Does TNA Trust ReAction Too Much?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Last night on iMPACT! the fact there would be no iMPACT! (And presumably no ReAction) was not mentioned in the program until a small bumper appeared at the ending moments of the show. However the case was pretty different in ReAction. Almost all of the narrators line ended with "When iMPACT! returns in 2 weeks" followed by the on screen bumper. I think it was shown a good 15 times in the hour. Yet this wasn't the case on iMPACT! Why? Is TNA that trusting of it's new programming? Was it Eric Bicshoff? Who is a lot more involved in ReAction than on iMPACT! I won't say it was stupid, because they plugged it a considerable amount of times. But it seems like there was a strategy to follow here. Do they treat ReAction with trust? Or do they treat it as the "not-wrestling" program of TNA?

Reactions: gd
To be completely honest, I think keeping these details reserved for shows like ReAction are a subtle way to try and retain viewership. Much like feuds that occur on Xplosion that get highlighted slightly on iMPACT, the idea with stuff like this is to hope people watch ReAction, it's too early to call it as effective or ineffective, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bumper at the end caught people's eyes and convinced them to tune in to ReAction to see if they mentioned it in greater detail.

Reactions: gd
I thought it being mentioned on impact during the main event segment was prominent enough. You like to hope that is when most are watching anyway. Mentioning it all night on a pre-taped product probably requires more editing than they would like anyway and sort of cheapens the show. Mentioning it a lot on ReAction is a better fit, especially since the premise is something like an online ReAction for the PPV fallout. So I think it was more of a business logistics and target audience thing than TNA trusting ReAction over iMPACT.

To be completely honest, I think keeping these details reserved for shows like ReAction are a subtle way to try and retain viewership. Much like feuds that occur on Xplosion that get highlighted slightly on iMPACT, the idea with stuff like this is to hope people watch ReAction, it's too early to call it as effective or ineffective, but I wouldn't be surprised if the bumper at the end caught people's eyes and convinced them to tune in to ReAction to see if they mentioned it in greater detail.

I kinda see where you're going with this, but the logic behind it is horrendous. "Let's make another TV show." "Well, we have the international show. We could always being that to America." "No, let's make a show with the sole intent of trying to explain the plot holes on Impact!"

This is the reason that Advent Children was such a shit movie. That's exactly what it tried to do. But, it did nothing to enhance the, in my not even approaching humble opinion, plot hole ridden storyline of Final Fantasy 7.

ReAction has that exact same problem. I just watched my first episode of that show a couple minutes ago. I watched last week's, since that's the most recent that's on spike.com. Twice in the show, Hogan said that he overruled Dixie Carter because the TNA champion had to be able to stand on his own.

"But, Caitiff, what's wrong with that?" What the fuck does Ric Flair have to do with the world title tournament? That's not a rhetorical question. Someone, please, tell me what the fuck he's talking about.

Then, there was Guido, talking about how Beer Money "jumped them" after their match. Which is stupid, since they had a strtaight up match, and Beer Money won in a squash. After the match, Guido jumped on Beer Money, as they were leaving. Now, he's bitching because he lost a fight that he started? Keep in mind, folks, these are supposed to be the babyfaces. Guys who come into someone else's home, start fights, fuck up the furnature, and get mad when someone tells them to leave. Of course, that's not as stupid as why a group called "Fourtune" has six members. They really should have just called the group "Fortune," and left out the references to the number 4.

The point is that TNA is just a shitload of bad storytelling with no real direction. And, ReAction is just another hour a week of that shit. Frankly, I only watch TNA because I'm a wrestling diehard who wants to absorb as much of it as possible.

I kinda see where you're going with this, but the logic behind it is horrendous. "Let's make another TV show." "Well, we have the international show. We could always being that to America." "No, let's make a show with the sole intent of trying to explain the plot holes on Impact!"

What? Did you even read my post? How is TNA's logic flawed? "hey, new show, but how do we make them watch?" "Why don't we give teasers to important info on the flagships who and have it expanded on by the complementary show?" "good idea". It makes perfect sense, ReAction is all about backstage happenings, so it makes sense to tease people into watching it.

