• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Royal Rumble 2015 **Official** General Discussion Aftermath Thread

This is true when you're talking about the fans who are in the minority... but for the last TWO YEARS the majority of fans have been clamoring for Daniel Bryan. This is not something that's hard to tell for the company, for fucks sake! When D-Bry is in the building, he's usually getting the biggest pops of the night. Last year they cut off the legs of his feud with Orton/Authority and then had to shoe horn him into the main event. This year, all they had to do was keep him in the Rumble until the final four... but what happened? They had him unceremoniously eliminated in a throwaway spot. THAT'S STUPID. He saved Wrestlemania last year, the least they could do is make him look as strong as possible.

The E can't please everyone all of the time, but with that kind of booking they're just not pleasing anyone at all.

You're right. For the last TWO YEARS the majority of fans have been clamoring for Daniel Bryan (well, not counting the past 9 due to the injury, but point taken) and you know what happened? You know what happened? HE BEAT TRIPLE H and then WON THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA IN THE SAME NIGHT, and through no fault of their own, he got injured! Are you being serious right now? You're sitting there and acting as if they did not listen to the fans as it relates to Daniel Bryan after watching Wrestlemania 30??

This does not follow. Reigns has traditionally been cheered and has been very over for most of his career up until maybe a couple of weeks ago. Rusev was not. Batista had not been cheered as a face for several years. Therefore, this is a faulty comparison. The only "not" that applies is "Reigns is not Bryan' thus Reigns is booed. Reigns is a "Superman character" who they are "Forcing Down our Throats," when over the years, the IWC always asks for new stars to be made. When they do make a new star, all that will happen is they will complain about him, especially and particularly if he is not a cruiserweight in size. The term "cruiserweight" is not to be disparaging. I'm a fan of Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, etc. But basically, anybody who is not a cruiserweight and is getting a super push, is destined to be booed. Especially if said wrestler is not Daniel Bryan.

Reigns has been getting a mixed reaction since the shield split. And if the person who is getting super pushed is going to be booed if they're not daniel Bryan, then there's a pretty obvious answer super push daniel bryan. Will some people sour on him? probably, I won't, but other more fickle fans will then they've fixed their problem because people won't boo the next mega star they'll embrace him. People feel Bryan hasn't gotten a fair shake and I'm inclined to agree obviously he would have reigned til summerslam last year then been destroyed by lesnar and pushed back down the card but how would that have gone? The crowd would probably rebel but who knows. He got hurt and then hasn't recieved his return from injury push. The WWE created this mess on purpose. They brought bryan back to increase interest, then gave him the only rumble based storyline, then brushed him aside. The crowd has embraced their mega star the WWE just for some reason has turned a blind eye to it.

Look, I agree, Daniel Bryan should have been booked much better at The Rumble. Much better. But I think we all know why they booked it the way they did. They booked it the way they did in the hopes that the hijackers/smart marks would calm the f**k down by the end of the match. Their gamble did not pay off. So if anything, it is their listening to the fans that MADE them book Bryan the way they did. They listen so well that they knew a shitstorm would come. What they did not count on, is it lasting for the remainder of the Royal Rumble. And who knows, if the Rumble were anywhere other than say Philly, Chicago, Jersey, or New York, maybe it would have.

You're sitting there and acting as if they did not listen to the fans as it relates to Daniel Bryan after watching Wrestlemania 30??

Obviously they didn't. If they had, he would have at least been involved in the final four. They had do do major damage control last year to save their biggest event on it's 30th Anniversary. They could have saved the headache this year. Again, Bryan did not have to win last night but please tell me, what was the point in eliminating him so early in the match? A final four elimination probably would have sat with the crowd a lot better than the way it ended up.

We would have been fine with any number of wrestlers winning... just not a few.

That's what all the Philly/Smark haters are failing to realize. It's not like the overall attitude was "Bryan or Bust"

Ziggy got a good pop and chant.
Crowd was behind Ambrose at one point.
Not a single person in that building would have booed Bray Wyatt winning from #5

So on and so forth...
Vince did the one thing that was utterly predictable, uninteresting, and forced. THE ONE THING.

Reigns has been getting a mixed reaction since the shield split. And if the person who is getting super pushed is going to be booed if they're not daniel Bryan, then there's a pretty obvious answer super push daniel bryan. Will some people sour on him? probably, I won't, but other more fickle fans will then they've fixed their problem because people won't boo the next mega star they'll embrace him. People feel Bryan hasn't gotten a fair shake and I'm inclined to agree obviously he would have reigned til summerslam last year then been destroyed by lesnar and pushed back down the card but how would that have gone? The crowd would probably rebel but who knows. He got hurt and then hasn't recieved his return from injury push. The WWE created this mess on purpose. They brought bryan back to increase interest, then gave him the only rumble based storyline, then brushed him aside. The crowd has embraced their mega star the WWE just for some reason has turned a blind eye to it.

