in the company and deserves a shot. Big Show seems more suited for SmackDown and needs to stay on that show. Enough said on that.

Kofi Kingston...the guy got a major push, and then was practically given the finger and has fallen way off the charts. What?!? He's not going anywhere on Raw, especially when the brand is destined to have Cena/Orton, Batista, HHH, Sheamus mixed up for the WWE title all year long this year. Kofi needs a change of scenery. Raw just isn't going to be for him for a while. MVP needs to return to SmackDown and go back to his heel ways. The face change was nice, but again the trigger wasn't pulled. Go back to SmackDown.

By any chance can the writers get moved around? Raw needs to learn a few things from SmackDown in my opinion. A lot of moves will be made this year. Lets just hope most if not all will actually make some sense!

Pretty much everybody is saying the same thing. But Ill do this anyway. This is what I think is gunna happen, not what I want to happen. Well, some of it.

To Monday Nights
Batista: Will be the top monster heel, continue his feud with Cena.
Drew McIntyre: Will be pushed straight to the main event, IMO.
The Hart Dynasty: Will Finally get the tag title push they deserve.
Shad: Will do the whole monster heel gimmick, squash people for weeks and slowly fade out
Edge: Needs a change of scenery, will be the top face of the show.
John Morrison: Honestly he should be on smackdown, but I think its his time.

To Friday Nights:
The Big Show: Will split apart from the Miz, finally become his own man.
MVP: Should get more of a shine back at his home.
Kofi Kingston: Will get the push he deserves.
Randy Orton: This is a toss up for me. Hes in a feud on smackdown, so he might as well be there.
Sheamus: Been on Raw for less than a year and is already stale IMO, smackdown would be good for him.
Cody Rhodes: Raw Makes no sense for him. He literally has nothing.

I do realize I can go on an on about people going to smackdown, so im gunna stop there. Other possibly switches could be Carlito Christian and/or Mark Henry to smackdown, S.E.S and/or Shelton Benjamin to Raw. This is at least what I expect.

There are a few people that I just can't see moving around at this time.

Cena- He's the biggest draw on Monday nights, there's no way they're going to move him to Smackdown.

Orton- He is on fire. I can't tell you how they made that face-turn work, but he's quickly becoming one of the most popular faces in the company. Moving him to Smackdown would kill all of his momentum, so he's not leaving RAW.

HHH- He tried Smackdown, didn't work out so well.

Undertaker- He's a Friday night installment, he's not moving.

Rey Mysterio- Another guy who they tried moving but failed. Friday night Smackdown is clearly the best place for Rey.

CM Punk- CM Punk is quickly becoming the best heel in the company, not the top heel, but definitely the most entertaining. He's got a lot of potential on Smackdown, and I think the draft will only bring him fresh blood to pick on.

Swagger- Cena's the champ, and Cena's not moving, so Swagger isn't moving.

So who is moving?

Kofi- Kofi got his RAW moment when he entered a great feud with Randy Orton. Put him on Smackdown and give him another good feud, and he will flourish.

MVP- He's pretty much the default RAW Superstars guy, which is one step up from being in the pre-show dark match. He belongs on Smackdown, and I know this is totally crazy (sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm), but he should go back to being a heel.

Christian- Christian on RAW doesn't seem right to me, and I can't really explain why. I feel like Christian belongs on Smackdown, possibly because Jericho and Edge are there, and I feel like the three of them could have a good feud.

Sheamus- I feel like he's done his bit on RAW. Ship him to Smackdown and let him go Celtic Warrior all over Friday nights.

Batista- This guy hops between brands like it's his job. I guess it sort of is his job, but he didn't really accomplish anything too phenomenal on Smackdown this past year, so put him on RAW, let him feud with Cena, and see where that takes him, possibly to HHH or Big Show.

Kane- Kane is running out of gas, but I think setting him loose on some of the younger RAW guys would be a good idea. Evan Bourne or Yoshi would be a good feud option for him, as would the Miz.

Matt Hardy- It would be interesting to see him and The Miz in a feud, and there are some other possibilities outside of that.

Kane on SmackDown is nice because he wins a match from time to time. Put him on Raw, he'll beat the cruiserweights and then lose to everyone. It's a shame really. The guy could really be a solid main event talent. He puts on good matches and his promos are mostly involving fire, which is always cool to see. He could elevate Kofi or Miz or hell even Sheamus.

