• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Wrestlemania 31 General Discussion thread

Taker vs Lesnar II needs to happen or not?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not saying that Lesnar and Rollins have a feud, what I'm saying is Rollins should turn on Lesnar at either the Rumble and cash in the MITB, hereby becoming the WWE champ, heading into Wrestlemania.

Let's face it, Lesnar is leaving after Mania, so whoever he has a match with at the biggest show of the year, you're pretty much guaranteed that the challenger is going to win. How about Rollins and Reigns being that match instead, they you're not guaranteed that Reigns will win. Just cause he wins the Rumble he still has to get through Rollins for the title. Now he has beat him clean in the past, but I don't expect that to happen this time.

It would put one hell of a swerve into this that no one would see coming. Fans would be overjoyed that someone is holding the belt that actually shows up for work each week.

It's just a thought.

I don't mind the scenario at all....however, I have been having a feeling that perhaps, John Cena will go over Brock at the Rumble and end up being the one to face Reigns at WrestleMania instead.

IF Reigns vs Cena were to happen, I am sure that would add unpredictability to the Main Event and still, the cash-in scenario can happen anyways.

On your scenario above... I wouldn't mind it happening as it would indeed be fresh. But, as I pointed out, personally I don't think either Reigns or Rollins are big enough to be headlining Mania without an established name alongside them, though I'd gladly be proven wrong on that one.

All that said; the biggest swerve possible, though it would require brilliant writing that has been well thought out for a while, is having a totally different Royal Rumble winner than Reigns unlike last year where Batista was rumoured and though it was unpopular, the WWE went through with it anyways... Only problem is, bar a Daniel Bryan unlikely surprise, I just can't think of an alternative to Reigns that makes total sense based on booking...

While I don't hate that idea at all, I think it would somewhat devalue Reigns' championship win if he beat Rollins for it instead of Lesnar, the man who ended The Undertaker's streak and dominated Cena to win the championship. The whole point of Reigns beating Lesnar for the title is so they can say, "He did what The Undertaker and John Cena couldn't." It makes Reigns look that much stronger.

Not to mention the booking problems that creates. Rollins needs to have a huge match with Orton when he returns and I think that should be saved til Mania, not the Rumble. Also, Lesnar would be owed a rematch, so it would almost have to be Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Lesnar at Mania. And I don't think they go triple threat in the main event again since it was done last year.

This as well.

Well said.
It just is too complicated to do Reigns vs Rollins at this point given the foundations laid for Orton-Rollins, for instance. That in fact, is the only feud we get of former Authority members truly going at it against each other.

As LOD mentioned; which ties to in to what I said about Reigns/Rollins not being established to headline alone, is that beating someone like Lesnar after all he has accomplished is a huge deal...and if Cena were to end up winning at Rumble, then Reigns beating him in a huge Pass the Torch type of match would also be major achievement for Reigns...ntm, the potential of a Rollins cash-in on Reigns immediately after he achieves either of those huge achievements(beating a Cena/Lesnar).

While I don't hate that idea at all, I think it would somewhat devalue Reigns' championship win if he beat Rollins for it instead of Lesnar, the man who ended The Undertaker's streak and dominated Cena to win the championship. The whole point of Reigns beating Lesnar for the title is so they can say, "He did what The Undertaker and John Cena couldn't." It makes Reigns look that much stronger.

Not to mention the booking problems that creates. Rollins needs to have a huge match with Orton when he returns and I think that should be saved til Mania, not the Rumble. Also, Lesnar would be owed a rematch, so it would almost have to be Rollins vs. Reigns vs. Lesnar at Mania. And I don't think they go triple threat in the main event again since it was done last year.

See I don't think it would devalue his title reign at all. Rollins even without all the help and cheating tactics, has proven time and time again he can hold his own in the ring. Remember that amazing match he had with Cena when Rollins was still part of the Shield. Reigns/Rollins would be fantastic. What with their history of being part of the greatest faction ever, the heel turn by Rollins, and now Reigns revenge. The match sells itself. And I for one would love to see it happen.

Orton can have feuds with Kane, HHH or anyone else in the Authority while the two former Shield members go at it. Being out this long hasn't put Orton in such a great position either as he really has nothing going right with anyone right now. And for those who say he has a bone to pick with Rollins, well Reigns has first shot at that bone.