This is the reason that Advent Children was such a shit movie. That's exactly what it tried to do. But, it did nothing to enhance the, in my not even approaching humble opinion, plot hole ridden storyline of Final Fantasy 7.
What? ReAction the behind the scenes show, how the fuck did you link that too Final Fantasy? And for the record, you're so wrong about FF7.

ReAction has that exact same problem. I just watched my first episode of that show a couple minutes ago. I watched last week's, since that's the most recent that's on spike.com. Twice in the show, Hogan said that he overruled Dixie Carter because the TNA champion had to be able to stand on his own.
What the hell are you talking about? Hogan said he overruled Dixie, and?

"But, Caitiff, what's wrong with that?" What the fuck does Ric Flair have to do with the world title tournament? That's not a rhetorical question. Someone, please, tell me what the fuck he's talking about.
Please tell me what the fuck you're talking about. You're all over the place first you mentioned Hogan then Flair and something about World Titles, think your sentences through before you post them.

Then, there was Guido, talking about how Beer Money "jumped them" after their match. Which is stupid, since they had a strtaight up match, and Beer Money won in a squash. After the match, Guido jumped on Beer Money, as they were leaving. Now, he's bitching because he lost a fight that he started? Keep in mind, folks, these are supposed to be the babyfaces. Guys who come into someone else's home, start fights, fuck up the furnature, and get mad when someone tells them to leave. Of course, that's not as stupid as why a group called "Fourtune" has six members. They really should have just called the group "Fortune," and left out the references to the number 4.

What exactly does this have to do with the thread? Did you reak Riaku's post? Do you even know what the topic is?

The point is that TNA is just a shitload of bad storytelling with no real direction. And, ReAction is just another hour a week of that shit. Frankly, I only watch TNA because I'm a wrestling diehard who wants to absorb as much of it as possible.

Same as the question above, what the hell does this have to do with the OP? If you want to bitch about TNA go to the complaints section. Don't come into a thread with a very specific question and just spout out all the things you hate about TNA. It's completely irrelevant.

I think ReAction is a very good idea, but I think it needs a replay mid-week for the people who don't stay up late enough to watch it...

It tries to tie up a lot of loose ends and explains a lot of things that they don't have time to get to on Impact...

What? Did you even read my post? How is TNA's logic flawed? "hey, new show, but how do we make them watch?" "Why don't we give teasers to important info on the flagships who and have it expanded on by the complementary show?" "good idea". It makes perfect sense, ReAction is all about backstage happenings, so it makes sense to tease people into watching it.

What "Complimentary info?" If the point of the show is "this is the show to watch to make sense of what happened on Impact," as it seems to be designed to be, then there's a huge flaw in that logic.

These "backstage happenings" that you're referring to, are intended to explain why things happen. Case in point, Why the fuck did Tara join up with the chick that supposedly ended her career? Like I said in my first post, this show is supposed to explain the plot holes left over from Impact. But, since that;s the case, why not just stop putting fucking plot holes in Impact, and put more actual wrestling on the extra show?

Or, even better, why not just combine the two, and have it as a single 3 hour Impact each week, since Impact and ReAction have consecutive spots on the schedule. This way, you're not losing a single moment of either show, and you only have to set the DVR for a single show.

What? ReAction the behind the scenes show, how the fuck did you link that too Final Fantasy? And for the record, you're so wrong about FF7.

At least I admitted that my opinion on Final Fantasy 7 was exactly that. You're treating your opinion as the one and only fact on the subject, which stinks of ego. If you tilt your head down, and stop staring down your nose at people, you'll have a better view of what's actually going on.

But, that aside, I'll just repeat what I asked about plot holes. I notice that nobody's answered that one yet.

What the hell are you talking about? Hogan said he overruled Dixie, and?

Since you missed the point, entirely, let me try this again. Don't worry. I'll go slowly this time.

Hulk Hogan overruled Dixie about suspending Ric Flair.

Still with me? Good.

