iMPACT Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Like_All_Wrestling

Championship Contender
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread already about this, and I think it deserves it's own thread rather than an iMPACT aftermath thread.

So last night, 03-27-2008, was the first edition of TNA iMPACT! live. I was curious what everyone thought about it. There were a few issues but I'll let other bring those up and discuss them here.

Overall I think it was decent. I think it had a great live ending, much more effective than a taped show. It reminded me of back in the day and they way you should end a live show. James Storm joining Angle's team and smashing the bottle on Sting and ending with the full heel team with raised hands over the beaten face team was a great scene. I'd like to see more live shows, but they certainly could improve their timing and production quality.

What did you think?

i thought it worked real nice EXEPT the blade job robert rhoode did you
could tell he bladed caus he kept his head underneath the apron forever
and the cameraman wouldnt show him PlUS when he got up it was the slightest trickle
but exept that it was good i was wondering if those voting results where
true or if they just did what they wanted too do

I thought the show was ok, nothing special as I kind of fell asleep during the show as it was kind of boring at times. I was expecting something big and all I got was sting, WOW! the only thing I can say is I hope Robbie from the WWE likes as he will be needing a job soon as I'm pretty sure he will be out door in about a month. I mean at least Shannon and Chavo were smart to go backstage, but that stupid idiot sat in the crowd knowing the TNA cameras would show him. I think he should replace Jeff Hardy as WWE's biggest idiot of 2008.

Anyway back to the show, I though the show was boring as I hoping for more X-Divison but got what I expected and that was WWE released talent being showcased. Also was it me, but were the fans chanting for Angle doing the Samoa Joe interview, if so, I guess Joe is getting Cenaed in TNA.

The Live shit was boring!!They only went live cuz of WWE!!TNA is so boring Iwas falling asleep til I turned the shit!Kurt looked like a sucker against those clowns Tomko who another reject I mean fired WWE superstar,A.J.clowns to much as a heel.I knew they had rig the shit no fan voted for nothing!!Booker used to be my man but he needs a better fued Roode sucks!!Cant blade himself right,stayed under the ring for about forever!Christian how is he a leader?He is a mid-carder,who still talks like a mid-carder his interview they should let Sting talk.The built that shit around Sting!Robbie is a dumbass!!They knew u were in the buildin u stupid fuck,they put camera on him,I will hide my face but i'm to slow to hide or just watch in my hotel WWE paid for!I hear on the main he was told to leave,like I would tell my son leave my present u lil bastard!He gonna get squashed then fired!Chavo gonna lose Sunday n Moore never wins so it makes no difference for him!Back to TNA said we got all types of guest,say WWE,u hollering call the moves sometimes b4 bore!!But Bubba Ray or whateva his TNA is said WWE but they pussy n didnt say it!Seriously now my rating is 2 out of 10 they suck!!Changing WWE is not in their future!!Gaining fans by givingfree tickets want profit a damn thing!!

You diss me just like TNA does WWE!!TNA gives tickets free they probably program the fans to chant.Why we neva see the other side of the arena?Most of their guys should not be on tv.EY scared of some damn pyro weak pyro.Christian aint a maineventer I wouldnt pay to see him!Oh I forgot TNA only place is Orlando!Where they give tickets free!If Christian was ssmart he would have kissed some ass he would be a World Tag Team Champ the highest he deserves wit a partner!I love WWE but I do admit when they wrong look at Batista he cant wrestle but sure kisses ass!Khali he their only cuz peeps in India love him!It is more but I aint got time!And yes peeps do come in WWEforum to diss them,so I gonna diss back shit!Is TNA live next week?Wait is TNA cominback to Baltimore,thats right they neva been !!TNA,SUCKS!Build ya own guys instead of WWE fired or guys that couldnt make it!Like Rhino(cant wrestle 1 move is gore gore gore)Booker (my boy,steroids is his downfall),Kevin Trash,Nash(NWO is dead),Kurt(wasnt he on steroids?Vince made him he can wrestle his ass off but stop dissing wwe cuz if he wasnt in wwe,tna wouldnt want his ass,his wife fine ass hell),Dudley Boyz(Imean Team ******** think they carried WWE,they carried tables any1 can do it),Golddust(***).They diss but bite.Fishboy(jobber SCSA wanna be kinda funny at 1st),Abytch(Kane)Mitchell(Paul).Peace TNA lover they wont be around long!!

