BattleZone Tournament General Discussion

JGlass

Unregistered User
Hello everyone, and welcome back to the BattleZone Tournament! This year we're doing teams of two rather than singles matches, but the concept is the same.

Please use this thread for general discussion regarding rules, matches, and the tournament.

Remember that this is non-spam - KB

Well, we're at the Quarter Finals now with 8 teams, so here's my thoughts on all the teams that made it this far and in my opinion, what chance they have of winning the tournament:

Iron Man and Inspector Gadget:
This is my Team Hell No of the tournament, as in it's easy to underestimate them because of Gadget's incompetence and different states of mind, but in actual fact, they are deadly. To start with, their synergy together could very well be the best in the tournament. Gadget is protected by Iron Man whilst he's trying to get inventions, whilst Iron Man can use these inventions and upgrades massively. Even if one goes down, another has a chance to win the fight (though Gadget may have trouble against an enemy that is not weakened). Iron Man is a past winner of the tournament too, an incredible feat, and together with Gadget, he forms an incredible core.

Verdict: Gadget and Iron Man have a chance to go all the way. It really depends on who they fight.

Martian Manhunter and Urdnot Wrex:
Urdnot is quite good for a gun wielder. With multiple types of ammo, and an assortment of weaponry, as well as the skill to use them and some effective abilities, he can certainly hold his own. But Martian Manhunter is probably the best guy in this tournament. Unless your team has fire, you're fucked. Incredible speed, strength, durability, intelligence and psychic, shape shifting, phasing, energy and teleporting abilities make this guy an absolutely terror. Manhunter could probably do incredibly well in this tournament on his own to be honest.

Verdict: Bring the fire, or this team wins it all. My personal favourites.

Wonder Woman and Flash Gordon:
I haven't been paying much attention to this team sneak up the bracket, but Wonder Woman is an absolute beast in close combat and can easily close the gap on her opponents. Blessed with super strength, durability, speed, perception and intelligence, there is no wonder why this team has gotten as far as it has. Flash is quite good also, but definitely the weak point of the team. Don't get me wrong, he's good enough and could probably beat generic gun wielder #29, but he pales in comparison to Wonder Woman. Their synergy could be better too (both primarily close combat fighters), but they're both very good at it, which is a big plus.

Verdict: Not my favourite team to win this by a long shot, but with a few good draws, they do have a chance.

Harry Potter and King Dedede:
Oh dear. I'm surprised how far this team has come, considering it's being carried by someone with a normal, frail human body. King Dedede is AWFUL. His suck attack can easily be avoided by anyone fast or strong enough, and his hammer damage and speed is dreadful compared to the arsenal of other combatants. Lethargic, slow, large target, weak and not very durable at all, and you have probably the worst guy in the tournament. On the other hand, Harry is probably in the top half of combatants in this tournament, with a very solid arsenal and equipment, but he's still not as good as some. He's probably even less durable than Dedede, especially with the scar on his forehead being a central weakpoint. Still good, but not as good as people are making him out to be.

Verdict: The team that is least likely to win.

Magneto and Mario:
I think this team, whilst deserving to get this far, has probably gotten to the end of its tether. While Magneto has an outstanding offence, it has to reach certain conditions for it to work. Being a genius and psychic always helps to plan out strategies, and he and Mario have the potential for some devastating strategies. Having said that, his durability and speed are pretty meh for tournament standards. Mario relies on his power-ups to do damage, and they do A LOT of damage, and are very useful. However, Mario's powerups don't last forever, and he's easy prey should he run out of these. He could probably take a couple of hits, but he'll easily go down to major abuse.

Verdict: Don't see this team winning, but better than Dedede and Potter.

Storm and Mr Incredible:
Talk about a team that is incredibly underrated. Storm is probably on par with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter in this tournament. She has a vast array of potent powers including weather manipulation, sorcery, close combat and ranged combat, intelligence, strength, speed, durability and more, making her a beast. What's more, Mr Incredible is arguably a more solid partner than Urdnot and Gordon, being an amazing grappler, and having the speed, strength, durabilty, strategies and perception far beyond a normal man (though he could be outmatched by Manhunter), as well as being resistant to all but the strongest powers. Just because he's a kids character from one of Pixar's less prominent big movies certainly does not mean he is a huge threat, especially with his great synergy with Storm.

Verdict: Vastly underrated, could easily go all the way.