However, the reason he gave, on ReAction, for doing that was a rant about how the TNA Champion (Which is outside the Fourtune storyline) has to stand on his own.

Did you get that? Or, do I need to use smaller words?

And, as I asked before, what does Ric Flair have to do with that tournament?

By the way, this one's not a rhetorical question. (For people like Redd, that means I want someone to answer it.)

Please tell me what the fuck you're talking about. You're all over the place first you mentioned Hogan then Flair and something about World Titles, think your sentences through before you post them.

Actually, I gave a pretty good synapsis of waht Hulk Hogan said about the reason he revoked the suspension of Ric Flair. If what I said doesn't make sense to you, it's because what Hulk Hogan said doesn't make sense. Thanks for playing.

What exactly does this have to do with the thread? Did you reak Riaku's post? Do you even know what the topic is?

The point seemed to be that both TNA and Spike trust ReAction enough to not worry about it. And, frankly, the show's worse than Impact, so I tried to bring up points to question why anyone in their right mind would actually trust this trite.

Same as the question above, what the hell does this have to do with the OP? If you want to bitch about TNA go to the complaints section. Don't come into a thread with a very specific question and just spout out all the things you hate about TNA. It's completely irrelevant.

My point was that ReAction is such a bad show, even worse than Impact, that there should be no reason, whatsoever that it should be left on the air, at all. Frankly, if there's any justice in the world, ReAction won't be on the Spike schedule at all, after this one week hiatus. And, frankly, I want the hour of my life that I lost watching this shit back.

I think that they trust it too much, based off of it's timeslot. If they re-aired it during the day or on a weekend, it would be much more dependable. I have yet to watch ReAction once, because I have to be at work by 6am everyday. Therefore I can't stay up to watch ReAction. This is probably the case with many other people. As I stated, if they replay it or air it on a weekend, they could trust it more.

I loved ReAction. But it kinda becomes a bit of an eye sore to watch it after watching iMPACT! But my gripe with the "No iMPACT! next week" thing bugged me a little. You want to keep your fan base up to date on that sort of deal. Saying it on a different show, while good, it's not as effective because the show in question is iMPACT! not ReAction. The people needed to be informed are the one's that tune in to see iMPACT!. While a great deal of people stay tuned to watch ReAction, its still not everybody.

I don't see any problem with TNA "trusting" REaction. REaction is a TNA brand so I'm assuming that TNA is assuming that most of their fanbase will get the message from the show. Besides they mentioned it briefly on Impact about the pre-emption of Next week's Impact.

Caitiff said:
Since you missed the point, entirely, let me try this again. Don't worry. I'll go slowly this time.

Hulk Hogan overruled Dixie about suspending Ric Flair.

Still with me? Good.

However, the reason he gave, on ReAction, for doing that was a rant about how the TNA Champion (Which is outside the Fourtune storyline) has to stand on his own.

Did you get that? Or, do I need to use smaller words?

And, as I asked before, what does Ric Flair have to do with that tournament?

You're real confused young man. And this is what happens when you don't pay FULL ATTENTION! Hogan overruled 2 decisions by Dixie through the night. One happened on camera and one was off camera. One of his overrulings involved Dixie suspending Ric Flair and Reaction didn't have to really explain that because there was no plothole there. When Hogan overruled Dixie's decision on suspending Flair on Impact, Hogan gave his explanation on the spot and said that was an easy way out for to punish Flair and not to get back at Flair that way. Hogan also said he wants Flair around so he can witness payback happen to him and Fortune because if you remember last week on Impact Fortune attacked Sting, Nash, Jarrett & Hogan. That is a totally different scenario than him overruling another Dixie Carter decision that we(the viewers) can assume was a decision Dixie made to not have the final 4 contenders have contact with each other 3 days before their PPV semi-finals match. But again, if you didn't pay attention, Hogan & Bischoff were talking about how their decision to have the 4 guys team up was up controversial and Hogan's explanation was that to be the TNA champion, you have to go through obstacles and be at the top of your game so he overruled Dixie's decision and put those 4 guys in a tag team match against each other right before the PPV. It's not rocket science!