I would agree with you on the Lesnar scenario, but let's face it, his title reign or what little we've seen of it has been crap. The only person he's feuded with is Cena, and looks like that's going to be it. They need to get the strap off him as soon as possible. This little experiment in my opinion was a failure.

Actually thinking about rematches, Orton is owed one from last year as well. So why not a triple threat Rollins, Reigns and Orton in the main event at Mania. That way you have two up and comers and one established main eventer.

I don't mind the scenario at all....however, I have been having a feeling that perhaps, John Cena will go over Brock at the Rumble and end up being the one to face Reigns at WrestleMania instead.

IF Reigns vs Cena were to happen, I am sure that would add unpredictability to the Main Event and still, the cash-in scenario can happen anyways.

On your scenario above... I wouldn't mind it happening as it would indeed be fresh. But, as I pointed out, personally I don't think either Reigns or Rollins are big enough to be headlining Mania without an established name alongside them, though I'd gladly be proven wrong on that one.

All that said; the biggest swerve possible, though it would require brilliant writing that has been well thought out for a while, is having a totally different Royal Rumble winner than Reigns unlike last year where Batista was rumoured and though it was unpopular, the WWE went through with it anyways... Only problem is, bar a Daniel Bryan unlikely surprise, I just can't think of an alternative to Reigns that makes total sense based on booking...

I thought Cena was supposed to feud with Rusev? If Bryan returns he doesn't need to win the Rumble, he is owed a title match after being stripped. He is a huge question mark because of his health. I mean the guy looks great when you see him, but I don't think he will ever come back as his old self.

If he needs additional surgery, why hasn't he had it yet? Waiting this long isn't doing him any good as ring rust sets in very quickly, we've seen it with Reigns and he was only out a couple of months. I'm not even going to think about Daniel Bryan in the title scene again until his health issues are worked out.

I have been thinking this same thing for ages and it just makes so much sense. Reigns doesn't lose any credibility as it would be a cash in and he also continues his push by getting the rub of being the guy that took down lesnar. The sympathy he would get from fans would help his popularity and in the mean time the belt can get put on a guy who absolutely is ready in my opinion in Seth Rollins.

The resulting feud would also be great. A real reason to fight each other instead of two guys just thrown together for no obvious reason (e.g Ambrose and Wyatt). With Seth being such a great heel it would also help fans get behind reigns more.

Really?

Ambrose/Wyatt is thrown together but Rollins Reigns wouldn't be?

There is a legit reason or two Bray and Ambrose were programmed together, some would definitely apply to Reigns and Rollins if it goes that way.

2 guys at similar length tenure.. In Bray's and Ambroses case the fans were making both guys faces in spite of the WWE plans. So they get put together to cool the face reactions to Bray and build them with Ambrose as that "fit the plan" once Roman was out, they needed that new face and they have a feud that in theory can last for years and elevates both in their now set roles.

Rollins and Reigns is similar, but WWE has an agenda with Reigns, so they have to put him with their most hated guys, Brock and Rollins with Heyman if they have any shot of getting him over as that next big face. Rollins will end up Face, just as Wyatt will but WWE want's to be in control of when and how, not just cos the fans get behind them.

Rollins cashing in at Mania is a given, it's a 2 for the price of one star making opportunity... Reigns finally beats Brock (Ambrose at a push if they go with all 3 Shield in the match) only for Rollins to cash in after the Brock beat down and gain nuclear heat... cashing in at Mania, winning, being the guy who beat the guy who beat the one... will be invaluable, but he won't hold it past August... That's a given too... but even if Ambrose is not involved, you then have a new main event face and heel, legit over and feuding for the title. Add Ambrose via next year's Rumble and you have a great 3 way feud dynamic for the next year ending in a true Triple Threat at Mania 32 for the title...

I'm hoping for a Seth Rollins cash-in at Wrestlemania myself. Someone has to attempt this at some point, Rollins would be a great choice. Even though the tactic of being opportunistic with cashing in right as a champion is attacked has become so common, it has yet to be done at a show as big as Wrestlemania. When Del Rio did it at Summerslam it felt like a much bigger deal than it would have been had he done it at Raw, same goes for Orton. Rollins cashing in at Wrestlemania would be perfect, right after a face challenger (probably Reigns with the way things are going) has defeated Brock Lesnar for the World Heavyweight Championship. Lesnar hits a bunch of F5's as revenge and then leaves. Suddenly, out comes Seth Rollins and cashes in, leaving with the top belt. Rollins would get severe heel heat for that, and that's exactly what he would need. This could be one of the best cash-in's ever if done right and gives Rollins a Wrestlemania moment few will forget anytime soon.