Reigns has been getting a mixed reaction since the Shield split!?!?!? I call bullshit right off the bat and the furthest back you can POSSIBLY go is since his return, and I wouldn't even go that far. Please stop with the hyperbole.

FAIR SHAKE!?!?!? HE WON THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA JUST LAST YEAR!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN FAIR SHAKE!?!?! And if you are just talking about his current return, he's been back for LESS THAN A MONTH! So by "Fair shake" it seems you mean not winning the Royal Rumble??? He's not getting a fair shake because he's not main eventing back to back years!?!? Punk didn't even main event ONCE! You know who didn't get a fair shake!? CM Punk. The guy had the longest title reign in modern history and did not main event Wrestlemania EVER. That's not getting a fair shake. Somebody who beat HHH then Batista and Orton in the same night at Mania and NEVER LOST THE TITLE and only had to give it up due to injury (which by the way, they waited as long as possible before doing that), you call THAT not a fair shake!?

Obviously they didn't. If they had, he would have at least been involved in the final four. They had do do major damage control last year to save their biggest event on it's 30th Anniversary. They could have saved the headache this year. Again, Bryan did not have to win last night but please tell me, what was the point in eliminating him so early in the match? A final four elimination probably would have sat with the crowd a lot better than the way it ended up.

The point was to give a NEW STAR in Reigns a chance to get cheered which would never have happened if Bryan were still a factor late in the match. Am I saying it worked? Nope. Am I saying that is how I would have done it? Nope. But does it make SOME solid sense? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion on that, but I think that it does make sense. It's easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback and just look at the boos, but there is a reason why they booked it like that. As I said before, if it were anywhere other than Philly, New York, Chicago, or Jersey, the odds of Reigns being cheered would have been far greater and the fans would have been more likely to get over Bryan being eliminated.

The point was to give a NEW STAR in Reigns a chance to get cheered which would never have happened if Bryan were still a factor late in the match. Am I saying it worked? Nope. Am I saying that is how I would have done it? Nope. But does it make SOME solid sense? Everybody is entitled to their own opinion on that, but I think that it does make sense. It's easy to play Monday Morning Quarterback and just look at the boos, but there is a reason why they booked it like that. As I said before, if it were anywhere other than Philly, New York, Chicago, or Jersey, the odds of Reigns being cheered would have been far greater and the fans would have been more likely to get over Bryan being eliminated.

Wrong again.
No one wants a guy who can't cut a 5 minute promo without gagging on his words or help from his big cousin to headline WM31. NOBODY. Not Philly, not Boston, not NYC, not 5 year olds, not 55 year olds. It's that simple.

I hate to sound like Backstage Politics Hogan, but Reigns just isn't ready, brother. I'm all for creating new stars, but a big problem is that WWE has botched that opportunity for several years already and now that they want to build a new star, they're dead set on being stubborn and forcing the wrong one down everybody's throats. Daniel Bryan isn't exactly new, but he's still a fresh change of pace from a decade of Cena. Ziggler falls under that category as well. Rollins, though not a participant in the Rumble, is a better option for that new star role and his involvement in the title match proves that. Again... new stars are very important but you can't cram a square peg into a round hole and expect anyone to be impressed.

We can speculate all we want about "if it had been booked in a different city" but it wasn't, WWE knew for several months in advance that it would be taking place in Philly and if they didn't understand that Philly was going to be vocal, they've got to be fucking kidding themselves. When your business is done on the road, there is no excuse for not being able to gauge reactions in a major market city with a strong wrestling fan base.

Reigns has been getting a mixed reaction since the Shield split!?!?!? I call bullshit right off the bat and the furthest back you can POSSIBLY go is since his return, and I wouldn't even go that far. Please stop with the hyperbole.

FAIR SHAKE!?!?!? HE WON THE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA JUST LAST YEAR!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN FAIR SHAKE!?!?! And if you are just talking about his current return, he's been back for LESS THAN A MONTH! So by "Fair shake" it seems you mean not winning the Royal Rumble??? He's not getting a fair shake because he's not main eventing back to back years!?!? Punk didn't even main event ONCE! You know who didn't get a fair shake!? CM Punk. The guy had the longest title reign in modern history and did not main event Wrestlemania EVER. That's not getting a fair shake. Somebody who beat HHH then Batista and Orton in the same night at Mania and NEVER LOST THE TITLE and only had to give it up due to injury (which by the way, they waited as long as possible before doing that), you call THAT not a fair shake!?

