Your favorite/least favorite finishers (of today)?

Roman reigns should have a standard power bomb.
Every one uses the spear. Sheamus should use the brogue
Kick as a signature. His cloverleaf I way better. I don't like the zig zag.
Dolph's ddt is way better. Titus oniel should have a bear hug
As his finisher. Would make him look strong. Fandango
Should use sweet chin music.eric rowan should use the submission
Claw to forehead.

MasterDebator brings up a good point: though a handy tool to rile up the crowd, telegraphing a finisher in the way Orton does by hitting the mat would surely let the opponent know what was coming. I always preferred Shawn Michaels' spontaneous super kicks rather than his foot stomp into sweet chin music as well.

Currently my favorite is probably the Sister Abygail and the now defunct original Dirty Deeds.

The worst is probably Zayne's Helluvakick, I love Zayne but the move doesn't really seem to fit him as a finisher, and it's not even that impressive to watch. Also I'm a bit meh about the RKO, Orton makes it work somehow, but conceptually it's the stupidest move ever.

Oh, I also absolutely love Baron Corbin finisher.

And Rollin's curb stomp, perfect heel finisher.

Everything john cena does sucks. His flying shoulder block is weak looking horseshit...his other slam is similar to the AA...he locks the stf on or say not on...its horriblehorrible. The guy really has no moves and what he does do he does super poor.

Fandango should use sweet chin music

I disagree with this. While I appreciate some of your other points, this I can't get behind because you mentioned Reign's spear as the reason he shouldn't use it. Am I missing who has the spear? Reigns' does...and? Like serious question who else does?

Now the superkick is used by Ziggler and both of the Usos(remember the triple superkick a few weeks back?), so I don't think anybody else should be given it unless it's the version with all the theatrics.

Also, why do you indent like that? Where you go to a new line mid sentence?

I disagree with this. While I appreciate some of your other points, this I can't get behind because you mentioned Reign's spear as the reason he shouldn't use it. Am I missing who has the spear? Reigns' does...and? Like serious question who else does?

Now the superkick is used by Ziggler and both of the Usos(remember the triple superkick a few weeks back?), so I don't think anybody else should be given it unless it's the version with all the theatrics.

Also, why do you indent like that? Where you go to a new line mid sentence?

Batista, if he still counts.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I rather dislike Cesaro's finishing move (can't recall the name of it at this hour). Mostly because, again, of the psychology behind it. Cesaro's "big" signature moves focus on his opponent's neck and head, outside of his Gut-wrench suplex, which he doesn't employ in every match. The European uppercuts, the "super" uppercut, and the Giant Swing all affect a wrestler from the neck-up, yet his finisher affects an opponent from the neck down. I'd rather see Cesaro use a version of the European uppercut, like he used a week or so ago, as an "out of nowhere" finishing move (although, with Barrett and Big Show using similar moves, perhaps that would over-saturate the market) that would make more sense based on his signature moves.

Tangentially, if all wrestlers used moves that gradually led to the deployment of their finisher, commentators would have a much easier time telling stories. All of sudden, puzzle pieces fit together organically in the context of a well-told match as opposed to a match featuring random maneuvers with no synchronicity.

My favorite remains the RKO because, especially when it's delivered to an opponent who's flying off the top rope toward Randy, perfect timing is absolutely necessary. Put another way, can you imagine how an RKO would look if he mis-timed it? Randy is such a technician in the ring that I've yet to see it happen.

I suppose my least favorite is the Angle Slam. All he's doing is dropping the guy on his back; I never had the feeling it should be totally devastating the guy as it did.

3 best

RKO, Pedigree, Stone Cold Stunner

3 Worst Khali, Mr. Kennedy, and I'm not to fond of the bo dog either

best currant finishers
Sister abigail is number 1 for me atm followed by romans spear and Miz skull crusher, at best though this is a best of a bad bunch list, if cm punk or kurt angle were on wwe then id have picked their finishers, GTS/Anaconda vise or Angle slam/Ankle lock

Worst currant finishers
Big shows KO punch, it sucks i prefered his chokeslam, barrets bull hammer and rollins curb stomp are both pretty poor as both could be used as regular moves, and anything daniel bryan does as he is just awful

Rko is great in terms of style and agility, but poor when you realise he probably doing more damage to himself than whomever the victim is

Roman reigns should have a standard power bomb.
Every one uses the spear. Sheamus should use the brogue
Kick as a signature. His cloverleaf I way better. I don't like the zig zag.
Dolph's ddt is way better. Titus oniel should have a bear hug
As his finisher. Would make him look strong. Fandango
Should use sweet chin music.eric rowan should use the submission
Claw to forehead.

i think big show still uses a spear but tbh he sort of just throws himself into people as he so big it works, reigns spear is quicker and more effective

and if fandango starts using Sweet chin music il start watching dancing with the stars lol:disappointed:

I think Dolph should get something different. I wish he had something a little bit more flashy. I really think the Superkick would be perfect for him. I also think that Seth Rollins should use the Curb Stomp like Randy Orton uses the Punt Kick. It would be great if used only at certain times. I really do enjoy the RKO. I enjoy that it can be used at anytime and anywhere. I always liked the Chokeslam and the Tombstone. They are great power moves, and they really get a good reaction when used.

I really like Kevin Owen's (Steen) package piledrive, it just looks devastating. Such a shame he probably won't be able to use it in WWE.

Least favourite easily the Bo-dog, I also really dislike the zig-zag, I think Dolph should just stick with the superkick.

Best- Curb Stomp: The impact of the foot stomping the head down on the mat (or cinder blocks, hehe) is fascinating to watch. The timing has to be perfect and Rollins must have practiced it a lot to be able to make it look so painful yet being able to execute it without hurting his opponent. I have never seen anyone do this move before, so it is really special for me.

Rack Attack: This is the only power finisher I can think of that any diva has done since Beth Phoenix's Glam Slam (apart from Kharma), and it looks really painful too. Kudos to Nikki Bella. Brie should take notes.

Worst- STF: It looks so weak and it's obvious from the front camera shot that Cena isn't applying any pressure to his opponent's face, even though his facial expressions suggest a procedure as painful as having anal sex with white adhesive as lube. I wonder, doesn't he even check out the clips when he goes backstage?

Running Knee: This is among the most popular moves, but it doesn't look strong enough to do the damage that it does. I don't know how exactly to explain this; maybe Bryan should fall towards the front- in the same direction as the opponent's body, instead of falling on his ass like he stepped on a banana peel.

Question, what ever happened to Big Show's Alley Oop- That almost reverse power bomb type move? Did it just not go over? Or was it too dangerous?

I didn't think it was a bad move, but I never liked the name.

Cant think of many worse finishers than The Great Khali's chop?! To be honest i cant think of many things worse than Khali himself!

The best looking finisher has to be the RKO, Orton hits it so smoothly! Adrian Nevilles top rope splash is an eye catching one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back