See I don't think it would devalue his title reign at all. Rollins even without all the help and cheating tactics, has proven time and time again he can hold his own in the ring. Remember that amazing match he had with Cena when Rollins was still part of the Shield. Reigns/Rollins would be fantastic. What with their history of being part of the greatest faction ever, the heel turn by Rollins, and now Reigns revenge. The match sells itself. And I for one would love to see it happen.

Orton can have feuds with Kane, HHH or anyone else in the Authority while the two former Shield members go at it. Being out this long hasn't put Orton in such a great position either as he really has nothing going right with anyone right now. And for those who say he has a bone to pick with Rollins, well Reigns has first shot at that bone.

I would agree with you on the Lesnar scenario, but let's face it, his title reign or what little we've seen of it has been crap. The only person he's feuded with is Cena, and looks like that's going to be it. They need to get the strap off him as soon as possible. This little experiment in my opinion was a failure.

Actually thinking about rematches, Orton is owed one from last year as well. So why not a triple threat Rollins, Reigns and Orton in the main event at Mania. That way you have two up and comers and one established main eventer.

I thought Cena was supposed to feud with Rusev? If Bryan returns he doesn't need to win the Rumble, he is owed a title match after being stripped. He is a huge question mark because of his health. I mean the guy looks great when you see him, but I don't think he will ever come back as his old self.

If he needs additional surgery, why hasn't he had it yet? Waiting this long isn't doing him any good as ring rust sets in very quickly, we've seen it with Reigns and he was only out a couple of months. I'm not even going to think about Daniel Bryan in the title scene again until his health issues are worked out.

Cena-Rusev has been rumoured...but I am hoping to see Ziggler-Rusev instead, given the reactions of both guys in a face-heel capacity. Them being the current midcard champions also adds something to the feud as well.

As for Bryan, I agree.
Hence, I just can't see past a Reigns Rumble victory at all bar a part-timer returning once again(which they won't attempt at all after last year...)

Really?

Ambrose/Wyatt is thrown together but Rollins Reigns wouldn't be?

There is a legit reason or two Bray and Ambrose were programmed together, some would definitely apply to Reigns and Rollins if it goes that way.

2 guys at similar length tenure.. In Bray's and Ambroses case the fans were making both guys faces in spite of the WWE plans. So they get put together to cool the face reactions to Bray and build them with Ambrose as that "fit the plan" once Roman was out, they needed that new face and they have a feud that in theory can last for years and elevates both in their now set roles.

Rollins and Reigns is similar, but WWE has an agenda with Reigns, so they have to put him with their most hated guys, Brock and Rollins with Heyman if they have any shot of getting him over as that next big face. Rollins will end up Face, just as Wyatt will but WWE want's to be in control of when and how, not just cos the fans get behind them.

Rollins cashing in at Mania is a given, it's a 2 for the price of one star making opportunity... Reigns finally beats Brock (Ambrose at a push if they go with all 3 Shield in the match) only for Rollins to cash in after the Brock beat down and gain nuclear heat... cashing in at Mania, winning, being the guy who beat the guy who beat the one... will be invaluable, but he won't hold it past August... That's a given too... but even if Ambrose is not involved, you then have a new main event face and heel, legit over and feuding for the title. Add Ambrose via next year's Rumble and you have a great 3 way feud dynamic for the next year ending in a true Triple Threat at Mania 32 for the title...

when I say 'thrown together' I mean that the feud lacks any real feeling when watching as a fan. There still hasn't been a real reason given for the Ambrose-Wyatt feud other than the generic 'join me' stuff from Wyatt at the start, it doesn't feel logical or natural it just happened and for that reason the feud has not been as good as it should have been. A really intriguing feud needs to allow the viewer to suspend their belief by being personal and giving the guys involved a reason to want to hurt each other. Ambrose/Rollins was a good example.

