Ending of IMPACT

thesquaredcircle

The internet champion
Impact was going strong with a lot of solid quick matches. The first segment with austin aries was also very good and it made the x division title look important. But the ending to impact is what really ruined the show. I think that was one of the worst endings to an impact ever. The random woman with the drug problem couldn't act at all and the story they told didn't make a lot of sense. I'm hoping that maybe this isn't the end to the story but I wished they would of said they were planning a birthday for Serg or something. Anything else than that. Why didn't they explain the 3 men who attacked sting?
What do you guys think about that ending segment?

that was horrible!
if they were still taping Impact I think that was something that would have been redone.

did that girl even say who she was? what connection did she had to AJ or Dixie or someone? the way Daniels reacted saying what is she doing here makes me wonder if they are connected.
she wasn't very good on the mic. she said she was an addict. but so what? Dixie and AJ were helping her. and? Dixie has been saying people were going to get hurt. so who's going to get hurt?
I doubt this is anywhere near over.

the crowd was dead, except for people saying WHAT?

most of the show was entertaining, but that ending was really bad. opposite of last weeks show when 3 masked men attacked Sting to end the show. THAT was exciting and created buzz all week. then tonight nothing, other than something Hogan said at the beginning. they could have even showed some masked men outside the arena or something, anything would have been better than nothing.

I think she did say her name but I forgot it. Hogan said something about not giving the 3 masked men screen time. I don't know but the show was pretty good until the ending segment. Hopefully this is not end of the storyline.

I would say it's the worse ending I've ever seen on a wrestling show, but I watched the victory road incident.

One step forward, ten steps back. Whoever booked that needs to be fired tonight.

Yeah, that ending was garbage.
Like someone above said, that female was horrible on the mic. It sounded as if she was laughing, she was horrible. Couldn't even put out any fake tears. I don't even know who the hell she was / is.
I don't understand how her being an addict had anything to do with AJ & Dixie having an affair. Was just plain horrible!

Yeah, that ending was garbage.
Like someone above said, that female was horrible on the mic. It sounded as if she was laughing, she was horrible. Couldn't even put out any fake tears. I don't even know who the hell she was / is.
I don't understand how her being an addict had anything to do with AJ & Dixie having an affair. Was just plain horrible!

I'm thinking that this isn't over. I Think Daniels and Kazz can prove that the chick is an "actor". Why else would the they came out to the ring earlier waving a folder that looked to contain pictures in the air costing aj the match. And when Daniels and Kaz entered the ring at the end, AJ Beat the living dog crap out of both of them, (did you see how hard he was hitting them?) keeping them from spilling the beans, again.

I Bet All this is going to be flipped around making kaz and Daniels look like they were the good guys all this time, while AJ and Dixie turns heel and admits the affair, and just don't care any more.

That's the only reason i could come up with for an ending that looked not very well thought out.

She appeared to be pregnant as well, and the whole time I kept thinking she was going to say she was having AJ Styles kid or something and AJ and Dixie were covering it up. What we got made even less sense than that. What did the photo, and video have to do with helping her? I really hope this isn't the end to this story because I was left shaking my head tonight.

I haven't watched impact for a while...simply because it became a bit painful to watch. I really wanted to see them flourish and do something great to make VKM and company get off their butts and do something worth watching on a WEEKLY basis and not just when they feel like it...but i digress.
I wanted to watch this week because I even though i don't watch I do read up on the results to see if its worth watching at least. I did gain a little interest in the AJ/Dizzy storyline and when i saw her tweet that it was going to come to head tonight, i wanted to see what was going to happen...especially since i couldn't bear to watch Lebron hoist the larry obrien trophy tonight.
At the end, after the video of them kissing, hotel rooms, embracing, this whole drug addict thing....totally ******ed.
And i'm back to not being at all interested.
See here's the thing. You have a solid company with solid talent and if used correctly, can easily become a contender....but you have some of the most WACKED OUT storylines in creation and you wonder why people are only reading the reviews and not watching the product. You have the best talent in the world and kindercare students working in creative. What are you giving me? Why should i invest time when you take storylines and arc them like this? I wanna love TNA ...i really do...
but man its REALLY hard to invest when they do stuff like this.

and about the ninjas who attacked sting last week?
we're just.... gonna pretend that...didn't..ok. shhh. dont talk about it...
forget i said anything.

