Ending of IMPACT

There are many storylines that doesn't make sense nowadays in both TNA & WWE. Last night we supposed to have finally learned what was going on between AJ Styles & Dixie Carter. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be an affair; the obvious would've been too easy. Plus, when heels bring something to light it usually doesn't go well for them. Anyway as the segment went on, this random lady comes out and talks about how she took the wrong turn in life with the use of drugs/alcohol, and AJ & Dixie were just helping her. One question came to mind; maybe two. Why would Dixie hide this from her husband, then why in the hell should we care about her??? Not trying to be a total jerk but it doesn't make since; no one has anything invested in her.
It would have been better if it was the same scenario, but the lady was a future signee or a current knockout that has been taken off tv or not signed because of the drug/alcohol problem and this person's fall from grace hurt AJ & Dixie so badly that they decided to keep her problem secret from the public to help her. My questions:
Did you guys like the segment???
How would you guys have booked the segment?
Under my scenario what knockout, indy performer, etc. would you plug into the storyline???
Personally I would have used ODB, have EY divorce her and go with Madison Rayne, ODB leaves for a while then she pops back up in this angle. At least that's my opinion, what's yours???

Absolutely not, I would feel bad for any Knockout who would have to recover from this tarnished image not to mention pointless/dumb/atrocious/viewer insulting trainwreck of a storyline. And that goes for current knockouts or future knockouts. I agree they should of used someone that has more relevance to wrestling......

On second thought nvm this "climax" "reveal" whatever you want to call it should of never got a second glance on paper let alone actually go through with it. I feel bad for everyone involved but especially Daniels since this storyline has pushed his character so far this yr but then they absolutely butcher it in the end making his heel persona irrelevant now as this is possibly the worst reveal in TNA history.

We can only hope that they drop it now and pretend like it never happened b/c as impossible as it sounds it can only get worse.

I definitely agree; it is a God awful storyline; I have a strnage feeling they're going to continue this and probably tie in the pregnancy too. I do feel sorry for Kazarian & Daniels also. I was feeling like they were finally going to push him to the mainevent level at least for a little while, but looks like after this he's going to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

Good segment? No. Did it do the job it set out too? Yes.

From what I can see, this storyline was created to put over Daniels and Kaz as heels - on this it succeeded. But the pay off was always going to suck, the rumors couldn't be true - how could AJ and Dixie remain as the good guys if they're cheating on their families? What happens to Daniels and Kaz if they turned heel?

As far as people thinking this isn't the end of it; Dixie and AJ are friends with a junkie who they are trying to rehabilitate which they are doing without letting anyone else know - including their own family and friends. The evidence that Daniels had was platonic emotional support between two friends dealing with a highly emotional and sensitive situation that they can only confide in each other about. By the big reveal last night they opened the truth to the world including the family, friends and employers of their friend and, worse, to their own unsuspecting families who will be hurt because they will feel that they should have been trusted enough to be confided in (see Serge decking AJ). Again, this illustrates that the execution of the angle was pretty poor in that it makes big assumptions about the audience being able to put flesh to the bones it provided. However, I don't see this line continuing unless D&K play off the fact that Dixie ran to AJ rather than Serge to help out, which would feel unnecessary to me.

If I was to look at silver linings (could they not have hired an actual actress:disappointed:) I would go with the storyline not being dragged on any further (as I've said, I can't really think of any other way it could have been resolved to please) and the beat down of Daniels and Kazarian was pretty sweet.

I somehow doubt that this girl is just some random girl. I imagine that herinvolvementwith Daniels will be key here. I got the idea that Daniels knew her and was surprised that she was there. It seems there are facets here that we do not appreciate.

As much as I would love to see Daniels cast in a new role as the pimp who got this girl hooked on drugs, and perhaps exploited her in various ways, I doubt they will go there.
Bummer. It would not only make for a great Daniels vs Kazarian program. It would also set them apart from he PG fare over in the 'E. I have no illusions, however. I know this angle will continue to blow.

As far as people thinking this isn't the end of it; Dixie and AJ are friends with a junkie who they are trying to rehabilitate which they are doing without letting anyone else know - including their own family and friends. The evidence that Daniels had was platonic emotional support between two friends dealing with a highly emotional and sensitive situation that they can only confide in each other about. By the big reveal last night they opened the truth to the world including the family, friends and employers of their friend and, worse, to their own unsuspecting families who will be hurt because they will feel that they should have been trusted enough to be confided in (see Serge decking AJ). Again, this illustrates that the execution of the angle was pretty poor in that it makes big assumptions about the audience being able to put flesh to the bones it provided. However, I don't see this line continuing unless D&K play off the fact that Dixie ran to AJ rather than Serge to help out, which would feel unnecessary to me.

Impact hasn't shown in my country yet so I've yet to see the actual segment in question. This explanation sounds good and it's not one I could've seen coming, I couldn't think of how they'dget around all the evidence Daniels showed.

