WWE Extreme Rules 2015 General Card & Results Discussion

Do you like the ER card?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler was perhaps the best in-ring match of the night......I didn't particularly like the ending, but I was guessing as much when the match ended with Sheamus losing.

I liked the match, yet found the ending curiously lacking in drama. There was no big set of finishing moves; Sheamus simply got pinned in one of the many pinning attempts. It was so undramatic that I wasn't sure a pin had taken place.... a sentiment Sheamus seemed to share.

Honestly, I was surprised Sheamus lost; I figured his return to action with his new look would result in running over the midcard performers and getting himself back to main event status.....but that's not happening anytime soon if he's losing to Dolph Ziggler.

I didn't hate Extreme Rules but after watching it I had a reaction along the lines of "so what?". There was zero reason to even watch this pay per view and I think most of us knew that coming in. Seth Rollins' title reign is going to be complete and utter shit while boring the hell out of me. All we are waiting on is Lesnar to return to destroy him so WWE is basically put on hold like it has been since Lesnar became unstoppable. I would rather not watch boring Raws with the Authority and Rollins with Rollins winning the next 2 or 3 pay per views by escaping with the title against dull opponents like Reigns and Orton. The interest isn't there at all for me.

I guess we are heading towards another completely not needed rematch between Cena and Rusev. This wasn't the most interesting feud when I first read about it being rumored for the Wrestlemania season and it's gotten even less interesting since then. Rusev losing while looking like a fool 3 times in a row to Cena is not going to do him any favors whatsoever. And for the love of all things good and holy can Cena act like he went through SOME adversity in any of his feuds? After every match he looks like he went jogging for 2 minutes and is all smiles and happy go lucky. Not like he went through a war or anything. It made Wyatt look worthless and it's doing the same to Rusev. They both look like flies Cena swat away without any difficulty. If he's going to win would it kill him to at least be carried out or show that it was a hard fought victory to give his opponent SOME credibility? I never really get on Cena but that is something that has always bothered me.

Big Show and Reigns was entertaining and we are probably getting another match at Payback because...well why not? WWE is already not interesting in any way shape or form right now. Might as well go all the way to hell since they're practically there anyway.

Nothing else to really point out. At this point for me just watching the pay per views will be just a Sunday night thing to do if nothing else is going on. I haven't wasted my time with Raw since after Wrestlemania and from what I can tell, I haven't missed anything great.

A lot of negativity in this post obviously. I am not anti WWE, but it was just painfully obvious how dull the WWE landscape was going to look the next few months the moment Seth Rollins won the title at Wrestlemania. It's not his fault, but WWE's for no interesting feuds or stories being developed until Lesnar comes out of witness protection again.

It was an ok show. Obviously not better than Mania but nothing really disappointed.

They could easily have done more with the street fight. It was a great idea that was poorly executed. Sheamus/Ziggler was decent if not a little short. I did like the ending that protected both guys - to an extent.

Cena v Rusev was fine but was the worst effort out of their three matches. The gimmick sort of hindered them but I expect the I Quit match to be far better. The Divas match was fun. The fact both are heels is a little odd but Naomi got screwed out the win and really impressed. Who knew she could pull of some of those moves.

The tag match was really enjoyable. I'm glad they got good time and the tag division is once again building momentum. Cesaro and Kidd are phenomenal and the New Day are benefiting from a change in character. I reckon the three of them can achieve a lot and I look forward to a rematch between the two teams.

Orton v Rollins was a tad underwhelming. These two are better than that and proved it at Mania. Indeed, I liked the finish even if it was a little predictable. Hopefully a third match is the best of the lot and sees Rollins get a big win.

Funnily enough I thought Reigns/Show was the match of the night. That's probably not saying much but I really liked it. Sure, it was a little over the top with the tables but that's to be expected. Although that chokeslam was awesome. Indeed, I would preferred if Show stayed down after that final spear but nothing is shocking with The Big Show. It was exactly what it needed to be and Reigns looked fantastic.

That's three PPV's in a row where Reigns has put on the match of the night never mind all that incredible work prior to his injury, mainly with The Shield. Things are definitely looking up and he even got a decent reaction from a Chicago crowd.

Ultimately, I enjoyed the show and there are good options going forward. You can add Ryback, Wyatt and Bryan to the next PPV and I'm very optimistic.

There was zero reason to even watch this pay per view and I think most of us knew that coming in.

As far as storyline development, that's true. Yet, it occurs to me that the reason the PPV was worth watching was the action in the ring, which is what turned most of us on to pro wrestling in the first place, right?

Even the Neville-Barrett match on the kick-off show was a highly entertaining contest. From a plotline perspective, there wasn't much to offer, so I just sat back and enjoyed what the two guys were doing in the ring. Most enjoyable, watching what Neville will become....and how hard BNB worked to help get him there.

I didn't see a bad match in the bunch. Even the diva contest offered twists & turns in momentum that makes it hard to turn away.

We've gotten so wrapped up in storylines that it's important to stop and remember what's behind all that. After all the promos, backstage attacks and bullshit from the announcers, it all comes down to what happens after the bell rings.

For the build which wasn't really much, and the fact that we didn't find out till that day Bryan wouldn't be around, it was not a bad show overall.

Barrett v Neville was just fantastic. Both guys really brought it to the ring and put on a good show. Neville with his high flying tactics should go far, and Barrett if and when he can't perform anymore should boot JBL out of his chair and take over on commentary. Really good start to the night and got the crowd going.

Ambrose v Harper loved this match and the fact that it continued after another match. Both guys looked great, and it was one of the matches of the night for me. My son said after they left the arena, they're probably at a drive thru having dinner, which made me laugh. But all in all it was a good opening and seemed to stun Michael Cole, which is always a good thing.

Cena v Rusev this was the weakest match of the three they've had so far. I didn't like the having to hit the turnbuckles in the way they did it. One should have had to carry the other one around while they were doing it. It just seemed way to easy. And what is this shit with Rusev stopping in the middle of the fight to banish Lana from the ring. That was dumb.

Nikki Bella v Naomi best thing about this match was Naomi's shoes, they lit up. Other than that it was pretty predictable. Naomi still is not getting over with me for some reason. Yes she's very athletic in the ring, but I just wish we had more competition in this division. AJ is gone, Paige is out and most of the rest are crap, so we have 3 Diva's. Pretty poor. We need a call up from NXT like yesterday.

New Day v Kiddesaro was a great match. I'm really coming around to Tyson Kidd who can bring it when he wants. Cesaro is a just a freak of nature, the guy is so strong. New Day, well I just don't like the whole gimmick, and so sorry to see Kofi getting booed. Xavier Woods bugs the hell out of me for some reason, and always has. It was a fun time though. Highlight of the match was Nattie coming around and belting Woods.

Orton v Rollins was so predictable. As soon as Kane was announced as the gatekeeper you knew there would be shenanigans of some sort. Waiting for him to snap completely is now the highlight of any Authority matches. Seth needed to win and he did, but with a lot of help as usual. He's a much better wrestler than that, but he's a heel and I get it, I just wish he would win clean once.

Big Show v Reigns surprised everyone I think in the arena that night. Last man standing matches have the tendency to do one of two things either be great or suck the life out of the room. The one was really good. Reigns did what he has to do to get the fans back on his side, and against another charisma vacuum in Big Show, so double props to him. Hopefully this feud is now dead in the water and we'll not see them together again.

In short it was a decent PPV, could have been better but considering one match had to be changed it turned okay. Crowd was into it and that's always a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back