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2392490]I loved ReAction. But it kinda becomes a bit of an eye sore to watch it after watching iMPACT! But my gripe with the "No iMPACT! next week" thing bugged me a little. You want to keep your fan base up to date on that sort of deal. Saying it on a different show, while good, it's not as effective because the show in question is iMPACT! not ReAction. The people needed to be informed are the one's that tune in to see iMPACT!. While a great deal of people stay tuned to watch ReAction, its still not everybody.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Riaku here because although ReAction is a good show, most people usually tune out of Impact once its over. 3 hours of any wrestling show is a little bit of overkill. TNA also puts a lot of focus on their story lines on ReAction. Its good to see interviews that tie all the story lines and feuds together, but most people don't care enough to watch ReAction just so they can find out everything that went on Impact. TNA should of made an announcement on Impact considering that it won't air next week.

Not everyone knows about TNA not airing next week. I bet a good deal of people still don't know about Impact not airing next week. ReAction is a good show, but TNA shouldn't rely too much on ReAction to spread information about TNA.

You're real confused young man. And this is what happens when you don't pay FULL ATTENTION! Hogan overruled 2 decisions by Dixie through the night. One happened on camera and one was off camera. One of his overrulings involved Dixie suspending Ric Flair and Reaction didn't have to really explain that because there was no plothole there. When Hogan overruled Dixie's decision on suspending Flair on Impact, Hogan gave his explanation on the spot and said that was an easy way out for to punish Flair and not to get back at Flair that way. Hogan also said he wants Flair around so he can witness payback happen to him and Fortune because if you remember last week on Impact Fortune attacked Sting, Nash, Jarrett & Hogan. That is a totally different scenario than him overruling another Dixie Carter decision that we(the viewers) can assume was a decision Dixie made to not have the final 4 contenders have contact with each other 3 days before their PPV semi-finals match. But again, if you didn't pay attention, Hogan & Bischoff were talking about how their decision to have the 4 guys team up was up controversial and Hogan's explanation was that to be the TNA champion, you have to go through obstacles and be at the top of your game so he overruled Dixie's decision and put those 4 guys in a tag team match against each other right before the PPV. It's not rocket science!

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Exactly where the fuck does he say this? That's right. He doesn't. At any point. And, you admitted that, when you assumed that a "second overruling" happened "off-camera." Which is especially troubling, since there was no comment from Dixie, to the best of my knowledge, that she was not going to allow matches among the tournament semi-fialists. The only aspect of the show in which Dixie has any direct word directly involves Ric Flair. That is, unless something happened on ReAction that I'm not aware of, the only storyline she's involved with.

By the way, if something happened on ReAction that changes the major storylines around, that's another problem with the TNA product, as a whole. Professional wrestling storylines happen during professional wrestling shows. WWE never tried to force a storyline through while Gene Oakerland was commentating Confidential. That's what Raw and Smackdown were for. And, that's what Impact is for.

But, let's get back to what you're assuming. You're assuming that Hulk Hogan is spending time on a television show to justify a decision that was made behind closed doors (To which the audience is never made privy) to overrule a decision made by Dixie Carter, also made behind closed doors. (Again, to which the audience is never made privy.) Exactly how in the hell did you come to that conclusion? That's not rhetorical. I really want an answer to that one. Because, frankly, unless you have a very good reason for that conclusion, it sounds as though you are intentionally jumping through hoops to try to justify what is, on the surface, a blatant and glaring plot hole.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

Exactly where the fuck does he say this? That's right. He doesn't. At any point. And, you admitted that, when you assumed that a "second overruling" happened "off-camera." Which is especially troubling, since there was no comment from Dixie, to the best of my knowledge, that she was not going to allow matches among the tournament semi-fialists. The only aspect of the show in which Dixie has any direct word directly involves Ric Flair. That is, unless something happened on ReAction that I'm not aware of, the only storyline she's involved with.

