Best ending to a match

I noticed a lot of these have Shawn Micheals involed and well.....here he is again cause my favorite ending has to be the RAW match between Shawn Micheals and Shelton Benjamin when Shelton spring boards from the ropes into some Sweet Chin Music...this is one moment I will always remember cause that was the first time I had seen it delivered that way

I missed that one although it is on the intro to RAW. Anyways, I have always liked finishes where the winner earned the victory. Worked hard for the victory i.e. HBK@WM12, Benoit@WM20, Undertaker@WM13, Eddie@No Way Out, etc.

The elimination Chamber when Cena retained out of nowhere. The crowd was so hot for that finnish, as half the crowd were ecstatic and the other gutted. Nobody see cena winning that match halfway through and his tital reighn had hit the peak of tedium. But when Edge came down and cashed in his MITB, and won the title it was magnificent. A real swerve, and caught everyone off guard. Genius writing (by Dusty Rhodes i beleive) and easily the best finnish in recent memory.

Undertaker vs Bret Hart 97 Summerslam with HBK special ref...Bret tried to cheat by using a steel chair on Taker while Shawn was outside tending to an accidental blow he received in the match...he comes back in the ring, sees the chair in the ring, grabs Bret and starts accusing him of using it...Bret looking disgusted said NO...Shawn asked again and Bret visibly said F*** YOU and proceeded to spit in HBK's face...Shawn PISSED off turns away for a brief second, and swings the chair with such force that he was ready to decapitate someone, misses Bret cuz he ducked out of the way and he accidently hit Taker...one of the most vile chair shots I ever seen...and with the stipulation being that if Shawn didnt call a fair match he would have wrestled his last match on American soil...so he had no choice but to make the 3 count giving Bret the then WWF title...Jim Ross just added to this ending with his always brilliant commentary..."GOOD GOD...GOOOD GOD..." and Vince McMahon announcing at the time "I DONT BELIEVE THIS"...easily the best ending in any wrestling match ever...I still get chills watching that shit to this very day...

whoa way to many to put in here but some were..undertaker vs yoko with everyone trying to fuck up taker but him still nearly beating everyone off...taker vs bret hard 97 summerslam...one that sticks out the most was at wrestlemania when UNDERTAKER VS KANE happened...3 tombstones to kane and even after that he tried kicking out..that moment for me i dunno it was just you know at the time and my age i was like this motherfuckerrr..3 tombstones from the deadman and he stills try kicking out..though scripted..amazing...

wrestlemania 19 y2j vs hbk, wrestlemania 19 brock lesnar vs kurt angle, bad blood 2003 hhh vs kevin nash(greatest match ever), unforgiven 2003 goldberg vs hhh, royal rumble 2004

I noticed a lot of these have Shawn Micheals involed and well.....here he is again cause my favorite ending has to be the RAW match between Shawn Micheals and Shelton Benjamin when Shelton spring boards from the ropes into some Sweet Chin Music...this is one moment I will always remember cause that was the first time I had seen it delivered that way

it was a great match, very technical and very faced paced, it could of went either way, when shelton did that spring board off the rope and bamb shawn hit the sweet chin music i rewound that match about 100 times it was awesome

My favorite in recent memory was the triple threat main event from WM20. I know it has been mentioned, but I couldn't find a recent substitution that drew that kind of reaction from me. I mean, there were several moments where I said aloud, "It's Over!" only to have the breath sucked outta' me in what was a series of brilliantly executed spots. The HHH/HBK almost tap-outs, Benoit being driven through the table, HBK delivering the super-kick on a Benoit engaged in the sharpshooter with HHH. The ending of the match had a snowball effect that was pulled off with nothing but pure genius and to say the least all three men that worked as a cohesive unit. And to see HHH put Benoit over clean was....unexpected to say the least.

Unforgiven 2006. Edges hometown if i recall correctly. Cena FU's edge off the ladder and through two stacked tables. I don't know it was just really exciting for me since i was watching it with my friends. Nonetheless what a great ending to a great match and a great feud.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cZiiJ_aIAwY

im a big hbk fan and back in the day i hated hhh, and one time i was waching raw, the main event was hbk vs hhh for the heaviweight title, and then all of a sudden hbk hit a sweet chin music and fell on hhh and got the pin fall, then eric bishoff came out and said during the pinfall hbks shoulders were on the ground to so it was counted as a draw, it made me mad but i liked it

wheres the love for ECW. When Tommy Dreamer finaly beat raven after three years of trying. My fav wwe finish would have to be at wrestelmania 22 when edge speard foley throught the flaming table.

well the old ones are too hard for me to decide, there are so many awsome ones! mankind and rock feud always had some great endings, and the HIAC HHH vs mankind when the ring broke, even triple HHH thought mankind died lol, the 3 stages of hell stone cold vs HHH, damn that is one of the best matches ive ever seen and the ending was awsome, no doubt WM 20, triple threat also had a great ending, the last match between raven and dreamer in ECW after a three year feud was awsome too, stone cold vs bret hart submission match at WM 13 i think was also incredible... but lets go to some recent matches i thought had great endings

RAW that 1 hour match between cena and HBK, i honestly didnt know who was gonna win since WWE kept letting cena beat every1, but man after HBK flipped out of the FU and hit that sweet chin music and just fell on him.. it was awsome, perfect counter

WM 22, triple threat for the WHC, i loved when rey won that match, and the way he pinned orton with that hurracurana was freakin perfect

WM 22 hardcore match between mick foley and edge,.. come on.. who didnt love that spear into the flaming table???

TLC match between edge and cena... sure it was way too predictable but it was still awsome

though one of the worse endings to a great match was rock vs stone cold WM 17, the match is a classic, 5 star no doubt, but the way it ended was so... i dont know.. poorly done.. i expected a more emotional ending, but o well..

I dont know if any one said this yet but hbk vs shelton benjamin on raw a few years ago in the gold rush derby tournament when shelton did a springboard off the ropes and hbk gave him sweet chin music in mid air for the win.

HBK vs Shelton's springboard superkick was a great one =)

I like Orton's RKO on the announcement table just on Sunday, HHH was just about to pick him up for the Pedigree...and WHAM!

I say the best ending was the Stone Cold vs Bret Hart w/ Ken Shamrock as special ref. Not to get overly dramatic, but it was absolutely perfect from a story line point of view. And ya know, I wouldn't care if Vince McMahon, Vince Russo, Dusty Rhodes, Santino Marella, Missy Hyatt or Johnny B Badd wrote it...the way that Stone Cold came in as the heel and Bret the face, and they worked the crowd so skillfully to where we saw the double face turn, was one of those that comes once in a career. The camera work was excellent, where they caught the stream of blood coming from Steve's face, down to his mouth, how he didn't quit until he passed out, then when bret was ape$hit and finally, the crowd clapped for stone cold as he left. If you have watched wrestling over the past 15 years or so, how often does the whole crowd start clapping...not yelling and screaming, but just clapping to show respect for a good performance? Hardly ever, it's more of a japanese thing.
I just thought it was amazing to have a double turn, in a main event caliber match...and after that, we all know where they both went.

carlito vs orton at last years unforgiven where carlito did a springboard right into ortons rko for the 3 count. not as good as hbk vs shelton but still pretty good.

Goldberg's win over Hollywood Hogan on Monday Nitro to win the WCW championship - he was the hottest commodity in wrestling and Hogan rarely ever lost cleanly to anyone, especially in a title match - The match itself was short but the energy from the crowd was electric - more than that seeing Goldberg spear and jackhammer Hogan was almost unreal, to this day Hogan has never put anyone over in a match like that - a truly classic ending

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back