I think the entire thing has dragged on far too long. This whole AJ/Dixie/Daniels thing should have been a few weeks tops. The fans never really cared much for it and are getting bored with it. The big problem tonight was that it wasn't good for "live audience" viewership. The live audience could not hear AJ tell Dixie away "we don't have to do this" nor could anyone really understand the woman. I'm not that familiar with independent women wrestlers but she did not look like a wrestler so I assume she was simply a paid actor. Regardless, she was HORRIBLE. The agent should have realized this and had it be a taped segment. Just because it airs live doesn't mean they can't utilize taped segments when dealing with untrained workers. The "fight" between AJ and Daniels also looked weak. If they had it taped backstage, then AJ/Daniels could have had a fight "outside the ring" to give it that raw aggressive feeling.

Explanation:

The woman was a close friend of Dixie and (I assume) AJ Styles. She had personal issues and obviously a baby. AJ and Dixie were both trying to help her out in some fashion. That is why they met up in order to discuss the aforementioned help. Apparently computers don't exist in their homes. Whatever, logic in wrestling - hard to find.

Daniels got images, footage and so on of the two and made it look like Dixie had an affair with AJ. The reason why they couldn't say so straight away was due to the fact that they did not want to humiliate this girl we saw and complicate her life, so they had to cope with it. Finally the girl came out and said it herself.

It makes perfect sense. Does that change the fact that it was the biggest pile of shit TNA has put out since 2009? Absolutely not.

This is the thing, the whole story makes sense on paper. That's not the problem however. The problem was the complexity of the whole situation. TNA can't possibly expect people to get this. I barely did and I am a very intelligent individual compared to regular people, let alone wrestling fans and especially the folk on THIS forum. Geez there's some silly folk around here, just scroll up. Oh I'm modest too. Wrestling storylines are awesome when they're deep and this is straight out of the blue weird.

Secondly, this thing has more plot holes than Swiss cheese. I understand that AJ and Dixie could not let the cat out of the bag on national TV, but why did Dixie's hubby punch AJ? Why is this a secret among Dixie's family? The girl is not a convict, she's someone in need of moral support and help. Dixie's husband punched AJ, hence he didn't know. Why?

I'll tell you why. TNA wanted to run an angle where Styles and Dixie have an affair. Two weeks into the whole thing they realize it sucks goat nuts, they find out that this won't pan out in the long run so they start scrambling for a way to explain it and this abomination came out. End of story.

The most entertaining part was AJ trying his best not to laugh at this actress' horrendous "acting". First of all, I've never seen someone cry without tears. Second of all, AJ needs a damn Oscar for containing his laughter. Rewatch the segment you can see him shift his head away and snicker. Can't blame ya.

I didn't like it since the first second I saw it and this just solidified my hate for this angle. It's stupid, it's incredibly convulted, rushed and it doesn't help anyone in any way. They could've easily feuded AJ with Daniels (again) in a simple manner. Why was this angle necessary? Beats me. All I know is that the sooner it's off my TV - the better. Worst storyline in pro wrestling today. It's also quite morbid that this storyline also drew some of the highest numbers recently. Are fans really interested in over-dramatic, soap opera crap? I hope not. Maybe we're fucked up. Or they're fucked up. Don't know. I know the angle's fucked up. It is what it is, please end it quickly.

And to all the WWE marks who seem to fly out of the woodworks after a shitty angle in order to hurl random shit at TNA and say "See? This is why I don't watch", shove your incredibly idiotic posts where the sun don't shine. There are plenty of reason why you should watch and they happen to eclipse the baddy baddies. If I see another smuggy "Well I haven't watched TNA in three gazillion years, this was my first show in a while and THIS is why I stopped watching" post, I'll puke my guts out. No it wasn't and you still prefer a product where dudes can knock a 200 plus human being with the tip of his fingers and 300 plus males thinking they're dinosaurs. You have no case. Or you're a ROH fan, then you really have no case. It's a thread about the ending of the show not your track record with watching wrestling companies. Keep that to yourselves and proceed with taking a large, steamy dump on this storyline. This one deserves it.

Another P.S: Hogan referenced the "ninjas". They should have been at least highlighted during the show. But then again, they are ninjas. Maybe they were standing right next to Hogan. Who knows? Maybe the pregant chick hired them!

Yet another P.S: If you replay the segment with the preggo lady, you probably noticed the silence of the crowd. If you listen closely between the "WHAT??!" chants, you can actually hear the ratings dropping. Beautiful. It's like a darling baby deer nibbling on a leaf.