Reigns gets his go through the crowd pop but anyone could get that. Jobby McJobberson could be cheered going through the crowd. He always got the smallest pop/heat since the shield split (not counting last night, he had all the heat, literally all of it, like people would cheer the reanimated corpse of chris benoit over Reigns) His matches get little reaction and his promos are so bad that pregnant mothers throw themselves down stiar because they don't want their child to live in a world like this. And by Fair shake i mean a title reign, the night after mania was all about the shield and pssst the shield was all about Reigns, then he goes in to a sleeper feud with Kane instead of getting the big heels who were feuding with the shield which pssst was all about Reigns. Then he got hurt. He deserved at least a strong title run.

I hate to sound like Backstage Politics Hogan, but Reigns just isn't ready, brother. I'm all for creating new stars, but a big problem is that WWE has botched that opportunity for several years already and now that they want to build a new star, they're dead set on being stubborn and forcing the wrong one down everybody's throats. Daniel Bryan isn't exactly new, but he's still a fresh change of pace from a decade of Cena. Ziggler falls under that category as well. Rollins, though not a participant in the Rumble, is a better option for that new star role and his involvement in the title match proves that. Again... new stars are very important but you can't cram a square peg into a round hole and expect anyone to be impressed.

We can speculate all we want about "if it had been booked in a different city" but it wasn't, WWE knew for several months in advance that it would be taking place in Philly and if they didn't understand that Philly was going to be vocal, they've got to be fucking kidding themselves. When your business is done on the road, there is no excuse for not being able to gauge reactions in a major market city with a strong wrestling fan base.

They're not cramming anything. What many fans fail to realize is Reigns's push is not an overnight thing. The guy was getting HUGE POPS ever since the Shield split, contrary to what one of the previous poster would have readers believe. In fact, he was getting huge pops during the Shield's face run as well. He was EXTREMELY over for a VERY long time. And who is to say if he's ready? I've been watching wrestling for over 25 years, and I think he's ready. The WWE runs the damn thing and THEY think he's ready. The f'n FANS voted him as Superstar of the Year, so those voters think he's ready. The only people who don't think he's ready is the fickle haters that goes by "IWC." Once again, any super face who is over is living on borrowed time if he is not a cruiserweight. It was bound to happen to Reigns. I just didn't think it'd happen this soon. I figured he'd at least make it through the first year or two like Batista did as a face. Any reason to hate him such as "Mic skills" and 'blah blah blah' if it ain't one thing, it'd be another. Even if he had perfect mic skills it would be that he just "has the look that Vince loves" or they will focus on subjective things like in-ring ability. It's easy to say someone is not ready in the ring when you can't be proven wrong. It's a matter of opinion. Someone's ring ability is subjective. So there is always and will always be SOMETHING to hate on if you want to.

Reigns gets his go through the crowd pop but anyone could get that. Jobby McJobberson could be cheered going through the crowd. He always got the smallest pop/heat since the shield split (not counting last night, he had all the heat, literally all of it, like people would cheer the reanimated corpse of chris benoit over Reigns) His matches get little reaction and his promos are so bad that pregnant mothers throw themselves down stiar because they don't want their child to live in a world like this. And by Fair shake i mean a title reign, the night after mania was all about the shield and pssst the shield was all about Reigns, then he goes in to a sleeper feud with Kane instead of getting the big heels who were feuding with the shield which pssst was all about Reigns. Then he got hurt. He deserved at least a strong title run.

Right. Let's just agree to disagree. Clearly the guy has been getting cheered for over a year through his entrance, (something that obviously not everybody is cheered for, crowd entrance or not...)he gets cheered after a superman punch, after his war cry, after his spear, and after his victory. I also believe he is cheered through the match but those examples are the most obvious. That is what I hear. I can't debate what is heard. I suppose I could find YouTube clips of matches to prove my point, where the pops are undeniable, but that would be a waste of my time.

And dude, the reason Bryan didn't have a title reign is because he got injured. Are you being serious? They even waited over a month before they stripped him. How is not having a title run through INJURY not being given a fair shake? We can agree to disagree.

That's an obtuse statement. Shittiest fan city? Sure... Philly fans get overzealous and downright criminally violent about the Eagles, Flyers, Phillies and their major sports teams in general... but they're a PERFECT wrasslin' crowd because of that. They're honest, and if that means they shit all over a poor ending, so be it. That's called instant feedback. They would've had the same reaction in New York, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Dallas and any other city where the fans actually react to the product.