Matt Hardy vs Miz for the U.S title would be nice to see and Matt having another singles title run would do wonders for everyone that cheers for him. A short WWE or WHC reign would silence all the critics for good. Just do it. He's the reliable Hardy and he puts over everyone without complaint.

Batista is always on both brands no matter what, so it doesn't matter where he goes. MVP should go back to SmackDown and turn heel once more. However with all the heels on that brand, I could honestly see the face MVP stay and he could do well on that brand. For Kofi, send him to SmackDown, have him face another top heel and then give him the push that he should've gotten AFTER beating Orton. Same thing as last year pretty much except on the blue brand.

Finally, Christian! yes Captain Charisma himself. There's just something there on SmackDown that screams for him and he's be a great asset to that brand. He could face Jericho, which would be a great program, then Edge (brother vs brother has to happen at some point in the next year or so) and elevate Shelton, Morrison or McIntyre along the way. There's still something for him on Raw, but with all that "star power" over there, SmackDown is just the perfect spot for him. He hasn't done much on Raw, possibly because of the NXT gig, but there just seems to be no room for him there.

The only person that I'm worried about is Randy Orton getting moved to Smackdown mainly because like everyone else has already said, it will kill all of his momentum. Orton fits perfectly on Raw. Raw seems to be the traditional wrestling fan's show, while Smackdown's demographic is younger kids (or so I read awhile back) If that's the case, I think that Cena should move to Smackdown. Cena is geared toward younger audiences and he's become stale on Raw. Cena showed up on Smackdown when he first debuted and has been on Raw for years. So why not make that this year's big move??

I could see Raw losing a lot of people to Smackdown. Mainly as a spring cleaning type of deal. Everyone in the mid card that hasn't been used like Christian, MVP, Mark Henry, Kofi, could all possibly be heading to Smackdown.

As far as coming to Raw, I can def. see one member of the now defunked Cryme Tyme heading to Raw to get lost in the mix. I could even see CM Punk and SES moving to Raw. Raw is in desperate need of some heels and I think that CM Punk/SES would fit nicely. Even if Edge came to Raw and eventually went heel, I think that could work too.

I expect to see Batista and Big Show get shifted around somewhere. Even though they both show up on whichever show they want. I could see WWE just using this as an excuse to permanently move them to a different brand.

Heres what we know

1. 1st pick will be a biggie and will probably be smackdowns big pick.
2 last pick will be the best pick and will probably be raw's pick.
3. NXT wont have a draft pick

smackdowns biggest picks

1. Christian
2.Sheamus
3.Michael Cole
4. Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne

Raw biggest picks
1. Edge if he loses his WHC match or Undertaker
2. Matt Striker
3. John Morrison
4. Jack swagger if he loses his belt

others maybe changing shows

1. cena- it would be interesting
2. Regal- teach the rookies
3. teddy long or vickie guerrero- Raw has no "GM"
4. kelly kelly and beth phoenix

real excited about this draft since it seems that WWE has more "Younger" talent, and as we have seen with many of the younger talent moving to a different can make or break their career

To Smackdown
Christian- The guy needs a change, dont know why he wasnt put on smack down in the first place being around Edge, and Jericho would be great for him, and i can buy him being a credible champion on smackdown

Kingston- Gets pushed, buried, pushed again this guy needs a change of scenery, i can see him entering a great feud with some of the younger guys on the smackdown roster

Big Show- Will prolly simply just switch places with the other "big man" in kane

Randy Orton??- I only see this happening only if they continue have Randy Orton stay a face, I dont see how him and Cena can co-exist on the same show

To Raw
Batista- Even though hes been part of Raw hes "Officially" still part of Smackdown, prolly a wasted pick just to permanently move Batista to Raw

McIntrye-Hes being groomed to be the next big thing a roster change would help him on his path

R-Truth-a big fan favorite, dont see what else he can do unless they plan on giving him the IC title

Kane-Switching places with Big Show, could help put McIntrye over

Raw needs a GM. Teddy has been on SmackDown forever and Vickie just seems suited for SmackDown. If not Teddy, just make Regal General Manager again. He's got the look of a GM and he could still teach behind the scenes or something. He and Teddy would both make good GM personalities on either Raw or SmackDown. I get the entertainment part of the WWE, but as long as "wrestling" is concerned, there needs to be some sort of real law around and these guest GM's just aren't it. It was fun and interesting for a while, but it needs to end and someone with actual wrestling knowledge needs to step in and take charge.

