WWE Extreme Rules 2015 General Card & Results Discussion

Do you like the ER card?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
WrestleMania 31 is just two weeks away and I felt it would be pretty interesting to see people's early ER predictions or fanasty cards.

(WWE World Hvt. Title) Roman Reigns (c) vs. Dean Ambrose- I predict that at WrestleMania 31 Seth will attempt to cash in. However, he will not get the chance to because Brock F-5's him turning face after a hard fought battler with Reigns saying he earned his respect. The next night Roman will challenge Seth to a title match WITHOUT the briefcase on the line. In the match Seth will get his self intentionally disqualified using a steel chair and will continue to beat Roman with it before attempting to cash in. Once again his plan is stopped and Ambrose holds on his promise and stops it and gets in the ring and hold Reigns hand up before turning heel on him out of jealousy as Seth escapes up the ramp . I see these two feuding leading into the Summer with Seth's eventual cash in,giving us a Shield triple threat at Summerslam.

Seth Rollins /w/ Paul Heyman vs. Triple H Triple H loses to Sting and turns face after and the next night is apologizing to the fans before Seth interrupts and ask him what he is doing. Triple H tells him he is doing the right thing. Seth say's he understands before Triple H begins to walk away and Seth hits him with the briefcase and hits curb stomp. The next week Seth is bitching about not havin a opponent for Extreme Rules when Triple H returns and beats him up and tells him you do now.

(WWE US Title) Randy Orton vs. Rusev (c)- Rusev takes out Cena at Mania and comes out the next night on Raw calling his self "the new legend killer." Randy Orton makes his way out and RKO's him and his music never stops.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan- Sheamus returns at Mania and cost Bryan the IC title in the ladder match when he is about to win.

Bray Wyatt vs. Masked Kane (1997 attire/ wishful thinking) (unless he retires with Taker at Mania)- After defeating Taker or taking out Taker at Mania. The next night Wyatt brags about it and Kane in his 1997 attire and music makes his way down and get's in Wyatts face (cue the This is Awesome chants.) The two brawl with Wyatt in control before he get's a chokeslam.

(IC Title) Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Luke Harper- I would have Ziggler win the strap at Mania and hold on to it before turning heel and facing Bryan for the title at Summerslam.

Goldust vs. Stardust- End this feud and end Goldust career here making Cody return out of shock of what he just did and turning face.

(WWE Tag Titles) Brass Ring Club (c) vs. The Uso's vs. The Accension /w/ Paul Heyman- Have the BRC and Uso's feud continue it's been pretty decent. Have The Accension take out both teams with Heyman as their new manager.

Big Show vs. Ryback- Ryback needs a big feud and to slowly rise to his position as the new era will be here and he needs to beat Big Show and get rid of him. He can maybe even end his career in their final battle.

WWE Diva's title Paige vs. AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella- Paige over and take the title and celebrates with AJ before both are attacked by a debuting Charlotte who holds the diva's title up in the air.

Predicting is pretty difficult so I'll just do what I'd realistically like to see.

Extreme Rules for the WWE WHC: Roman Reigns (C) vs Sheamus. Sheamus wins the Andre the Giant battle royal and turns heel. Goes after Roman and these two would put on a fantastic war. Sheamus is criminally underrated and I have all the faith in the world in Roman, this would be a great match.

Steel Cage: Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins. Rollins wins at Mania but is now without Triple H/Steph. Orton takes out the rest of The Authority in the weeks leading to this and this is his opportunity to all but kill Rollins. Write him off TV for a month or so which leads to his cash in.

Last Man Standing for the US title: Rusev vs John Cena (c). I reckon Cena wins at Mania and him and last man standing matches are a go-to combination. The winner could be either guy but I think Cena is due a little break.

Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan. Win or lose Bray against Taker, will need something big. I can't see Bryan winning the IC title so may as well put them together.

IC title: Dean Ambrose (c) vs Bad News Barrett vs Dolph Ziggler. Pretty simply here. Through in Ziggler to give this match a different feel and to get him on the card.