By the way, if something happened on ReAction that changes the major storylines around, that's another problem with the TNA product, as a whole. Professional wrestling storylines happen during professional wrestling shows. WWE never tried to force a storyline through while Gene Oakerland was commentating Confidential. That's what Raw and Smackdown were for. And, that's what Impact is for.

But, let's get back to what you're assuming. You're assuming that Hulk Hogan is spending time on a television show to justify a decision that was made behind closed doors (To which the audience is never made privy) to overrule a decision made by Dixie Carter, also made behind closed doors. (Again, to which the audience is never made privy.) Exactly how in the hell did you come to that conclusion? That's not rhetorical. I really want an answer to that one. Because, frankly, unless you have a very good reason for that conclusion, it sounds as though you are intentionally jumping through hoops to try to justify what is, on the surface, a blatant and glaring plot hole.

What hoops am I jumping through? I have a brain with common sense in it. What is this rocket science to you? You're doing so much unnecessary math on a wrestling program when not needed? If you ever taken any form of comprehension classes in grade school, it's not hard to figure what's going on.

Listen to your question. When matches are made on Impact weekly, are we the viewing audience there for the decision-making involving the match lineup of the week? Answer that. Hogan clearly stated that he's Dixie's partner and that he and Dixie are both running the company. From that and from other previous decisions such as the top 10, we ought to know that Hogan/Bischoff/Dixie are some form of booking committee in kayfabe or at least have some power in which matches happen on the show. And on top of that, we learned that last week, Hogan has power to overrule his partner Dixie on what he sees fit.

Now onto Impact from last week. If you paid attention, you would've noticed that during the Fortune vs. Angle/Pope/Anderson/Hardy match, the viewing audience was told by Tenay that a tag match between the 4 top contenders would take place. All Hogan did on Reaction was explain how he arrived to that decision because it's considered a bit controversial in prowrestling to have all your talents in high profile matches wrestle and or have contact with each other a few days before a PPV and risk injury. It's not rocket science. The flair situation had nothing to do with this and no storylines were changed on the show. All the mixing of formulas, extra multiplication, and division you're doing to the equation is not necessary. Quit finding ways to stump yourself. It's simple math sonny.

Well, a tag team match with the four people in a storyline together is completely commonplace, and has no controversy to it, of any kind. There is almost always a physical confrontation of some kind between the people going into high profile pay per view matches, especially if it's the last show prior o the pay per view. In fact, this is so commonplace that it's a breath of fresh air when there's NOT that kind of fighting before the actual match takes place. So, nothing about the Anderson/Pope/Hardy/Angle storyline is unique, in any way.

But, aside from that, I notice that you did a lot of tap dancing, and completely avoided answering my question. So, let me try this again. Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that Dixie Carter made a decision, of any kind, about the title tournament storyline that Hulk Hogan later overruled?

But, as far as the match making process is concerned, it doesn't matter whether the audience is there or not. However, when someone states, on camera, that he is "overruling" someone else's authority in a storyline, the question must be answered as to exactly what ruling is being overruled. And, since the only time Hogan has openly overruled Dixie was concerning Flair's suspension, there is no reason to believe that Hogan is refering to anything else when he talks about overruling Dixie.

Granted, the very idea of Hogan overruling Dixie brings to mind its own set of questions, such as "how does Hogan have the authority to overrule his employer about anyhing?" I know. I know. "Hogan and Dixie agreed to share the authority 50/50." But, that raises another question. "Since when does 50% have more authority than 50%?" All this time, I was deliberately trying to avoid this particular plot hole, and just accept that this is just one of those wrestling authority things. (Similar in scope to how Vickie Guerrero somehow has the ability to overrule Teddy Long, even though she's his subordinate.)

I really was just trying to point out a single really stupid set of comments by Hulk Hogan, in which he said that he "overruled Dixie" (keeping in mind that only one instance of overruling has been addressed on TNA television) because the TNA champion must be able to be an island unto himself. The simple fact is that Hulk Hogan's stated reason for "overruling Dixie's decision," (again, there has only been one instance of this) had absolutely nothing to do with the actual decision that got overruled.

And, since you brought up math, let's do some.