[cL];3967823 said:
I haven't watched impact for a while...simply because it became a bit painful to watch. I really wanted to see them flourish and do something great to make VKM and company get off their butts and do something worth watching on a WEEKLY basis and not just when they feel like it...but i digress.
I wanted to watch this week because I even though i don't watch I do read up on the results to see if its worth watching at least. I did gain a little interest in the AJ/Dizzy storyline and when i saw her tweet that it was going to come to head tonight, i wanted to see what was going to happen...especially since i couldn't bear to watch Lebron hoist the larry obrien trophy tonight.
At the end, after the video of them kissing, hotel rooms, embracing, this whole drug addict thing....totally ******ed.
And i'm back to not being at all interested.
See here's the thing. You have a solid company with solid talent and if used correctly, can easily become a contender....but you have some of the most WACKED OUT storylines in creation and you wonder why people are only reading the reviews and not watching the product. You have the best talent in the world and kindercare students working in creative. What are you giving me? Why should i invest time when you take storylines and arc them like this? I wanna love TNA ...i really do...
but man its REALLY hard to invest when they do stuff like this.

and about the ninjas who attacked sting last week?
we're just.... gonna pretend that...didn't..ok. shhh. dont talk about it...
forget i said anything.

Lets just give it time, something tells me it was meant to look like a cover up for something else.

I think the entire thing has dragged on far too long. This whole AJ/Dixie/Daniels thing should have been a few weeks tops. The fans never really cared much for it and are getting bored with it. The big problem tonight was that it wasn't good for "live audience" viewership. The live audience could not hear AJ tell Dixie away "we don't have to do this" nor could anyone really understand the woman. I'm not that familiar with independent women wrestlers but she did not look like a wrestler so I assume she was simply a paid actor. Regardless, she was HORRIBLE. The agent should have realized this and had it be a taped segment. Just because it airs live doesn't mean they can't utilize taped segments when dealing with untrained workers. The "fight" between AJ and Daniels also looked weak. If they had it taped backstage, then AJ/Daniels could have had a fight "outside the ring" to give it that raw aggressive feeling.

agreed with almost eveything you said up util "The "fight" between AJ and Daniels also looked weak.". How did that look "weak"?

Am I the only one who didn't think it was THAT attrocious?

I mean, yeah. If you put a hundred endings into a hat, this would've been the one I would have least wanted to pull, and that girl was an absolutely attrocious actor, but as far as the story goes, eh. I don't mind it. So long as they wrap this up at Destination X. I mean, Double A is in the main event, so as far as I'm concerned, that absolves this.

Absolute trainwreck, wouldn't say ruined the whole show though as the opener option c was brilliant, knockout gutcheck match was pretty good, all the bfg series matches were great...

Maybe it's b/c I already knew when they started this storyline it was going to have a weak ending so I wasn't too disappointed. Shocked...yes shocked that this actor was allowed to come on stage live. Disappointed...yes disappointed that this story didn't end sooner and actually make a little sense.

Dixie isn't interesting and neither is Brooke Hogan, the only thing they could do to change my opinion is both turn heel having them feud with Hogan for power but that is highly unlikely so I cross my fingers hoping for Karen Jarrett to return and actually make the Knockout gm position interesting again.

Two possibilities...a return to the Beulah/Raven/Dreamer angle from ECW.
The other being that she's the surrogate mother to a child she's having for Dixie and Serge, or Serge can't have kids and AJ's the donor.

This storyline just doesn't make sense to me if they were just helping a friend, it still doesn't explain the photos of them kissing. Bad writing is bad writing.

Hopefully this storyline ends soon and there is a big payoff for kaz/daniels cause they're the ones that i think need to benefit the most from all of this.

What are yall talking about? That was a good ending plays into so many parts of the storyline. I will admit that the girl's acting wasen't top par but it got the point over. She is good friend's of AJ and Dixie Carter since the beginning of TNA. She has a drug/sex problem and went to Dixie and AJ for help because she didn't want anyone to know about it. Christopher Daniels is mad becuase he knew about it and was taking advantage and making up rumor's to get into AJ's head because he was suspose to keep it a secret. So where does this go with Kaz/Daniels and AJ, What will Dixie's husband Serg say about punching AJ about that, What will Kurt Angle AJ's tag team partner say about it? Well we got a tag team title match between the four of them next week to solve the problem. So where does this story not make any sense? And Hogan said he didn't want to give the 3 masked guys any TV time so he would not play replays of it and make sure they are not in the building.. So how does that not make sense either....

