WWE 13 Hype Thread

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
Christ, must I fucking do everything? Even from out here?

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the following names have been confirmed for the "WWE '13" video game roster. The list doesn't appear finished, but it's what we know about the roster so far.

Modern Era Stars with Current Gimmicks: Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Booker T, Brock Lesnar, Brodus Clay, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Epico, Heath Slater, Hunico, Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal, John Cena, Justin Gabriel, Kane, Kevin Nash, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, Primo, R-Truth, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Santino Marella, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Ted DiBiase, The Great Khali, The Miz, The Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Wade Barrett, Zack Ryder, Alicia Fox, Beth Phoenix, The Bella Twins, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly and Kharma.

Attitude Era Stars: Steve Austin, The Rock, Triple H, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Edge & Christian, New Age Outlaws, Road Warriors, X-Pac, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, Trish Stratus, Lita, Big Show, Kane, Davey Boy Smith, Vader, Mark Henry, Ken Shamrock, Godfather and Big Bossman.

The report also notes that WWE Hall of Famer Mike Tyson will be a special playable celebrity character, and it's believed that him signing on to appear in the game was part of what lead to him being inducted into The Hall of Fame this year.

Im pissed we have to use up legend spots on duplicate superstars. Fuck. On the bright side, there is a whole lot of good mid card fodder(Ill absolutely be using X-Pac, Road Dogg, Bossman, Bulldog, Shamrock, and the faces of Foley) in there, and im happy to have Bret and Guerrero for what will be the ME scene on SD.

Also disappointing that the report on Universe mode 3.0 is

"uh...itll be like, better...and shit....BUT HEY LOOK ATTITUDE ERA GUYS AND STORYLINE MODE!!"

"32 Attitude Era Legends", THQ and I obviously have different definitions of the word Legend. The Roster looks shit. Should have just done a massive Monday Night Wars roster instead.

Yes.

I figure there will be two reactions.

The majority of us, who are quite aware the attitude era was a skidmark in the underwear of the history of professional wrestling, and are pretty disappointed with this list...

and there will be the majority of people who will buy a wwe sim game, who fucking *********e to old attitude era RAWs on a nightly basis. Which means this will probably sell.

Fuck.

I see your point with the term "legend" but I dont mind. Like I said, helps me pad out my roster.

When the only new feature they can announce is the inclusion of a bunch of guys I could produce with the CAW feature, you know it's going to be more shit than usual.

That roster is hardly confirmed. It is just a rumor, which is likely made by just taking an random group of current and old guys that they want to see.

I for one love this. I'd rather see 90's people that were relevant in the 90's then Ezekiel Jackson and Drew McIntyre, who aren't relevant now (and arguably never relevant).

I can't fucking wait for this. I want to see what they're doing with Universe, and then with the Storyline mode.

When the only new feature they can announce is the inclusion of a bunch of guys I could produce with the CAW feature, you know it's going to be more shit than usual.
the game doesn't come out for 5 months. They never announce everything all at once.

They've announced a massive, completely new story mode (replacing Road to WrestleMania), and they've said they made changes to Universe and stuff, not to mention the Attitude Era stuff. I'd say that's a fucking shit-ton of stuff they announced.

No it isn't. They announce the same things every single year.

Pretty sure there has been a "whole new story mode" with every iteration of the game for a decade, and they've all been of a significantly lower standard than what was being produced between 2000 and 2003.

When they start announcing that they've un-******ed the AI or stopped using a heavily polished gameplay engine from the turn of the century then I'll start paying attention. Instead they spend the development cycle rendering a sprite of Big Boos Man.

No it isn't. They announce the same things every single year.

Pretty sure there has been a "whole new story mode" with every iteration of the game for a decade, and they've all been of a significantly lower standard than what was being produced between 2000 and 2003.

When they start announcing that they've un-******ed the AI or stopped using a heavily polished gameplay engine from the turn of the century then I'll start paying attention. Instead they spend the development cycle rendering a sprite of Big Boos Man.

I'm with Gelgarin. The best thing for wrestling games, sadly, will be when THQ goes under in the next year or so and the WWE license gets pried from Yuke's filthy paws.

The Attitude Era mode should be fun to play a few times but I doubt if the gameplay is going to be better that Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy or Fire Pro Wrestling.

Er, its the intitial list, not the full roster. So Zeke and Drew, probably in. You know, like it says in the article.

Still gelgarin gots it right.

Every year its just a new gimmicky thing to attract shoppers, not improvement on the game engine or the modes already in there. It could be argued that Universe mode actually got WORSE last year on multiple levels.

There won't be fighting in the crowds again this year. WTF Cory?? I don't think he realizes that there are a hell of a lot of people that want that feature and you don't give it? Bad form man.

I'm going to do the same thing I did last year. And that is demand American Bad-Ass Undertaker be an alternate attire.

Also, Jinder Mahal may be in this one and AJ may not. Fuck you, THQ, Fuck you up the arse, multiple times.

I was very happy with WWE12. This just looks like an update to WWE12, with a better CAW system for PS3 owners and better modes for people who sim matches. since most of my fun with WWE12 was CAWs, playing friends online, and watching matches, I'll probably be picking this up.

Can't wait to play as...Epico!

I recently re-purchased an N64, complete with No Mercy so the legends in this game are wasted on me. I already have them in a superior game.

I kind of think the attitude era shit in this game is pretty cool and I might actually buy it emphasising the word "might" as much as I can.

What I'd really like to see though is the other side of the attitude era which was wcw. So it does make me sad that they're doing this cause it means they won't do a monday night wars themed game cause they've already done an attitude era one and obviously the attitude era was during the wars.

WWE owns all the licensing from wcw so I don't see why they don't just do a wwf vs wcw/nwo game. I'd love to bring Stone Cold Steve Austin to nitro to take on Hollywood Hogan and the nwo and shit like that. Come on guys who make the video games! How hard is it seriously!

A better looking roster then wwe12. As long as HBK/Edge also get a retirement/present day look I'll be even happier.

The good news: The videogame is doing it's best imitation of professional wrestling yet!
The bad news: They're giving us a crappy gimmick that will feed on stupid people who say, "Oh I LOVED the WWE in the late 90s! I'm going to buy this game for $60!"

I'm sad to say, I'll probably pass on WWE 13. If I'm going to use guys not on the current roster, I'll just download them from Community Creations. I have no use for Road Dogg or Shamrock, and ESPECIALLY Big Boss Man.

Sounds like they hit a creative or technical road block with improving the WWE Universe mode, so they just decided to cover that up with an expansive roster. I'm very disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back