iMPACT! to go LIVE 10/07/10

xTSDLx

Dark Match Jobber
The following was posted by Dixie Carter on Twitter...

"TNA iMPACT! is going LIVE on 10/7. Remember my tweet about how TNA is going to change forever? Stay tuned."

I'm assuming that on October 7, TNA iMPACT! will go live each and every week. If this is correct, I think it's a GREAT move for TNA. Pre-taping the shows in advance hurts TNA in my opinion, in fact a lot of people read the spoilers and then don't tune in.

So what are everyone's thoughts about iMPACT! going live?

Dixie also said stay tuned for the big surprise she teased a while back... Could Impact be going live for good?????

Fantastic news! I've been saying for nearly two years now that TNA needs to go live in order to truly eliminate the concept of their product being spoiled well ahead of time, and bra-fucking-vo to Dixie Carter for culminating on the decision to change TNA's landscape forever.

What was that you were all saying again? TNA never follows-through? Dixie hypes things for no reason? Yeah, you can enjoy a big ol' glass of shut the fuck up now.

It could be a good thing for TNA as live broadcasts in general do seem to generate more excitement and interest than taped ones. It's too early to tell whether iMPACT! will be live on a weekly basis, but I wouldn't be surprised if October 7th was a test run.

But, even if iMPACT! does go live on a weekly basis, it's not exactly something to cream yourself over. We've all seen live episodes of iMPACT! before. Going live won't mean squat if the product continues to be as overall shitty as it is right now.

I think that this is great news for Tna as it makes the product more exciting since it won't be taped and good move by Dixie by making this move to going live on Oct 7 as it will probably change the landscape of TNA forever

I am really excited about this... If they are going live evry week it will really raise the interest level of Impact... I Really think there is a HUGE surprise coming up on the show before BFG... Maybe Heyman or Batista... Hell, just them going live every Thursday would be fine with me...

All they need now is Explosion on Say, Sunday nights and TNA will be perfect in my opinion...

I just hope it's not just one live show and she has a surprise that won't live up to the hype... Like say, Mickie James just shows up... (It would be cool but not game changing) Then they go back to tapings...

I'm a HUGE TNA fan and I really hope they don't drop the ball on this one...

Now I'm really excited. This is fucking huge.

TNA, you've got my support through the thick in thin, I hope you guys don't come out and disappoint us! This could be a huge let down - but it could be - like Dixie's said - A day that changes TNA forever. What could it be? TNA Live would be amazing. And the fact that this is the week of Bound For Glory makes it even bigger than any other week. I've marked it down on my calender, I've stocked my pantry, and I've super glued myself to the couch! Cannot wait until October 7th!! :)

I think it's a smart and logical move, but I don't see why everyone is freaking out and saying this is going to change TNA forever. It's not like we've never seen live iMPACT's before, and they clearly don't draw very different numbers from the pre-taped shows.

But from a viewer's standpoint, yeah it's damn good. I don't read the spoilers, but still, the live atmosphere just gives a certain feel of excitement and wondering what the hell is going to happen. Going live is a good first step for TNA trying to get big.

Still don't really see how this is groundbreaking and will "forever change TNA" though.

This is big news for TNA. Good for them.
But seriously, I'm getting sick of Dixie saying that TNA is going to "change forever" every couple of weeks. It seems like every time they bring in a new wrestler, a new writer, or a new big name, they hype it up as "changing forever". I'm a TNA fan, but it seems like Dixie gets herself in over her head. She thinks something may happen for TNA, and before letting it be cemented, she hypes it up. Then she's left holding an empty bag, searching for something else to shove at people so she doesn't look foolish. It's childish and really, really bad for business. I haven't believed anything she's said about the "landscape of TNA" in years. I'll believe it when I see it.

I think it's a smart and logical move, but I don't see why everyone is freaking out and saying this is going to change TNA forever. It's not like we've never seen live iMPACT's before, and they clearly don't draw very different numbers from the pre-taped shows.

But from a viewer's standpoint, yeah it's damn good. I don't read the spoilers, but still, the live atmosphere just gives a certain feel of excitement and wondering what the hell is going to happen. Going live is the first step for TNA trying to go big.

Still don't really see how this is groundbreaking and will "forever change TNA" though.

That's not entirely true, and its a bit of a disingenuous statement.

It could absolutely change the landscape of TNA, as not only are they going live one week before Bound For Glory—their bread and butter show of the year—but just in going live they eliminate the potential for their taped show spoilers to leak. Spoilers often persuade viewers from potentially not watching (as some viewers absolutely do) when they read something they don't like.

As for their ratings during their initial live run, you also have to keep in mind that they went live up against the WWE, which means their numbers were not true indications of what they would be able to accomplish, but rather just what they were able to accomplish going up against strict competition with a twenty year legacy behind it. Just because they pulled in .5's or .6's (or whatever the number was) when they went up against RAW doesn't mean they'd be doing the same on Thursdays. If anything, the fact it's live will only help push the 1.1's and 1.2's they've been repeatedly pulling a bit higher.

All they need now is Explosion on Say, Sunday nights and TNA will be perfect in my opinion...

So, you're suggesting they put a wrestling show on a Sunday? To compete with PPV's twice a month? One of which will be their own? Logic. Even if it's on before or after PPV's it'd probably be a bad move.

Good move for TNA if they do in fact go live from that point forward as watching a live show is generally better. Never know what can happen.

I don't think the big news is TNA going live every Thursday; I think Dixie's BIG news is that she has signed Grizzly Redwood away from ROH, and that, in fact, will change TNA forever!

A positive step forward for TNA, but let's not overhype it's "impact" just yet.