I thought the live show was great but TNA really needs to work on their ction values like that video package that aired with no sound and then just stopped (the consequences creed vid) Wut a shitload that was. I liked the idea of the commercial free main event though hope they do more and WWE follows suit. The James Storm bit was a surprise and one of my all time favs Sting returned. Overall it was a decent show for the first live one and heres to hoping TNA does more of them.

I thought it was pretty decent. Great opening match with Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine. The whole show seemed to flow pretty nice. I am not really digging the Angle training segments or really anything with Angle or his wife talking. But I did like that they re shot the commerical and included the motorcity machine guns and other wrestlers that were left out. One thing that I thought was really unnesscesary was showing one of the Highlander dudes during the show.

Whats not to like about the Angle workouts so far? Do people not like stiff competition and maybe just once seeing somebody get clocked in the head? We see the same stuff every week. Theres nothing wrong with watching the best in ring competitor in the big leagues wanna beat the crap out of somebody. Dont feel guilty for liking it. I know its pro wrestling, but instead of transcending the business with entertainment skits, there trying to transcend the business with a shoot fight type feel. How can anybody not like that? Maybe if AJ had spray painted a hole in the ring and dissapeared into it more people would have liked the segment

I like tna so much better than wwe right now, wwe used to be good when they didnt have wrestlers like cena who just is juiced up on steroids, but a couple years ago hey had fun entertaining matches to watch but thats all over since wrestlers like rvd, sabu are gone one night stand doesnt even have ecw alumni matches wwe ruined ecw but now tna really needs to step and i think there two hour time slot will help a lot more, now they need to sign some more indy talant to their roster to really take off

It was a step up from their usual taped show. For some reason, the crowd seemed even more electric than usual (maybe JB promised the 200 loudest fans they'd get backstage passes.) Comedic skits were kept to a minimum and if this is the new direction TNA creative are heading, their shows will be better. I don't get the Karen Angle segment one bit, however. Was there any purpose to it, at all? Are they trying to build the foundation to a possible love triangle involving A.J/Kurt/Karen? Sounds like a recycled Kurt/Steph/HHH angle if that's the direction they're headed. I would much rather see a Christian/A.J feud. It's more logical considering A.J turned his back on Christian (who he once referred to as a father figure), yet they've yet to settle it in a one on one feud.

Showing Robbie from the Highlanders on screen of course was tasteless. What did TNA hope to accomplish other than get him in hot water? "HEY GUYS LOOK, WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN WWE, THEIR JOBBERS COME TO WATCH OUR SHOW ON THEIR DAYS OFF!" Seriously.

The commercial-free main event, Sting's return and James' Storm's return were all nothing short of brilliant. I loved every minute of it. ODB/Awesome Kong match was also great. The whole interactive voting bit seemed to have no point however. I mean, did they just give people the option to vote on matches to confirm the show was live? I mean, isn't TNA always trying to pass its broadcasts off as being live already, anyway? Like I've never heard Mike Tenay hype a PPV on the final Impact before Sunday saying it's six days away or whatever. He usually just screams and says it's two days away (as if it were Thursday night.) Anyway, I'm ranting about something that doesn't really matter.

Solid show. Keep Shark Boy out until he suffers another concussion and wakes up as Sebastian from The Little Mermaid and Impact will start improving.

I thought the show was real good. The Shelley vs. Devine match was great as was the main event. One thing I didn't think was the best idea is that the essentially had two pay per view matches on this show for free. I know they will be in the cage at the PPV, but I still think this was a bad idea.

I guess I am the only one, but I thought is was smart of TNA to show Roby McAlister in the crowd. It probably would have had more impact if it was someone that people cared about, but nevertheless.

I thought the show was real good. The Shelley vs. Devine match was great as was the main event. One thing I didn't think was the best idea is that the essentially had two pay per view matches on this show for free. I know they will be in the cage at the PPV, but I still think this was a bad idea.

I guess I am the only one, but I thought is was smart of TNA to show Roby McAlister in the crowd. It probably would have had more impact if it was someone that people cared about, but nevertheless.

I couldn't disagree with you more, on both counts. They need to start showing PPV caliber matches on free tv. How are people gonna know what they're capable of if all the good stuff is left for PPV?

Showing Roby was bullshit, I'm sure they didn't ask him if he was cool with it. It's not like it would benefit them in any way. He's not a star. All it does is get him in trouble. Though I guess he does somewhat deserve it. Why would you put yourself in that position knowing the consequences?