Now as for the point of the thread... the Rumble match was so poorly booked across the board I don't think five things could have saved it. The worst thing about it is that they obviously KNEW the crowd was going to shit all over it or else they wouldn't have had Dwayne come out to try and save face. Daniel Bryan winning would have been the best case scenario, no matter what anyone says. That's where the fanbase is and therefore, the money. Even if Bryan was still to lose, what would the problem have been with keeping him in the ring and including him in the final four? At the very least, it would have kept the train from going completely off the rails until the finish.

Getting off the D-Bry subject, there were a lot of other storyline elements that seemed to be completely ignored or at least treated as afterthoughts. Miz and Mizdow should have been in the ring at the same time to create more tension between them and lay the foundation for their split and a match that would make sense on the Mania undercard. Cesaro should have been featured better in the match as well, bringing him back to his Andre The Giant Memorial form and eliminating Big Show. Those were just a few ideas that came to mind while I was watching.

The final four should have been based around the guys who are actually getting good reactions and fan support. Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose would have kept the crowd invested. Insert Bray Wyatt into any of those spots along with Reigns. Again, even if Reigns won in that scenario, the finish would have seemed more like a minor cut than the bloody, hemmoraging wound that it became. That ending was chaotic and bad... not unpredictable as it could have been... just poorly, poorly executed. I've always thought the point of the final four should be that nobody's quite sure who is going to win. Once you have Kane and Big Show... and Rusev (what the hell was the point of that?)... it's painfully obvious and predictable what's going to happen. If they had made the final four a little more along the lines of what I mentioned above, then at least the crowd still has a dog in the fight. Reigns just isn't winning anyone over outside of Cena kids and their moms.

And what if Daniel Bryan did win it? It's what the fans would have wanted the most and is therefore good for business. Some say it's too unbelievable... well, news break... but it's pretty unbelievable for anyone on the roster to go over on Lesnar at this point. He's the fucking Terminator. But this is "fake" wrestling and there are always options to explore, why not go with the option that guarantees a positive fan reaction and possibly more Network buys, ticket sales and increased revenues in general? Like it or not, there was serious money to be made with a Lesnar vs. Bryan main event. After all, we're talking about the guy who beat Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista in the same night at last year's event.

I feel bad for Reigns because this wasn't his decision, and I fear that this is going to seriously hinder his career and he's going to end up like his cousin (Manu, NOT The Rock). I'm not his biggest fan, but if they had kept him on ice for just one more year and let him work out the kinks in his performance, he could have had the right kind of momentum to win next year's Rumble and main event next year's Mania.

It wouldn't matter how long they prepared Roman Reigns. Unless it is Daniel Bryan, WWE can't seem to have anyone else win the Rumble, since the B-Listers (DB fans) won't be happy unless their favourite B-lister, Bryan wins every Rumble and wins the title at every WM from now until the end of time.

The only think that i didn'T like about the rumble was the way the rumble was booked this year and not really who won it. I understand why they booked bryan to get eliminated early, because in their mind they thought that if they're was a big gap of time between bryan getting eliminated and Reigns getting in the ring that the fans would forget and jump on reigns bandwagon, which like we all saw didn'T happen at all. Then it was really all downhill from there sadly.

They're was a way to book this make so not to make this so predictable, like having bryan be in the final four and not trying to get the whole autorithy angle involve into this. I could have seen the final four been Rusev, Wyatt, Reigns and bryan and then you build the dram to see who wins the rumble, maybe even have bryan and reigns be the final 2 and tease a bryan win only to have bryan missing a move and reigns eliminated him and afterward have bryan endorse Reigns that way the fans won't crap all over the predictable finish and by having the fan favorite in bryan endorse reigns, fans will get into roman reigns.

Instead they had bryan get eliminated early, then after that the next guy that was over was ryback who became an afterthought really quickly, then mizdow got eliminated quickly and the last 2 over guys were ambrose and ziggler and they look pretty horrible in that match. The thing that i hated the most was the treatment of rusev in the end, for a guy that was protected for most of 2014, he look like a total fool last night and again they had somebody that could become a upper level heel character to replace big show and kane and they pretty much killed off any momemtum he had and with the cena program coming for wrestlemania, rusev will pretty become just another wrestler on the roster.