I'm saying that a Reigns/Rollins feud wouldn't feel forced because Reigns would have a legit reason to hate Rollins due to: A) their history with the shield and Rollins betrayal and B) the fact that Rollins would have spoilt what should have been his crowing moment and took his world title.

So do Dean and Wyatt have all that stuff from the Shield/Wyatt era...

If anything Ambrose works better than Reigns as the guy if they are going to have Rollins cash in at Mania... Ambrose upsets Lesnar "against all odds" then gets sparked out by him... the old 16 Suplex thing... Rollins cashes in "lightning fast" and the show ends with Reigns making the save and them staring down. That way would actually make all 3 guys the same level immediately. Ambrose stays off screen for a bit to sell the beating but when he returns he is immediately in that feud with Reigns and Rollins.... He can be mad at Reigns for being "too late" or "letting it happen" and Rollins for the obvious cash in... If I was booking, that's how I'd do it... leave Reigns win till around Summerslam or Survivor Series and have Ambrose return right when he has...

I could see Lesnar losing to Reigns and then playing the sore loser role and dismantling Reigns and leaving the carcas for Rollins to cash in MITB.Then Rollins becoming the CMPunk type champ under Heyman,the small guy winning and defying the odds and holding the belt until Wrestlemania 32?

NXT seems to be getting more popular as the months go by, and I feel like WWE could capitalize by putting the NXT title on the line at big one. I don't want any championship match though. It needs to be a big match, and I have just the match in mind:

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs Hideo Itami vs Finn Balor in a Fatal Four-Way for the NXT Championship

I don't care if it happens on the kickoff show, or if it's the first match to start the show, but that would be HUGE for NXT. And what better way to get a hot crowd started than with a showcase of future talent like this? When MITB was at WM, it usually kicked off the show or was one of the first matches of the night. They did that so they could get the crowd invested pretty heavily into the start of the show.

Would y'all want to see this match take place at WrestleMania 31, whether it's on the kickoff or the actual show itself?

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to do it for the Pre-Show at Mania 31. Don't know if it would showcase all 4 of those guys, but maybe something like Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens for the NXT title could be a great option, maybe even a final goodbye from NXT for Sami Zayn and his official preview to casuals before dropping the belt to Owens and moving onto the Main Roster.

Good idea but Hideo isn't ready and still hasn't adjusted to WWE style.
I think it should be the first match on the main card with The Ascension vs Miz/Midow for the Tag Titles on the Preshow. Mizdow should finally turn on Miz and begin a storyline for the next 2/3 PPVs. After that Mizdow gets a run with the IC Title.

I think it's a good idea as long as they can wrestle the styles they do in NXT. I think a lot of moves aren't allowed or are frowned upon at the main level so as long as they don't water them down NXT should be included on every PPV. It would be a pre-show/dark match since they couldn't have the NXT guys upstaging the regulars.

The NXT Championship being in a dark match or pre-show is fine, but NOT on the main card. NXT should NEVER be featured on WWE television. Keep it to a dark match and it's fine.

I like the idea but I don't think that this is a possibility. With TLC being significantly worse than NXT R Evolution, and the main roster dealing with a lot of criticism because of this, I don't think Vince McMahon would want to risk having a similar problem here.

I can't see it happening, It would either be a limited match so as not to outshine the main WWE roster or these unknown guys come in and wrestle each other as the match of the night then disapear wouldn't make the main WWE roster look too good and if they were put in a poor match it wouldn't do NXT reputation any favours, I would prefer them being kept as seperate companies, If they had to do it then maybe in a battle royal in a mix with current WWE stars but I would still prefer them not to.

NXT is fine as it is. It's a developmental and there is no-need for crossover of such magnitude. Sure NXT might get some extra attention but there are other ways of doing so. Indeed, you would have to use time on the main-shows to promote the title match. At that point surely the wrestlers involved become main-roster talents.

WWE can get eyes onto NXT without using Wrestlemania. Moreover, it would be a waste of a match. Those guys will get their chance but there is enough talent on the roster to fill Mania without using NXT. I mean, sure I want to see Sami Zayn at Mania but does he deserve a singles match at Mania if someone like Cesaro doesn't appear. Or if Ziggler was in a battle royal. Meh, not really.

