Best ending to a match

thepoo62

Pre-Show Stalwart
Hey guys, I was just thinking about the lame match endings lately and I started becoming nostalgic for glorious match endings from my memory. I say we talk about our favourite match ending memories, not for who won them, but how they won. Dusty finishes (where an authority figure reverses the finish and the "match continues") or DQs or countouts are way to over used.

To name a few, I'm always a fan of stuff breaking. I loved when the ring or stage seemed to break under the pressure of a chokeslam or something.

Eddie's old pretend to be laid out from a weapon attach that he actually perpetrated was great.

Eric Angle taking the last ride from the Undertaker and then Kurt scoring the pin was great too.

What are other unique and innovative finishes that weren't just finishers after some sort of outside distraction?

the best ending was when macho man randy savage after the match proposed to Miss Elizabeth. Does that count? If not then the hbk razor ramon match when razor got stuck in the ropes.

Bret Hart vs Undertaker ... Summerslam

Shawn Michaels got spit on by Bret, Shawn with steel chair in hand swings at Bret and hits Taker by accident, forcing HBK to make the pin and give Hart the title...without a doubt one of the best endings ever...even to this day

i would say the match between Taz and Bam Bam Bigelow, when Taz jumped on Bam's back and locked on the Tazmission, only to have Bam fall back and sent them both through the ring...then Bigelow emerges, drags Taz out by his arm, pins him and wins the ECW TV Title

A lot of good endings such as: No Way Out-Taker vs. Angle, Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar WM20, WM21 Batista vs Triple H, Shawn Michaels vs Taker Bad Blood-Kane interferes,etc...

WM20 I think it was, between Eddie and Angle, where Eddie untied his boot and Angle had him in the Ankle Lock then Eddie rolled him up for the pin...or the Triple Threat with HHH, HBK and Benoit where Chris had HHH in the crossface, and HHH tried to get out

they arent getting that bad i liked the kennedy and undertaker first blood match at survivor series also the main event was good to with batista. i loved angle michaels wm21 that was awesome also angle undertaker no way out this year

My pick for best ending to a match was at Survivor Series 2000, Stone Cold vs. HHH, when Stone cold come up of nowhere with a giant forklift and scooped up the car containing HHH lifting him high into the air and dropping him in the car, that was the greatest ending ever

I remember when Mick Foley pinned The Rock using a forklift (speaking of forklifts). That was damn hilarious, and another awesome match ending.

Jeremy Dick said:
I remember when Mick Foley pinned The Rock using a forklift (speaking of forklifts). That was damn hilarious, and another awesome match ending.

Rock and Mick Foley had alot of great matches with great endings, two that come to mind are the "I Quit" match when Rock cuffed Foleys hands behind his back, and beat him relentesly with a chair, then he puts the mic in Foleys face and everyone hears Foley scream "I Quit", or so they thought, the other was the Last Man Standing Match, where both ended up hitting each other with a steel chair at the same time, for the double count out.

Spitty said:
they arent getting that bad i liked the kennedy and undertaker first blood match at survivor series also the main event was good to with batista.
Are you serious? You liked that Batista, a face, cheated to win?

I always prefer if someone wins clean, heel or face. How long has it been since there was a good dominant heel that won clean?

Undertaker needs a break Casket Match loss to Yokozuna ending was pretty cool, as it took what, like 9 guys to put the Taker down and stuff him in the casket, then he does the whole will not rest in peace thing and mysteriously rises to the rafters and all that. That was cool.

Other good one was Royal Rumble when Lex Luger (yeah okay he is sh#t) and Bret Hart both landed at exactly the same time, so we all were left wondering who would be number one contender.

Personal favourite Hell in a Cell, Mick Foley and Undertaker, as Taker was wrestling on a bum ankle, and Foley put it all of the line. Fact that MICK GOT OFF a stretcher (while probably part of the angle of the match?) to go back up onto the cage, he got tossed off of, only to get thrown through it (not planned according to all involved) then continue the match, use the distraction from Terry Funk to buy time to continue the match, and almost win despite it all...made Foley to be this almost unstoppable monster, which for the Mankind angle at that time worked perfectly...only thing that could stop him was a chokeslam and tombstone piledriver onto thumbtacks. That is hardcore! FOLEY! FOLEY! FOLEY!

dboy1373 said:
That was a gay ending
how can wwe have him defend the tittle by cheating at wrestlemania of all places

hbk vs. hart wm 12

probably because that was eddies gimmick, "lie cheat and steal". and plus, he kicked more ass than kurt angle ever could. kurt angle is what i like to call an olympic cry baby, and eddie was a real man and a real champion. so kurt won an olympic medal, woo freaking hoo, you can win those in highschool. but i have to agree, this match you talk about was pretty good too. they had one of the best feuds. and to see it one more time would be great.