There is also the possibility that this leads to a Kaz vs Daniels feud. What if it comes out that Daniels knew all along that there was no affair. He tricked Kaz into thinking that AJ was this liar and cheat so that Kaz would help him get rid of AJ. Now Kaz is pissed because Daniels tricked him into turning on one of his best friends. That would be a great basis for a Kaz vs Daniels feud.

Wow, did that last segment really drag on and on and on and on....and on.

Doubt that the woman is going to be a "actor" to cover the affair, especially since Daniels said a couple of times "No, what is she doing here, she'll ruin everything."

Just a really bad pay off. I've seen some bad WWE pay offs (Like Hornswaggle being Vince's...um.....son), but this was just really horrible.

This is how I would pay it off. I would run the affair angle, have Dixie leave Serge, go with AJ. Have Hogan warn Dixie about AJ, and in the end, AJ uses Dixie to get control of TNA, and the "exposure of the affair" turns out to be a ruse by Kazz, AJ, and Daniels. TNA trapped themselves in the angle, and that could be a plausible (though way out) finish to the angle.

i havent seen impact but by what i heard i got one question why do fans always like people to try and take over thwir recepted companys i mean hasnt that storyline been played to many times maybe the way they ended impact was to keep people guessing and no company including wwe gets it right everytime

They should just come out next week and be honest with us and say they had this idea to have AJ/Dixie "have an affair" but then realized it was a really stupid idea and after it was introduced and really had no idea how to end the storyline so that is why they tried to make it into something innocent but the actor we hired sucked so bad that we just could live with the ending so SORRY about the lame storyline. Sometime you have an idea and it looks good on paper but when you try it on TV it doesn't work out like you want, just ask Katie Vick.

If they did that I would respect them more then if they try to sell us on the ending and the horrible actor who "tried" convince us of what "really" happened.

i havent seen impact but by what i heard i got one question why do fans always like people to try and take over thwir recepted companys i mean hasnt that storyline been played to many times maybe the way they ended impact was to keep people guessing and no company including wwe gets it right everytime

Because the story that they used didn't make any sense at all. It was just bad writing to hurry up and get to the end of a pointless storyline. It doesn't keep me guessing, I'm not wondering who the drug addicted bad actress was that's not even a wrestler or relevant to wrestling or any other outcome in TNA besides this one. And the only thing I'm guessing is how they are going to make this storyline even worse next week.

It's not an angle that's relevant to wrestling, whereas AJ sleeping with his boss to try and gain power and feud with Hogan would be (not saying that's the best way to go but it would of been alot better than what we got)

What we got was a long and drawn out story that had a terrible climax that seems like the writers had no idea where they were going so they just threw in a horribly drafted copout. I love TNA but this was just awful and I hope there isn't more to this story unless it involves AJ & Dixie turning heel.

As far as the rest of the show A+++

the ending of impact this week left me with a bad taste. the whole explaination to me just didnt make much sense and like people have already said, the woman who played the addict couldnt act too well. when that whole segment started up with her being an addict, i kept thinking, why did you call AJ and Dixie??? why not call CM Punk and join the SES, hahaha. bad joke aside, the payoff wasnt as good as i hoped it would be.

I think tna came up with this whole angle and came up with this in the last minute. no sense what so ever from aj asking his your husband home.
unless she is in the family of serge. also why wouldnt they say this when everyone thought they where having affair becuz to protect the girl from her family? and most importantly why daniels and kaz leaves from the start it looked like kaz was being blacked mailed to fight aj since then he just becomes a heel.
i feel the only way to make sense is that she is kazarion's sisther and aj helped her out angry kazarion which she stold from. and for serge they real;ly aint anything that would make sense.

I haven't watched Impact since the debut of Matt Hardy...and before that I used to watch it regularly when they were on FSSW. I couldn't help but laugh at the entire episode.

Why does the entire arena look like there was a fire somewhere? It looked smokey/foggy. Maybe RVD and Jeff Hardy were doing drugs until their time to wrestle.

Why is Brooke Hogan on there? (I know it's because of her dad.) But what is her role? Are the women supposed to take her seriously on giving them "career advice"? Mickie James jobbing? LOL! I hope that wasn't Brooke's decision to put that other girl over Mickie.

And now for the final segment. I was so lost. Nothing made any sense. I make better sense out of a Great Khali promo.

Last night's episode is a proof that TNA is not a threat to the WWE. Just like when they tried to put Impact on the same timeslot as Raw. See how long that lasted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back