Tag titles: Cesaro and Kidd (c) vs The New Day. I reckon The New Day will get a push and this could be a table match or something.

Divas Title: Brie (c) vs Charlotte. I can imagine they just get the belt on her as soon as possible. Just like they did with Paige.

I reckon this is a decent card. Plus either Stardust vs Goldust or Miz v Mizdow. I do think, however, that the latter can be drawn out even longer. Maybe a match involving Adrian Neville too.

Handicap WWE World Heavyweight Championship match
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Big Show and Kane
The Authority didn't want Reigns to win the Royal Rumble match. They didn't want Reigns to main event WrestleMania. Now, they're going to try to get the title off Reigns with Big Show and Kane.

No Holds Barred Singles match
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
Orton defeated Rollins at WM 31. However, The Authority puts them in a rematch in a match that should help Rollins' odds in winning.

Last Man Standing United States title match
John Cena (c) vs. Rusev
Cena overcame the odds at WrestleMania by defeating Rusev. However, Rusev uses his rematch clause to face Cena in what should be the final showdown between the two.

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
The inevitable Bryan/Sheamus match was bound to happen after Sheamus made his long awaited return and cost Bryan from winning the IC title at WM.

Triple Threat Intercontinental Championship match
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. BNB vs. Dolph Ziggler
The match that should have happened at WM. Ambrose has his WrestleMania moment finally winning the IC title. However, the past two champs are still after the championship.

WWE Tag Team title match
Cesaro and Kidd (c) vs. The Usos
Depending on how serious Jey Uso' injury is, The Usos may not compete at WrestleMania. However, they get their shot at Extreme Rules after defeating New Day, Los Matadores and PTP to be the new #1 contenders for the tag team titles.

Miz vs. Damien Sandow
After weeks of teasing the breakup of Miz and Mizdow, the breakup finally happened on the RAW after WrestleMania, the night after Mizdow won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal leading to a singles match between the two.

Triple Threat Divas Championship match
AJ Lee vs. Nikki Bella (c) w/Brie Bella vs. Paige
AJ Lee and Paige captured the win over the Bella Twins at WrestleMania. For consecutive weeks, Nikki lost to Paige and AJ Lee in non-title matches. However, there can only be one Divas Championship which leads to a match between the three.

Eh, I actually really like Sheamus v.s Reigns.

Here's mine:

WWEWHC
Reigns v. Sheamus
I'm going to use the premise in the first response. Sheamus is highly underrated, and he'd be a great heel to Roman's face. Sheamus wins the Andre Battle Royal, hopefully using some awesome scumbag heel tactics.

WWE US Title
Cena v. Rusev
Cena wins at WM31 by count-out or DQ because Lana interferes. Cena demands his swing match for the belt, and he gets it. Again, I wouldn't hate a LMS, but any match between the two is just a great match. Give it a gimmick since we're at ER.

IC Belt
Daniel Bryan v. Barrett v. Ambrose v. Ziggler (Some sort of gimmick 4-way)
Bryan wins at WM31, and Barrett gets his rematch clause. Cage match. Whatever.

Tag Belts
Brass Ring Club v. New Days
No other face tag teams really exist. Tyson Kidd is too good to be where he is. Again, whatever.

Diva's Belt
Paige v. AJ
It's a good time to bring up Charlotte. Have her interfere in this match as a heel.

Non-Belt matches
Rollins v. Lesnar v. Orton v. Big Show v. Kane v. HHH in the Elimination Chamber. (my fantasy is that Lesnar sticks around) Rollins causes Lesnar to lose the belt at Wrestlemania, Orton wants Rollins, the rest of the Authority is going to help Rollins get his win and his revenge.

Bray Wyatt should not be able to return to action after beating the Undertaker. It should require him to take time away from wrestling to make sure he isn't going too deep, or some other stupid garbage that would fit his gimmick.

WHC Match-Cage Match- Reigns Vs Rollins (c)- After a Rollins cash in, we get this feud for a few months

IC Title- Iron Man Match - Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan (c)- enough said, would be awesome

US Title Match - Submission Match- Cena (c) vs Rusev- I think Rusev passes out at Mania, leading to this match that ends the feud

Divas Title: Fatal 4 Way Elimination-Charlotte vs Aj vs Paige vs Nikki (c)- a cool ending would be the three wrestlers destroying nikki and Brie and "changing the face" of the diva.

Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose- Extreme Rules Match- perfect opponent for Sheamus to turn hee against, maybe the thrid(?) most over guy on the roster.

Preshow: Tag Title Match- Table Match- Kidd/Cesaro vs Usos (if healthy)

I'm not sure about anything else on ER, but I tell you two matches that need to happen.

WWE Heavyweight Title: Bryan vs. Brock (I still hold out hope god dammit)

WWE US Title: Rusev vs. Reigns or Cena vs. Reigns, depending on what happens in two weeks. Whatever. This is Reigns chance for redemption after a shocking (& lets be honest, I would be pretty shocking) loss at Mania.

April pay per views are usually just rematches from Wrestlemania with one big new feud thrown in to make things interesting. I wouldn't expect much from this event. The OP's ideas are probably better than whatever WWE has planned. Which is probably this...

WWE Championship
Roman Reigns (C) def Big Show

(Show has a pinfall victory over Reigns so I think he's first in line if Reigns is champion after Mania. Hopefully Brock is still champion and we don't have to sit through this)

U.S Championship
John Cena (C) def Rusev

I.C Championship
Daniel Bryan (C) def Sheamus

(Sheamus wins the battle royal. Turns heel the next night on Raw setting up the inevitable feud with Bryan.)

Seth Rollins def Randy Orton
(Orton will unfortunately win at Mania, Seth will win the rematch and hopefully the rubber match in May when this feud gets put to rest)

Tag Titles
The New Day def The Brass Ring Club

(I hate this idea but I read that WWE is instituting the Freebird rule with the tag titles which must mean The New Day (the only 3 man team on the roster) is on the verge of winning the tag team titles. Hopefully theyll turn heel and ditch their horrendously bad gimmick if they indeed win the titles)

Stardust def Goldust
Dean Ambrose def Luke Harper
Barrett def Ziggler
Paige def Nikki

I've got one word to describe your Extreme Rules predictions and I'm gonna spell it out for ya.
S A W F T! Saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwft

Who are you talking too? You should quote who you're referring to.

I'm assuming it's the op.

If so, I would say their predictions are anything but soft.
Ambrose turning heel.
Triple H turning face.

Those are pretty bold predictions. I don't think theyll happen, although it would be more interesting than what undoubtedly will happen. Which is probably Reigns vs Big Show. Hopefully Lesnar retains so we don't have to see that.

WWE Championship Match
(c)Seth Rollins Vs Randy Orton

Street Fight
Roman Reigns Vs Sheamus
Sheamus turns heel night after wrestlemania after winning battle royal. On raw he attacks the New Champion Reigns and knocks him out allowing Seth Rollins to cash in his Money In The Bank.

Intercontinental Championship
30 Minute Iron Man Match

(c)Daniel Bryan Vs Dolph Ziggler

Bray Wyatt vs Kane
(Kane returns to the darkside one last time and avenges The Undertaker after Bray Wyatt sets him on fire in a casket at Wrestlemania)

US Championship
Submission Match

(c)John Cena Vs Rusev
Lana throws in the towel for Rusev at Wrestlemania when Cena applies the STF.... and they go at it one more time in a submission match.

Damien Mizdow Vs The Miz

Tag Team Championship Match
(c)Brass Ring Club Vs Sin Cara/Kallisto

Divas Championship
(c)Nikki Bella Vs AJ Lee Vs Paige Vs Brie Bella (First Pinfall wins the Title)

Who are you talking too? You should quote who you're referring to.

I'm assuming it's the op.

If so, I would say their predictions are anything but soft.
Ambrose turning heel.
Triple H turning face.

Those are pretty bold predictions. I don't think theyll happen, although it would be more interesting than what undoubtedly will happen. Which is probably Reigns vs Big Show. Hopefully Lesnar retains so we don't have to see that.
I Was Just joking i was about to reply after that and my phone died.