1 (The number of times Hogan has overruled Dixie on Impact, of course being about Ric Flair's suspension) + 2 (The number of times Hogan, on ReAction, stated that the overruled Dixie because the TNA Champion has to be ready for anything, and be an island unto himself) = 1 person wondering exactly what the fuck one has to do with the other. (Me.)

You talk about simple math. I'm talking about simple common fucking sense. And, nothing about this storyline has any of it.

Well, a tag team match with the four people in a storyline together is completely commonplace, and has no controversy to it, of any kind. There is almost always a physical confrontation of some kind between the people going into high profile pay per view matches, especially if it's the last show prior o the pay per view. In fact, this is so commonplace that it's a breath of fresh air when there's NOT that kind of fighting before the actual match takes place. So, nothing about the Anderson/Pope/Hardy/Angle storyline is unique, in any way.

In prowrestling, despite how often we may see opponents interact with each other in a match before a PPV match, most of the time, you will find the commentator or maybe even 1 or all of the wrestlers talk or complain about how they have to have a match a few days prior before a PPV.

No one said it was unique but all they did was give an explanation on Reaction as to why and how the match was booked and how it is controversial. At the same time, it also served as buildup for the tag match with those 4 which happened this week on Impact and at the same time built up the PPV matches between those 4. Reaction is also a vehicle used for buildup and not just plotholes.

Caitiff said:
But, aside from that, I notice that you did a lot of tap dancing, and completely avoided answering my question. So, let me try this again. Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that Dixie Carter made a decision, of any kind, about the title tournament storyline that Hulk Hogan later overruled?

I paid attention that's how I know the answer.

Caitiff said:
But, as far as the match making process is concerned, it doesn't matter whether the audience is there or not. However, when someone states, on camera, that he is "overruling" someone else's authority in a storyline, the question must be answered as to exactly what ruling is being overruled. And, since the only time Hogan has openly overruled Dixie was concerning Flair's suspension, there is no reason to believe that Hogan is refering to anything else when he talks about overruling Dixie.

You have a hard time paying attention because there was about 2 or more sources on the show where you can get your answer to this. Eric Bischoff himself when talking about the top 4 guys (and absolutely not talking about anything to do with Flair) said something along the lines of "Dixie Carter is not happy about the decision and lots of people aren't happy about the decision but it was Hogan's decision and I support it" Later on in that same night, I believe Hogan said something along the lines of, "RVD got wiped out. It might as well have been a tsunami. TNA needs a champion and we have to find out. We have to put them through obstacles. Me and Dixie run this company together but this is about wrestling, this is my decision. This is what I know. I'm putting them through a test so I OVERRODE HER DECISION this time." From these 2 sources we can gather that Dixie was not in support of having the tag match take place and made a booking decision of not having such a match happen but Hogan who the viewers know as an authority figure in TNA and who the viewers learned that same night has power to override decisions, (from the Flair situation) overrode another decision from her partner.

Granted, the very idea of Hogan overruling Dixie brings to mind its own set of questions, such as "how does Hogan have the authority to overrule his employer about anyhing?" I know. I know. "Hogan and Dixie agreed to share the authority 50/50." But, that raises another question. "Since when does 50% have more authority than 50%?" All this time, I was deliberately trying to avoid this particular plot hole, and just accept that this is just one of those wrestling authority things. (Similar in scope to how Vickie Guerrero somehow has the ability to overrule Teddy Long, even though she's his subordinate.)

It's not a plothole. There's no power struggle between Hogan and Dixie so far. Dixie Carter brought in Hogan to help take the company to the next level so I can imagine it not being such a difficult task for Hogan to have strong influence and have her convinced on what is the best decisions to make, especially involving matches.

Caitiff said:
I really was just trying to point out a single really stupid set of comments by Hulk Hogan, in which he said that he "overruled Dixie" (keeping in mind that only one instance of overruling has been addressed on TNA television) because the TNA champion must be able to be an island unto himself. The simple fact is that Hulk Hogan's stated reason for "overruling Dixie's decision," (again, there has only been one instance of this) had absolutely nothing to do with the actual decision that got overruled.

