WWE Money in the Bank LD - It's Clobbering Time

I guess I'm the only one who thought the opener was absolutely hands down fucking incredible and the best ladder-type spotfest match since the glory days of the original TLC trilogy a decade ago. In-fucking-sane that was.

Nope, I completely agree, that SmackDown ladder match was incredible. All around, I'd say it's by far the best PPV of the year, if only for the fact I didn't even come close to falling asleep midway though it. Just amazing.

4th, unless for some reason your counting the ECW title, and it's his first reign as WWE Champion. Not to mention he just fucking beat John Cena in Chicago in a spectacular match. There is no reason for us not to be losing it right now.

I do count the ECW title, because it was a World title when he won it. And I'm not saying people shouldn't be excited for the match, just some people acting like he's never won it before.

Like I said, not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but this isn't really a lifelong achievement he just reached.

I think the important thing regarding Punk's win isn't so much that he's won another title, but the circumstances of the win and what it implies. That is to say, he beat Cena damn near clean in the main event of a PPV, shocked the world, had an epic moment in his home town, did it in one of the best matches of his WWE tenure, etc., etc. It's not the first win, but it feels like the beginning of a new era in Punk's career, hence its importance.

I do count the ECW title, because it was a World title when he won it. And I'm not saying people shouldn't be excited for the match, just some people acting like he's never won it before.

Like I said, not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but this isn't really a lifelong achievement he just reached.

I don't think that's why everyone is excited here. Actually, I know it's not.

Which means the WWE machine has done it again. Huzzah! The Universe isn't dead after all.

rl02z4.jpg

@ Slyfox

it's more or less that no one even knows what will happen, with all worked shoot's this can go either way from really bad on raw (aka Punk losing the title cleanly and never be seen again) or develop into something awesome (Punk actually defending the title at independant show's), either way the anticipation for Punk's title reign is strong, we wanna see where this is going and in what way the WWE will either work us or help us commit because of said event.

I'm seriously not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but this IS Punk's 5th World Title. Some of you are acting like he's never held one before.

1. He's had the World Title 3 times, that's it. So it's only his 4th top title (The WWECW Title isn't considered a World Title, especially when Punk won it).
2. But it's his first WWE Title, which is the more prestigious title (World Title was made in 2002, WWE in the 60's).
3. The way this one was obtained causes for more celebration. 2 of his 3 prior World Title reigns were by Money In The Bank jumping on dead opponents (the other was in a TLC Match against Jeff Hardy), which is far inferior to what he did tonight, which was pin the top guy clean in the middle of the ring (or more accurately about 2 or 3 feet from the ropes).
4. This storyline is ten times better then anything Punk has done in WWE. Him not losing means the story isn't over, which most every fan doesn't want the story to end yet, so it ending isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing.

I'm seriously not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but this IS Punk's 5th World Title. Some of you are acting like he's never held one before.
It's the first time he holds the most prestigious belt in wrestling and adducts the spotlight as the hottest wrestler in the world. And won it under one of the most memorable circumstaces ever. But it's not just about Punk, everything was great tonight. Cena sold and wrestled like I've never seen before, my personal favorite rose to center stage from nothing and every match was entertaining.

So, I'm sorry to change the subject but how did Christian win the title by DQ? I haven't followed wrestling in months. Someone elaborate please. Even if it's been done already...

2. But it's his first WWE Title, which is the more prestigious title (World Title was made in 2002, WWE in the 60's).
3. The way this one was obtained causes for more celebration. 2 of his 3 prior World Title reigns were by Money In The Bank jumping on dead opponents (the other was in a TLC Match against Jeff Hardy), which is far inferior to what he did tonight, which was pin the top guy clean in the middle of the ring (or more accurately about 2 or 3 feet from the ropes).
4. This storyline is ten times better then anything Punk has done in WWE. Him not losing means the story isn't over, which most every fan doesn't want the story to end yet, so it ending isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing.
Understand all that. Doesn't change what I said to not be true.

In all fairness to those marking out for CM Punk like it's his first time winning the gold, he did beat John Cena for the WWE title in a relatively clean manner. That doesn't happen everyday.

So, I'm sorry to change the subject but how did Christian win the title by DQ? I haven't followed wrestling in months. Someone elaborate please. Even if it's been done already...

Christian had a stipulation put in stating that if Orton got DQ'ed, he loses the belt. He kicked him in the dickpiece, he lost the belt.

I'm kind of thinking that Christian comes out on Smackdown this week to gloat, though he's still injured. Orton comes out and beats him down again and DB cashes in. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back