Now that Wrestlemania is put to bed it looks like the card for Extreme Rules could be...

WWE Title
Seth Rollins (c) vs Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton

Roman Reigns will definitely stay in the title picture and Orton beating the future champ has elevated himself into the title picture. I see them doing a Triple Threat in order to solidify Rollins as a legit champ and beating Reigns and Orton will do that.

United States Title
John Cena (c) vs Rusev

This one hasn't ended yet. They are tied 1-1 and Rusev will get his rematch. Making this an extreme rules match keeps Rusev looking strong from a 'clean pin' and Cena will retain.

Intercontinental Title
Daniel Bryan (c) vs Sheamus

Sheamus is due to return and it looks like he will be a heel. Daniel Bryan has gone on record a few times saying Sheamus is one of his favourite workers so I see them going down this route. Bad News Barrett will get his rematch on Raw where Bryan will go over.

I hope they don't give us everything at once. I like the idea of Orton waiting to face Rollins. He still hasn't got his rematch from last year so who the hell is going to give him a match this year. Also don't do Reigns/Show. The poor guy just lost the biggest match of his career; give him a chance. Miz/Mizdow still has legs in it and they can maybe wait until the next PPV. I'd even suggest Sheamus/Bryan waits until the next PPV. There are natural options to make this PPV good. They don't need to give everything away at once and then have a filler PPV before, say, Summerslam. Even with the Lucha Dragons. There would be no need to have them challenge for the tag-titles immediately. Neville doesn't need to be on PPV straight away either.

I'd go for:

Reigns v Rollins (c)
Orton v Wyatt
Cena (c) v Rusev
Bryan (c) v Barrett
Ziggler v Sheamus - Intercontinental Title number one contender match
Cesaro and Kidd (c) v New Day
AJ v Paige v Nikki (c)

Include whatever gimmick matches and that is pretty good. Cage, LMS and Extreme rules. Maybe a tag-team table match too.

You'd still have Ambrose, Harper, Neville, Stardust, Miz, Mizdow, Ryback, Show, Kane and potentially Charlotte to get onto that card. You could easily have Ambrose v Miz on the pre-show which is just on the Network. That way Ambrose gets a fairly big win and maybe Mizdow helps beat the crap out of him.

This could be a pretty good show and I like where they are going. All the championships are interesting and there is a large group of talent I want to see have long matches.

Rollins (C) beats Orton
I think this will be an awesome match, and whilst it is likely to have an Extreme Rules stipulation I hope there is little to no interference. I could see Rollins win this with a roll-up holding the tights, or something to extend the feud to another PPV

Daniel Bryan (C) beats Bad News Barrett
I hope this gets given a good amount of time. Barrett can really go, just rarely given the chance. Hopefully a good showing for Barrett can keep him relevant, but knowing recent booking he will fade away until they need another transitional IC champ

Sheamus beats Dolph Ziggler
This should be a brutal match and maybe put Ziggler out for a few months. I love Ziggler, but I can't see him claiming any midcard titles soon and he is so far from the world title now. Be a great way to make Sheamus look strong to eventually set up a showdown with Bryan.

Cena (C) beats Rusev
I want Rusev to win and I think he should. But Cena probably will end up winning. I like the idea of adding legitimacy to the title, but I worry he will just end up beating too many midcard stars on TV during his reign.

AJ beats Bella (C)
She got her to tap out at Mania, this is likely to set up a one on one match at Extreme Rules. Hopefully AJ can get the title back, just so less of the Bellas on TV

Kidd and Cesaro (C) beat Prime Time Players or New Day
Not sure where they will go with this. I would hope for a multi team extreme rules match or even just a 2-on-2 ladder match. I see this being a quick and pointless tag match though.

Reigns beats Kane or Big Show
Ryback beats Kane or Big Show via DQ
I think these will happen unfortunately just to pad out the show. Reigns needs a match go give him so momentum again, but who will he face? A match against a proven Authority member is likely, but I can see being extremely disappointing. As for Ryback he appears anti-Authority but they keep refusing to pull the plug

Mizdow beats Miz (pre show)
I worry this feud will lose momentum, it kind of already has. This had potential but creative were too slow pulling the plug and with Big Show winning the Battle Royal the elimination ended up meaning very little.

alright here is a slight change of what I originally came up with.