Listen, Hogan's decision where he overruled Dixie at the beginning of Impact is a completely total situation involving the top 4 contenders. You're getting 2 things totally mixed up that have nothing to do with each other. You make things hard on yourself because you want to spin yourself in circles.

Caitiff said:
And, since you brought up math, let's do some.

1 (The number of times Hogan has overruled Dixie on Impact, of course being about Ric Flair's suspension) + 2 (The number of times Hogan, on ReAction, stated that the overruled Dixie because the TNA Champion has to be ready for anything, and be an island unto himself) = 1 person wondering exactly what the fuck one has to do with the other. (Me.)

Like I said, they have nothing to do with each other. What are you confused that the man used the same word (OVERULED/OVERRIDE) for 2 different situations?

Caitiff said:
You talk about simple math. I'm talking about simple common fucking sense. And, nothing about this storyline has any of it.

Everything makes sense. No offense but I just don't think you're very fast.

There is one problem with your logic. Dixie Carter never actually made any comment on that tag team match. So, you're basing your assumption on an assumption made by Eric Bischoff. So, he hasn't overruled her on that subject, because there was no decision to overrule.

So, there is still only one actual, documented instance of Dixie Carter being overtly overruled by Hulk Hogan. And, the reason he gave for that had to do with the TNA title tournament, instead of what he actually overruled.

Completely agree, 100%. Whenever people ask a question about something that doesn't make sense, someone will come in with "they explained this on Reaction, dipshit. Yadda, yadda, yadda." Personally, I can't be bothered to intently watch Reaction at 11 at night after watching 2 hours of TNA already. Perhaps I'll check in a few times, but I'm not intently watching 3 straight hours of TNA programming every week.

Sure, you can add in some minor things on Reaction, but anything big that needs to be explained should be highlighted on Impact, like the fact there will be no Impact next week. If they really want more people to watch Reaction, they should either move it to another day or move it before Impact, where I think it'd definetly fit better.

Caitiff said:
There is one problem with your logic. Dixie Carter never actually made any comment on that tag team match.

Right. She has never made any documented comment on that tag match but because of what Bischoff & Hogan said we know that behind the scenes that she didn't want that and wasn't in favor of that match.

Caitiff said:
So, you're basing your assumption on an assumption made by Eric Bischoff.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm giving you the actual answer because you are not paying attention and are missing details.

Assumption made by Bischoff? I never said Bischoff made any assumptions either. What are you talking about?:shrug:

Caitiff said:
So, he hasn't overruled her on that subject, because there was no decision to overrule.

What?

Caitiff said:
So, there is still only one actual, documented instance of Dixie Carter being overtly overruled by Hulk Hogan.

Yes.

Caitiff said:
And, the reason he gave for that had to do with the TNA title tournament, instead of what he actually overruled.

Uhh No!

You're right. You didn't say that Bischoff made an assumption. I said that, because I rewatched it. And, Bischoff was talking about how be thought that Dixie might have a problem with the tag team match. And, you based your comments on Eric Bischoff's assumption.

However, we don't know that Dixie ever had a problem with it. The only thing we know is that Eric Bischoff thinks that she might have had a problem with it, yet he never explains why he believes that. However, that doesn't constitute actually overruling anything, since there is nothing from the actual boss to overrule. And, you still haven't answered the question about how in the hell 50% authority overules 50% authority.

Im fine with relevant stuff occurring on Reaction, like storyline advancement and explanations on why something happened that way on iMPACT. But, they basically hype it up as a recap of that night's iMPACT, and a preview of next week's.

If they are going to use Reaction in that way, that's fine. But they need to let the people watching iMPACT know that Reaction is a must-watch show for TNA fans, because then everyone just turns their TV off after iMPACT and then next week they are confused about angles/storylines because they didn't watch Reaction.

Caitiff said:
You're right. You didn't say that Bischoff made an assumption. I said that, because I rewatched it. And, Bischoff was talking about how be thought that Dixie might have a problem with the tag team match. And, you based your comments on Eric Bischoff's assumption.