Maybe something on the pre-show. Not necessarily a title match but a tag-match might be cool. Again, I like NXT as a developmental. It is something separate with the main-roster being the goal. The reward for being on NXT should be getting onto Raw not Wrestlemania. Looking ahead, they could have a 6-man on the pre-show with guys like Balor, Itami, Owens, Zayn, Neville and Breeze. Something fun and entertaining that might get a few more people to watch NXT the week after.

We are rolling up on the Road To WrestleMania so I figured I'd make this thread.

Keep it all in here

Note: I am not a mod or admin her but I am doing my part as a member to help out. Remember the Forums rules... No Spamming,Trolling,or Flamming

Cena beats Lesnar. Rollins cashes in. Ambrose wins Rumble. Reigns beats Rollins at Fast Lane. Wrestlemania Shield Triple Threat main event. Ambrose wins.

Well, my opinion on this is the same as it was last time something similar was discussed; I can live with an NXT Match on the Wrestlemania lowcard so long as it involves guys who are so insanely ready for a call-up that it's not even funny. The most polished of the polished. Zayn/Neville levels of ready, in other words.

Could Zayn/Owens be at that level THIS soon? Too early to tell.

See, this is what I was talking about before. Give the NXT guys a shot on the pre-shows of PPV's and let the crowd see what they can do. It also gives the execs and Vinnie Mac a chance to see who might be ready for a call-up. With supposedly 2 hours of pre-show set aside at WrestleMania, there's really no reason why they can't put an NXT match on. It doesn't have to be an NXT title match, but with two hours to fill, I'm not sure I can sit through 5 replays (at least, not counting how many times they show it during the actual WrestleMania itself) of the video packages for the main matches on the card, so I would welcome a match featuring NXT's top guys. Maybe Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (who have been there before) vs. Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville (if he hasn't been called up yet). Or Kevin Owens and The Ascension vs. Lucha Dragons and Sami Zayn. Something like that.

Seriously its literally 25 years in the making. Fans have been asking non stop mania after mania for this match to finally happen.

We missed austin vs hogan, we missed HBK vs the rock but finally with reports coming in that Taker will be at mania31 with the 1 time Sting is also going to be on the SAME card WWE yet again seem to be passing on this opportunity, both guys have age against them if this match happens it needs to happen at mania31. Not 32.

Why do I have a feeling that HHH's ego is majorly involved here. sting has stated many times he only wants taker, and if taker wrestles bray it just seems pointless. So let's assume taker is in fact wrestling, and of course they will put Sting vs HHH so they wll miss the chance to do this match. It just seems so stupid. The match itself will sell mania even people who say there too old blah blah but will mark out like little boys when these two stand toe to toe in a WWE ring.

Why can't they do HHH vs Sting at royal rumble and Sting vs Taker at mania31? Why is that so difficult to set up?...?

Honestly, I don't want to see an Undertaker/Sting match. At this point, these guys need help from others to carry the match for them. Sting and Taker can't do that with each other. Plus there is no storyline I can see to have them face each other if only just for the "dream match." Years ago yeah, but not now.

Storyline wise, it fits. They already had one run in with Sting and HHH. After last night, I now know it's going to be HHH/Sting at WM31. HHH will put guys over if it makes sense (See DB). He'll do it for Sting. Throw in Vinnie Mac as the guy who brought Sting in to stop his idiot son in law and daughter from destroying his universe.

Having HHH face Sting at the RR doesn't make a lot of sense buildup wise. It's only 2 weeks away. Sting in the ring needs more time.

I agree with you but they triple H focuses on the future and that's why the icon vs icon match which we were waiting for 15 years will not happen.

They prefer to give Bray a major push by competing against the Undertaker and have Sting vs HHH which will be good but it wont be the match everyone was looking for.

Bray can get a huge push by winning others(even Sting someday) but a match between Sting and the Undertaker happens once and now is probably the last opportunity as Undertaker seems to have his last match this year.

I'd rather see HHH/Sting, and Taker/Bray

Sting is at his best when he's clashing with a superheel. Why would Sting and Taker have beef? Other than them occupying similar spots in their respective companies throughout the 90's.....I really don't see the reason anyone thinks they'd be such a good matchup. Sting was NEVER a supernatural character. Sting was NEVER an evil character. They aren't even alike. Like...at all.

Taker/Bray could be awesome if done right, and could really elevate Bray.

Plus, no reason for two special occasion wrestlers to face each other. There is absolutely no storyline explanation for it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back