They're not cramming anything. What many fans fail to realize is Reigns's push is not an overnight thing. The guy was getting HUGE POPS ever since the Shield split, contrary to what one of the previous poster would have readers believe. In fact, he was getting huge pops during the Shield's face run as well. He was EXTREMELY over for a VERY long time. And who is to say if he's ready? I've been watching wrestling for over 25 years, and I think he's ready. The WWE runs the damn thing and THEY think he's ready. The f'n FANS voted him as Superstar of the Year, so those voters think he's ready. The only people who don't think he's ready is the fickle haters that goes by "IWC." Once again, any super face who is over is living on borrowed time if he is not a cruiserweight. It was bound to happen to Reigns. I just didn't think it'd happen this soon. I figured he'd at least make it through the first year or two like Batista did as a face. Any reason to hate him such as "Mic skills" and 'blah blah blah' if it ain't one thing, it'd be another. Even if he had perfect mic skills it would be that he just "has the look that Vince loves" or they will focus on subjective things like in-ring ability. It's easy to say someone is not ready in the ring when you can't be proven wrong. It's a matter of opinion. Someone's ring ability is subjective. So there is always and will always be SOMETHING to hate on if you want to.

But they are cramming him! Come on... you can't honestly tell me with a straight face that he's been consistently getting *HUGE POPS* since the Shield split. Pops, yes. HUGE POPS, no. Compared to Daniel Bryan and sometimes Dolph Ziggler or even Dean Ambrose, Reigns' pops are not huge. Frame of reference: watch almost any Attitude Era Raw broadcast. Scotty 2 Hotty was getting bigger pops then than Reigns is now. He was getting great pops during the Shield's face run, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he was protected by being part of that faction and they were going up against HHH and The Authority at a point in time where they were getting booed out of the building as a result of screwing Daniel Bryan and/or CM Punk.

Superstar of the Year? I don't care what anyone says, but that was rigged considering the other nominees. Ever noticed that most of the voting on WWE app is basically pre-rigged anyway, even when it's something as simple as a vote between a street fight, no DQ match and falls count anywhere match (the only major difference between the three being the falls-count-anywhere stip. A street fight is essentially the same thing as a No-DQ match)? They knew they had to start heaping accolades on Reigns to keep his name in the conversation so he would be accepted as the new "IT" guy, so it was a means to an end. But it reeked of bullshit then and it reeks of bullshit now. You actually BELIEVE he won that award over Daniel Bryan who won the title at WM30 or Brock Lesnar who ended the streak? Even with a record-setting elimination count from the 2014 Rumble, how does that measure up to either of the aforementioned accolades by Bryan or Lesnar? Seriously, if there can be voter fraud in government elections, I don't think the WWE brass is gonna lose sleep over rigging an entertainment award voting system to make their guy look good.

I'm not a Reigns hater, but I think the company is being stubborn with the way they're booking him. That's not his fault, but he's going to be the fall guy anyway and that sucks for him. It says an awful lot when they had the Rock backstage ready to try and salvage Roman's reputation because they knew the fans wouldn't take to that ending. That's basically saying "we don't have any faith in you to get over on your own, so we're bringing in your popular cousin to help with that." Remember when Rocky Maivia was being shit on by the crowd? I do... and I sure as hell don't remember WWF bringing in his dad or his grandfather or any one of his many uncles or cousins to help get him over. He took matters into his own hands. Again, it says a lot when WWE won't even let Roman follow suit. Maybe if they hadn't rushed Dwayne to the ring and let Roman grab a mic and do an off-the-cuff, from-the-heart interview (read: NOT SCRIPTED) then it would have helped. Probably not, but it's a far better option than trotting out Cousin Rocky to save the day. That just made Roman look like a chump, and even worse: it backfired horribly.

In reference to your remarks about the IWC... how many times do I have to say this? The IWC doesn't exist! It's a straw man figment of the imagination and an easy way to dismiss someone else's opinion without engaging. It's lazy. Pretty much everybody has the internet now and uses it to communicate in numerous ways, so every wrestling fan is gonna use it to discuss, complain, compliment and otherwise comment on the product. This isn't '95 where you pay for AOL by the minute using a 56k dialup modem and people are still trying to understand this whole newfangled world wide web thing. It's 2015 and most of us are carrying supercomputers in our pockets and data plans so we can surf the web from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the Burger King toilet. If the IWC is still a thing, we're ALL a part of it anyway, so why bring it up as a slight? Why bring it up at all?