Not only did I base my comments on Bischoff's assumption but I based it on what Hogan said. Like I said in 1 of my posts above, I got it from 2 sources. One being Bischoff and the other being Hogan which is enough to support the claim.

[YOUTUBE]L6g8AW2UDI8[/YOUTUBE]

Listen to Hogan from 7:35-8:10

[YOUTUBE]c-1YaFz6Q4s[/YOUTUBE]

Listen to Hogan from 0:56-1:41

Caitiff said:
However, we don't know that Dixie ever had a problem with it. The only thing we know is that Eric Bischoff thinks that she might have had a problem with it, yet he never explains why he believes that.

We know she wasn't happy or very supportive of it. And we can gather that from the 2 sources above which is Hogan in the 2 videos from the points I told you to watch & based on what EB said which you have already rewatched.

Caitiff said:
However, that doesn't constitute actually overruling anything, since there is nothing from the actual boss to overrule.

Yes there was and that overruling had to do with Hogan overruling her to let the tag match take place between the top 4 contenders.

Caitiff said:
And, you still haven't answered the question about how in the hell 50% authority overules 50% authority.

I already answered you once:

LetEmKnow said:
It's not a plothole. There's no power struggle between Hogan and Dixie so far. Dixie Carter brought in Hogan to help take the company to the next level so I can imagine it not being such a difficult task for Hogan to have strong influence and have her convinced on what is the best decisions to make, especially involving matches.

I like in the UK so i dont get the chance to watch it on TV, I have to download it. Anyway Ive caught up with everything and I have to say it is fantastic. Really compelling and as cutting edge as anything the business has done for a while. Kudos to Bischoff/Hervey... all these backstage segments in unusual places are just awesome. I remember watching WCW and it was a big deal when the NWO invaded the production truck because it had never been done before... TNA are doing these cool new things and I love it! Sorry if theres a thread for this but I havent heard peoples opinions on the show.

ReAction needs to be moved to either before Impact or on another day. If so, then I'll actually watch it. Morning shifts are killer enough even with that extra hour of sleep, and by that time I don't have the patience to listen to storyline drama. With that done, then they can depend on it more. :shrug:

Not only did I base my comments on Bischoff's assumption but I based it on what Hogan said. Like I said in 1 of my posts above, I got it from 2 sources. One being Bischoff and the other being Hogan which is enough to support the claim.

We know she wasn't happy or very supportive of it. And we can gather that from the 2 sources above which is Hogan in the 2 videos from the points I told you to watch & based on what EB said which you have already rewatched.

Basic storytelling 101. Show, don't tell. For us to know that something has happened, there needs to be concrete evidence of it happening. someone saying, "If she doesn't like it, tough" doesn't qualify. And, that is, more or les, the point of what Hogan and Bischoff had to say. If Dixie had said something along the lines of "I don't like this. I don't think it's a good idea. But, Hulk knows what he's doing, and I trust his insight," this would be a moot point. But, it didn't happen that way, so it really is ambiguous. Especiually since Hogan really could have been talking about how Dixie didn't like Hogan's decision to lift Flair's suspension. (Again, the only thing on the show that we're SHOWN where Hogan overrules Dixie. Remember? "Show, don't tell.")

Are you watching the same show as everyone else? When Hogan lifted Flair's suspension, he didn't say anything about how he believed that it would be a good thing for TNA if Dixie reversed her decision. He, for all intents and purposes, said "Go play, little girl. Men are talking." And, he said this to his employer. He didn't convince her of a freaking thing. He told her how things were, and usurped power from his boss. Which actually leads to another plothole. Why the fuck hasn't she fired Hogan for trying to take her authority away from her?

You see, the question you're avoiding has nothing to do with the instances where Hogan convinces her to set a decision "in the interest of TNA." The plothole lies where Hogan straight up tells the audience that the company president's authority is less than his own, and she just takes it. So, let's try this again. How does 50% authority overrule 50% authority? Or, is TNA actually booking Dixie Carter's character to be the idiotic money mark that she is in real life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back