(c)Rollins Vs Orton

Roman Reigns Vs Bray Wyatt (You could have Wyatt really try to get into the head of Roman Reigns and get him to turn on the fans. The Ascension come out during this match aligning with an injured Wyatt to help him pull out the win.

(c)Cena Vs Rusev Submission Match

(c)Bryan Vs Barrett Vs Ziggler Vs Sheamus (4 Way Elimination)

TLC Grudge Match
Dean Ambrose Vs Luke Harper

Loser Has To to be Other Persons Assistant
Mizdow Vs The Miz

Tag Team Tables Match
(c)Nikkia Bella/Brie Bella Vs Paige/???Mystery Partner(Charlotte)

Pre Show
(c)Brass Ring Club Vs New Day

If this ppv is booked right it could be a decent ppv tbh and they need to add a stipulation to the majority of the matches to make it interesting in some way with Aj gone Brock suspended and Cena and Bryan holding the mid-card titles my card would be something like this:

Pre-Show
The Ascensions Vs The Uso Vs The Prime Time Players Vs Los Matadore
Four Corner Elimination Number 1 Contenders Tag Team Title Match. I would have this on the Pre-Show with Young and O'Neil winning the match and becoming number 1 contenders to the tag titles.

1) The Miz Vs Mizdow
Falls Count Anywhere Match. Put this on the main show and have Mizdow win the match.

2) Dean Ambrose Vs Luke Harper
Contract on a Pole Match. This match will have the winner face the IC champ at a later date with Ambrose winning the match.

3) Nikki Bella (C) Vs Paige Vs Natalya Vs Naomi
Fatal 4 Way Diva's Title Match. Give Nikki a real challange and have her retain the title.

4) Cesaro & Tyson Kidd (C) Vs The New Day
Tag Team Title Ladder Match. I would like to see this match at the ppv with the champs walking out the winners after a hard fought match.

5) Ryback Vs Bray Wyatt
Steel Cage Match. I think these two should be put together and have Wyatt win in a cage.

6) Daniel Bryan (C) Vs Bad News Barrett Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Sheamus
Fatal 4 Way Intercontinetal Title Match. This match needs to happen with Bryan getting the win and Sheamus attacking him after the bout.

7) John Cena (C) Vs Rusev
United States Title Last Man Standing Match. Make this a Last Man Standing Match heir feet and have this match a draw to still make Rusev with both men failing to make it to their feet.

8) Seth Rollins (C) Vs Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton
Wwe Worldheavyweight Title Triple Threat Extreme Rules Match. This match should happen with Rollins retaining the title after the Authority take out Orton and have Rollins pin Reigns and build Rollins vs Orton for Payback.

I have to say that I'm actually liking it. It's not stand-out amazing by any means and not a lot of the matches are new per se, but something about it looks kinda neat to me.

The only thing I'm kind of apathetic to right now is Show/Reigns and I am hoping Rollins/Orton goes on after them as I think it'll be better in terms of crowd reactions (however Last Man Standing is often a top-of-card match). WWE has to know that Rollins/Orton more over as a match.

Anyway the midcard looks stacked to me, only thing I'd like to see is maybe a tag title match for the opener.

If Bryan/Barrett is cut short/cancelled, I hope there is a suitable match for Barrett/new challenger over a vacant title. I like Barrett but I don't know if the title should go back on him, he seems to be the kind of guy who they put the IC strap on when they're not sure what to do with it these days.

What do you think so far?

For some reason this feels like a let down. Might be because it's the PPV after Mania, but I'm just not feeling this one at all. Could also be the fact that Daniel Bryan is a question mark, Paige is injured, AJ retired and Jey Uso is on the shelf. Seems like a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks.

As for the matches, the standout should be Rollins/Orton. If Orton isn't phoning it in, it has all the making for one hell of a match. I see Rollins retaining though, too early yet for him to lose the title, and this takes care of the Orton's rematch clause from last year.