Captain America and Master Chief:
Like Mario and Magneto, good team, deserves to get this far, probably not going to go any further, and that's fine. Both guys are super soldiers, but in entirely different ways. Captain America is a close combat, strategist kind of guy, that relies a little too much on the shield, but is still an expert fighter. Chief is more of a ranged guy with some amazing weaponry and durability, but again, enough damage can take him down, and he's not very fast. Both guys have performed incredible feats in their canon, and this tournament to be fair, but I think this is the end of the road.

Verdict: Not winning this tournament most likely, probably not winning their next round.

The Flash and Zero:
Like I said, these guys are the dark horses. To call Flash's speed absolutely amazing is a huge understatement. Other than that, he has an incredibly quick mind which allows strategies to be made on the fly, and solid strength and passable defences. Zero is another great combatant, with a wide arsenal, good speed and defences, and a psyche to fight. Solid fighters, and could really surprise a lot of people.

Verdict: Like I said, the dark horses, and have the potential to go all the way.

My personal rankings:
1: Martian Manhunter and Urdnot Wrex
2: Storm and Mr Incredible
3: The Flash and Zero
4: Iron Man and Inspector Gadget
5: Wonder Woman and Flash Gordon
6: Magneto and Mario
7: Captain America and Master Chief
8: Harry Potter and King Dedede

All I can say is that these final 3 rounds are going to be intense.

How is the scar on his forehead a weak point, if Voldemort isn't around? Even if Voldemort was around, there are theories that he was a stronger wizard because of his connection with Voldemort.

How much of the books did you read?

Watch Harry Potter vs Luke Skywalker Death Battle, Luke uses the scar to his advantage. Granted, Luke uses Shatterpoint, but other psychic combatants have the ability to do similar things.

Watch Harry Potter vs Luke Skywalker Death Battle, Luke uses the scar to his advantage. Granted, Luke uses Shatterpoint, but other psychic combatants have the ability to do similar things.

Who in the holy hell gives a shit about what some fan video made in a terrible looking video game simulator thinks about any of this? Harry's scar isn't a weakness.

Who in the holy hell gives a shit about what some fan video made in a terrible looking video game simulator thinks about any of this? Harry's scar isn't a weakness.

The guys that do Death Battle do a lot more research and put more effort than any of us into these fights.

Also, it's an animation, not anything like M.U.G.E.N.

Chill out man, don't take something I mentioned in passing so seriously.

The guys that do Death Battle do a lot more research and put more effort than any of us into these fights.

Also, it's an animation, not anything like M.U.G.E.N.

Chill out man, don't take something I mentioned in passing so seriously.

Screw Attack doesn't do anything except play out a scenario in which their favorite character wins over something their fans roll their eyes at. This doesn't somehow make the idea that Harry's scar is a weakness anymore accurate.

Screw Attack doesn't do anything except play out a scenario in which their favorite character wins over something their fans roll their eyes at. This doesn't somehow make the idea that Harry's scar is a weakness anymore accurate.

Think about it this way.

If Harry's against a psychic opponent, and the opponent sees the scar, they could open the wound with their psychic power, distracting Harry with the pain enough to land a killing blow.

I'm not saying Screw Attack is an extremely accurate source of information, but their argument does make sense in this situation at the very least.

Think about it this way.

If Harry's against a psychic opponent, and the opponent sees the scar, they could open the wound with their psychic power, distracting Harry with the pain enough to land a killing blow.

I'm not saying Screw Attack is an extremely accurate source of information, but their argument does make sense in this situation at the very least.

Harry's scar isn't a wound. It's the mark of his connection with the dark lord who tried and failed to kill him, and serves as a link between him and Voldemort. Not once in any of the canon did Harry's scar "open up" like a wound.

I'm just assuming you've never read the books, and for that reason, I strongly advise you either brush up on some widely available information in tl;dr form, or stop trying to have a debate about Harry Potter with actual fans of the books.

How in the uber-fuck does the god-damned Batman and Hei lose to Dante and fucking Bug fucking Bunny????????

Explain this to me like I'm a 6 year old.

How in the uber-fuck does the god-damned Batman and Hei lose to Dante and fucking Bug fucking Bunny????????

Explain this to me like I'm a 6 year old.

Because two humans (one with electric powers) would get their asses handed to them by a half demon with god like powers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back