Deserve it? Sorry but that's a total cop out. It's such a pile of shit the guy would get in trouble over visiting a friend on the show and just sitting in quietly to watch a different wrestling organization. It's not even like WWE and TNA are direct rivals. TNA would love that honor but really, they're not. They beat the equivalent of Sunday Night HeAt in the ratings (ECW) and all of a sudden think as themselves as a threat? Showing Robbie did absolutely NOTHING for TNA other than get him in hot water. NOTHING. The fans didn't care. The viewers didn't care. It's this kind of classless things TNA do that makes me hate them. It's not like they have their reputation to fall back on either. 75% of the time, the show sucks. So even when they produce something good like Thursday's live broadcast, they manage to fuck it up by doing some bitter thing like this. Wonder whose idea this was... hmm. So many people backstage who are bitter with the WWE. I'd have to assume Jeff Jarrett's call.

Deserve it? Sorry but that's a total cop out. It's such a pile of shit the guy would get in trouble over visiting a friend on the show and just sitting in quietly to watch a different wrestling organization.

Well, seeing how all WWE wrestlers were told not to interact with TNA or ROH publicly, and going to a TNA live show and sitting in the crowd would be public. I would say he does deserve getting in trouble. Fuck, if I was lucky enough to be a contracted wrestler for WWE I think I might follow the rules during WRESTLEMANIA WEEKEND!!! It's not like he's got a whole lot of pull in the WWE locker room. Have The Highlanders ever really done anything worth remembering? You'd think a guy might want to be on the good graces of the company and wait till after the show to see his friend.

But that just my humble opinion :blink:

You think that Rory should be penalized? Yes they gave an order not to go, but let's face it, he is not in one of the major cards Sunday. What TNA did was stupid, careless and pathetic. The WWE maybe their rivals but did they think that this would bring TNA over to first place?

I think that showing Rory on television was tasteless by TNA. Like another person posted, I wonder who made the call to do that. However, Rory should be penalized by WWE for attending the program if it was a direct order from WWE not to socialize with TNA employees or attend TNA events. I don't see why TNA would be so upset with WWE employees attending the event as a consumer. After all, 3D sells WWE in every other promo talking about their days in ECW, WWE and WCW and all the other people who worked there. Who cares about what you used to do and stop selling your competitors. As for the crowd in the Impact Zone, most of the over zealous fans shown on camera and painted like Sting are regular VIP and Street team members who attend almost every taping and event in Universal. TNA regularly tells the crowd that the loudest and rowdiest fans get to go backstage and meet wrestlers. They throw out shirts and DVDs and tell the fans that the loudest fans will get more prizes as the show goes on. They have been doing this since last May when I started attending the shows. Most tourists who attend the tapings fall for it. The regular fans go along with the program. The seats along the ringside are the best in camera view. They are folding metal chairs (not bleachers) that are reserved for family and friends of the wrestlers. The people along the fence are usually VIPs. So, don't gauge the fan reaction on the show as to whether the show is good or bad. TNA also tapes the fans at one point - just booing and acting like something is bad in the empty ring. Then, they tape again with the fans cheering and yelling as something great has happened in the empty ring. JB usually comes out on the mic during this segment and tells the fans what kind of reaction is wanted for the cameras. These are dropped into the tapings as needed. As for the content of the live show, I can't say that it was different than any other Impact taping that I have seen. it was not unique. Sting came back but, he came back last year about this time. How many more times will Sting return near Lockdown? Plus, it was not a surprise. There was nothing spectacular about the live show to make it memorable or stand out from the rest of the Impact tapings.

I'm a WWE fan, and I always will be, so with that in mind, TNA sucked live!!! I watch it every now and then, and each time I do, it just gets worse and worse. The first time they go live and Angle is bare foot, A.J. is in amatuer gear, and Tomko just looks ******ed. What a shame to a already crappy show. For Booker...man...I feel bad for ya. Roode killed whatever momentum he had as a heel. In time, WWE will buy off TNA, shut it down, and put it to rest. Can't wait for that day.

Well seeing as the ratings went down from TNA going live, I doubt we will be seeing a live TNA event for a while. I keep saying over and over tat TNA needs to stop trying to compete with the WWE, because no matter what people can say about it, the WWE has the better product. TNA needs to just please the fans it has now, like what ECW did, work with your audience as they don't have the money or knowledge of use for talent as the WWE has. TNA can't even beat ECW!

I couldn't disagree with you more, on both counts. They need to start showing PPV caliber matches on free tv. How are people gonna know what they're capable of if all the good stuff is left for PPV?

Showing Roby was bullshit, I'm sure they didn't ask him if he was cool with it. It's not like it would benefit them in any way. He's not a star. All it does is get him in trouble. Though I guess he does somewhat deserve it. Why would you put yourself in that position knowing the consequences?