Not at all interested in Sheamus/Ziggler. I like Ziggler but can't stand Sheamus and usually find something else to do when he is on screen.

Cena and Rusev is predictable. Again Cena should retain, if he doesn't what was the point of him beating Rusev at Mania.

Bryan and BNB is still up in the air. If Bryan can't compete, I see possibly a fatal 4 way for the title or a number one contenders match, between Ambrose, Harper and whoever else doesn't have a match that night.

The one match I'm not looking forward too is Reigns/Big Show. What a borefest this is going to be. We've seen it before way too many times, and if it ends up closing the show, both will probably get booed out of the arena. Actually they might get booed anyway wherever they place this match.

So yea not a sterling PPV coming up, and chances are I might just work that night and watch the highlights when I get home after it moves to the on demand channel.

We're some weeks after Mania and we are heading towards ER with many good matches and awful stipulations. Lets start.

Seth Rollins(c) vs Randy Orton
Steel cage match and Randy not being able to use the RKO.
On the one hand,Seth's choice was brilliant;however,the steel cage match is just crap choice. Randy wants to avoid the authority but steel cage has no roof Mr. Genius. A hell in a cell fits more but Pg era etc.

John Cena(c) vs Rusev
Russian chain match
I don't really believe that this one will be a good one because its sure they will not bleed thus the chain will not be used much as a weapon. I would rather see a Last Man Standing match. HELL YEAH. Two monsters but maybe because last year Cena had a last man standing match,now it can't happen.

Roman Reigns vs Big Show
Last man Standing Match.
Noooo. We all agree that this feud should die..Now. Vince believes this match is kind of a push for Reigns but no one gives nothing for them. I prefer to see them have a steel cage match. I believe that we will witness Bray Wyatt's interference .

Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler
Kiss my arse match.
What were the creative thinking?? A nice pair that can make a great match is destroyed by a humiliation of the loser. I see a falls count anywhere or even a no dq match more preferable.

Do you agree that the stipulation booking is terrible??

No I don't agree that the stipulation booking is terrible. But I also wished for a Hell in a Cell match to the clash between Seth Rollins and Randy Orton. Other than that I've no issues with the stipulations so far.

And I really don't want a Last man standing match for the US title. Because apparently Last man standing match for John Cena is like Ladders match for Edge, Hell in a Cell match for The Undertaker and so on. That stipulation will make John Cena looks stronger but its Rusev who challenged Cena so its how stipulation, Russian chain match. I don't complain much!

Cheers!!

I wouldn't call the stipulations terrible, as they could be a lot worse. However, they're also not the best of choices at all (well, one is pretty nifty). I think "rather bad" is more suitable than "terrible". If we're breaking things down match-by-match:

--

Seth Rollins(c) vs Randy Orton

Randy not being able to use the RKO isn't exactly "extreme", however it was a great heel tactic by Seth, and they both got to pick a stipulation, so that gets a pass. Steel cages, however, have more interference than they don't, and I am just not a fan of how they play out these days. Hell in a Cell would be much more fitting, even more reason to not have it designated to a PPV. So, I can't really think of a better "non-interference" style match. Orton could have said "Authority banned from ringside", but then we have a straight one-on-one match for the main event of "Extreme Rules".

John Cena(c) vs Rusev

This is the "nifty" one I mentioned. It's rather original, and leaves room to believe Rusev could win (Cena isn't losing any Last Man Standing or I Quit matches). However, instead of the four corner idea, I'd just have them tied with the chain, and have it be a pinfall/submission victory. That would be quite the intense match. But, either way, I like the idea of this match.

Roman Reigns vs Big Show

A Last Man Standing match isn't the best way to go for these fellas, believe that. I can see what they are going for: having Reigns overcome the giant, beating him to a pulp so bad, he cannot even answer a 10-count. It would be nice, but a LMS match should be a longer match, something that isn't really the best for a guy the size of Big Show. They could have a MUCH better outcome by going with a different match: an I Quit match. It would be perfect, Reigns even said he wanted to get rid of Show. Plus, it would put Reigns over even more making the Big Show say "I quit" on PPV, maybe after beating him so bad it actually puts him out for a while. That would get much more people on Roman's side.