Remember, the last live broadcast of Impact wasn't exactly a barnburner. Also, aside from the video packages that TNA produces, the overall production of TNA Impact is questionable at best. During the previous live broadcast, there were a lot of missed camera angles and the entire flow of the program wasn't exactly smooth-sailing.

However, going live each week would be an improvement over TNA's current Impact taping schedule.

I'm not sure if this will make a huge impact as everyone is saying but it will definitely help ratings a little bit since a live show is always more exciting than pre-taped. I'm very interested to see what the talent thinks about it as it will be harder for their schedule.

Great move. This is much needed for the Thursday night Delight.

However if they fall back on the "start a brawl, stop it for commercial; come back then start it again for 30 minutes" then they are just going to tread mud.

It's good, I suppose. Taped shows are obviously superior to live shows, for the most part. The element of surprise and all, I guess. Don't usually read the spoilers, so it doesn't affect me as much persay, but it's still a positive, I guess.

However, everyone who is freaking out of comments like "this is huge!, TNA will be changed 4evah!, etc." You are morons. The end.

That's not entirely true, and its a bit of a disingenuous statement.

It could absolutely change the landscape of TNA, as not only are they going live one week before Bound For Glory—their bread and butter show of the year—but just in going live they eliminate the potential for their taped show spoilers to leak. Spoilers often persuade viewers from potentially not watching (as some viewers absolutely do) when they read something they don't like.

As for their ratings during their initial live run, you also have to keep in mind that they went live up against the WWE, which means their numbers were not true indications of what they would be able to accomplish, but rather just what they were able to accomplish going up against strict competition with a twenty year legacy behind it. Just because they pulled in .5's or .6's (or whatever the number was) when they went up against RAW doesn't mean they'd be doing the same on Thursdays. If anything, the fact it's live will only help push the 1.1's and 1.2's they've been repeatedly pulling a bit higher.

You're completely right, and I agree with your post.

I think you and I have different ideas of what "Changing the landscape of TNA" is though. I don't really see that as something that is groundbreaking. Yeah, it'll help bring in consistent 1.1's or 1.2's, but I don't see that as anything that will forever change TNA.

But, even if iMPACT! does go live on a weekly basis, it's not exactly something to cream yourself over. We've all seen live episodes of iMPACT! before. Going live won't mean squat if the product continues to be as overall shitty as it is right now.

This guy right here is what's wrong with the internet. He's not a wrestling fan, he's a WWE slurper. After a shitty Summer Slam, and the worst episode of Raw ever, if you consider that it was billed as the 9000 million episode that's what he says about TNA. It's the very reason why I don't really read these forums anymore. People live to talk bad about TNA. If you don't like it, don't watch it, don't comment n it.

this actually means alot to the future of tna.

spoilers probly keep 30% if nt more of people from actually tuning in. & they also allow 'tna' haters to pick apart the broadcast without actually watching the show.

going live always has a great feel to it. theres always a good chance of someone breaking character or throwing in a shot or 2 during a promo. live means no edits & that means a sense of excitement.

it also keeps fans tuning it b\c if someone shows up or has a surprise, its nt ruined a week b4 its shown on tv. its part of the reason i still watch raw. it has a different feel to the show. not knowing what happens brings back a sense of anticipation that has become lost on many fans.

this is a big step forward if they are ready production wise. this is gonna give tna a chance to prove they are on the right track. if they have a few surprises in store & are finally tying up some loose ends w\ storylines, then going live is a big positive.

So, you're suggesting they put a wrestling show on a Sunday? To compete with PPV's twice a month? One of which will be their own? Logic. Even if it's on before or after PPV's it'd probably be a bad move.

It can start at 7 before PPVs start. Same slot as Heat had. But a Sunday timeslot would put it up against football. I think Tuesday would wprk better.

I'm more intereted in how this will change reaction. Taping that while having it match up what happens on a live impact will be hard. Hoping by then reaction will be able to stand alone on a nother night. Or be a preshow.

You're completely right, and I agree with your post.

I think you and I have different ideas of what "Changing the landscape of TNA" is though. I don't really see that as something that is groundbreaking. Yeah, it'll help bring in consistent 1.1's or 1.2's, but I don't see that as anything that will forever change TNA.

That's just it though, GL, they're already pulling in consistent 1.1's and 1.2's. Going live would almost certainly increase those numbers, because a number of the fans who would have otherwise simply read the spoilers and not watched the show will have been forced to actually tune in to watch the show.

Going live is ground-breaking.

I recall some of the pictures Jeff Jarrett was talking about when he alluded to the whole "ground-shaking" announcement. If I recall, one picture was an airplane landing. Could Dixie's true surprise be that TNA is finally heading for the road? Seems like something truly groundbreaking as TNA has been planted in Orlando since 2005 and before that in Nashville. I really doubt going live is the big picture here. I mean not too long ago they were doing it bi-weekly. Great timing if anything. I guess we shouldn't have taken Dixie for granted.

This is a big announcement, and I hope Impact can pull of the same ratings or better if they continue to go live on Thursdays after the seventh. Will it change TNA forever? Who knows?, but I am excited to see this come through. TNA probably should of done this in January on Thursday instead of Monday, but at least we know now what works and what doesn't work.

This will be good for the talent too since they don't have to tape 3 shows in a row anymore. The fans inside and out of the Impact zone will enjoy it because they don't have to read spoilers or see Impact back to back. I think this is a good thing for TNA. There really isn't any competition on Thursday nights unless there is a football or basketball game.

It may not change the landscape in TNA forever, but at least it will give them some much needed publicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back