Insanity_X said:
the montreal screwjob was a classic ending that still gets HBK booed in canada.

hey, i have asked this question in the ask a question thread before and nobody said anything, so im asking you, um, i heard that survivor series is in montreal next year from wikipedia, do you think by chance that there could be another screwjob? say, i would personally like to see vince up for the wwe title ya know like...against shawn michaels or someone, and have a story where they say he got the title once but vince cant do it again, then give him his shot at SS and like, vince could be on raw with bret and say "lets let by gones be by gones and put the past behind us, i want you to be special guest referree" and then that night, vince is so close and the other guy pulls off a submission (mainly sharpshooter) and somehow bret screws vince as like payback. because ya gotta know, some people like forgive after almost 10 years in between, so maybe he could just get in a "ok,lets be friends" situation only to screw him at that show in montreal, if they dont change it on us, because NYR is suppose to be in st. louis and now its in like st. charles or something missouri now.

jawn87 said:
probably because that was eddies gimmick, "lie cheat and steal". and plus, he kicked more ass than kurt angle ever could. kurt angle is what i like to call an olympic cry baby, and eddie was a real man and a real champion. so kurt won an olympic medal, woo freaking hoo, you can win those in highschool. but i have to agree, this match you talk about was pretty good too. they had one of the best feuds. and to see it one more time would be great.

are you fuckin kidding me
he won the tittle because goldberg
he never defended the tittle succesfully without cheating
it was a gay gimmick
screw every him being in the hall of fame
if any dead person deserved to be in the hall of fame it should be owen hart
i may have not liked bret hart but owen would put on a match every night
eddie died because he was a drug addict
i don't care what any one says
he had a bad heart because of the druggy
rey mysterio took advantage of his death to become champion
and that's the damn truth
mysterio didn't defend the title without cheating either
besides the night after when orton was still hurting from the day before

i liked the ending to the hbk vs stonecold match when micheals missed the super kick and stonecold landed the stunner for the win, classic

i know this is of the topic but how do you start a thread or can some one post this thread

Day of reckoning wii?

is their going to be a third installment in this series or will smackdown vs. raw come over?
If this is going to happen when?

Cheating to win is what got him over as a champion. Whether you hate his cheating tactics or not, it was a part of his gimmick and was what got him over enough to become world champion in the first place. You may have hated it, but most other people enjoyed it. And as far as being in the HOF goes, Eddie definitely deserves it. You're a damn fool if you think he doesn't. He was one of the greatest mat wrestlers of all time.

I agree that Owen Hart should be inducted as well, just be patient. He'll be inducted.

stfu eddie was a legend and a talented wrester ur just jealous cuz u no u could nvr b that good my favorite ending was the one were chris benoit won the title and there was confetti and eddie came out

The best ending IMO was when Mankind beat The Rock for his first WWE Championship. The atmosphere around it was amazing and Eric Bischoff added to the awesomeness of it all, he had announced on Nitro ahead of time that Mankind would win. That was the beginning of the end for Nitro and WCW in the Monday Night Wars. But the whole people around the ring w/ the Corporation for Rock and DX for Mankind, just whne you think Rock is gonna win it, Austin comes out and knocks out the Rock. This furthered all the feuds, Rock/Mankind, McMahon/Austin, Austin/Rock, DX/Corporation

Spal_Wall said:
The best ending was when Kane faced Umaga at Unforgiven 06, and they got counted out.

lol dude you cant be serious i really hope you are joking....best ending to a match im not sure there have been so many its really hard to say which one was the greatest...one that stands out for me was bad blood 97 wen kane made his first debut...up to that point undertaker had never had someone step up to him like kane did....it was the first time we saw undertaker recieve a tombstone from anyone else and it was the first time we ever saw confusion and fear in the eyes of the undertaker...it was also an awesoem match that shawn and taker put on..and seeing taker tombstoned by his own brother on the same nite kane debuted was amazing...i think its the best ending to match cuz it would start one of the most amazing feuds in the business creating the inferno match.....

also every elimination chamber match i've seen so far(i've seen 4) had an awesome ending to it like this years NYR 06 with egde taking down cena(wish cena won)...

JJester your post or answer in this case cannot be someone elses post. You need to give your own opinion or response. You need to say what it is and why, if not don't post at all. Being that you don't have that many posts Ill let this go, but be more careful.

There are a few that stick out but too many to name. But ill give you 3, One would be when Yokozuna beat Undertaker in a Casket Match at Royal Rumble and Undertaker showed up on the screen and did an awsome promo that ended with "Soon all mankind will witness the rebirth of the undertaker, I WILL NOT REST IN PEACE!!! I was young when that happened and was talking about it for weeks, lol.

Another would be when Diesel was wrestling Bret I Believe in a cage match and Undertaker came through the ring and pulled Diesel in and smoke was comming out of the hole. Those are just moments you can't remake.

As an Owen fan I always liked when Owen turned on Bret after a loss in the Survivor Series match with the Harts vs Sean Michaels and his knights (it was supposed to be Lawler and his Knights)

Does this include what happens after the match, or is it just how the match ends. If it includes after the match than I would say Kurt vs. Lesnar at WMXIX, when they shook hands. Man that was a moment to remember.
If it is only the ending than I would say many Royal Rumbles, such as Benoit elimintating Big Show when even 6 or 7 men couldn't together. Also it could be HHH vs. Cactus Jack in Hell in a Cell, when HHH was doing extreme things to him and he continued to get up. That was also an awesome complete match. Man, hit in the head with a barbed wire baseball bat that's on fire...

i know some people might be surprised by this one but i have to say No Way Out 2001. Triple H vs Stone Cold in a 3 Stages of Hell kinda deal. 1st fall was a 1-on-1 match. 2nd fall was a street fight. and the 3rd fall was a steel cage match. awesome ass match. 1 of the top 3 matches i've ever watched. they had everything in that match. so at the end austin grabbed a barbed wire 2x4 hhh grabbed his sledgehammer and they turned around and hit each other at the same time. but when they feel down triple h fell on top of stone cold for the
3-count. austin won the 1st fall and hhh won the 2nd fall so triple h won the match. it was like a 40 minute match and I remembered after it was over I was so drained and staisfied that I could care less what happened the rest of the ppv and good thing too cuz after that was steven richards vs the king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back