Sheamus vs Dolph Ziggler

They just wanted an excuse to have Sheamus say "arse" a lot, and have it in a match name. Give them an extreme rules match, and have 'em go at it.

--

So, as I said, not "terrible", just "rather bad". One half (S v. DZ/RR v. BS) need a completely new stipulation, while the other half (SR v. RO/JC v. R) aren't bad, but could do with a minor tweak.

Rollins vs Orton

I like the RKO banned stipulation as it sells Rollins as the heel. I don't mind the cage, but I don't remember the last time any structure really kept any heel factions from getting involved. Hell in a Cell would have been great, if it weren't for that damn fall PPV. WWE really needs to do away with that event to add mystique back to the stipulation.

Cena vs Rusev

This stipulation is flat out boring. Oh no! Cena could lose the title without being pinned, give me a break. I would actually like to see Rusev win this and let Cena chase the title again. The monster has been pinned, the Accolade has been broken, he needs a win to pick up steam, not touch four corners before Cena does.

Lots of guys saying last man standing here, but that gives me nightmares of duct tape. Cena vs Rusev 30 minute iron man match. Russia, iron curtain, makes sense. Rusev is the super athlete and he's knocked Cena out before.

Reigns vs Show

Last man standing is ok, but these guys should not be having a long match. Reigns needs to annihilate his opponent. Last man standing could allow for that. I don't see I quit as being viable, both are heavy hitters and neither guy has a submission hold in their regular repertoire (not that you need them).

I would have made this a tables match. Reigns spearing Show through one would have high impact. Last man standing is a close second for me. Reigns will more than likely get up from the WMD. Whatever happens, Reigns must win. No Authority screwjob, no setting up Reigns next opponent, unless that happens after Reigns wins.

Sheamus vs Ziggler

What should be an exciting wrestling match has turned into a joke. Does embarrassing either men after the match draw? Does Sheamus lose his first PPV outing after his monster heel turn? Do you embarrass one the most over faces on the roster? Dolph could use a win too. This stipulation just plain stinks, does noting for the talent or the promotion at large.

If it had to be an Irish stip, why not a pub brawl? Finlay had that Belfast Brawl stip, which if I'm not mistaken was a street fight. Hell, bring in old Fit and have a good old fashioned Shillelagh on pole match for crying out loud.

We get it, Sheamus is from Ireland, must his stips revolve around that? I would have preferred these guys in two out of three falls. Not that extreme, but add no holds barred and you leave room for a great wrestling match with some extreme spots.

Whatever happens, I hope to hell the loser worms his way out of this. That or Bryan's health winds up causing these men to be folded into the IC title situation. Hopefully someone talked some sense into Vince over the weekend.

I've always figured that as long as WWE keeps the Extreme Rules pay-per-view around, every match should have some sort of extreme stipulation. Some can be a little whacky, like a Stretcher Match, but this year WWE had some great opportunities and didn't really take them.

I'm perfectly fine with a Steel Cage Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The cage provides Rollins some great opportunities for some big dives, and Orton is known for diving from time to time. The banning of the RKO is also an interesting one; it will provide a different dynamic to the match. Other than that, I think some changes should have occurred.

Firstly, John Cena (c) vs. Rusev for the WWE United States Championship should be a Last Man Standing Match. I know, Cena in a match like this is almost like what the streak was to Undertaker, he isn't going to lose. But this could have been a brutal stipulation to allow Rusev to go all out here. Real emphasis on a title match like this too. Cena winning is not an issue with me with this stipulation or the seemingly lame Russian Chain Match, but whatever. This would effectively mean Big Show vs. Roman Reigns (which should have ended four months ago) can't be a Last Man Standing Match; perhaps a simple No Holds Barred Match of some sorts? Let them beat the crap out of each other and let Reigns get the pin and end this shit.