Right. Let's just agree to disagree. Clearly the guy has been getting cheered for over a year through his entrance, (something that obviously not everybody is cheered for, crowd entrance or not...)he gets cheered after a superman punch, after his war cry, after his spear, and after his victory. I also believe he is cheered through the match but those examples are the most obvious. That is what I hear. I can't debate what is heard. I suppose I could find YouTube clips of matches to prove my point, where the pops are undeniable, but that would be a waste of my time.

And dude, the reason Bryan didn't have a title reign is because he got injured. Are you being serious? They even waited over a month before they stripped him. How is not having a title run through INJURY not being given a fair shake? We can agree to disagree.

Cheered is a relative term, one guy saying hurrah is technically cheered. He gets small pops sure but Bryan pops not even in the same country, ziggler pops, not even close, Ambrose pops not even on his good nights. Ambrose is far more over than reigns so why not push him because vince is delusional or hates his fans. Bryan needs a cena/batista/orton/punk reign not a miz/del rio reign, he got hurt and didn't wrestle one month of his 2.5 month reign what are you not getting?

It comes down to this.

The fans felt cheated when Bryan didn't win the Rumble last year and cheated again when he got hurt. They haven't gotten the run they wanted. Ironically Reigns nearly died, but they kept his image "strong" rather than be honest about how serious it actually was and that has hurt him... remember Bryans whole drama unfolded on Total Divas... people saw it, the worry about his career etc and now he is back they want it back to how it was before he got hurt to pay off that.

How do the boys feel, well we know at least one was unhappy enough to walk in Justin Gabriel, but arguably that would be for personal reasons...

There is a guy on the main page trying to claim that Bryan was "off" with him and several other fans after the elimination, staring blankly etc... I must admit, he did look either out of it or VERY pissed off when the camera focused on him after the elimination. Perhaps it was a botch or he was concussed... his actions sounded that way if true.

Reigns could and should wait... but Vince is calling the shots not the fans, so it won't happen that way.

Now at worst case, if something did botch in the match (the entrance clearly was cos Bray either did his promo to often or they miscued Ryder's music so he had to "go".) then it could perhaps have got Bryan wondering... if he was concussed as he did take some very hard bumps, especially the elimination then he could have literally been zoned out or thinking... "this was not a good idea".

A lot of "the boys" will be shocked at the response, let's face it once you know you're not winning, does it make much difference who or how you go out? A lot of them "did a favour" for Kane to help him get a much deserved record as his legacy/thank you from the company... the fans shit on that, of course they won't "get it" but I doubt any of the guys who Kane did eliminate will be annoyed, they'd just hope they get 16 more goes to win it like he did!

It wouldn't matter how long they prepared Roman Reigns. Unless it is Daniel Bryan, WWE can't seem to have anyone else win the Rumble, since the B-Listers (DB fans) won't be happy unless their favourite B-lister, Bryan wins every Rumble and wins the title at every WM from now until the end of time.

That's really cool how you pretty much blanket the majority of WWE fans as B-Listers. Please tell me more about your keen observation skills.

But they are cramming him! Come on... you can't honestly tell me with a straight face that he's been consistently getting *HUGE POPS* since the Shield split. Pops, yes. HUGE POPS, no. Compared to Daniel Bryan and sometimes Dolph Ziggler or even Dean Ambrose, Reigns' pops are not huge. Frame of reference: watch almost any Attitude Era Raw broadcast. Scotty 2 Hotty was getting bigger pops then than Reigns is now. He was getting great pops during the Shield's face run, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he was protected by being part of that faction and they were going up against HHH and The Authority at a point in time where they were getting booed out of the building as a result of screwing Daniel Bryan and/or CM Punk.

Superstar of the Year? I don't care what anyone says, but that was rigged considering the other nominees. Ever noticed that most of the voting on WWE app is basically pre-rigged anyway, even when it's something as simple as a vote between a street fight, no DQ match and falls count anywhere match (the only major difference between the three being the falls-count-anywhere stip. A street fight is essentially the same thing as a No-DQ match)? They knew they had to start heaping accolades on Reigns to keep his name in the conversation so he would be accepted as the new "IT" guy, so it was a means to an end. But it reeked of bullshit then and it reeks of bullshit now. You actually BELIEVE he won that award over Daniel Bryan who won the title at WM30 or Brock Lesnar who ended the streak? Even with a record-setting elimination count from the 2014 Rumble, how does that measure up to either of the aforementioned accolades by Bryan or Lesnar? Seriously, if there can be voter fraud in government elections, I don't think the WWE brass is gonna lose sleep over rigging an entertainment award voting system to make their guy look good.