Although one question is just to clarify, why was Kaz being blackmailed to begin with? Did he somehow find out about it? And then I guess Daniels found out too and started using it to convert Kaz.

Wouldve been much better if the masked guys from last week came out and beat up on AJ, daniels, and Kaz, leaving dixie, then they take dixie. It would end this stupid angle thats going nowhere and keep people guessing.

I think we've all learned a very valuable lesson here, one that should serve as a reminder for future situations...

Don't hire pregnant waitresses from Denny's who say they are actresses! You may want to hold auditions and hire an actress who has played a role or two and isn't imitating Jimmy Fallon on SNL's Worst Skits! $10 says the actress they hired did it for free.

What's sad is that while the scenario is stupid in itself, seeing as you'd think Dixie and A.J. could at least tell their significant others ("Hey, I'm helping a pregnant crackhead with my married friend who you've known for 10 years.") what's going on so that A.J. didn't get five across the eyes from Sergi, I'm stupified as to three things:

1. How did Kaz got roped into all of this again? This was Chris Daniels' blackmail on Styles and Kaz?

2. THIS is what distracted A.J. Styles in important matches? "Oh, no, please don't reveal to the world that I'm a saint walking the earth! No, no one can know of my charity work for unemployed heroin hoes! Don't do...no, I got pinned again! No!!!"

And lastly...

3. Are they gonna bring that bitch back to reveal more of the story next week, or can we go Christopher Nolan and hire a better actress and pretend she just grew older or something?

Indigested minds want to know...

Holy fuck this women was probably the worst actress I have ever seen on TV ever.

and I watch some shows that most people think are terrible, I'm not going to lie I watch some really bad, trashy TV haha, but this women was just terrible.

Holy fuck this women was probably the worst actress I have ever seen on TV ever.

and I watch some shows that most people think are terrible, I'm not going to lie I watch some really bad, trashy TV haha, but this women was just terrible.

Totally agree. I'll go a step farther and say she must be related to Daniel Brian. Both are horrid, bland, and have no business being in the main event segment of the show.

[cL];3967823 said:
I haven't watched impact for a while...simply because it became a bit painful to watch. I really wanted to see them flourish and do something great to make VKM and company get off their butts and do something worth watching on a WEEKLY basis and not just when they feel like it...but i digress.
I wanted to watch this week because I even though i don't watch I do read up on the results to see if its worth watching at least. I did gain a little interest in the AJ/Dizzy storyline and when i saw her tweet that it was going to come to head tonight, i wanted to see what was going to happen...especially since i couldn't bear to watch Lebron hoist the larry obrien trophy tonight.
At the end, after the video of them kissing, hotel rooms, embracing, this whole drug addict thing....totally ******ed.
And i'm back to not being at all interested.
See here's the thing. You have a solid company with solid talent and if used correctly, can easily become a contender....but you have some of the most WACKED OUT storylines in creation and you wonder why people are only reading the reviews and not watching the product. You have the best talent in the world and kindercare students working in creative. What are you giving me? Why should i invest time when you take storylines and arc them like this? I wanna love TNA ...i really do...
but man its REALLY hard to invest when they do stuff like this.

and about the ninjas who attacked sting last week?
we're just.... gonna pretend that...didn't..ok. shhh. dont talk about it...
forget i said anything.

It's because of idiots like you who don't let stories play out! They said that this story has a long way to go and people are acting as if this is the conclusion. Have you ever Heard of storyline arch's?

What if this woman is someone Daniels inpregnated and refused to support and Dixie and Aj are using her to get back at him to cover their asses? And you could clearly see that Kaz didn't know who she was saying "Who in the hell is this Bitch" Twice. Daniels knows who she is and wonder why didn't anybody tell him she was there ?

And you could clearly see that Kaz didn't know who she was saying "Who in the hell is this Bitch" Twice.

Exactly. I'm surprised that people aren't talking about Kaz's reaction and what he said. I believe Kaz actually thought that AJ and Dixie were having a affair. He originally went a long with Daniels to keep AJ's secret. To help his friend. Then he eventually saw things Daniels way. AJ being giving everything because he's sleeping with the boss while Daniels and Kaz go without. So Daniels has been lying to Kaz this whole time. Wouldn't be surprised if Kaz turned on Daniels because of all this.

^^That sounds like a good idea.

I just want to say that I too wasn't impressed with how the angle has been finished up with this random person who is not on the TNA roster... whoever is some legitamate charity TNA are giving some sort of publicity too.. For example WWE do their anti-bully stuff. Is Dixie helping some detox facility... I' know I'm reaching here...

In any case I sort of look at this week's TNA as an amazing show. 7 matches all with a purpose and then got a bad ending. If you ignore the endning much like I usually do with WWE's Cena/JL endnings, it really was a great show. Hopefully this ending puts to bed this angle once and for all and we get back to Daniels/Kaz vs. AJ/Kurt over title belts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back