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Bad News Barrett for the WWE Intercontinental Championship hopefully still goes ahead. If so, as said, I think a stipulation should definitely be added. Something like a Stretcher Match of sorts is whacky enough to be interesting while also allowing the two of them to go at it. The match is rarely used too, so I'd like to see it back. Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus has an awful stipulation, no two ways about it. I actually wouldn't mind a Strap Match of sorts here instead of the US title match because it would kinda suit what Sheamus is going for with this new character. As for the WWE Divas Championship match, a women's variation of No Holds Barred has been done before, so do it again.

Okay, how did you guys find Extreme Rules?

Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler was perhaps the best in-ring match of the night. I expected a great match from those two and it was a great match. I didn't particularly like the ending, but I was guessing as much when the match ended with Sheamus losing. That seemed like the best path to take. While I have some mixed feelings about how the match unfolded, the match itself was good. 7/10

Big Show vs. Roman Reigns. Contrary to what most people feel about them, I expected this to be a good match. I've seen what each of these individuals can do and believe they could deliver, and I'm glad they did. The match was well paced and the story told well. 7/10

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton. The one thing I dislike about cage matches is they are often obscured by the cage, and I can't really watch it properly. Though this match was well planned and perfectly choreographed, one thing it lacked is intensity. 6.5/10

The tag team match between Cesaro & Kidd vs. The New Day was fairly decent. 6.5/10

John Cena vs. Rusev was a little disappointing. I could be wrong, but Rusev looks like he is slacking, he had better find his motivations back... John Cena has had better matches on RAW than this match. 6.5/10

All in all, I would rate Extreme Rules as a B or a B+. Though it wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular either.

PPV reaction and thoughts

Pre-show Neville vs BNB

Barrett continues to be portrayed as the perennial loser. Neville doesn't need wins to be over, impresses nonetheless.

Ambrose Vs Luke Harper

I thought this was good all around. Not incredible, but good. The right man won, Ambrose's PPV losing streak is finally broken. No idea what the point was of the splitting up of the match. I thought we would wind up seeing this minimum of three times, and I was surprised when they ended it with the second time. I would added something outside the arena, either live or pretaped. What was the point?

Sheamus vs Dolph

They had their cake and ate it too. Dolph won but received the loser treatment. This stipulation was garbage. Decent match between the two, one of the best they've had.

Cesaro/Kidd vs New day

Match of the night in my opinion. I thought it was a great pace, some excellent spots. Kidd/Cesaro took to their new face roles very well. That Cesaro swing to dropkick double team is sick and I hope they keep using it. New Day's new double team looked good too. New Day winning furthers their heel run, looking forward to the former champs chasing the titles.

Cena vs Rusev

Worst match of the night. I was so bored and their seemed to be a lot of flawed logic with when the corner touches were waived off. Lana and Rusev not getting along does nothing for me. The I quit stip for the next match is awful, unless Rusev wins via shenanigans.

Nikki vs Naomi

This match was above average for main roster divas action, though I'm baffled by the booking. Brie and Nikki smile when heading to the ring now so they must be faces, but they didn't have a major turn. WWE have booked Naomi as a strong face and didn't leave enough time for the heel turn to air, so she was still cheered slightly. What was the point of Naomi's heel turn and attack on Paige if she wasn't winning here?

Reigns vs Show

This was much better than expected, I actaully thought they might have Show go over Reigns for a second there. Not sure what the ending was meant to set up if anything. Reigns had to hold Show down with a table, or was Show truly beaten? The complaint most people had going in was this wouldn't get Reigns anywhere is true. Despite a great performance, I don't think much changed for him. I still have faith he'll blossom, I would like him to knock off the corny reloading of the fist, he's not winning over the older male crowd that way.

Rollins vs Orton

The match was good, Rollins looked great. Loved Orton hitting the pedigree and Rollins using the RKO. It would be hilarious if Rollins continues using it and Triple H bans Orton from using it. Kane's involvement was dumb, no questions were answered about Kane. He took out his frustations on Rollins, but also helped him retain. This angle sucks, keep Kane out of the main event, he's fine as a stooge. The heels need to start getting along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back