I do agree they should put on PPV caliber matches, just not the same exact match that is gonna be on the PPV. As far as the Highlander thing, the more I thought about it, you are probably right.

I'm surprised people still find WWE weekly programming so interesting quite frankly. I've watched WWE for the better part of my 28 years and only recently started watching TNA and I've said it before and I will say it again, it's like a breath of fresh air after watching the WWE do the same damn thing every week.

I thought the live Impact was pretty solid despite the glitches and infinitely better than Smackdown. I watch Impact and Smackdown back to back on Saturdays and after watching Impact, Smackdown always bores the crap out of me. I watched Awesome Kong and ODB have a great match and then...Smackdown Diva's have a water fight. C'mon. I understand WWE loyalty but at this point it's bias and blind. I would love for the WWE to step it up and be more exciting but look at the facts, they just aren't.

And having PPV quality matches on Impact was awesome. Enough with boring squash matches and mind-numbing Mayweather promo's that last forever.

The show was very good in my opinion. I thought they could have put more effort into the show as its their first live one, but still was good. I was very happy to see Sting back :)

As for JBK2008 and other mindless WWE freaks, I really don't get how you can blindly be so loyal to something. Even as a loyal WCW fan back in the day, I had given up watching about a year before it went bankrupt. I used to love WCW and preferred it over WWF for at least 3-4 years, although WWF was what i started watching first. Even as WCW fan boy i still watched WWF and did not go around saying bad things about it, and some weeks it really was bad. Then things changed and WWF really picked up in a big way. What did i do? I stopped watching the crap WCW put out and was watching WWF only. I go where the quality is...

If the show is repetitive and boring, then how can you force yourself to watch it? I don't get it. btw, are you like a wrestling fan all the way from the 80's? or just someone that started watching wrestling about 5 years ago? As i don't think true old school wrestling fans as my self can continue watching what WWE is currently putting out at the moment.

You think that Rory should be penalized? Yes they gave an order not to go, but let's face it, he is not in one of the major cards Sunday. What TNA did was stupid, careless and pathetic. The WWE maybe their rivals but did they think that this would bring TNA over to first place?

Look I wouldn't penalize him if it was up to me. I don't think it's a big deal. But he was aware of the consequences and he needs to deal with them. He can only be upset at himself and TNA.He's not a major star, and doing shit like this isn't going to help him become a major star.

The man looked to be there with family. He's a human being that wanted to waste some time and check out the competition. It's not his fault that they showed him on tv. It's not like they showed him backstage shaking hands with wrestlers and stuff. I mean, with the way his career in WWE is going, he will probably be looking for a job somewhere in the near future anyways. But he more than likely WILL get punished for hanging out at the park and going in to take a look.

If they WWE were smart, instead of punishing him, they would curtail this into an angle where Robbie went to check out the competition and found it to be filled with amateurs, has beens, and crap. They could have Robbie shoot on TNA, without mentioning the company, and it would discourage TNA from even allowing WWE guys into their programs, fearing such would happen again.

I enjoyed the show despite a few problems:
-TNA didn't hype the show as well as they should have, which helped in the poor rating (also going against the NCAA Tourny wasn't helpful either). TNA never hyped that this show would be live on previous episodes of iMPACT and didn't hype much until last week. From what I understand, TNA didn't hype the show as live on the other show because they didn't want to admit to being a taped show as Live sounds more important. So instead they built it up as the biggest iMPACT in TNA history.
-I am not a huge fan of the MMA Stuff. I would prefer that Angle was intense like this past Thursday and went in against Joe using some of the stuff he did here but being strictly MMA, I don't think it belongs in TNA.
-The obvious production faults including dead air and lack of audio during Consequences Creed's Vignette.
-The Karen Angle Interview, sounded campy to me.
-The commercial breaks during some of the matches

I would enjoy if TNA went live every other week but realize that won't be happening soon, there were some good elements that came from the show
-The expect the unexpected buzz in the arena knowing anything can happen
-The Commercial Free Main Events. TNA should do this every week

Overall I like the direction TNA is taking.

TNA live wow what can you say, well considering it was thier first time I think they did really well. There was that unpredictabilty in the air, that anything can happen which you dont get with Raw anymore or at least I dont. I think they hyped Sting up greatly, and his return was well recieved and its great to see him back. Overall I think the show was a solid show great ending never saw it coming with the James Storm thing! Few errors go to obviously the production needs to to amped up big time, and other stuff but I thought was good and without a shadow of a doubt needed a better rating than what it got. I hope TNA do it again in the forseeable future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back