WWE Draft LD Has Both Brands Hoping For No Whammies *Matt Hardy To Raw, Chavo to SD*

Yeah and you'll still be watching next week though. You'll tune and see who gets the ring. You'll tune in the week after to see what this new ring can do. You'll tune in every week and see the ring saga unfold.

Because whats the alternative? Watching RAW? Of coruse not. MICHAEL COLE SAID JERICHO HAS FINALLY COME BACK TO RAW AND HE HASN'T EVEN BEEN GONE THAT LONG!!"!£!"$%!"q$

How can WWE get away with such wacky things

Not at all. Not even close, in fact. I'll tune in to see the follow-up with Anderson/Pope (assuming there is one), the continued fall-out with AJ/RVD and the evolution of Matt Morgan and Shannon Moore. I don't give a flying fuck about the giant special-ed child with superpowers also known as Mankindof, and I'm done explaining that. If you and all your buddies didn't get it the first 18 times I said it, you never will. That's on you, not me.

Point is, as shitty a job as TNA does with providing a consistent show that makes sense from point A to point Z, RAW IMO does an even worse job and only gets by on it's history at this point. I haven't seen a single thing on the show tonight from what I watched in the last hour that got me excited for anything heading into next week, and this was supposed to be one of their biggest shows of the year. The draft is supposed to move major players, and the biggest move was "returning" Jericho to a place he never left, but was apparently "banned" from?

Wow, I missed quite the fighting tonight, eh? I actually quite enjoyed Raw tonight and I'm intrigued with the draft. Obviously Raw got "stacked" since they are the show that "competes" with TNA, but Smackdown is intriguing as well with Christian and Kofi looking at main event pushes. Tell me you aren't psyched about a Christian/Punk feud down the road?

As for the main event, I think it leaves a lot of questions unanswered which is what you want moving forward. I'm not sure what the huge complaints were tonight but I thought they did a pretty good job with the show, even if it was choppy in flow at times (very un-Raw like in that matter). I'd be willing to hear what was so bad about Raw but it's probably just TNA marks and nitpickers trying to find fault as usual.

Wow, I missed quite the fighting tonight, eh? I actually quite enjoyed Raw tonight and I'm intrigued with the draft. Obviously Raw got "stacked" since they are the show that "competes" with TNA, but Smackdown is intriguing as well with Christian and Kofi looking at main event pushes. Tell me you aren't psyched about a Christian/Punk feud down the road?

As for the main event, I think it leaves a lot of questions unanswered which is what you want moving forward. I'm not sure what the huge complaints were tonight but I thought they did a pretty good job with the show, even if it was choppy in flow at times (very un-Raw like in that matter). I'd be willing to hear what was so bad about Raw but it's probably just TNA marks and nitpickers trying to find fault as usual.

Because "TNA marks" aren't allowed to try liking the alternative? We aren't allowed to criticize your show the way you criticize ours week-after-week? We aren't allowed to try and objectively weigh the pros and cons of the programming because we're not swallowing anything Vince offers?

Here's a logical complaint for ya: how does Hornswaggle win by count-out when he used a foreign object (three, in fact) to hit Ziggler with to keep him out of the ring? Where's the logic in that?

would you want the hottest star in WWE right now on the B show, smackdown, or the flagship show, RAW?

On Smackdown, where he has people he can feud with that he hasn't fought already. Also it's not like the brand split means much anymore anyway.

Because "TNA marks" aren't allowed to try liking the alternative? We aren't allowed to criticize your show the way you criticize ours week-after-week? We aren't allowed to try and objectively weigh the pros and cons of the programming because we're not swallowing anything Vince offers?

You are absolutely allowed to weigh the pros and cons of the show. Hell, I do it partially for a living. However, doing it objectively is something you are not doing if you are going in with an unbiased eye. If you are looking for fault, you will find fault in anything. I'm not directing this at you, it's just kind of truth of fact.

I can tell you that in my younger years, I certainly had that fire and criticized stuff just for the sake of it and did my share of crusading for "the little guy", and while it's admirable, it's sometimes basically for nothing. I don't know why every review people do these days has to compare the 2 shows either. There's a lot I'm not understanding about people's viewpoints these days.

If you take tonight's Raw and look at it for what it is, I think they did a good job. Keep in mind you have to have matches for draft picks and have a little bit of fallout from the Pay Per View the night before. It is not an easy balance, and on top of all that, they started the show with a title change that was probably originally planned for Extreme Rules. It still isn't easy to get it all done, but when the day is over, I can look back and see a title change at the beginning of the night, some pretty solid matches (specifically Jericho/Christian and Swagger/Morrison were pretty awesome) and a main event with 3 huge talents that included a 4th huge talent with a run in. On top of that, I can dream the sweet dreams of new feuds like Edge/Orton, Edge/Sheamus, Morrison/Miz, Christian/Punk, Kofi/Punk, Morrison/Dibiase, etc. I found enough to like that I was entertained by the show, and that comes from watching with the intent of being entertained, but finding and reporting faults where I see them. If you doubt my credibility and find me too optimistic, I challenge you to PM me and I will point you in the direction of my website where I review every Raw (and other shows for that matter) and you can see exactly how my views take shape as it pertains to Raw.

I enjoyed RAW tonight. I've discovered that its a lot easier to enjoy when I don't participate in the LDs during the show, as all of the bitching tends to make me look for faults, whereas when I just watch it I am usually entertained. I literally laughed out loud when R-Truth slapped Dibiasi. Loved it. And I DVRed Impact so I could watch it afterwards. But first, I came to this LD (the RAW LD mind you, not the Impact LD) to see what people thought of the Edge run-in.

Instead, I got to read through several pages of how crappy RAW is, how much better Impact usually is, how terrible Impact was tonight, and worst of all, spoilers for tonight's Impact which I was about to watch on my DVR. So for all of you TNA guys that decided to come bitching in the RAW LD after the show and insisted on talking about a different show that has it's own LD, here's a big old :fuckoff:. Thank you very much for that.

I enjoyed RAW tonight. I've discovered that its a lot easier to enjoy when I don't participate in the LDs during the show, as all of the bitching tends to make me look for faults, whereas when I just watch it I am usually entertained. I literally laughed out loud when R-Truth slapped Dibiasi. Loved it. And I DVRed Impact so I could watch it afterwards. But first, I came to this LD (the RAW LD mind you, not the Impact LD) to see what people thought of the Edge run-in.

Instead, I got to read through several pages of how crappy RAW is, how much better Impact usually is, how terrible Impact was tonight, and worst of all, spoilers for tonight's Impact which I was about to watch on my DVR. So for all of you TNA guys that decided to come bitching in the RAW LD after the show and insisted on talking about a different show that has it's own LD, here's a big old :fuckoff:. Thank you very much for that.

If it makes you feel any better, next week both Abyss' ring AND RVD's strap get dropped to the returning Cody Deaner.

If it makes you feel any better, next week both Abyss' ring AND RVD's strap get dropped to the returning Cody Deaner.

I like you for two reasons.

1) You have Desmond as your name/sig, and any Lost fan gets an automatic pass.

2) The scenario you proposed is likely more entertaining than whatever will actually happen...

Well, Raw had new tag team champs with 4 good draft picks. I still don't know see why not one main event talent was drafted to Smackdown. I understand it's a B show, but at least have one person I.E Orton, Jericho, Edge, Sheamus, etc. go to Smackdown.

It looks like Smackdown will be the show for rising stars. I just hope more underutilized talent goes there. Raw gets the win this week, especially since there was no annoying d list celebs. We will have to see what next week brings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back