It's Happening Again: BattleZone Tournament 3 Coming Soon!

No, I just took into account that the only way people have figured out how to defeat The Hulk is by sending him to another planet and that finding Juggernaut's pressure points is going to be difficult when he's equipped head to toe in a suit of armor. Come to think of it, he probably couldn't beat The Thing either, but let's save these arguments for the 8th! One week until the threads open, and we'll be posting the brackets before that!

You forget that kenshiro is rated 3rd on the all-time strongest anime characters. behind Goku and Doraemon respectively.

To be fair, that list is subjective. Both Toriyama [creator of DBZ] and Kishimoto [creator of Naruto] as well as others have rated Luckyman as being the strongest anime character ever.

I think the problem we're going to run into is determining at what point each character will be drawn from their world at. Are they allowed their full spectrum of abilities? Will competitors be facing Goku, or SSIV Goku? Will Megaman be the Blue Bomber, or already have all the abilities he's gained over the years? Problem is there's no official cannon that states WHY Mega, or X has to gain abilities all over again each time (except for the obvious needs of a new game). They're not temporary, and the series never really touches on the mechanics behind why he doesn't simply have all the abilities from X in X-2...

Just food for thought.

I think the problem we're going to run into is determining at what point each character will be drawn from their world at. Are they allowed their full spectrum of abilities? Will competitors be facing Goku, or SSIV Goku? Will Megaman be the Blue Bomber, or already have all the abilities he's gained over the years? Problem is there's no official cannon that states WHY Mega, or X has to gain abilities all over again each time (except for the obvious needs of a new game). They're not temporary, and the series never really touches on the mechanics behind why he doesn't simply have all the abilities from X in X-2...

Just food for thought.

In the bio's there's lists detailing each characters powers, abilities, & assets. I assume your concerns will be addressed in the bios.

Just food for thought.

For a character like Goku he starts at his regular form. He'd have to power up through the various Sayin stages throughout the battle, and if you make the argument "Once he gets to SS9 he'll be able to blow up the world so he automatically wins," you're a douchebag. Doc and I make strides to make sure none of the characters we put in the tournament are broken. Last year people were pretty modest with their arguments surrounding Goku, and the people that tried to argue that he'd instantly turn into this super powerful, world destroying maniac were generally ignored. It also helps that Dirty Jose argued like a champ.

For characters like Mega Man, Mario, Kirby, etc. it's all about using your imagination. If they have shown the ability to use a power in the past, then it's fair game. Mario has been able to shoot fireballs, fly/glide, freeze people, turn invincible for a short amount of time, etc. If you can find a place for any of his powers in your arguments, then you should use them.

Pretty much make the argument for your guy and see how far that gets you. What was great about last year was me and Jose were arguing about what would work, what wouldn't work and everything inbetween. You have to make your case and defend it. That's part of the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back