• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WZHL Fantasy Hockey 2013/2014 Season

Yay!!! Everybody is back for season two, yay!!!

tumblr_m20njtPTop1qi3wkqo1_500.gif

Sorry LSN, & Macios maybe next year (of course you guys could always start up a second league if you're motivated enough & can get enough people).

Next order of business is scheduling the draft, I would prefer to do it on a Sunday night, preferably either Sept. 22th or 29th (season starts on Oct. 1st)

Next order of business is scheduling the draft, I would prefer to do it on a Sunday night, preferably either Sept. 22th or 29th (season starts on Oct. 1st)

Great to see all ten guys return for the upcoming season, hopefully the WZHL will be just as awesome as it was last year, and there's no reason to think that it won't be.

Sunday night works great for me and I'd prefer the 22nd over the 29th, simply because it's sooner and I can't wait! Hopefully it will be later in the evening, like 8pm EST or later because I'm likely tied up earlier in the day.

Any idea when the draft sequence will be announced, and how it will be determined? I assume it will be randomized again, but I guess last season's results could be factored into the equation in some manner.

Any idea when the draft sequence will be announced, and how it will be determined? I assume it will be randomized again, but I guess last season's results could be factored into the equation in some manner.

I hadn't actually thought about that, so I'll just let everybody let me know what they would like done.

We do have the exact same league, so inverse of final standings could be a possibility.

As for draft times, Sunday nights work perfectly. The only time that wouldn't work is if I go back to St. Louis for a weekend, but I usually don't have that planned out ahead of time enough to say no go for a certain weekend.

I think random pick would be most fair.

I am down for the 22nd. Gives a few extra days between draft and the start of the season for adjustments.

Even though it doesn't help my cause at all, I kind of like the idea of drafting inversely to the final standings from last season. 10th drafts 1st, 9th goes 2nd, etc., This gives the guys who were at the bottom last time a little bit of a boost, while forcing the guys near the top to earn it all over again. Of course, I'd definitely be up for a simple random selection as well. Whatever the commish decides is fine with me.

If it's the 22nd, any chance we can start it around 730 pm, EST? That's the night of the final episode of Dexter and at 9 pm, my brain fixates on that...

If it's the 22nd, any chance we can start it around 730 pm, EST? That's the night of the final episode of Dexter and at 9 pm, my brain fixates on that...

Yeah probably, I'd like to be done by that time anyway so I can focus on the second to last Breaking Bad.

The draft is currently scheduled for Sept. 22nd at 5:45 pm (CT), for some reason it won't let me select a time between 5:45-9:00 right now. The draft time could still change, & if Yahoo stops being ******ed likely will, I wanted to schedule it for 6:30 (CT).

I work 9-5:30pm EST. I'm not even home until 6:30, if not 7 M-F. I'd imagine at least a small handful of us would fit that same bill. A 5:45 CT start means 6:45 EST, which would be cutting it damn close for me personally.

September is also really early for drafting. Pre-season would still be going on. I'd suggest doing it after, once teams finalize rosters.

I work 9-5:30pm EST. I'm not even home until 6:30, if not 7 M-F. I'd imagine at least a small handful of us would fit that same bill. A 5:45 CT start means 6:45 EST, which would be cutting it damn close for me personally.

September is also really early for drafting. Pre-season would still be going on. I'd suggest doing it after, once teams finalize rosters.

A week before the season starts is early drafting?

The last day of preseason is Sept. 29th, the first day of the reg. season is Oct. 1st, so no matter what we're gonna be drafting during preseason.

Sept. 22 is a Sunday so your M-F work schedule should not come into play. Not sure if you work Sundays or not, but I doubt you work that late on a Sunday evening.

And with about a week to go until the end of the preseason and the start of the regular season, I imagine most rosters will be largely finalized, especially guys significant enough to be selected in our draft. Anyone cut that late into the preseason is either going to go undrafted in the first place, or will be a late enough selection that he can easily be interchanged with some other undrafted player. Barring injury of course, but that's part of the game which can happen anytime to anyone.

Personally, Sunday Sept. 22 at 5:45 CT is absolutely perfect timing for me.

I would also like to suggest possibly expanding the league to 12 teams. 10 was a great number, but I think we'd all love to see the recently returned LSN join up, and I don't doubt there's another avid hockey fan on the forums who'd love to join in the fun.

And he would love to join if invited, or if someone fails to re-join from last year. :)
Sorry LSN, & Macios maybe next year (of course you guys could always start up a second league if you're motivated enough & can get enough people).

Not a problem. I've got a league outside WZ I'm involved in, although I'm admittedly disapointed :disappointed:, as I'd love to play with you guys. Completely understand though, the guys from last year should get first cracks.

A week before the season starts is early drafting?

The last day of preseason is Sept. 29th, the first day of the reg. season is Oct. 1st, so no matter what we're gonna be drafting during preseason.

Honestly, yes. I always try to register my draft dates as close to the start of the season as possible. A week before we'll still be seeing camp invites, pre-season PTO's, late-season signings and potential trades as well.

Also just realized it's a Sunday, so that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back