I'm not a Reigns hater, but I think the company is being stubborn with the way they're booking him. That's not his fault, but he's going to be the fall guy anyway and that sucks for him. It says an awful lot when they had the Rock backstage ready to try and salvage Roman's reputation because they knew the fans wouldn't take to that ending. That's basically saying "we don't have any faith in you to get over on your own, so we're bringing in your popular cousin to help with that." Remember when Rocky Maivia was being shit on by the crowd? I do... and I sure as hell don't remember WWF bringing in his dad or his grandfather or any one of his many uncles or cousins to help get him over. He took matters into his own hands. Again, it says a lot when WWE won't even let Roman follow suit. Maybe if they hadn't rushed Dwayne to the ring and let Roman grab a mic and do an off-the-cuff, from-the-heart interview (read: NOT SCRIPTED) then it would have helped. Probably not, but it's a far better option than trotting out Cousin Rocky to save the day. That just made Roman look like a chump, and even worse: it backfired horribly.

In reference to your remarks about the IWC... how many times do I have to say this? The IWC doesn't exist! It's a straw man figment of the imagination and an easy way to dismiss someone else's opinion without engaging. It's lazy. Pretty much everybody has the internet now and uses it to communicate in numerous ways, so every wrestling fan is gonna use it to discuss, complain, compliment and otherwise comment on the product. This isn't '95 where you pay for AOL by the minute using a 56k dialup modem and people are still trying to understand this whole newfangled world wide web thing. It's 2015 and most of us are carrying supercomputers in our pockets and data plans so we can surf the web from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the Burger King toilet. If the IWC is still a thing, we're ALL a part of it anyway, so why bring it up as a slight? Why bring it up at all?

1. As far as the volume of the pop goes, clearly that is semantics. Whether it is loud or huge, we both agree that he was consistently getting loud pops, correct? Am I saying it was as loud as Bryan? No, but let's be honest, the "Yes" chant is a huge part of that. Fans just like chanting it. Is that all of it? Of course not, but it's to the point where it's almost unfair to compare Bryan to anyone else due to the "Yes" chants. Was it as loud as Ziggler? Some parts, yes. The superman punch, spear, and occasionally the victory in my opinion rivaled if not equal Ziggler's pops. To me Ziggler gets a louder cheer on entrance and definitely through the match. Bottom line is the guy consistently got a pop. Am I saying he was the second coming of Stone Cold Steve Austin? No. But by today's standards, in my opinion, his pops were huge. Especially considering how hard it is to be a face these days.

2. I don't respond to conspiracy theories. Show evidence of the results being rigged and then you have something there. To say that the results must have been rigged because it goes against your opinion is textbook fallacious reasoning. Having said that, as I said before, myself, the WWE, and the VOTERS, the MILLIONS OF VOTERS all believe he is ready, so who is to say he isn't? Which brings me back to the IWC- fans on the internet. Those seem to be the only ones who don't. After the Rumble it may now be fans in the arena as a fallout from the PPV, but up until then, it was just the IWC, as the fan reactions did not display that for any more than 3 weeks tops, and that is a generous amount.

3. How are they being stubborn? Yesterday was the FIRST time that he was flat-out booed. They cheered for the guy and they believe that he has the total package, as do I and MILLIONS of other fans. Stubborn would have been something like keeping last year's main event at Batista vs. Orton. Reigns never got heat until yesterday. At worst he got a mixed reaction prior to yesterday. So how is it stubborn if you believe in the guy and recognize that the length of time the fans have been behind him far outweigh any aberrations where they haven't been? Yesterday seems to be more than an aberration, but by then, obviously it was too late. I just hope they stick to their guns. I would love a Reigns vs. Brock match. Call me a mark but I am all for realism and I don't see Daniel Bryan realistically beating Brock Lesnar anyway. And not just because he's smaller.

4. The IWC most certainly exists. Even I am a part of it. Anybody who goes on boards like this is a part of the IWC. And that voice DOES carry over into the arenas. You can't deny that. And this isn't even a central point of my points anyway. So who cares? Fine, let's call them "Adult wrestling fans who bitch a lot online, keep watching, hijack shows, then go back online to bitch some more?" Is that better? To me IWC is much shorter and clearer. The difference between fans such as myself and the hating portion of the IWC is that while I am a part of it, I am not a part of what I perceive to be the problem. It's like being a part of a country that is screwed up. That doesn't mean fans who support the product are part of the problem. And yes, fans have the right to bitch, but when you've been bitching for most of your fanhood, at what point are you just insane for wasting all these hours of your life paying for something you will never be satisfied with?

That's really cool how you pretty much blanket the majority of WWE fans as B-Listers. Please tell me more about your keen observation skills.