With the draft tonight Edge and Orton could end up on the same show, & if that happens could we see a reunion of Rated RKO? Would it bennefit them at all? And would Vince give them another title run?

Let me know what you think and any other teams you can think of reforming that the fans might want to see.

Getting Rated-RKO back together would be awesome. Because Orton is now a face, as well as Edge, they could be a great team. If they did get back together, they probably would go after the titles. Of course, if the Hart Dynasty wins the titles, then they would be turned heel because the Hart Dynasty is a mega-face. So it would be a good idea, but they could go either way with the heel vs. face.

Both orton and edge have something in short supply in wwe: the abilty to make people CARE. Why would anyone possibly combine 2 short supplies to make 1. That said, it'll probably happen soon.

Rated RKO shouldn't reunite for anything more than a one night thing, wrestling some other team, as it's been discussed before I wouldn't mind seeing them clash in a match of Rated RKO vs Jack Swagger and Chris Jericho, and then in the end, or after the match, have Randy RKO Edge just to solidify the whole tweener character.

The only team I could see reforming that the fans would love to see is E&C, but I have my doubts they'd do that, seeing as Edge and Christian is in totally different leagues, and both doesn't get anything out of tag team wrestling, I wouldn't mind seeing them feud though, after a one night reunion, that's all the old tag teams should be doing, one night reunions, not reforming the teams.

If Christian and Orton both get drafted to Smackdown, would be even better. E+C and Rated-Rko (Edge, Christian, Orton) combined in a 6 man tag match vs Dibiase, Swagger, Jericho

This could happen. In fact there has been talk of Randy Orton being one of those drafted to Smackdown. The tag-team division is lacking and to have a recognizable team in Orton and Edge would be awesome to see.

But I don't think anything will come out of this except for a "one night only" kind of thing.

There is still the possibility of a Christian & Edge reunion. E & C are more well known then the team of Rated RKO. That, and E & C would make sense on a PG fanbase while the name "Rated RKO" wouldn't be that profitable with what WWE has been doing with their product lately.

It's a buyer's market I know, but I'm thinking in the long run here. Randy Orton is now one of the 2 "top" dogs so to speak (counting Cena). Having him team w another Main Eventer in Edge again would be stellar but short-lived. Now Christian is still mid carding, and if he were to team with his kayfabe brother once again, he would shoot up to a Main Event-like place.

Does anyone think there is a chance Vince looks to stack the roster on Raw to put a pre-emptive end to the new "Monday Night Wars" before they even start? I know it isn't likely because that would in essence mean he is reckognizing TNA as a threat, but he has moved big names before so who knows.

Rated RKO is a team that is good for short term's, both are singles wrestlers and mega main eventers, so joining up for a tag team would need to have meaning example, taking out DX, to take out Swagger/Jericho/Wade COULD work but longitivity of the team? it's not looking very good, unless they're is some kind of pay off like Jericho/Edge since Orton/Edge are both newly good guys I can't see WWE turning either heel so quick.

For some one time reunion, seeing Rated RKO together again would be sweet. However even for the one off, knowing how WWE never refers to the past, chances are they'll just advertise it as some random tag team match and not say it's the return of Rated RKO.

Long term I don't see them being a tag team for long. Edge and Orton are way too big for the tag team division and I think the Tag Titles are doing just fine being around the waists of The Miz and Big Show. There isn't enough room for two mega-power tag teams.

Rated RKO would be kind of cool to reunite. Be a face team this trip around, but once again WWE isn't high on the tag teams anymore. They only have one every once in a blue moon, just to keep the titles alive. I just think RKO will never reform due to the simple fact that these 2 guys, Orton, and Edge are too hungry for the heavy weight titles. I would rather see Edge and Christian reform personally, and pull of some outstanding ladder matches like old times.

Rated rko would be horrible if you re unite them now as faces. They should be Heels as faces I dont see them being better than they were back in 2006-2007

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back