No. B-Listers are what I call Daniel Bryan's fan club. I think it is a cool name to reflect where their hero sits in the scheme of things.

Maybe when WWE decides to have a champion who is a scrawny, shrimpy hippy, then DB is your go-to guy.

Thank God Daniel Bryan does NOT have the ego of a CM Punk.... can you imagine that? people rioting and booing results just because you didnt win? Daniel Bryan, the most over performer in the company by far, would have walked out by far......

But now its kinda becoming a tradition, Royal Rumble comes around, people shit all over the result and for the next few weeks (months?) people bitch, moan and boo everyone, chant bryan`s name during other peoples matches, ruin segments, etc, just because Bryan did not win.

How do you think the guys in the back feel? Daniel Bryan seems like the kind of guy who just does what he is told, and only worries about the performance, not the result. But what about the wrestlers who have to deal with the fans during their segments, you know the ortons, batistas from last year, and this year the roman reigns, big show, kane, authority, etc.

people booing just because they want to boo? it just seems like there would be no motivation to go out there and perform because people will boo it or chant someone elses name. Reigns just had the biggest victory of his career but he had to share the spotlight with the rock and he still got booed

Thoughts?

I think they're all content with it. Since WWE is scripted, they're aware of the outcome and what the company's plans with them. I don't think there are any people with egos like CM Punk backstage now. The Shield and Ryback are humbled.

Very well put. That was the lamest ending imaginable. Uhhhh Big Show and Kane get mad at each other and Reigns clothesline them both out...CHECK PLEASE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philly was NOT being unreasonable either.
All they wanted was ANYTHING but the silly scripted bullshit that anyone above age 5 can see coming three miles (or months if you prefer) away.

They got behind Bryan, Ziggler, and Ambrose throughout the match. Wyatt winning from #5 would have been legendary. SO MANY OPTIONS yet Vince jams his golden boy down our throats again. It's been 15 years of this stupid nonsense. I hope most of the #CancelWWENetwork trending on Twitter wasn't just blowhard BS. HOpe they suffer MILLIONS of cancellations.

Very well put. That was the lamest ending imaginable. Uhhhh Big Show and Kane get mad at each other and Reigns clothesline them both out...CHECK PLEASE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philly was NOT being unreasonable either.
All they wanted was ANYTHING but the silly scripted bullshit that anyone above age 5 can see coming three miles (or months if you prefer) away.

They got behind Bryan, Ziggler, and Ambrose throughout the match. Wyatt winning from #5 would have been legendary. SO MANY OPTIONS yet Vince jams his golden boy down our throats again. It's been 15 years of this stupid nonsense. I hope most of the #CancelWWENetwork trending on Twitter wasn't just blowhard BS. HOpe they suffer MILLIONS of cancellations.

How come Vince's golden boy is never the fans' golden boy?

Because whomever he chooses, you choose someone who they will never push to be "rebellious".

What was everyones problem with the Royal Rumble?
I can see both sides but personally overall I can't see what the big deal is and I actually enjoyed watching it last night.
I did think Roman Reigns was a horrible choice and way too early of a choice to win the event and headline Wrestlemania pretty much straight after being out from an injury and straight from a tag team before that shoved straight into it with little chance to build any kind of an actual singles career, Which is kind of a shame now as this win caused a major part of the audience to seemingly completely turn against him which could have otherwise been a promising career if he had a chance to develop his singles career over this year first.
Having had the same boring guys like Cena, Orton and CM Punk dominate the world title picture the past few years I'm not personally a fan but he can't be much worse than the guys I mentioned previously and if not at least their trying someone else.

The problem I have is if this is going to be the routine now if the WWE wants to avoid this backlash now it has to start pandering to the loudest fans mainly IWC over who wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to headline Wrestlemania every year, I too personally would have prefered to see Daniel Bryan win, But next year perhaps the IWC may have wanted Dean Ambrose with the following year being other IWC favourites Dolph Ziggler then Kevin Steen for example if WWE gave the IWC everything it wanted, I imagine that would get very dull and predictable so fast there would be no fun in that.

So I'm curious what everyone thinks the problem was with the Royal Rumble, Is their problem with Roman Reigns personally? Or with the WWE for not going with the fans choice option for winner?

I thought the Royal Rumble was fine. As far as the Royal Rumble match, I'd have Bryan in the Final 5 (Rusev, Kane, Show, Reigns and Bryan).

I'd still have Reigns eliminate Rusev/Show/Kane but have Bryan take Rusev's role as the guy who's left to eliminate and have Reigns eliminate Bryan for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back